Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Rookie

What's going on in my game? Well, I'm running a Bellator save,
but apparently NSAC allowed and sanctioned this fight...

cerrone won, in 1 minute, by armbar, lmao
Unread 07-17-2017, 03:16 AM
Hall of Fame

Got back into my save after a short break and my 3 booked cards got decapitated in one week's time. Sometimes you can get unlucky with those injuries but I still think it's realistic given how often it happens irl.

Plus: gameplaywise it's great as it incites you to be creative. Should be able to turn them off completely though for that 'arcade' experience.
Unread 07-17-2017, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Got back into my save after a short break and my 3 booked cards got decapitated in one week's time. Sometimes you can get unlucky with those injuries but I still think it's realistic given how often it happens irl.

Plus: gameplaywise it's great as it incites you to be creative. Should be able to turn them off completely though for that 'arcade' experience.
Was it the number of injuries or just that it was all at the top of the card?

I try set 2 or 3 more matches than i intend to run so when injuries come it is not so bad.
Unread 07-21-2017, 12:50 AM

My bellator save is in his second year. But having a crisis in the heavyweight divison. Fedor who's on a winning streak won't fight Brock for the belt as it's a step up in competition. So nelson v struve will be number one contender. Even tho brocks beat them both. All former ufc fighters are champions.

Mcdonald beat dantas
Swanson beat pitbull
Jim miller beat chandler
Rory beat Lima
Moussai beat cravalho
Bader beat Davis again to retain
Brock beat nelson
Unread 07-21-2017, 04:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltaine View Post
Was it the number of injuries or just that it was all at the top of the card?

I try set 2 or 3 more matches than i intend to run so when injuries come it is not so bad.
I've learned to do that as well. It was the head of the cards unfortunately. Luckily the game isn't too strict with replacement fights so I got to reschedule.
Unread 07-22-2017, 08:09 PM
Phenom

I dunno if a patch did it or I just get unlucky, but it does feel like injuries happen a lot more often lately. I've always played with injury setting on high, but it feels like the rate has increased in the time I took time off WMMA.
Unread 07-22-2017, 11:20 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebby View Post
I dunno if a patch did it or I just get unlucky, but it does feel like injuries happen a lot more often lately. I've always played with injury setting on high, but it feels like the rate has increased in the time I took time off WMMA.
Yeah, I'm seeing it as well. In the last six months of game time, I've had six fighters go down with 1-2 year injuries. Ridiculous. There needs to be a medical tab like in TEW to have guys get surgery and only when surgery goes wrong should a guy be out more than 12-16 months. These two year injuries are ruining my game honestly.
Unread 07-27-2017, 01:36 PM
Low Minors

SIGMA went bankrupt, don't think I've ever seen that happen before. They weren't exactly decimated in terms of losing stars either, which makes it weirder. They kept Kanchelskis until 2003, and Lermontov until 2005. At the time of their demise, they were mid level regional, with BCF at high level regional, so they weren't even beaten too badly there either.

FLB, XCC and KDM have all made it to national though which is nice. Alpha seem stuck at High Level National, whilst running GAMMA with only 35 fighters per class has kept things refreshing. Not loading up with every unemployed prospect right away has kept things going nicely. Didn't pick up Brown or Monroe until 2005 and 2006. Don't think it's a coincidence that this is the longest game I've done either.

Just for what it's worth, these are my champions (April 2007)
SHW: Kamal Singh
HW: Tim Boyer
LHW: Valentin Taneyev
MW: Neil Napier
WW: Nathan Chambers
LW: Brandon Sugar
FW: Yoshiro Makamori

Most notably, Nicholas Bretton was my former Featherweight Champion, in probably the most surprising champion I've ever had. Dropped him down to FW after losing to Benny Danare and Bud Brockett, and he beat Ned Butterfield, Jason Dalglish and Markus Waller before submitting Lamont Banner for the title. Defended it against Li-Kong Ho and Dalglish (again) as well, before dropping it to Makamori. Gone 0-2 since then though sadly.
Unread 07-28-2017, 04:14 AM
Phenom

Playing O+
Created my company, AMAZON and WEFF are national, so i'm getting the "minor fighter"
The beginning was hard, only 20 fighters in my roster. But now it's better.

Pamela O'neil was injured for one year after losing to Vaughan, bad luck
And for the second year in a row, Sarah Vaughan is the female fighter of the year

EDIT : Damn, i've played this game for a looong time but never seen a death occur by accident. Now it's done, Sue bach at 24.

Last edited by Celuwyn : 07-28-2017 at 04:24 AM.
Unread 07-28-2017, 04:55 AM
Hall of Fame

I always put deaths off, and the random injuries too. Imo there's already (more than) enough training injuries to sim real life.

Playing O+ still and made these custom weight classes at 120, 125, 130 and 140. It's good fun so far, with several custom fights happening. It's unfortunately the fighters will lose their weight class ranking this way (most only appear on P4P), but it makes for a better game because of the interchangability.

Holmes, Lehane and Oliver headlined their respective divisions for several years and in at the start of 2008, so far none of the new generation has taken over (with the exeption of Van Nieuwenhove who destroyed Holmes twice, and Vuorinen who has a meager hold on the 125 division). Vaughan and O'Neill had an epic best of 5 series that the latter ended up winning, securing her a spot in the HoF later on despite 2 big layoffs. Melnikova and Peoples are doing well atm and are on the verge of breaking through. And of course there's the usual drama queens who are good for a grudge match headliner like Larionova.

Can't wait to get even more personality in the db with WMMA5. I'm already underway improving the renders.
Unread 07-28-2017, 05:25 AM
Phenom

It's always all or nothing with Van Nieuwenhove for me

Ashley Lawler and Tamara mack have a very good destiny stat, and a fantastic match
Ashley knockdown Tamara with a uppercut, on the ground Tamara scramble in a north -south, she land 3 knees in the head of Ashley and finish with a north south choke, it was beautiful, and i totally see Tamara landing a big knee , it stun Ashley and the north south choke finish the job
Unread 07-28-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I always put deaths off, and the random injuries too. Imo there's already (more than) enough training injuries to sim real life.

Playing O+ still and made these custom weight classes at 120, 125, 130 and 140. It's good fun so far, with several custom fights happening. It's unfortunately the fighters will lose their weight class ranking this way (most only appear on P4P), but it makes for a better game because of the interchangability.

Holmes, Lehane and Oliver headlined their respective divisions for several years and in at the start of 2008, so far none of the new generation has taken over (with the exeption of Van Nieuwenhove who destroyed Holmes twice, and Vuorinen who has a meager hold on the 125 division). Vaughan and O'Neill had an epic best of 5 series that the latter ended up winning, securing her a spot in the HoF later on despite 2 big layoffs. Melnikova and Peoples are doing well atm and are on the verge of breaking through. And of course there's the usual drama queens who are good for a grudge match headliner like Larionova.

Can't wait to get even more personality in the db with WMMA5. I'm already underway improving the renders.
I took the opposite approach to weight classes. My Super Heavyweight is 231-300, Heavyweight is 191-230, Middleweight 161-190, Lightweight 135-160. I keep about fifty fighters in each division. I like the match options it gives me.

I also have ten minute rounds, 3x10 for normal fights, 5x10 for main events and 6x10 for championships.

I just had Kenkichio defend his lightweight title against Atep of Indonesia. He recovered from being knocked down twice to submit Atep in the 5th round.
Unread 08-02-2017, 01:38 AM
Rookie

I mostly do watcher sims, been running 5-10 years, tweaking the database, running a few more, tweaking it some more and I'm pretty satisfied with what I have, Mass Edited Recuperation and Preparation on everybody to 100, and set everybody to retire at very old, mostly so women don't retire at 31, but also to see if the engine would book fights at a high rate, worked for the most part, until I set every promotion to Rapid Fire, and it turned every promotion into a TV driven promotion with PPV's rarely if ever being used, only issue was that some guys wouldn't get signed until they were 35-0 because of how quickly the promotions would grow, after 11 years there were 4 High Level International promotions, and 3 Low Level and a handful of HLN's, with 18 promotions active and 9 Local Shows a month, there were an average of 4000 fights per year, with a 70+% finish rate before I decided to do something about things like Nate MacReary going 35-0 before BCF signs him and 41-0 before he ever gets a title shot against another guy that was 28-0 before BCF signed him, although its hysterical when guys like Emmitt Smith goes to FLB's Flyweight Division in 2002 and by the time I was done in 2012 had gone 23-0 in the promotion with 22 title defenses. Or Li-Kong Ho becomes the worlds greatest choke artist.

Currently running another 10 year with all 41 promotions I have in my database set to debut at a set time with 36 set to be active by 2012 and to counteract areas where large amounts of undefeated streaks via local shows take place I've given every promotion except for GAMMA a maximum growth size to give talent an outlet to get off the local shows and into promotions and force better talent to move up to a bigger promotion or just change talent pools as FLB and KDM will be competing for talent on the lighter weight categories.

When I'm completely satisfied with my database I might do a diary style write up in the dynasty forum before importing my own promotion to run 15-20 years in.

Although I don't think I'll be completely satisfied unless I get a game where it books a Fezzik/Foster trilogy or Christopher Sharp has a dominate title reign. Might as well ask for peace in the middle east while I'm at it.
Unread 08-02-2017, 01:45 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by theemrbeefy View Post
I mostly do watcher sims, been running 5-10 years, tweaking the database, running a few more, tweaking it some more and I'm pretty satisfied with what I have, Mass Edited Recuperation and Preparation on everybody to 100, and set everybody to retire at very old, mostly so women don't retire at 31, but also to see if the engine would book fights at a high rate, worked for the most part, until I set every promotion to Rapid Fire, and it turned every promotion into a TV driven promotion with PPV's rarely if ever being used, only issue was that some guys wouldn't get signed until they were 35-0 because of how quickly the promotions would grow, after 11 years there were 4 High Level International promotions, and 3 Low Level and a handful of HLN's, with 18 promotions active and 9 Local Shows a month, there were an average of 4000 fights per year, with a 70+% finish rate before I decided to do something about things like Nate MacReary going 35-0 before BCF signs him and 41-0 before he ever gets a title shot against another guy that was 28-0 before BCF signed him, although its hysterical when guys like Emmitt Smith goes to FLB's Flyweight Division in 2002 and by the time I was done in 2012 had gone 23-0 in the promotion with 22 title defenses. Or Li-Kong Ho becomes the worlds greatest choke artist.

Currently running another 10 year with all 41 promotions I have in my database set to debut at a set time with 36 set to be active by 2012 and to counteract areas where large amounts of undefeated streaks via local shows take place I've given every promotion except for GAMMA a maximum growth size to give talent an outlet to get off the local shows and into promotions and force better talent to move up to a bigger promotion or just change talent pools as FLB and KDM will be competing for talent on the lighter weight categories.

When I'm completely satisfied with my database I might do a diary style write up in the dynasty forum before importing my own promotion to run 15-20 years in.

Although I don't think I'll be completely satisfied unless I get a game where it books a Fezzik/Foster trilogy or Christopher Sharp has a dominate title reign. Might as well ask for peace in the middle east while I'm at it.
Wooh
You sim one year fast, or it take several hours ?
Unread 08-02-2017, 01:52 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuwyn View Post
Wooh
You sim one year fast, or it take several hours ?
The default data is actually pretty fast.