Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-12-2018, 09:34 AM
Phenom

GSW Urban Warfare 2017 card (Subject to change)
GSW West Coast title match: Remmy Skye vs Cali Slick
The veteran's return: Hard-1 vs Panther Ali
Raheem Stash vs Devyn Retribution
Plus the debut of a new roster member!
Unread 01-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Low Minors

I'm excited to see who the new roster member is. I really enjoyed your previous GSW diary, and I like this one as well. I hope the diary keeps going, and if you have to use the editor to make the promotion more financially stable, so be it. I would like to think that Brother Grimm would have more than enough money to keep the promotion afloat. Either way, this has been a great read!
Unread 01-13-2018, 11:50 PM
Super Star

I think Remmy hangs onto the belt here.

Hard-1 has a gatekeeper feel about him.

Squash match here.

This dynasty is excellent, wish I had gotten around to reading it earlier.
Unread 01-14-2018, 05:14 AM
Super Star

Unread 01-16-2018, 06:14 AM
Phenom

GSW Urban Warfare 2017, Held in October 2017 at the Simmons Center in South West U.S., Attendance: 300 (sold out)

As promised last month, the show opened with none other than Brother Grimm himself performing his new single. Taking an already hard hitting gangsta rap tune with plenty of GSW references to another level, Grimm tweaked some of the rhymes from the commercial version to add some more references in, a special one-off take of the song for fans in attendance.
Grade: C- 56

vs
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Raheem Stash defeated Devyn Retribution in 6:15 by pinfall with a Standing Powerslam.

A squash match through and through, this one was meant to showcase the "new and improved" Raheem Stash. No longer requiring chaos in his matches to hide his shortcomings, the imposing jamaican wrestled in pretty standard monster fashion as he wiped the mat with Devyn Retribution's body, culminating to the finish of him driving Devyn through a table with the Standing Powerslam.
Grade: E+ 30

Not satisfied with the damage he'd already inflicted, Stash continued the beatdown to take his performance from dominating to borderline disturbing. By the time he was through, Devyn Retribution was wearing the crimson mask and his nose seemed to be broken, though Devyn bravely walked on his own to the back as few of the fans cheered him on.
Grade: C- 56

Leading his latest client and new GSW American champion Primus Allen to the ring, CJ Weston proceeded to cut a -sub par for his standards- promo in which he basically hyped his client and issued an open challenge to anyone. Fresh off his tournament win and with plenty of momentum behind him, the new King of California Busta Capp came out with Kandii on his side to answer the challenge. Before Weston could say anything, Primus Allen grabbed the mic from his hands and accepted to thunderous applause. Allen came across well and even Busta seemed to be oozing a bit more charisma than usual, so their upcoming title fight was scheduled and properly hyped thanks to this segment.
Grade: D+ 50

Once the ring emptied, fan favorite Fro Sure came out to cut a promo and address his title loss to Primus Allen at King of California after a short but brutally one-sided match. As usual, Fro improvised nicely on the mic and regained some of his heat when he acknowledged his defeat but promised to bounce back "sooner than ya'd think".
Grade: C+ 69

It's not every day someone stands next to GSW's Commissioner of Violence and makes him look small. So far the honor belonged only to BB Colossus, who does however owe much of his size to being overweight. This month Big Magic proudly introduced fans to GSW's latest signing, the massive 430lb super heavyweight known as Killer Shark. A graduate of TCW's school of pro wrestling and one time tag champion with Titan during his 5 year stay with the company, the menacing behemoth was already known to many of the fans in attendance who took him in as the promotion's new top monster.
Grade: B 77

Killer Shark vs Cheech Kong (with Osiris)
vs w
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Killer Shark defeated Cheech Kong in a Street Fight match in 9:48 by pinfall with a Big Bite.

Another quick squash match to get Killer Shark off the right foot, this one ended in less than ten minutes but Cheech Kong didn't quite do as well as Devyn earlier in the same role. Not only is he more of a flier than a brawler, he was really off his game and nearly messed up his stunt chair spot too, but fortunately walked away unscathed.
Grade: D- 38

vs
In a decent match, Panther Ali defeated Hard-1 in a Street Fight match in 9:51 by pinfall with a Death Valley Driver.

Hard-1's return didn't go the way he'd like it and Panther Ali crushed him in a short but extremely violent match. Unable to keep up with Ali's frantic pace, Hard-1 tried to slow things down to a tempo that didn't push his ageing body that much but wasn't able to prevent his opponent from steamrolling through him.
Grade: D- 40

Standing on top of the body of his fallen opponent after a more or less shock victory, Panther Ali grabbed the mic and cut a rather disrespectful promo about kicking the old guard out, adding insult to injury.
Grade: D- 39

GSW West Coast title match: Remmy Skye (with Nurse Hope Daye) vs Cali Slick (with Kandi Fornia)
w vs w
In a good match, Remmy Skye defeated Cali Slick in 14:49 by pinfall with a Skye Diver. Remmy Skye makes defence number 3 of his GSW West Coast title.

If the winner of the King of California tournament got a title shot for the GSW American title, it sort of made sense for the other finalist to get one for the West Coast title. That's as much of a story there was to this bout, but since both men can go in the ring and are quite popular with the fans, there's not a lot more it needed anyway and it all came down to execution. The notoriously inconsistent Remmy Skye was on top of his game and both men turned everything to eleven for this Car Crash of a match, all the way to the big finale where Cali Slick was shoved off the top rope, came crashing down through a table and the champion hit the Skye Diver on top of it all for good measure. Slick may have lost but he certainly came out of the match with his stock elevated thanks to not only having improved his Performance skills but also apparently having great chemistry with Kandi Fornia on his corner.
Grade: C 60

Show Grade: C- 54
IPW's October show grade: D+ 51
Unread 01-17-2018, 12:38 PM
Phenom

GSW Gangsta's Paradise 2017, Held in November 2017 at the Simmons Center in South West U.S., Attendance: 300 (sold out)

Show opened with a bang as GSW's Commissioner of Violence called out State of Destruction to announce the retirement of the GSW Top Crew titles. The big men were, understandably, not happy at all about this decision, but ultimately decided not to see what happens if they beat up Big Magic, instead retreating with promises and threats.
Grade: C 65

Raheem Stash vs Quentin Queen
vs
In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Raheem Stash defeated Quentin Queen in 9:56 by pinfall with a Standing Powerslam.

If nothing else, GSW loves controversy. Capitalizing on the alien androgenous look and name of Quentin Queen, they introduced him as a gender-bending character with hopes of getting a reaction from the rowdy fans. While they didn't exactly crap on him, the whole thing didn't play out that well and Queen's gimmick needs some polish. Just as fans would like to see, Raheem Stash demolished the newcomer while showing some upgraded Performance skills, but sadly the two men don't seem to click at all and it dragged the bout down to new depths.
Grade: E- 19

Revisiting his performance from last month, Brother Grimm teamed up with Fro Sure for a freestyle remix tape on Grimm's latest single. Between fast rhymes, catchy flows and the occasional pun, the two men did a great job of working the audience off the hook.
Grade: C+ 66

Continuing his "down with the old guard" promo from last month, Pather Ali tried but ultimately underperformed on the mic, which lead to a rushed interruption from Busta Capp. After some back and forth trash talking, Capp actually agreed to put his title shot against Primus Allen on the line in a match against Ali, right there and then.
Grade: C- 53

Panther Ali vs Busta Capp (with Kandii)
vs w
In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Panther Ali defeated Busta Capp in a Street Fight match in 14:54 by pinfall with a Death Valley Driver.

The unthinkable happened and Panther Ali picked up the win, but he had to work extra hard for it in this Car Crash of a match, including a spot where he took a Mafia Kick onto a chair stuck on the turnbuckle but smartly rolled to the outside and avoided the pin. Both men laid it all out on the ring but Ali was marginally the better competitor, including some upgraded Performance skills on display and rightfully picked up the win, though it wasn't exactly clear if this meant he'd be fighting Allen for the title instead or if Busta simply lost his shot.
Grade: D+ 48

Flanked by Nurse Hope Daye and emphasizing the sexual undertones of their partnership, Remmy Skye had a segment to hype up himself and the GSW West Coast title, saying that last month's main event proved it is every bit as important as its American counterpart.
Grade: D+ 52

After an impressive debut the month prior, Killer Shark was set to face some serious competition in the main event against Cali Slick. The two men made their entrances and were given some extra time for a pre-match staredown as tension built with neither seeming to back down.
Grade: B- 75

Killer Shark vs Cali Slick (with Kandi Fornia)
vs w
In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Killer Shark defeated Cali Slick in a Street Fight match in 10:26 by pinfall with a Big Bite.
A Wild Brawl right after the previous Car Crash match wasn't the best idea, even if the two had plenty of time and segments between them. Regardless, Shark and Slick went all out as they sought to destroy each other, with the rookie visibly tiring after a while but still picking up a win thanks to his freakish strength. All it took was one little error from Cali Slick and Killer Shark went for the kill with a Big Bite.
Grade: D+ 51

Coming out on top of the ramp with the GSW American title resting on his beefy shoulder, the champion Primus Allen clapped in approval, before he was handed a mic. After praising both men for their fighting spirit, he said this was -to his eyes- practically a #1 contender since Busta Capp blew his chance earlier. In effect scheduling a one on one match between himself and Killer Shark, Allen wrapped up the show with a bang as fans applauded at the prospect of such a fight.
Grade: C 63

Show Grade: D 47
IPW's November show grade: D+ 48
Unread 01-17-2018, 12:43 PM
Phenom

Much as I hate to admit it, long breaks between playing as GSW, whether because of the "once per week" update schedule, constant tweaking of the roster or because life happened, led to chaotic booking. I see it now, there's not much direction, just adapting from show to show and booking on the fly. I plan to change this with the start of the new in-game year, hope it works out nicely.

GSW Game of Death 2017 card (Subject to change)
GSW American title match: Primus Allen vs Killer Shark
GSW West Coast title match: Remmy Skye vs Fro Sure
Plus the debut of two new roster members!
Unread 01-22-2018, 06:50 AM
Phenom

Nope, this clearly isn't working. I am sad to announce the end of this Dynasty. It didn't go quite as I'd like it to, but I had a good time writing it and fixing some errors I made during my first GSW run. Thanks for reading, you can find me elsewhere on these forums doing a LondonVerse dynasty, which'll be my focus for the time being.
Unread 01-22-2018, 12:02 PM
Super Star

Just want to let you know that even if this didn't work how you wanted it I enjoyed the ride. GSW isn't a promotion I'd ever really play myself, so reading through it was a fun experience.

Obviously I'll still be following your other diary, which I recommend to anyone who's read this but hasn't checked that out.