Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZane View Post
ShadowedFlames was the basic investigator, while Midnightnick was the inept one (all results come back wrong). SF being outed the way he was was the most disappointing aspect of this game for me. Hopefully next time will go better for him...
Tell me about it...I had wanted to keep a low profile and try to work "behind the scenes" (I was once a security officer in a hospital, and I never had a complaint about doing things that way for over 3 years...that's for another day though) as much as possible. Alas, it wasn't to be...

I know that when the whole ya/midnight incident went down, a lot of doubt was cast my way about whether I was going to be modkilled as well...however, I never had contact with either ya nor midnight during the time I was alive. (Midnight contacted me afterwards, asking if I had no hard feelings...but this was after TEoR killed me.)

Now, as for those I investigated (basically an FYI):

Night 1: Random shot in the dark. I picked mjd at random...and with my luck, he died.

Night 2: With the ramblings Jim Force was spouting, linking me to the Mafia, I wanted to see if he was giving himself away (hey, it could happen!). Of course, he died via SK that night...my luck continued to hold.

Night 3: The DJ-led discussion seemed to point to TEoR as the SK...plus after the whole modkilling incident, I knew that I was ****ed. So, my train of thought was simply this: "My gut tells me that DJ has it right. I'll look into TEoR, and if nZane writes up the fact that I ran into him before I died, they'll know. If not, the Mafia will kill me anyway, and it'll still be a shot in the dark."

I happened to have heard Creed's "Six Feet From the Edge" earlier in the day, and I thought that it seemed appropriate...both as a parting shot, and a place to lay my clue with the infamous white text. I'm just glad it worked out the way it did...although next time, if I'm outed like I was this game, I'm going to ask the mod if I can change my role to "Avenging Angel: You win when those who have ratted you out are dead." *laughs*
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Locker Room Leader :)

Shadowed, I'd once again like to apologise for you being dead. I changed my night ability from protecting you to investigating Chris... still, no hard feelings eh?

And praise for my playing of the Handyman, coming straight from the GM himself. I'm might pleased about that. I didn't realise at first quite how powerful the role was until I'd read up more about the roles... then was kinda in shock that I was so important. Having said that, I think by time we got to Night 3 the role was at it's peak as having to choose between protecting and investigating from that point on was a really difficult choice. On one hand, I could look for people I thought were suspicious... and on the other I could protect those I thought might be in trouble. How do you make a choice like that? And then, having picked one... how do you stop other people knowing you have to alternate? Arg!!

Awesome fun, love the Individually Alligned Psychotic Swan role, I think that's my favourite role I've ever read about and totally clears up any and all thoughts I had about the Ugly Duckling role. No-one would answer my questions about that, no matter how many times I asked.
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_b View Post
Awesome fun, love the Individually Alligned Psychotic Swan role, I think that's my favourite role I've ever read about and totally clears up any and all thoughts I had about the Ugly Duckling role. No-one would answer my questions about that, no matter how many times I asked.
I aggree, although that would be my second favorite role. The first of course, "Internet Geek". We couldn't tell you, well, I couldn't tell you because my guess was no better then your's would be.
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_b View Post
Shadowed, I'd once again like to apologise for you being dead. I changed my night ability from protecting you to investigating Chris... still, no hard feelings eh?
No hard feelings, mate. I was a lost cause anyway (if the SK didn't get me, the Mafia would)...you did what you felt you had to do. Can't fault you for that, man.
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZane View Post
I think this was the last role I came up with. I was having a bit of trouble coming up with a final one, so I used the Jason Azaria ability from the first CV Mafia as my base. I figured an Internet Geek would be oddly appropriate for this game.
I won with that role, and so did Mach... It's useful, I guess!
Unread 11-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdgoldeneye View Post
I won with that role, and so did Mach... It's useful, I guess!
I love that role... You guys should make a seperate thread, with Mafia roles to be honest... Having someone that plans on being active start the thread with about three of four posts, so they can update them and keep them organized as people come up with some great roles.

Start the thread with perhaps Normal Town Roles in the first post, then Mafia roles in the next, on to Individual, and on the last one put linked... I think that cover's most of it, for roles. One of you guys should really think about doing that, because I'm sure the rest of the GDS family would help you input/think up various unique roles for future games.

Just a thought anyways.... If anyone feels they could obligate their time to it. The posts afterward would be just discussion, and as new roles are made up, can be added to the beginning posts/via edit.
Unread 11-06-2007, 01:23 AM
Super Star

I think the thing I enjoyed most about this game was the infusion of new guys into this. No offense to anyone, but I believe that far and away the two rookies that set themselves apart were Chris and Derek. I enjoyed their play styles. Great job guys.

As well as the veterans of this. I thought trypio and Big Josh v2.0 both had their best games to date in this one.

Thanks nZane for modding a well thought out and interesting scenerio. I enjoyed it immensely.

Till next time!
Unread 10-05-2018, 12:43 PM
Super Star

Just finished rereading this. /smdh...I wanted to slap a whole handful of people. dj, ier, MTJTM, outlaw.

Damn I had to seek therapy because of this role. Couldn't just be a regular PGO. Had to plant seeds of doubt in the intial Role PM. nzane I hate you.