Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-06-2018, 11:08 AM
All Star

*takes a look at the previous two posts*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

*hopes everyone knows I'm just ribbing*
Unread 06-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult3 View Post
All WWE stats need to be better. Is it even possible to get a good rating by doing a realistic show or do I need the Rock and Steve Austin in every segment?
Is that not how WWE booking mentality is these days?
Unread 06-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult3
All WWE stats need to be better. Is it even possible to get a good rating by doing a realistic show or do I need the Rock and Steve Austin in every segment?

Yes it is possible. Its called smart booking
Unread 06-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Phenom

In regard to those multiple lucha posts on the last page

Is there any conformation of Cibernetico, Johnny Idol & Sam Adonis leaving CMLL, I've checked Wikipedia and LuchaWiki and they don't mention anything, plus they have all had matches for CMLL in the last 3 months.

There may be more to this as I slowly work my way through the list.
Unread 06-06-2018, 05:49 PM

Sam Adonis and Johnny Idol, if they aren't gone, seem to be on the outs with the promotion.

This is a quote from http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2018/...le-next-month/

Quote:
In an interview in Sinaloa, Johnny Idol noted he hasn’t been in CMLL in two months and didn’t seem to know when/if he’ll be back. It’s noticeable Sam Adonis is back in Mexico this week to work ChilangaMask and DragonMania (still no lineup) but isn’t on any CMLL shows. I think they’re both done in CMLL.

I don’t know the reason. I do know CMLL filed for a US trademark of “MISTICO” on April 12th, after Heroes of Lucha Libre had filed for their own trademark on “MÍSTICO” two months earlier. CMLL filed for that trademark just about the same day they pulled Adonis from the Casas match, and neither he or Idol has been booked since and Mistico & Dragon Lee aren’t on the June HOLL show. Adonis seemed to be the connection between Mistico & Dragon Lee & HOLL, CMLL is sensitive over the ownership of the Mistico name after everything that’s happened with Caristico & WWE, and it’s possible Adonis got the punishment for HOLL’s trademark (regardless if he was or was not had any responsibility for it), and Idol was cut loose because his only role was to fill out the trio they’re no longer running. I haven’t asked around, but the timing matches up. Adonis has mentioned a bunch of upcoming dates elsewhere in the world, and I’d suspect Idol would be looking for non-Mexico bookings too.
The Cibernetico CMLL matches from the last couple months on LuchaDB look like they're shows run by CMLL local promoters, which are basically indy shows that have agreements with CMLL to use some of their guys. He was on an Arena Mexico show in February that was co-promoted as CMLL and ELITE, but the CMLL/ELITE deal evaporated almost immediately after that one show and it looks like AAA has purchased ELITE outright. (It's AAA, so it's hard to figure out WHAT'S going on there, other than people showing up in ELITE shirts on the last two AAA shows.) I guess you COULD keep Cibernetico on the CMLL roster to reflect him working on those indy shows, but it'd definitely be an open contract, since he seems to just main event local indy shows for all kinds of different promoters these days.

Speaking of AAA, spoilers for their last two shows...

- Hernandez, Dr. Wagner Jr., El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., and Blue Demon Jr. all are out.

- LA Park, El Hijo del LA Park, and Pentagon Jr. are in, working for both AAA AND CMLL (Park spoiled that Penta will be working CMLL soon)

- Jeff Jarrett is in, and won the Mega championship from Wagner.

- MAD is Konnan, Jeff Jarrett, Juventud, Killer Kross, and as far as we know Teddy Hart (he was called out by Double J, but hasn't appeared on like 3 straight shows)

- Keyra, Golden Magic, Xtreme Tiger, and Laredo Kid are all in.
/spoilers
Unread 06-06-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCed View Post
Hell no. WWE sucks in real life and it's totally realistic that their shows have bad ratings. There is only a handful of good WWE guys nowadays.
If you're doing a real world game it's not realistic at all. Are their ratings as bad as shown in the game?
Unread 06-06-2018, 11:34 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Shannon View Post
*takes a look at the previous two posts*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

*hopes everyone knows I'm just ribbing*
LMAO

WWE booking does kind of suck but if anyone watches this weeks 205 Live you can see that guys like Murphy & Ali are capable of really good matches. Most of the WWE roster are actually probably capable of much more than ever asked of them. My point with Ali & Murphy was they were able to drag ''his is Awesome'' out of the crowd for 205 Live which we all know is traditionally a dead crowd. It's a shame they aren't being shown more to a more receptive crowd because those two in particular are just smashing out consistently great matches. Neither has much in the way of Star Quality but in ring they are pretty golden. They are guys who don't get the respect they clearly deserve for their in ring capabilities.

I'm fine with the Who not over-rating talent but some of the talent is clearly under-rated.
Unread 06-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Phenom

So I decided to throw my hat into the organic mod game, I know there is very little input needed from me but I am using my cleaned up/expanded name files and gimmicks, so hopefully with that this makes it something different.

For those unfamiliar with the format, the idea is that the game does all the hard work for you by generating workers and other promotions, I've just set up the minimum requirements to start a game. When starting a save it's advised to go into the options and set New Worker Frequency to Extremely High to help populate the world quicker.

The first post has been updated with the links.

Enjoy

Database: Organic Mod by TheWho87
Unread 06-13-2018, 07:14 PM

God forgive me, but here's more notes for promotions that people don't keep up on as much as they do WWE.

CMLL:

- Arkangel de la Muerte passed away on June 13, 2018.

- Cibernetico is back! I spoke too soon. He's working a main event on Friday, and is definitely on an open contract. (The big story in CMLL lately has been that the big names of the company complained that they needed new faces in the main event scene, so that's why LA Park is in, Lucha Bros. are in, and now Cibernetico -- but I doubt any of them are going to be long-term hires.)

AAA:

- Teddy Hart was edited out of the TV broadcast of his only appearance with MAD, so I think it's safe to say he's out.

DDT:

- I would put the following people on "Special Attraction"/Occasional Wrestler type contracts: Aja Kong, Dick Togo, Jun Kasai, Ladybeard -- they all tend to only appear here and there, instead of doing entire tours

- I would drop the following people outright: Kikutaro, Kota Ibushi, Kushinobu Kamen, Masakatsu Funaki, Naomichi Marufuji, Seiya Morohashi, Shoichi Uchida, Takashi Sasaki, Tatsuhiko Yoshino

- The King of DDT tournament title is missing the last two winners: Shuji Ishikawa (June 26 2016) and Tetsuya Endo (June 25 2017).

- King of DDT has been moved to an August tournament.

- There's a new tournament title, the D-King Grand Prix (or D-Oh Grand Prix, depending on who you read), in January. First (and so far only) winner is Shuji Ishikawa (January 28 2018).

- Gorgeous Matsuno is a Semi-Active Wrestler at best. He does a handful of comedy matches a year, and is well into his 50s.

- Hiroshi Fukuda goes by Trans Am Hiroshi now.

- The roster situation for DDT in this mod is weird, because it has all the people from every sub-promotion except Tokyo Joshi Pro included on the main DDT roster, even though only some of those sub-promotion people work full-on DDT shows. I assume that this is because Cagematch lists all of the sub-promotion shows as DDT shows except the TJPW ones, but they're connected to DDT like NXT is to WWE rather than being a brand split. (Though DDT's actual NXT-style promotion, DNA, has the most roster crossover!) The catch is, adding them all in would add four new promotions to the mod. https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/rosters/ is the best breakdown of who's where.

- The link above also has referees, commentators, etc.

- DDT's product settings could probably use a bump up in allowing "Risque" -- one of their most popular wrestlers has a move he does every match where he pulls down his trunks, reveals his thong, and sits on the opponent's face. They've had more than one Anal Explosion Death Match. Basically there's a lot of humor about stuff going into people's butts. High-risk gimmicks like Gay and Flamboyant (both of which fit Danshoku Dino) should be able to hit, IMO.

- The following guys should default to an Entertainer wrestling style: Antonio Honda, Hiroshi Fukuda, Kazuki Hirata, Makoto Oishi, Ryu Gouma, Sanshiro Takagi, Tatsuhiko Yoshino, Toru Owashi

- Brawlers: Ken Ohka, Ryuichi Sekine

- MMA Crossover: Yukio Sakaguchi

- The following guys should be Psychopaths: Isami Kodaka, Takumi Tsukamoto, Yuko Miyamoto

BJW:

- The Death Match Survivor tournament would work better if it was changed to the "Ikkitousen" tournament -- they alternate years, between Ikkitousen ~Deathmatch Survivor~ and Ikkitousen ~Strong Climb~. (2018 was a Strong Climb year.) https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=117&page=11 has everything except the 2018 listing, which was won by Hideki Suzuki on April 15 2018.

- Hideyoshi Kamitani should move to Puroresu Style.

- Isami Kodaka, Kankuro Hoshino, Masaya Takahashi, Minoru Fujita, Takayuki Ueki, Toshiyuki Sakuda, and Yuko Miyamoto all belong in the Psychopath style, to represent all the barbed wire, light tube, concrete block, etc. matches they do.

WRESTLE-1:

- Spoilers, but there's a new invading faction: http://puroresuspirit.net/2018/06/wr...-june-13-2018/

- Kumagoro has changed his name to Kumaarashi.

- Kumaarashi, Shotaro Ashino, Yusuke Kodama, and Kenichiro Arai are the Enfants Terribles stable.

- The other big W-1 stable is NEWERA: http://puroresusystem.wikia.com/wiki/NEWERA

AJPW:

- There's a new stable called "Sweeper": http://puroresuspirit.net/2018/06/ne...-june-13-2018/

Last edited by pto_ : 06-13-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Unread 06-13-2018, 08:43 PM
Super Star

Julia Ho who was Zeda in NXT before her release is now going by Zeda Zhang and has signed with MLW and has already filmed segments for MLW Fusion (her release is still somewhat inexplicable to me but Vince doesn't find Asian women attractive)
Unread 06-14-2018, 11:05 AM
Low Minors

inb4 "Kenny Omega is IWGP champ and should be more popular in the US".
Unread 06-14-2018, 01:19 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDial85 View Post
inb4 "Kenny Omega is IWGP champ and should be more popular in the US".
To be fair even in the last 3 years he's been working on ROH shows he still mostly works in Japan, last year only 19 shows outside NJPW and 7 of them were joint with ROH, I have bumped hiss pop to the same US base as the Bucks (30/E+).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pto_ View Post
- The roster situation for DDT in this mod is weird, because it has all the people from every sub-promotion except Tokyo Joshi Pro included on the main DDT roster, even though only some of those sub-promotion people work full-on DDT shows. I assume that this is because Cagematch lists all of the sub-promotion shows as DDT shows except the TJPW ones, but they're connected to DDT like NXT is to WWE rather than being a brand split. (Though DDT's actual NXT-style promotion, DNA, has the most roster crossover!) The catch is, adding them all in would add four new promotions to the mod. https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/rosters/ is the best breakdown of who's where.
Is there much cross over with DDT's smaller groups because if so it might be logical to have DDT with three brand splits and then have TJP as a seperate promotion, the downside is that due to DDT's size I think the AI will end the brand split, I'm just trying to think of the loading times and more promotions means longer loads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pto_ View Post
- I would drop the following people outright: Naomichi Marufuji
Being a champion is not good enough reason to be on the roster?

Also not being difficult but could you at least check the data, I'm still working through the previous list along with this and you have suggested things that are already in the data and your giving me names I'm assuming are in the data because you mention them but they need creating, I'm not complaining about the suggestions, I'm just asking for a little streamlining for what little sanity I have left, as I don't make changes because their given I check through everything, that's why some stuff may or may not have changed.

Last edited by TheWho87 : 06-14-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Unread 06-14-2018, 06:49 PM

My bad on the guys who weren't in the data. I wouldn't say any of them are TERRIBLY important (no one is clamoring for Ashley from AAA or Akira Jo from DDT), but in listing so much crap some of it got away from me. My apologies.

Re: Marufuji in DDT: He had his tag title run, and he's going to do a match in BASARA (sub-promotion) later this summer, but beyond that I think he's wrapped up until the next special appearance/run. DDT likes to have their tag champs be a regular roster member and a part-timer/legend: Yukio Sakaguchi/Masakatsu Funaki, Danshoku Dino/Yoshihiro Takayama, HARASHIMA/Marufuji, right now Kazusada Higuchi/Daisuke Sekimoto... most of these guys come in, do their tag title run, and bounce when it's over. I have no doubt Marufuji will work in DDT again, but who knows when.

Re: DDT roster:

Tbh, BASARA and Ganbare*Puroresu are... not all that popular? Like, if you don't include FREEDOMS or Dove Pro, then you can get away with not even including them, because it's about the same level, and they're under the DDT umbrella but seem to be run fairly independently. My suggestion would be to have DDT and TJPW as a "DDT Universe" alliance, and just leave the other ones out.

There's not a lot of crossover between BASARA/Ganpuro and DDT, so it wouldn't affect realism much. On DDT's big show in March, of their sub promotions, only TJPW got a showcase match. A couple guys from BASARA were in the dark matches, but, like... it's up to you if you count that.

If you do it as just DDT and TJPW, then from the latest mod version, I'd drop (some of these I've already noted previously, so apologies for duplicates): Atsushi Maruyama, Daichi Kazato, FUMA, Hiroshi Fukuda, Ikuto Hidaka, Isami Kodaka, Kenshin Chikano, Madoka, Ryota Nakatsu, Ryu Gouma, Ryuichi Sekine, SAGAT, Takashi Sasaki, Takumi Tsukamoto, Tatsuhiko Yoshino, Yasu Urano, and Yusuke Kubo

All of those guys work mostly BASARA or Ganpuro, and so the remaining people on the roster would be DDT and DNA -- but "DNA" is just "the young wrestlers in DDT" anyway, so there's so much crossover that keeping it all as one promotion won't make much difference.

Again, sorry for drowning you in all this stuff. I've been using your mods for years, so it really does come out of appreciation for the work you (and everyone who's helped) have put in, and wanting to try and chip in to make it better in the promotions that only weirdos like me keep up on.
Unread 06-14-2018, 07:49 PM
Phenom

I wasn't complaining, in fact Japan and Mexico tend to be areas that get neglected most in my mod so posting thiss stuff is great, it's just easier to say "add wrestler to promotion" rather than trying to set up a stable to have people missing and then go add them and then put them in the stable.

Also my bad with Marufiji, he's still listed as champ on Wikipedia and as I said I always double check, thought he was still champ.

I'll also make TJP active this month, I think most of the roster is in the game already, if not I did cut the entire DDT roster page so I can fill the gaps.
Unread 06-18-2018, 12:31 AM
Super Star

Okay spoilers time

James Ellsworth returned to the WWE to help Carmella defeat Asuka

Alexa Bliss wins the WMITB and then lays out Ronda and Nia with the case to end their match before cashing in and winning the RAW womens title

And of course the one guy who really doesn't need the briefcase - Braun Strowman wins it. The fans popped though.

Super Showdown is a new WWE event October 6th from the MCG in Australia. It's quite possible it will be the largest attendance for the WWE in recent memory - perhaps ever as it's a huge venue and Melbourne has a tradition of big attendances to sporting events. Over 56K for UFC 193 with Rousey and the UFC isn't a huge thing in Australia. The AFL Grand Final and Cricket get nigh on 100K. With WWE mode they can fit more so the 101K (inflated from Mania 32) could be challenged.

Last edited by alpha2117 : 06-18-2018 at 12:49 AM.