Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-29-2017, 08:41 PM
Low Minors

I'm glad to see you back at it with GSW. I have to admit i was saddened by the end of the last so here's hoping this one lasts just that much longer. Lets see GSW win the war and then....the world.
Unread 08-30-2017, 01:28 PM
Phenom

GSW A Matter of Respect 2016 card (Subject to change)
GSW American title match: Cali Slick vs Fro Sure
Hmmm... straight away I'm not confident here... I think Fro will have to chase for a little longer though.
Rio Grande Electrified Cage match: Busta Capp vs Mexico's Finest
I feel like Busta needs the win more to get some jizz back after losing last time out.
GSW West Coast title match: Omar vs Gravedigga
I think Omar will retain here, feels like he needs a little more time with the strap.
GSW Tag Team titles match: State of Destruction vs Top Kix (Drop Kix and Top Dolla)
Champs to retain with some ease.

Wouldn't be shocked if I got them all wrong.
Unread 09-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Phenom

GSW A Matter Of Respect 2016, Held in South West U.S., Attendance: 410

Cali Slick and Fro Sure opened the show, a departure from the recent tactic of having Nicole Kiss go through the card. This may in part be attributed to the fact that the opening match was not a West Coast title defense featuring her client Omar. The two men proceeded to trash talk each other while hyping up their main event title match for the GSW American championship, a strong start to the show with CJ Weston helping the usually silent and menacing Slick look good next to the fast-talking Fro Sure.
Grade: D+ 49

GSW Tag Team titles match
State of Destruction (BB Colossus & Boneyard) vs Top Kix (Drop Kix and Top Dolla)
vs
State Of Destruction defeated Drop Kix and Top Dolla in 10:10 when Boneyard defeated Top Dolla by pinfall with a Choke Slam. State Of Destruction make defence number 6 of their GSW Tag Team titles.

Another overbooked match, with the mayhem serving well in hiding how bad State of Destruction were doing in the ring. Despite the obese BB Colossus visibly tiring before the final bell, the defending tag team champions dominated their opponents, with Boneyard showing improvement in his performance skills. Drop Kix was the luckier of the two, showing some fighting spirit to come out of the match looking as strong as possible despite "only" put through a table. His partner on the other hand wasn't as lucky, despite showcasing improvement in both his aerial and performance skills; Top Dolla took a crazy dive from the arena's balcony to accentuate his new extremist persona, but landed hard on his ass to receive the fans' ridicule. The "white boy wigger" as they called him not only took the pin, he also struggled to walk away and was later rumored to have bruised his buttocks.
Grade: E 26

GSW West Coast title match
Omar (with Nicole Kiss) vs Gravedigga
vs
Omar defeated Gravedigga in 14:43 by pinfall with a High Velocity Headbutt. Omar makes defence number 3 of his GSW West Coast title.
Despite being primarily a brawler, Gravedigga did some high flying of his own and was able to put up a decent match against Omar. Nicole Kiss at ringside did a good job in adding drama to the story told in the ring and riling fans in support of Omar, an achievement that shouldn't be overlooked given the GSW crowd's love for brawlers and psychopaths. The match seemed a little tailor-made to accentuate Gravedigga's strengths, possibly to make up for his loss and present him as a credible challenger but it didn't help that Omar botched a move and apparently injured his opponent's elbow before ending the match with the High Velocity Headbutt.
Grade: D- 36

Rio Grande Electrified Steel Cage match
Busta Capp (with Kandii) vs Mexico's Finest
vs
Busta Capp defeated Mexico's Finest in Rio Grande Electrified Steel Cage match in 14:59 by pinfall with a Mafia Kick.
A true car crash of a match, Busta Capp and Mexico's Finest tore each other apart for almost fifteen minutes before Busta scored the pin. The two men made good use of the electrified steel cage as a weapon to up the violence levels, to the point where fans reported the smell of burning flesh was unbearable while Kandii's screams at ringside only added to the adrenaline and shock horror. While the booking of the match tried to play to the strengths of Mexico's Finest, this could be no squash match. Still, he looked good and even showcased sharp rumble skills but it was his stamina that did him in. The upside to that is that it made Capp look good, as Busta was having a really bad night to the point where it almost made his victory feel unjustified, were it not for the problems of Finest as well.

GSW American title match
Cali Slick (with CJ Weston) vs Fro Sure
vs
Fro Sure defeated Cali Slick in 24:56 by pinfall with a Sure Thing. Fro Sure wins the GSW American title.
Surprisingly long for GSW standards, this bout between probably the two top figures of the company had fans on the edge of their seat from bell to bell, with big moves, weapons and brawling in the stands. The leaner Fro Sure pulled off an epic win despite obvious stamina issues and even displayed some improvement in his performance skills, though admittedly the style of the match favored the powerhouse Slick so it was no surprise the defending champion put up the performance of the night. CJ Weston did some good job at ringside, but even his assists were not enough to keep the strap on his client. Fro Sure took Weston out of the equasion with a Sure Thing piledriver, which in turn allowed him to fight Slick on equal terms and defeat him to claim the GSW American title.
Grade: D 42

Show Grade: D 41
IPW's April show Grade: D 43

Last edited by DarK_RaideR : 09-05-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Unread 09-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Phenom

GSW Block Party 2016 card (Subject to change)
GSW American title rematch: Cali Slick vs Fro Sure
Is Fro Sure the real deal or did he just get lucky? After last month's epic clash, the two men at the top of GSW renew hostilities in the ring
Busta Capp vs Deaf Touch
Two GSW veterans and maybe the best in-ring workers on the roster clash in a quest to prove who's the best
Mexico's Finest vs ???
The big bad Mexican ex-con was chosen as the welcoming party for the company's latest signing. Will it be a rough one or will the newcomer take him by storm?
GSW Tag Team titles match: State of Destruction vs ???
After months of dominance for State of Destruction, GSW's Commissioner of Violence claims he's signed the team that will finally take the straps off the two behemoths. Fair warning or wishful thinking?
Unread 09-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Minor League

Busta Capp vs Deaf Touch

Mexico's Finest vs ???

Unread 09-05-2017, 10:54 PM
Low Minors

Busta Capp vs Deaf Touch

Mexico's Finest vs ???

Unread 09-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Phenom

I can't see Fro dropping again so soon. Can't rule out the swerve in such a chaotic environment of course but I don't think so.
Busta Capp vs Deaf Touch
A win here and I think Busta has built up enough momentum for another failed attempt at the big belt.
Mexico's Finest vs ???
I don't know who the new guy is but I think he's coming in to start with a W.
I think that the S.O.D. Train will keep on rolling for another while yet.
Unread 09-12-2017, 03:19 AM
Phenom

GSW Block Party 2016, Held in South West U.S., Attendance: 421

In one of his rare appearances, GSW's Commissioner of Violence came out after the tag team champions State of Destruction had made their entrance to inform them and the audience that he had signed the team to finally end their reign as GSW tag team champions. The dominant duo stood tall and defiant in the middle of the ring, a strong start to the show that fired up the crowd as the two sides stared down at each other and excitement built as to who the new faces would be and if they would live up to the hype.
Grade: B- 72

GSW Tag Team titles match
State of Destruction vs Hotline Miami

vs
In a decent match, Hotline Miami defeated State Of Destruction in 6:17 when Richard the Rooster defeated BB Colossus by pinfall with a handful of tights. Hotline Miami win the GSW Tag Team titles.
Introduced as Hotline Miami, the team of Richard the Rooster and Tony the Tiger may have come out to the ring wearing silly animal masks, but they turned out to be far from a comedy act when they stormed the ring with baseball bats in hand and brought the fight to State of Destruction. The match was short, violent and overbooked, as is often the case when State of Destruction are in the ring, something that also tied into the tainted finish of the newcomers winning the tag titles fresh out of the gates. This sort of booking helped keep the two behemoths strong while presenting Hotline Miami as a credible team who despite a lukewarm reception to their gimmicks were able to put up a solid performance and come out of the match not just holding the titles but also having turned the initial impression of cartoonish characters into legitimately creepy bank robber types.

Mexico's Finest vs Carlos Barerra (with Osiris)
vs
In a decent match, Mexico's Finest defeated Carlos Barrera in a 1 vs 1 Street Fight match in 9:59 by pinfall with a Hard Time.
New faces continued to pour in as the show went on, with Carlos Barerra showing up in what is arguably a more suitable setting for his style than the CZCW land of masked daredevils. Osiris was wrapped around his arm, hungry for a taste of the new guy as she played up her slut gimmick of sleeping about. The brawler was able to showcase what he can do against Mexico's Finest despite ultimately taking the pin, but GSW fans didn't really seem to warm to him. Though his Street fighter gimmick wasn't exactly executed to perfection, part of the reaction may have to do with a crowd that was too burned out from the opening chaos to stay invested in the Car Crash that the two latinos put up.
Grade: E+ 34

Busta Capp (with Kandii) vs Deaf Touch
vs
In a decent match, Busta Capp defeated Deaf Touch in 14:53 by pinfall with a Mafia Kick after Kandii interfered.
As expected, the semi-main event was a quality match between two skilled competitors with a lot of chances for either to showcase what they can do. Fans were split in support of both men, but in the end it was Capp who connected with his finisher after a minor assist of Kandii who flashed her tits to stun Deaf Touch much to the fans' delight, a spot played up for laughs by the legitimately deaf-mute wrestler before he took the Mafia Kick for the loss.
Grade: D- 39

GSW American title match
Fro Sure vs Cali Slick (with CJ Weston)
vs
In a decent match, Fro Sure defeated Cali Slick in a 1 vs 1 Street Fight match in 14:48 by pinfall with a fast roll up. Fro Sure makes defence number 1 of his GSW American title.
Much like in the match that came before it, this was an even, open bout that allowed both competitors to put in their best performance and really felt like it could have gone either way. The in-ring action was so exciting and the wrestlers' charisma drew fans so much into the fight that the presence of CJ Weston at ringside was almost forgettable, an indication of Slick overgrowing his assistant, at least as far as matches are concerned since there are still questions about his ability to cut a solid promo on his own. The greatest testament to that was when the muscular heavyweight climbed the top turnbuckle to wow everyone with a decent attempt at a frog splash, a move Fro dodged before bouncing back to quickly roll up Slick for a lucky pin. Flying is certainly not Slick's strong point but the attempt was enough to win not just fans over but also Fro, who admitted he got lucky and praised Slick for the fight he put up, shaking his hand once the match was over to wrap up the show on a positive note.
Grade: D 45

Show grade: D 47
IPW's May show grade: D 44
Unread 09-12-2017, 03:40 AM
Phenom

GSW Gatecrasher 2016 card (Subject to change)
GSW American title rematch: Fro Sure vs Busta Capp
Busta Capp has failed twice to win the title from Cali Slick, but now he's got renewed momentum and a new opponent. Can he get the job done this time or will he be another notch on the belt of the bro with the fro?
Cali Slick vs Hard-1
Now out of the immediate title picture, Slick seeks to redeem himself with a much needed victory over the veteran Hard-1, but the tough Texan hasn't built a career on a habit of losing and won't go down easy
GSW Top Crew titles match: La Raza (Mexico's Finest & Brown Pride) vs Hotline Miami & Magwitch
After a shocking debut that saw them win the GSW tag team titles and end the month-long dominant reign of State of Destruction, Hotline Miami seem to have found an ally in fellow psycopathic clown, Magwitch. Will they be able to pull off another shocker against the reigning Top Crew of La Raza?
Unread 09-12-2017, 04:58 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarEatWorld View Post
I can't see Fro dropping again so soon. Can't rule out the swerve in such a chaotic environment of course but I don't think so.
Good thinking. Fro and Slick are my two top draws: popular, skilled in the ring and on the mic. I think it'll eventually come down to who leaves for greener pastures first, right now I'm a little skeptic when it comes to strapping a rocket on either man's back.
Quote:
A win here and I think Busta has built up enough momentum for another failed attempt at the big belt.
Good call, though I also wanted to give Deaf Touch some exposure. I have high hopes for the man.
Quote:
I don't know who the new guy is but I think he's coming in to start with a W.
Welcome to the 'dub, kid.
Quote:
I think that the S.O.D. Train will keep on rolling for another while yet.
During the previous playthrough, I used to hate BB's 6 minute stamina and Boneyard being so green (also being unable to fire him due to Grimm blocking it) but now I've learned to book pop>perf companies a little better, in their case putting them in short overbooked squashes. With finances tight, I can't keep giving them squashes against jobbers while keeping more popular guys off screen, nor can I spend too much money on a lot of workers per show. I also can't pay 4 midcard or better guys for just a 6 minute match. This is a little shakeup as well as a chance to navigate a tough financial spot, so expect SoD to bounce back from this shocking loss.
Unread 09-12-2017, 08:12 AM
Hall of Fame

Cali Slick vs Hard-1
GSW Top Crew titles match: La Raza (Mexico's Finest & Brown Pride) vs Hotline Miami & Magwitch
Unread 09-17-2017, 05:28 AM
Phenom

GSW Gatecrasher 2016 card (Subject to change)
I think I called Busta's recent mini-streak being effectively to set him up to lose here? Still believe that's the case.
Cali Slick vs Hard-1
Like you said, Cali needs the shot in the arm to stay strong and Hard-1 can actually lose this and still not lose much momentum once he's competitive.
Voting more with my heart here but I've always had a soft spot for Magwitch since that Dixie Vaudeville Wrestling (that wasn't the actual name - edit: I went back and checked, it was the actual name) that did the rounds here a few months ago.

Last edited by DarEatWorld : 09-17-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Unread 09-19-2017, 05:06 AM
Phenom

GSW Gatecrasher 2016, Held in South West U.S., Attendance: 427

GSW Top Crew titles match
La Raza (Mexico's Finest & Brown Pride) with Osiris vs Magwitch & Hotline:Miami
vs
La Raza (Mexico's Finest, LatiNoFear and MexiCain) defeated Magwitch and Hotline Miami in a 9:49 when MexiCain defeated Magwitch by pinfall with an All-Or-Nothing Headbutt. Mexico's Finest and Brown Pride make defence number 2 of their GSW Top Crew titles.
The opening match was held under Sadistic Madness rules, meaning pinfalls would only count if the person pinned was first busted open. Tornado tag rules were also enforced, meaning all six men were legal at all times with no need for tags. This all set up the scenery for a chaotic and bloody opening fight, the highlight of which was probably Hotline:Miami putting LatiNoFear through a table that Magwitch set on fire first. Mexico's Finest rushed to the rescue and mauled the two masked men away from the scene of the crime, leaving Magwitch over the remains, laughing like a maniac. This gave MexiCain the opportunity to suprise the hardcore clown with an All-Or-Nothing Headbutt, before he pinned him to keep the straps on La Raza. The presence of Osiris on the corner of La Raza went widely unnoticed and given the way she's presented, she is expected to most likely show up next to someone else on next month's show.
Grade: D- 37

As soon as the match was over, instead of the wrestlers retreating to the backstage area, Devyn Retribution came flying from behind the curtain and landed hard on the ramp. BB Colossus showed up seconds after, nearly ripping the curtain down before he proceeded to maul the youngster all the way down to the ring. Despite Devyn's lackluster selling of the attack, BB's menace and the overall chaos hid that little problem and made for an exciting angle which set up the next match, with BB bullying the referee into making it all an official bout.
Grade: C- 55

BB Colossus vs Devyn Retribution
vs
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, BB Colossus defeated Devyn Retribution in 5:40 by pinfall with a Colossus Avalanche.
BB's attack continued and essentially produced an impromptu short squash match with a spectacular ending in which BB set up a table on a corner, placed Devyn Retribution against it and hit him with the Colossus Avalance to drive him through it before pinning him. Without the chaos of the other six men brawling around at ringside though, the problems in this were exposed and Devyn's inexperience was made worse by the fact that he didn't seem to click with BB's offense.
Grade: E- 23

Cali Slick vs Hard-1
vs
In a decent match, Cali Slick defeated Hard-1 in a 1 vs 1 Street Fight match in 15:30 by pinfall with a Slick-Back.
Slick picked up a hard fought victory in the semi-main event against the seasoned veteran, whose age is clearly catching up with him. Both men went all out in a car crash of a match filled with high risk spots and though they managed to somehow walk away unscathed, the blazing pace was too much for Hard-1's declining stamina. Slick on the other hand displayed some arguably improved Performance skills and took it unto himself to carry the veteran through the match, a solid bout that had the rowdy GSW audience buzzing by the time it was over.
Grade: D 41

Cali Slick then got on the mic to address what had been on everyone's mind since he made his entrance and that was the absence of CJ Weston on his corner. Slick cut a short but mean promo on Weston, saying he's dumped the extra weight of the veteran manager who's been keeping him from achieving his full potential because CJ secretly hates the idea that anyone might reach greater heights than him when he was an active wrestler. Instead of CJ Weston, this brought out Busta Capp with Kandii on his side. Busta ran down Slick for being way over his head and demanded he cleared the ring for his main event title match against Fro Sure for the GSW American title. While the promo itself wasn't anything special, it did get a good reaction from the fans, a clear sign that Capp is learning to show more charisma when on stage. Fro Sure joined the party and did a little freestyle rap to diss both men and apparently got under Slick's skin because the former champion rolled out of the ring to attack Fro. Cali Slick was intercepted and contained by security staff before he could get his hands on Fro and the two competitors got to the ring for their main event title match.
Grade: C- 53

GSW American title match
Fro Sure vs Busta Capp (with Kandii)
vs
In a decent match, Fro Sure defeated Busta Capp in 14:41 by pinfall with a Sure Thing. Fro Sure makes defence number 2 of his GSW American title.

A predictably solid main event brawl between two of GSW's most popular men as well as two guys who can really go in the ring, this one saw Busta Capp score several near falls but never getting the win. Kandii did get involved in a lot of the false finishes to assist Capp, but otherwise her presence didn't draw attention away from the in-ring action. The only thing that somewhat brought this fight down was a certain sense of predictability and repetition. Busta Capp has had his fair share of unsuccessful title shots already and it seems that the two other main contenders in Cali Slick and Mexico's Finest will be keeping themselves busy with CJ Weston and La Raza respectively. In an ironic twist though, what took away from the match kept the fans busy talking after it as the talk between them has been who will be the next person to step up and face Fro Sure for the title.
Grade: D 46

Show grade: D 46
IPW's June show grade: D 45
Unread 09-19-2017, 07:49 AM
Phenom

GSW Degeneration 2016 card (Subject to change)
GSW American title match: Fro Sure vs Mexico's Finest
The popular ex-con and one third of GSW's Top Crew titleholders La Raza steps up for his biggest match so far. Fro Sure is in for a fight if he wants to hold on to the big title.
Cali Slick vs ???
After GSW Gatecrasher, CJ Weston took to social media and responded to Cali Slick's promo against him, saying he has a new client to replace him. The revelation and subsequent match against Slick has been booked for July's Degeneration event
Brown Pride vs ???
Big Magic made an announcement via the promotion's website, saying he's booked Brown Pride in a match against a surprise duo. According to GSW's Commissioner of Violence, his secret picks will send the latino hustlers to the hospital, thus ensuring they will be unable to assist their La Raza friend by interfering in the main event.
Cheech Kong vs Busta Capp
The latest man to reportedly share a bed with Osiris, Cheech Kong has found himself in a match against Busta Capp thanks to his new manager's apparent backstage influence. Will he "rise to the occasion" once again or will Capp send him home with blue balls?
GSW West Coast title match: Omar vs Drop Kix
In somewhat of a de facto hiatus after defeating all his possible contenders, Omar is back to defend the GSW West Coast title against fellow high flyer Drop Kix. Will the youngster be the one to take the title away in true underdog fashion or will Omar punish him for interrupting his holiday?
Unread 09-19-2017, 08:16 AM
Phenom

I think my booking at this stage is extremely predictable, given the financial limitations that have me pulling off tricks like few matches, no interference etc and so both men's predictions were correct (Except Dar's Top Crew one, but he voted for Magwitch with his heart). As is apparent from the last few cards, I'm beginning to slowly stray away from that and I'm especially proud of next month's card as it seems like the storylines are beginning to develop.

I'm a little bit torn as to how I should deal with a bloated roster of 23 people, with 16 being the minimum at this point. This results in a crowded main event scene that forces me to book more people than I'd like per show, thus spending more on worker wages. There's a few people I'm uninterested in and would like to release, plus I have a few people who've had run-ins with the law and an owner goal that forbids renewing their contracts. So far I've kept them around to eat pins as I wait for their contracts to expire, but they still need to show up occasionally and a losing streak makes them unhappy. I'm still debating whether I should purge the roster immediately or just wait for their contracts to expire. There's also the option of gradual public firings
Let me know your thoughts.

Quote:
I think I called Busta's recent mini-streak being effectively to set him up to lose here? Still believe that's the case.
Good call. Still, I have a higher opinion of Capp compared to my previous playthrough and his chemistry with Kandii is a plus so I think he'll be staying in the main event scene for a while until someone better comes up to replace him.
Quote:
Like you said, Cali needs the shot in the arm to stay strong and Hard-1 can actually lose this and still not lose much momentum once he's competitive.
This was pretty predictable, especially if you take Hard-1's physical decline into account. I'm a bit excited with the storyline of him and CJ Weston splitting up. With a new client plus Aces High caught in the crossfire, this should have plenty of mileage in it.
Quote:
Voting more with my heart here but I've always had a soft spot for Magwitch since that Dixie Vaudeville Wrestling (that wasn't the actual name - edit: I went back and checked, it was the actual name) that did the rounds here a few months ago.
I love the concept of a psychotic clown, especially one in the hardcore setting of GSW but Magwitch is tough client backstage. So far he's done okay for himself (I mean, Aces freakin High is still around!) and seeing the portraits for this bout made me realize he matches Hotline:Miami visually. Might end up in some kind of Psycho Circus stable down the road, but for now Magwitch needs to prove himself before I consider properly utilizing him