Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Minor League

Default Question About Wrestling Styles

Is there any game effect to a wrestler's style? I know it doesn't affect match types, as that's skill based. Aside from Owner Goals, though, it looks like whether a wrestler is labeled a Brawler, an Entertainer, or whatever seems to be purely cosmetic.
Unread 12-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Super Star

Nothing really. A worker's style and the promotion's product could also affect auto-push settings.
Unread 12-06-2018, 12:19 AM
Living Legend

As far as the AI is concerned, it's mainly used for roster management as it pertains to the promotion's product. It's also supposed to be a hint at where a worker's strengths lie, skillwise. When you see a psychopath, you expect high hardcore, brawling, and toughness. Likewise, a cruiserweight will tend to have aerial and/or flashiness as a key skill. On a meta level, it also gives you an idea of what a worker will switch to when their skills progress/change. If you're running 5SSW, for example, you'll notice many workers will switch to Japanese Junior (Key Modern) or Brawler or Puroresu (Key Realism) but almost never to Entertainer (no Mainstream in the product). Whereas if you were running AAA, it would be the opposite (workers falling over themselves to switch to Entertainer).

The only real ingame effect I've seen is for AI roster management. For example, I've noticed that EMLL let Pyromaniac go in pretty much every game I play. He's not a terrible worker (especially for the bottom of the card, where he typically resides) but his style (Psychopath) doesn't fit their product so whenever his contract comes due, they don't even offer him an extension. Mercy Michaels is similar in that his style (again, Psychopath) prevents him from being signed to promotions who could use him at the bottom of the card. He's got nice performance skills (basically, a less expensive Ben Williams) but it would probably take a human user to sign him and let him switch styles (almost certainly to Brawler) to make the AI see that.
Unread 12-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Phenom

Can not confirm but it sure seems like if you don't use the right style, a wrestler will get a lower push at the same popularity.

Like a Lucha in a Heavy Realism fed will be a Midcarder at the same popularity that a Brawler has but auto pushed to Main Eventer.

I hope I explained that right.
Unread 12-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone Rivendale View Post
Can not confirm but it sure seems like if you don't use the right style, a wrestler will get a lower push at the same popularity.

Like a Lucha in a Heavy Realism fed will be a Midcarder at the same popularity that a Brawler has but auto pushed to Main Eventer.

Yes, that's correct.
Unread 12-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone Rivendale View Post

That’s exactly what BrokenCycle’s post was saying
Unread 12-06-2018, 09:24 PM
Minor League

I recall reading in the development journal that Psychopaths are more willing to take sick bumps or participate in high risk matches even if they have a more conservative personality (but they are also more likely to switch to a different style during the game, especially as they get older), so that might be one minor game effect that I can think of for players other than Owner Goals.