Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-13-2019, 10:08 PM
Major League

Default Writers, Angles & Other Cool Things!

Writers & Angles

Writers have been requested a number of times already and I have even chimed in on the multiple threads. But this is an entirely different approach to having creative teams back in the game that would also tie in other suggestions made.

I think writers should be added in it’s simplest form and pretty much work the same as road agents work for matches. In fact, writers should just be Road Agents...

I suggest adding the ability to assign a road agent to angles.

Having writers as individual staff members like road agents give the possibility of former wrestlers becoming writers.

A new rating would probably have to be created and I think a creative rating would be perfect. Writers could be judge on respect, creative rating and maybe psychology. Creative rating could also influence success on a worker’s gimmick if you give them control.

Angle aims is another popular request and it could be used here to help give the purpose of the segment. Like match aims, some angle aims should be penalized for running in too long or too short.

I personally think the entire approach to creating angles should be similar to creating matches. Freestyle angles was a big hit in the last game and I think it should be the norm...Simple as giving angle aims, writer, who wins, lose, damage, etc with the ability to write up any summary about the angle in a description box. Maybe even give us the ability to save some of these as templates.

Other Cool Ideas

1. Ref fatigue or stamina effecting refs.
Just a stat to render multiple refs necessary if running a large card. The higher fatigue, the longer a ref can go without suffering penalties to his/her referee rating.

2. Angle used to control crowd. Too long of an angle in the wrong spot could cool down the crowd.

3. A-F letter grades on worker profile screen.

4. Stables- company made/non company made. Non company made stables are more likely to form backstage cliques

5. Cliques can form stables.

6. AI book shows in advance.

7. Ring announcers- keep audiences engage/attention span. The better the ring announcer, the harder it is for you to lose the crowd.

8. Consistency rating should effect any worker and any stat including non ring work like referee and entertainment skills

9. Booker/owner major differences. A true Owner mode where you can book matches or delegate the booking to the head booker while giving notes on who to push and who is on the show and etc.

10. The larger the roster, the more respectable staff members and/or workers to keep locker room together.

11. Live vs tape shows

Live shows could have a danger of segments going over time, talented and respected referees could lower the possibility of going over time. Certain personality traits could have a tendency of going over time and off script. Scripted matches and promos lower the possibility of going off script and over time.

Ability to curate shows from unseen matches to air on tv.

12. Titles in angles (via angle aims?) (titles can gain prestige by being the focus of great angles)

13. Ring size, style and quality could effect intensity and danger of getting injured (example poor quality ring could raise the chances of injury, wear and tear)

14. Inactive titles lose prestige. (Title not being defended or the subject in any angles)

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan : 01-21-2019 at 10:02 PM.
Unread 01-17-2019, 09:02 AM
Major League

15. Ability to select the quality of props, weapons and special structures used in matches. The higher the quality, the lower the risk of injury and wear and tear on workers. Better quality cost more than lower quality. Just a idea to find more fun ways to spend the cash we make in the game.

16. More locker room perks. Like the ability to offer health care to workers.
Unread 01-21-2019, 10:10 PM
Major League

17. Since relationship status can happen in the game, it would be cool to see a child of a former worker generate in the game deep into a save.
Unread 01-23-2019, 08:48 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Writers & Angles

Other Cool Ideas

1. Ref fatigue or stamina effecting refs.
Just a stat to render multiple refs necessary if running a large card. The higher fatigue, the longer a ref can go without suffering penalties to his/her referee rating.
This might not go down well with mod makers, as it can be hard finding enough info on referees of smaller promotions, and this addition would put more pressure on them to have multiple refs available to work promotions of all sizes.
That said, speaking as a referee myself, I'm all for it. I've had shows where I've worked every match and, in a hot stuffy room, I've ended up completely blown up during the main event, and I've had shows headlined by 30 minute Iron Man matches I can't quite believe I made it through in one piece.

Realistically, the majority of shows over 60-90 minutes in length will at least alternate two referees, in my experience. This also puts an impetus on the player to hire multiple referees, whereas at present there's not really any reason I can see why even at the largest promotions you wouldn't just hire one great ref and have them work every single match.

Quote:
4. Stables- company made/non company made. Non company made stables are more likely to form backstage cliques

5. Cliques can form stables.
I'm not really sure I understand this. A stable only exists in booking terms - workers can't form a stable, only the booker can. A backstage clique deciding they're a stable means nothing if not acknowledged as such "on-screen".
Unread 01-23-2019, 10:58 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skummy View Post
This might not go down well with mod makers, as it can be hard finding enough info on referees of smaller promotions, and this addition would put more pressure on them to have multiple refs available to work promotions of all sizes.
That said, speaking as a referee myself, I'm all for it. I've had shows where I've worked every match and, in a hot stuffy room, I've ended up completely blown up during the main event, and I've had shows headlined by 30 minute Iron Man matches I can't quite believe I made it through in one piece.

Realistically, the majority of shows over 60-90 minutes in length will at least alternate two referees, in my experience. This also puts an impetus on the player to hire multiple referees, whereas at present there's not really any reason I can see why even at the largest promotions you wouldn't just hire one great ref and have them work every single match.

I'm not really sure I understand this. A stable only exists in booking terms - workers can't form a stable, only the booker can. A backstage clique deciding they're a stable means nothing if not acknowledged as such "on-screen".
For ref fatigue, I think the current stamina rating would work just fine. No need to add a rating for refs and most refs in mods have rating for stamina. Stamina ratings for refs may not be accurate in mods but having that rating effect refs would be a nice addition.

As for stables, that is kind of my point. Stables are currently only formed by the user. It would be cool to see the world become alive and witness stables and even tag teams (that aren’t tied to a specific company of course) formed from relationships and backstage cliques. Otherwise something like Elite or New Day can’t happen unless you do it yourself in game or editor.

For example Worker A and Worker B forms a friendship. Worker A and Worker B eventually forms a tag team. Worker A & B is hired to small Company A and team together in matches. Worker A & B is hired to small company B and team together in some matches. Same concept with cliques. Members of cliques can form a tag team or eventually form a stable that word together in many other promotions. Of course the stable feature would have to be revamped.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan : 01-23-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Unread 01-25-2019, 04:35 AM
Major League

18. Tag Team units signed as package deals.

19. AI utilizing the pre show more. In older versions, often when the AI a 1 hour TV show, they would only book 3 matches. The 3 matches mostly involved the same crop of top workers. If the AI used the preshow more often then some of their lower card workers can appear more in matches for said company.

20. The ability to set game area trends by era.

21. Brand split by divisions (cruiserweights, woman only, etc)

22. Ability to make AI book Titles, tournament, achievement winners to get a shot at a specific title at a specific event.

23. Trio units

24. Ability for trios and stables to win tag titles (freebird rule)

25. Ability to send tryouts to the performance center. Should automatically unlock one level of scouting.

26. Ability to send workers to performance center for injury rehab.

27. Face/Heel rating should be able to improve along with gimmick style rating. Should be able to send workers to performance center to try to improve those stats.

28. TV shows based on gender and weight divison.

29. Region Specific Titles.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan : 01-26-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Unread 01-27-2019, 09:08 AM
Major League

30. Events & Tournements where wrestlers from companies with relationships can appear on them.

31. Ability to borrow a title & itís champion from company with relationships.