Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon The GOAT View Post
Exactly. Weekly events will make WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more money than your TV show too. Honestly, you could have 7 weeklies a week and be good. The only thing is having too many PPVs close to each other will lower your buyrates. I run 2 a month but I'm not sure if I'm risking my buyrate or not. Doesn't really say how frequent is too frequent.
I managed to get popularity in other regions. So my second monthly event goes "out of town" to either Mexico or U.K. where I'm only a grade below my home region (Canada). I figure even if two monthly events is too much, spreading out the geography should help.
Unread 06-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieRock View Post
I managed to get popularity in other regions. So my second monthly event goes "out of town" to either Mexico or U.K. where I'm only a grade below my home region (Canada). I figure even if two monthly events is too much, spreading out the geography should help.
Depending on how big you are, I feel like if you're at the point where events are giving you 50K attendances, you're better off just stacking the money in your home region to build a network than you are grinding out the pop gain in other regions unfortunately :/
Unread 06-13-2018, 08:32 PM
Low Minors

Will an active wrestler get angry if I put them in an out of ring role? RDJ started my TCW save 10 years in decline and is putting out 65-rated performances so I'd like to transition him into an authority role. What are the repercussions if I do that?
Unread 06-13-2018, 08:49 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz468 View Post
Will an active wrestler get angry if I put them in an out of ring role? RDJ started my TCW save 10 years in decline and is putting out 65-rated performances so I'd like to transition him into an authority role. What are the repercussions if I do that?
for the most part wrestlers only care how often they are used, not how you use them. For example Jesus Chavez doesn't complain if I only use him as a manager for the other two latino kings. (now they will get rusty if they dont work for a while) So using him in angles as an authority figure should be fine

however if you "push" him as an authority figure he may not like that and complain. i dont know for sure. But you can push him as a main eventer and still just use him in angles. think of it like Kurt Angle's original run as GM
Unread 06-13-2018, 08:59 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz468 View Post
As long as you don't give him the authority figure push, you're good. People will complain if you give them a push they're not into (wish people could get used to those roles but w/e.)
Unread 06-13-2018, 09:10 PM
Low Minors

Thanks guys.
Unread 06-13-2018, 09:16 PM
Major League

Anybody know what my options are if Steve Austin is my figurehead and gets caught in a scandal with prostitutes?

I want him to fight the Rock in two months time at Wrestlemania and donít want to sack him. What can I do?
Unread 06-13-2018, 10:29 PM
Hall of Fame

You kind of have to fire him eventually unless you want to be hit with continuous penalties (who knows, maybe you can survive them). You could just run through WM so he can put over Rock (presumably) and then fire him until the heat dies down though thatís two months of penalties.
Unread 06-14-2018, 01:01 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Showtime View Post
You kind of have to fire him eventually unless you want to be hit with continuous penalties (who knows, maybe you can survive them). You could just run through WM so he can put over Rock (presumably) and then fire him until the heat dies down though thatís two months of penalties.
So do you just get a penalty every time he appears or once a month when heís on your roster, how does it work?

This is really crap, as Austin is my favourite wrestler or all time and a big reason Iím playing this save.

What happens if I keep sending him on holiday? When do I know when his toxicity has worn off?
Unread 06-14-2018, 04:33 PM
All Star

Will you get penalized for not having any announcers as a Local company, when your events is not on TV or anything?
Unread 06-14-2018, 04:37 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nickman View Post
So do you just get a penalty every time he appears or once a month when he’s on your roster, how does it work?

This is really crap, as Austin is my favourite wrestler or all time and a big reason I’m playing this save.

What happens if I keep sending him on holiday? When do I know when his toxicity has worn off?
I'm two years waiting on Hogan to come out of toxicity in one of my saves. Don't get your hopes up.

Check the personal section of his profile. It will say if he is toxic or not.
Unread 06-15-2018, 12:00 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamHead View Post
I'm two years waiting on Hogan to come out of toxicity in one of my saves. Don't get your hopes up.

Check the personal section of his profile. It will say if he is toxic or not.
Thanks for this, I just found where you're talking about. It says having him on my roster will impact merchandise and attendances for shows, even if he's not on them, but... do I care that much about either of those things??

My company makes money hand over fist, do merchandise and attendance really cost me? Plus, Austin is my figurehead and is increasing both those things anyway, so won't they kind of balance each other out?

WCW has dropped to cult anyway, so I'm not sure why I wouldn't just carry on as if nothing has happened and cop a bit of a bump in sales and attendance until it all blows over.
Unread 06-15-2018, 04:12 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungner View Post
Will you get penalized for not having any announcers as a Local company, when your events is not on TV or anything?
As long as you are not broadcasting it, there's no penalty.
Unread 06-16-2018, 01:39 AM

are the biggins tag name really quadruple B?
Unread 06-16-2018, 03:01 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon The GOAT View Post
Depending on how big you are, I feel like if you're at the point where events are giving you 50K attendances, you're better off just stacking the money in your home region to build a network than you are grinding out the pop gain in other regions unfortunately :/
you think so?
I'm at National in Canada, and I can't get International until I get Cult in three other areas. I managed to get high pop in Mexico and U.K. (with nice spillover in mid-South, Southwest, and Puerto Rico in the USA). So to get ot international I've been doing one ppv in those areas and one at home in Canada to maintain my National credentials. (NOTBPW is right behind me). Any tips welcomed at this point.