Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Minor League

Card for predictions

The American Cobras vs. Notorious

Dave Wallace vs. El Jaguar

CZCW Coastal Championship:
Donnie Johnson (c) vs. Champagne Lover
Unread 12-29-2017, 01:06 PM
Major League

CZCW Tonight!

Friday 19th January 2016

San Francisco, California

Attendance: 3100

The American Cobras (Jimmy Marvel/Storm Spillane) v. Notorious (Miguel Rivera/Carlos Berrera)

The Cobras start out fast and hit hard, possibly looking to take Rivera and Berrera out early before Going Coastal get themselves involved. It's not the greatest of show openers, but you can't fault the effort they put in. Marvel looks particularly good today, both in the timing he and Spillane have and the crispness of his work. It's brawl-focused, but at a good pace, which keeps things interesting throughout. Spillane looks to be keeping one eye on the entranceway, as though waiting for Lance Trueman to make an appearance, and spends quite a bit of time on the apron, but is able to capitalise with a blind tag to his partner whilst Carlos Barrera is focusing on the incoming lariat from Marvel, leaving him open for an elbow drop to the ribs and a quick tap as Spillane hooks in his kneeling Boston Crab.

Winners: The American Cobras (D+)

Obviously a bit more complacent now the match is over, The Cobras are surprised when Lance Trueman comes out onto the stage as they walk back towards the curtain. He sneers at Spillane in particular and makes a snide comment to the effect of how easy it becomes to get a victory when your partner does all the heavy lifting for you, before disdainfully dropping the mic and leaving. (E)

We go backstage and find Champagne Lover, who has a message for us.

“Ah good evening! I am most sorry to say that poor Frankie Perez, he is unable to make it to the show tonight, and so will not be able to be facing Donnie Johnson for the Coastal Zone Championship.

“But you need not fear – after all, Champagne Lover is here as a ready replacement. It was, after all, supposed to be my title shot in any case, but nevertheless, all things appear to have come right, no? I am able to grace you with my perfection, astound you with my feats in the ring, and at the end of the night, it will be only fitting that I am the new Coastal Zone Champion.

“This is, after all, what I have come to your America for – to be a Champion. If I must start the process in such a small company, why that is only because greater companies have not seen how my talent will raise their own titles to an even higher level. After all, the greatest wrestler in the world has to be able to adapt to all stages, just as he has to do on the screen.

“So, the first step, it is to place myself as Coastal Zone Champion, and poor, poor Frankie Perez – perhaps for you there will be another time. Perhaps you can test yourself against the great Champagne Lover when you can make it to the show. Adiós Amigos.” (C+)

Dave Wallace v. El Jaguar

Wallace continues to make his opponents look like compete stars here, as Jaguar gets to show off all his best moves, which Wallace sells like a complete champ. The holds he's put into genuinely look they are causing him pain, and the blows that strike him seem to land with exactly the force and intensity they need. Not that Jaguar himself has no input into this – he's doing a good job of making himself look good too, with a couple of crisp top rope manoeuvres that pop the crowd. What ends this though isn't the excellence of either wrestler, but the appearance off Jake Idol at ringside, which catches Jaguar off guard. Clearly expecting some immediate interference like his tag partner last week, he takes his eye off Wallace just long enough to be hit by a flying Missile Drop kick, and rolled up for quick three count.

Winner: Dave Wallace (D)

We cut backstage to where Coastal Zone champion Donnie Johnson is staring at the camera.

“About time,” he quips.

“I don't know what crap Champagne Lover is pulling to get himself tonight's title match and I don't really care. Because it doesn't matter whether I face Frankie Perez or the so-called “greatest wrestler in the world”. What matters is me.

“I'm the Coastal Zone Champion for a reason – 'cos I'm the best damn thing in this company, whether you like it or not. I've beaten far tougher opponents than anyone here they can put me up against, and I'll go on doing that here, because I'm the one who does what Lover talks about doing – being a Champion here, and being a Champion in the best companies in America.

“Frankie Perez can kiss my ass for another title shot if he can't be bothered to show up tonight, but in the end it don't matter who I face – it's about me, not them.” (C)

Coastal Zone Championship

Donnie Johnson (c) v. Champagne Lover

Lover might sell himself as the best wrestler in the world, but it's matches like this that give him the opportunity to do so. A willing opponent and styles that mesh nicely leads this to being a really memorable main event.

Johnson starts off sharp and crisp, taking the attack to his challenger with a ferocity that backed up his words prior to the match. He takes Lover down with apparent ease and finds all sorts of ways to make it look as though he'll easily retain his crown. An early example if this is a sweet transition from rolling through an aborted top rope move to roll to his feet and then back flip straight into a nasty elbow just as Lover was turning to face him.

The longer the fight goes on though, the more Lover comes into it. A series of moves that target Johnson's midsection leave the champion gasping for breath, and he struggles to get his wind back for the remainder of the bout. It's no surprise that Lover keeps working him around the ring to emphasise his own conditioning.

And it's Johnson's stamina that eventually costs him the title. Lover keeps him moving at all costs, and just as he's gasping for breath, manages to hit yet another big move. One Lover Stunner isn't quite enough to get the job done, but the challenger isn't averse to hitting a second one to make sure that when he does go for the pin it's a decisive one, and there's very little doubt that Pee-wee Germaine is going to reach the count of three.

Winner: Champagne Lover (C+)

Johnson gets slowly back to his feet and gives Lover the stink-eye as he rolls out of the ring and heads back to the lockers.

Overall Show Grade: D+

Author's Notes: Thanks to everyone who predicted. Lt. Lucrativo and BHK1978 both scored 3/3, whilst Martel123 managed 2/3 and Reyelek 1/3.

The weekly shows are likely to stay fairly predictable, as they set up the monthly shows, but you might get the odd surprise here and there!
Unread 12-30-2017, 01:23 PM
Major League

Quote:

CZCW Tonight! - Preview

Friday 26th January 2016

Final preparations are under way for CZCW Vendetta next Monday, and no doubt we'll expect to see wrestlers making their last bids for a slot on the show tonight. We're also looking forward to hear the thoughts of new Coastal Zone Champion Champagne Lover in the wake of last week's title victory against Donnie Johnson

The Coastal Zone Xtreme Championship will be on the line tonight, as Waylon Walls defends against both Jonnie Perez and El Jaguar in a three corners match. Walls has been absent from our shows in recent weeks, so will no doubt be looking to impress with a convincing defense tonight in order to convince CZCW management that he deserves a spot at the big show.

Flash Sparrow will be in action as well, as they take on the lesser known team of Chet Chavez and Simon Waves. It's understood that CZCW veteran Fox Mask has taken a number of the younger members of the Coastal Zone roster under his wing of late, including Simon Waves, so it will be interesting to see whether Simon has been able to pick up any of the master's tricks, in what will be a tough outing against an established combo.

Headlining tonight will be Jackpot Jordan, in a relatively rare singles appearance. He's taking on fellow regular tag division competitor Tigre, and it is clear that there has been little love lost between Rich and Famous and the Wild Cats of late, so you can expect this one to get a little heated. Join us for this and more!

Card for Predictions:

Flash Sparrow vs. Chet Chavez & Simon Waves

Coastal Zone Xtreme Championship:
Waylon Walls (c) vs. El Jaguar vs. Jonnie Perez

Jackpot Jordan vs. Tigre
Unread 12-30-2017, 01:39 PM
Minor League

Card for Predictions:

Jackpot Jordan vs. Tigre
Unread 12-31-2017, 01:18 AM
Living Legend

This is mainly because Waylon usually pushes as an opener/lower midcard in my games and Jonnie is usually pushed as a midcard guy at the very least.

Jackpot Jordan vs. Tigre
Unread 12-31-2017, 08:50 AM
Low Minors

Chavez and Waves need to pay their dues

Not sure on this one, but Perez seems as good a choice as any

Jackpot Jordan vs. Tigre
Could see Tigre with a flash pinfall to stay competitive with Rich and Famous,
but I suspect Jordan is higher on the card
Unread 12-31-2017, 01:53 PM
Major League

CZCW Tonight!

Friday 26th January 2016

Anaheim, California

Attendance: 3,300

Flash Sparrow (Matt Sparrow/American Flash) v. Chet Chavez and Simon Waves

Tag action to kick us off, and something of a foregone conclusion as well, as there's nobody in the building who really thinks that Chavez and Waves are going to prevail here. Nevertheless, it ends up being rather a good workout for Flash Sparrow who don't appear to be fully at the races. Matt Sparrow has to cover up mistakes by his partner on two or three occasions and that gives the younger team something of a look-in. Still, the responsibility seems to be driving Sparrow on, and it's only fitting when it's he who drops Chavez for the three with a Sparrow Hawk.

Winners: Flash Sparrow (D-)

Cutting quickly to the backstage area post-match, we find that Going Coastal are going postal on The American Cobras. Fernandes Franklin has Jimmy Marvel by the throat and is launching his other fist into Marvel's stomach, whilst Lance Trueman is standing over the prone form of Storm Spillane and laying the boots into him. It's not a pretty sight, and is only halted when a bunch of other wrestlers come charging around the corner to break things up. (E+)

Coastal Zone Xtreme Championship

Waylon Walls (c ) v. El Jaguar v. Jonnie Perez

A surprisingly decent effort from these three to build the crowd up, with a wild brawl constituting the greater part of the fourteen minutes the match lasts. It starts off tamely enough, in the ring, but soon spills out into the aisles, and Walls, in particular, seems to have a penchant for hitting his opponents with steel chairs. Jaguar is perhaps the flashiest of these three, but manages to wipe himself out twice in the course of five minutes – once from the top rope onto the barricade after Perez managed to evade a flying cross-body, and then, at the climax he looks to have a free shot to hit a shooting star press onto a prone Walls, but is intercepted by a chair from Perez. Walls is just about back to his feet by the time Perez is ready for him, but this is ideal positioning for Perez to hit the Triple Jump DDT onto the same chair on the mat, and there was no getting up from that, and Perez becomes the new Xtreme Champion.

Winner: Jonnie Perez (D)

Backstage again, and the camera once again finds the leather-clad Champagne Lover, now Coastal Zone Champion.

“As I promised you all last week, the title is mine. The first step on that road to American glory, achieved. The first of many top calibre matches for titles in the book. The legacy, already cemented in my homeland, built upon here in the City of Angels.

“If poor Frankie Perez actually manages to make it to Vendetta on Monday, then I face him in the first defence of my Coastal Zone Championship. But it does not matter if he turns up, or if he does not. The outcome will be the same. I will walk out of Vendetta as the Champion, just as I walked in.

“The greatest wrestler in the world does not shirk from challengers. But he knows that it does not matter who you put in front of him – he remains the best there is, whomever he fights. And you can be sure that, come Monday, Frankie Perez, the fight will come to you, just as it came to Donnie Johnson, and just as it will come to every opponent who tries to wrest the glory from Champagne Lover.” (C+)

Jackpot Jordan v. Tigre

A good contest, but one that perhaps the crowd didn't really buy into as a main event despite the build that has been put into the two tag teams these men are part of. In classic big man-small man style, Tigre plays the elusive striker, darting around and looking for openings for a kick here, a jumping forearm there, and so on, whilst Jordan does his best to grab Tigre and keep him grounded. Jordan has some success at that, too, as there's only a certain amount of space in the ring, but it tends to end with Tigre using his flexibility and speed to escape.

Ultimately, Jordan gets tired and a little too frustrated and over chases his opponent, leaving himself open to a springboard moonsault that is followed up with a bridging Savage Suplex which barely keeps his shoulders to the mat long enough for Pee-wee Germaine's hand to hit the canvas three times.

Winner: Tigre (D)

Tigre is up and rolling out of the ring quickly before Jordan can retaliate, and the show closes with a smiling tiger and a furious Jackpot Jordan staring one another down, with the crowd wondering where Jake Idol might have got to in all of this.

Overall Show Grade: D-

Author's Notes

Martel123 with the perfect three from three for this show, as the only one to correctly pick Tigre to triumph in the main event. Two from three for BHK 1978 and Lt. Lucrativo (who did say that Tigre might pick up the flash pinfall). All correctly foresaw Johnnie Perez's Xtreme Title win.

CZCW Vendetta is next!
Unread 12-31-2017, 06:20 PM
Phenom

Nice set of shows you have going here. Tough luck about USWA taking a couple of your top guys so I will be curious who you grab to take their slots. Looking forward to the month end show and will try and get predictions in
Unread 01-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theheel View Post
Nice set of shows you have going here. Tough luck about USWA taking a couple of your top guys so I will be curious who you grab to take their slots. Looking forward to the month end show and will try and get predictions in
Thanks very much - preview coming up in the next hour.

The thing with CZCW in 2016 is that there are quite a lot of guys who can easily outperform the current position of the organisation if the infrastructure issues are dealt with... which means you don't have to go all out and sign lots of wrestlers - just the odd one or two.
Unread 01-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Major League

Quote:

CZCW Vendetta Preview
Monday 1st February 2016

It's that time again, when the CZCW wrestlers serve up their monthly feast of high flying, fast-paced action. Welcome to February's kick-off show, CZCW Vendetta!

The last month has been highlighted by the loss of the Coastal Zone Championship by Donnie Johnson to Champagne Lover, whose confidence in his abilities seems to be utterly unshakeable, declaring that it was inevitable that he would become champion sooner or later. Meanwhile Johnson has not been seen since. Challenging Lover will be CZCW stalwart Frankie Perez, who unbelievably still chases his first Championship. Perez is another who has not been seen of late, and Lover's recent comments have poured doubt upon Perez's dedication. We're told that there is no doubt that he will be present and correct for his challenge tonight though.

Getting together to determine who the next challenger to the title will be are four more determined and skilled athletes, all looking to make their first major mark in the company. Taking a break from his recent disagreements with Storm Spillane, Lance Trueman will be facing off against Spillane's fellow American Cobra Jimmy Marvel, the 23-year veteran Super Ninja, and “The Bird Man” Matt Sparrow to see who will get the next shot in a four-way match. With it being one fall to a finish, this one is bound to be hectic, and nobody will want to risk an opponent getting a pin.

Al Coleman's recent arguments with former manager Willow seem to have taken a turn for the worse of late, and Willow has promised to début her new client this evening. This mystery man will go one-on-one with Coleman in his first CZCW match, perhaps looking to prove a point. Coleman is convinced that Willow is merely trying to win him back, and that there will be no challenge, but we're hearing from CZCW Management that a wrestling contract has indeed been lodged for a new face, with a management agreement with Willow, so it looks like Coleman will be out of luck.

The Coastal Zone Tag Championship will also be on the line, as champions Wild Cats will defend against the team they have been having problems with of late: Rich and Famous. Jake Idol and Jackpot Jordan started off by underestimating the two masked luchadores, but you get the impression that they've had to revise that attitude, and will know they have to work hard to take the titles.

Also in action will be Fox Mask and Dave Wallace, and a bout between Storm Spillane and the tag partner of his own recent opponent Lance Trueman in Going Coastal: Fernandes Franklin.

Don't miss it!

Card for predictions:

Coastal Zone Championship:
Champagne Lover (c) vs. Frankie Perez

#1 Contendership 4-way:
Lance Trueman vs. Jimmy Marvel vs. Super Ninja vs. Matt Sparrow

Al Coleman vs. ??? (w/ Willow)

Fox Mask vs. Dave Wallace

Coastal Zone Tag Championship
Wild Cats (c) vs. Rich and Famous

Storm Spillane vs. Fernandes Franklin

Bonus point for guessing the wrestler (???) that Willow will debut as her new client.
Unread 01-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Major League

CZCW Vendetta

Monday 1st February 2016

Carson, California

Attendance: 3400

Storm Spillane v. Fernandes Franklin

Spillane looks as though he is suffering from an injury in his chest as the match progresses, which appears to limit some of his offense. This gives Franklin more of an opportunity to take it to Spillane than he might otherwise have expected, especially since Spillane also seems to have one eye on the approaches in case of an appearance by Franklin's tag partner Lance Trueman. Trueman doesn't appear though, and although that still leaves Spillane with his work cut out for the victory, he does eventually pull it out – a lengthy sequence that moves from working Franklin's arm into Spillane's favoured Boston Crab ends with Franklin having to tap once it is fully locked in and Spillane gets the full torque applied in the kneeling position.

Winner: Storm Spillane (D)

With Spillane focused and relieved at the victory, this is the time that Trueman picks to strike, sliding into the ring and attacking Spillane from behind with a low-blow and then encouraging his tag partner to join in the beat-down. If Spillane wasn't injured before this, he probably is now! (E+)

Coastal Zone Tag Championship

Wild Cats (El Jaguar/Tigre) (c ) v. Rich and Famous (Jackpot Jordan/Jake Idol)

The crowd aren't really into this match, for some reason, and it isn't clear why, since it's a decent contest. However, we'll never know what might have been in this case, as it certainly didn't reach a natural conclusion. Idol and Jackpot controlled the early going, with Idol in particular using his size and strength to control the smaller men on the ground where they posed the least threat. But at about nine minutes in, Idol rolls from the ring for no apparent reason, and leaves Jordan to it. The medical staff are down to see what the problem is fairly sharp-ish.

Jordan certainly does his best without a partner though. Three times he has Tigre pinned and gets a long two count from Pee-wee Germaine, leading to an extended argument about the speed of the count the referee applied. It comes to a head once again a few minutes later. Jordan has landed a huge side-slam on Jaguar and followed it up with a leg-drop, and again only gets two from it. This is the last straw for him, and he loses it completely, yelling at Germaine and pushing him about the ring. Eventually, Germaine has had enough and calls for the DQ, enraging Jordan even further, whilst the referee and the tag champs vacate the area before they get involved as collateral damage, as Jordan spends a good five minutes kicking and smashing things around at ringside.

Winners: Wild Cats (by DQ) (D+)

Fox Mask v. Dave Wallace

Two men whose gimmicks aren't really very well received by the crowd, but they are able to rise above that to put on a decent match, even if it is one that has little personal heat involved with it. Fox Mask displays his wide array of aerial moves, such as a flying cross-body, a selection of planchas and a corkscrew moonsault, and Wallace sells them as well as he ever does. Wallace doesn't lack for his own attacks, both ground-based and aerial, as well as the odd bit of brawling, but he never gives the impression he expects to finish things, and when the end does come it is the Fox Hunter that keeps Wallace down for the full count.

Winner: Fox Mask (D+)

Al Coleman is next out to the ring, and he calls out his former manager, Willow, demanding to know who her new client is that she has booked him against this evening.

Willow initially comes out on her own, telling Coleman that until him, her client appreciates what a good manager can do for a wrestler's career. After all, he has a “supreme” calibre, and has been a champion in other organisations and she expects him to be a champion here as well under her guidance.

New music hits, and out from behind the curtain comes...

Greg Black! (D)

Al Coleman v. Greg Black w/ Willow

Coleman is a little taken aback by the identity of his opponent, and Black gives him very little time to recover, launching into a Spear as soon as the bell sounds to start the match. Coleman kicks out at two but he is visibly shaken already. This sets the tone for much of the bout – Black methodically and ruthlessly dissects Coleman, with only a few hope spots. The two men don't seem to gel very well in the ring, and it makes for something of a messy affair; Coleman's recovery and sole period of dominance looks a little forced, despite their efforts.

Eventually the onslaught tires Coleman out. He goes for one last big move – looking like he is going for a top rope splash on a temporarily downed Black, but he is distracted by Willow hopping up onto the apron. There's no contact, and the referee decides not to intervene, but the delay gives Black time to pop up to the top rope as well and hit a big Superplex that drives the wind out of Coleman and he's able to get the three count as a result.

Winner: Greg Black (D+)

#1 Contendership 4-way bout

Lance Trueman v. Jimmy Marvel v. Super Ninja v. Matt Sparrow

Four very equally matched combatants, all eager to get a title chance that they perhaps would not have expected given others towards the top of the card. Two long-standing veterans in Ninja and Sparrow and two great prospects in Trueman and Marvel.

As with many of these types of matches, the action is fast and furious and often multiple things are going on at once. Marvel and Trueman do tend to spend much of the time facing one another, perhaps unsurprisingly given Trueman's recent obsession with Marvel's tag partner, and after one lengthy assault Marvel is left down and out at the side of the ring for a time. Matt Sparrow, in particular, seems to be revelling in the opportunity, and you can almost sense him pulling an extra level of performance out from somewhere that he had never previously displayed. And yet Sparrow is still probably the weakest performer out of the four, even if only slightly.

The finale sees a recovering Jimmy Marvel and Sparrow brawling in one of the corners, with Trueman and Ninja in the opposite one. Marvel hits a variation on a running bulldog and goes to cover, but is pulled off by Trueman, who desperately breaks away from Ninja to make the effort. The two trade blows, but are caught off guard by Ninja sending both of them over the top rope with a double clothesline. Ninja is then free to hit his Ninja Strike on Sparrow, and whilst Marvel and Trueman fight to get back into the ring the pinfall gets counted in full.

Winner: Super Ninja (D+)

We're backstage and once again the camera has caught up with Coastal Zone Champion Champagne Lover.

“Ahhh. Apparently my challenger has deigned to show his face. That is good. It means that the greatest wrestler in the world will get to show off his abilities against a … somewhat … worthy opponent, though I use the term with a little hesitation, you understand?

“Because of course it will not matter whether my opponent is Frankie Perez, or Jonnie Perez, or even Sergio Perez or Pat Perez. The outcome is the same – Champagne Lover comes away with the victory, after showing all the fans once more why it is he that they have come to see. And they leave with only the wish to return and see him vanquish yet another, worthy or unworthy, it matters not.

“To the greatest wrestler in the world, it is just another step on the road to glory and triumph in America, just as he has achieved triumph and glory in Mexico, carrying all before him, on the screen and in the ring. How you all must wish to be as talented as Champagne Lover. But alas, you cannot be. There is, after all, only one me.” (C)

Coastal Zone Championship

Champagne Lover (c) v. Frankie Perez

Perez looks fired up by Lover's self-promotion, and takes it to the champion pretty hard in the opening minutes, forcing Lover backwards and out of the ring, where the bout continues as something of a brawl for several minutes.

There are times when Perez's intensity makes Lover look a little inadequate, but the champ fights back gamely, and slowly works his way into control of things. Sensing that his advantage would probably be to keep things in the ring, Lover makes a break under the ropes once he is given the opportunity, and takes the age old benefit of being able to stomp his opponent as he tries to re-enter the ring second.

There's a decent reaction to this encounter from the fans, who finally seem to be getting into the show, even if it has taken until the main event for them to find their voices and get behind the wrestlers.

For all Lover's boasts about being the greatest wrestler in the world, Perez comes close to matching him, but without ever having those final little edges of flair and panache that make Lover so eye-catching. Perez works hard to keep Lover grounded, and displays an astonishing array of kicks that make you wince just to watch, but Lover's all-around game just has that little bit more authority about it the rest of the time.

It is a close enough affair though that the champion has to resort to cheating to pick up the victory. Pee-wee Germaine doesn't catch Lover slipping a pair of brass knuckles on, and when the strike lands – a wicked uppercut to the jaw – Lover covers it up nicely with a sweet transition into the Lover stunner, and Perez isn't going to beat a ten-count, let alone the three.

Winner: Champagne Lover (C)

Lover is quick to celebrate with the crowd whilst the medics attend to Perez, and Germaine looks perplexed as to why the challenger was still on the canvas for so long.

Overall Show Grade: C

Author's Notes

Thanks very much to BHK1978 for nominating me for Diary of the Month!
Unread 01-03-2018, 04:24 PM
Phenom

I thought that I put in a prediction but I must have stopped to go look at the Cverse to see if I could figure out who ??? Might be.

Good show I’ll be in on the next round
Unread 01-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Low Minors

Nice show; sorry I missed predicting it. Glad to see Ninja winning. He should be able to put on a strong match with Lover. Surprising that Greg Black was still available--guess USPW must have been satisfied enough with Cougar and Donnie to leave him alone for now. He should be a great addition to CZCW.
Unread 01-04-2018, 12:54 AM
Living Legend

Sorry I missing out on the predictions as well. I cannot fathom why I missed them.
Unread 01-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Major League

Tuesday 2nd February 2016

It has been altogether a more trying first month than I would have wanted.

I have looked at some of the promotions around the world in the past and wondered what made the owners and bookers select some of their champions. Why they would award the titles to workers who were less than the best in their company, or more frequently, to themselves or to their relatives or closest friends, but the last few weeks have made it much clearer, since it is a position I have found myself in already, in just such a short space of time.

The reason is, of course, trust.

When Richard Eisen lets his son have a run with the SWF World Title, yes perhaps a part of it is vanity, or self-delusion that Eric is the best person to carry that title. But another part of it is that he can trust his family to be loyal to SWF and to his own vision for the company. In TCW, Tommy Cornell spent much of his ownership years as the TCW champion. Again, there is cause to say that yes he was the best wrestler on the roster, he deserved being the champion. Again, maybe part of it was vanity. But much of it was that he knew the quality of matches he could have – with almost anyone – and that it was a risk to let someone else be the standard bearer for the company he owned.

And so we come to CZCW. In truth, perhaps I should have expected to come across this problem. With Donnie Johnson leaving us for the big bucks of USPW, we were always going to be left with a hole that needed to be filled. The initial plan was for Frankie Perez to take the title from him, in a re-match from Revolution, and which we thought would be a good match and a suitable way of transitioning the title. But like several of our workers, Frankie has other commitments. In particular, he has a standing commitment to WLW in Japan, which has just made life very difficult for us, because WLW do their tapings for their weekly show LuchaResu on a Friday, the same day that we run our weekly show.

There is a potential solution to this – ask Frankie to sign an Exclusive deal with us. But it has risks. He might not be happy to do so. Alternatively, WLW might up their offer to him and look for an Exclusive signing to them, in which case we could lose him entirely. Something to think about over coming weeks, because if Frankie can't make the weekly show it becomes difficult to promote him as Coastal Zone Champion for any length of time. If Frankie is going to be a major part of my plans going forward, would it make sense to move our show night? Again, if we had guarantees about his loyalty to the company then we could do that with little concern (not that we have doubts about it, but when the Big Three come sniffing around, it's difficult to turn down such a large pay check). But there is a risk of alienating an existing audience.

In any case, we had to take a decision on how to resolve things in the short term, and the obvious solution was to put the belt on the best wrestler in the world, even if it is only in the short term. Which brings me back to my musings at the top of this entry – if it isn't possible to get a consistent roster who we can trust to be able to put a title on, do I have to revert to the same position that wrestling companies all around the world have found themselves in by default – give the belt to the one person who has a contract to stay in the company, who I can rely upon to be here next week, and next month, and so on?

Last edited by batsnumbereleven : 01-06-2018 at 01:17 PM.