Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-13-2018, 02:46 PM
Hall of Fame

I picked up Guardians of the Galaxy by Telltale in a humblebundle and was not disappointed. The whole setting seemed like random crap to me, but the storytelling did hold on to me. A good experience for less than 10$ if you're looking for one.
Unread 10-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Finally joining the current generation and getting a PS4.

Looking for some suggestions.

I enjoy FPS, RPGs, platformers, and action oriented games.

I have access to Dragonís Dogma and GTA V, so probably going to play through those first.
Monster Hunter World is great as someone whose previous experience was Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP. I've got about 200 hours and would have 3 times as much but I lent the PS4 to my brother in college.
Unread 10-28-2018, 11:36 PM

Let's go further
Unread 10-29-2018, 03:42 AM
Phenom

Anyone on Red dead Redemption 2 ? a GREAT GREAT Game.
Unread 10-29-2018, 07:50 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuwyn View Post
I'll get back to you when it's released on PC LOL.
Unread 10-29-2018, 07:10 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Here is where I try not to rip this game, but Ive just finished chapter 2 and I hate the game with a passion. It is one of the top 10 worst games I've ever played. Graphically it is a marvel, from a gameplay stance it is awful. Controls are clunky, aiming is near impossible on manual, the core health/stamina/deadeye system is horrible and they have learned nothing from the faults of previous Rockstar games because all of them are in this.

I'm not saying this to be controversial, I'm saying it because I could have wiped my arse with a £50 note and it would have been a better use for the money. Having to brush and bath my horse to keep its "cores" full? That sums up the level of "fun" for me in this game. Your character moves like he is wearing a concrete suit. Having to stay at the slow, mundane speeds your mission companion is going makes it all the more tedious. I JUST WANT TO GET TO THE MISSION! Talking of the horse riding, it's like trying to drive an arctic lorry and constantly pulling you in directions you're not even directing it to! It's like they took the worst responding car in GTA V and skinned it to look like a horse. Heaven help you when you get on a carriage!

So far of the 9 hours and 2 completed chapters I've played the majority of that time has been, finding food to keep my weight maintained, riding my horse from one generic mission to another (all the missions are pretty much the same so far). Cleaning both myself and the horse to maintain those ridiculous "cores" and getting shot in the middle of nowhere by randomly spawning O'Driscolls who appear from Asgaard.

It appears Rockstar could release a game where your entire goal is to eat a biscuit and people would say "it is truly showing what these new consoles can do". RDR2 is basically an earlier unpatched version of The Witcher 3, minus the decent story and expansive DLC but with the added bonus of bathing! At least Geralt was wearing armour which can explain his movement speed, I think Arthur must be made from wood because there is no other reason someone in a shirt and trousers would move the way he does.

That isn't even all that is wrong with this game but I feel it has taken enough of my time already.
Unread 10-30-2018, 09:19 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleisch View Post
Here is where I try not to rip this game, but Ive just finished chapter 2 and I hate the game with a passion. It is one of the top 10 worst games I've ever played. Graphically it is a marvel, from a gameplay stance it is awful. Controls are clunky, aiming is near impossible on manual, the core health/stamina/deadeye system is horrible and they have learned nothing from the faults of previous Rockstar games because all of them are in this.

I'm not saying this to be controversial, I'm saying it because I could have wiped my arse with a £50 note and it would have been a better use for the money. Having to brush and bath my horse to keep its "cores" full? That sums up the level of "fun" for me in this game. Your character moves like he is wearing a concrete suit. Having to stay at the slow, mundane speeds your mission companion is going makes it all the more tedious. I JUST WANT TO GET TO THE MISSION! Talking of the horse riding, it's like trying to drive an arctic lorry and constantly pulling you in directions you're not even directing it to! It's like they took the worst responding car in GTA V and skinned it to look like a horse. Heaven help you when you get on a carriage!

So far of the 9 hours and 2 completed chapters I've played the majority of that time has been, finding food to keep my weight maintained, riding my horse from one generic mission to another (all the missions are pretty much the same so far). Cleaning both myself and the horse to maintain those ridiculous "cores" and getting shot in the middle of nowhere by randomly spawning O'Driscolls who appear from Asgaard.

It appears Rockstar could release a game where your entire goal is to eat a biscuit and people would say "it is truly showing what these new consoles can do". RDR2 is basically an earlier unpatched version of The Witcher 3, minus the decent story and expansive DLC but with the added bonus of bathing! At least Geralt was wearing armour which can explain his movement speed, I think Arthur must be made from wood because there is no other reason someone in a shirt and trousers would move the way he does.

That isn't even all that is wrong with this game but I feel it has taken enough of my time already.
I'd recommend avoiding Assassin's Creed Odyssey if RDR2 is too tedious for you. Odyssey is tedium incarnate. As grindy as an MMO, but with Dark Souls-like combat that misses everything that makes it good in said game. I got to play it free thanks to that Project Stream thing Google's doing and I still feel like I wasted $60.
Unread 10-31-2018, 04:04 AM
Phenom

Quote:

Maybe is that you only search fun in a game. Some people like to search something else, a bit of reality. I agree that the game has some flaws, but to say that it's one of the top 10 worst game

You will be more satisfied with Cyberpunk 2077 i think

You could always sell your game. It will be not much of a loss

Last edited by Celuwyn : 10-31-2018 at 04:11 AM.
Unread 10-31-2018, 06:51 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Maybe is that you only search fun in a game. Some people like to search something else, a bit of reality. I agree that the game has some flaws, but to say that it's one of the top 10 worst game

You will be more satisfied with Cyberpunk 2077 i think

You could always sell your game. It will be not much of a loss
I search for a medium balance usually depending on the genre of game to be honest. I like a bit of realism, but I like consistency and some creative missions to keep my attention which currently I have not had in the 40 missions I've taken part in. I know for other's that experience will be different, but honestly, the state the game is currently in (for me personally) it really is up there with Destiny in terms of disappointing releases.

It is a shame because the world they have created is absolutely amazing. The graphics really are superb and some of the scenes standing on a cliff edge looking out are fantastic. I tried so hard to like the game and get passed it's flaws (including messing with the movement and aim sliders to try and customise it's movement to my liking - but it doesn't).

I am just hoping the online portion of the game will be good when Rockstar release it as I can then say money well spent but until then, I really don't like the solo story/game play. Sorry about the long post (again) I'm just really disappointed as I'd been waiting years for this to be announced, and then released.

Realism in RDR2:
* Eat, Sleep, Wash, to keep your cores up.
* Eat also to keep your weight maintained.
* Clean/maintain your gun or it doesn't work properly.
* Talk to camp members (although their dialogue doesn't always follow on from what you have said).
* Doing tasks/upgrading camp will raise your gang's morale
* Graphics
* Bar Fights (this was the one thing I did like)
* Your hat falls off in a fight
* Your beard and hair grow
* Horses take a crap
* Fishing/Hunting and the mini-games such as poker
* Male horses have balls, females do not
* Wildlife

Fantasy in RDR2 (based on my current save):
* Rob a train in the middle of nowhere with cover from cliffs, get an instant bounty on your head despite covering your face so no one knows it is you and the nearest lawman is miles away!
* Punch a guy who shot at you first, witness see's you defending yourself and reports you for assault.
* Hunt down and shoot the witness before they can report you, get a wanted level anyway, but this time for murder.
* Arthur's concrete clothing.
* 1 head shot to take down an enemy, then 3 head shots to take down the guy next to him!
* Shooting enemies anywhere other than the head normally results in you emptying your six shooter in them before they even go down. I guess they are all zombies?
* The portal jumping O'Driscoll Gang who seemingly appear from thin air.
* Lawmen appear from the same portal as the O'Driscolls. A sheriffs office with 3 guys working there but 20 lawmen appear instantly if you shoot the town up or rob a bank/shop.
* People know who you are despite wearing a mask and the bounty is put on Arthur Morgan. Kind of negates the point of the mask mechanic in the game.
Unread 10-31-2018, 06:55 AM
Phenom

Quote:
I search for a medium balance usually depending on the genre of game to be honest. I like a bit of realism, but I like consistency and some creative missions to keep my attention which currently I have not had in the 40 missions I've taken part in. I know for other's that experience will be different, but honestly, the state the game is currently in (for me personally) it really is up there with Destiny in terms of disappointing releases.

It is a shame because the world they have created is absolutely amazing. The graphics really are superb and some of the scenes standing on a cliff edge looking out are fantastic. I tried so hard to like the game and get passed it's flaws (including messing with the movement and aim sliders to try and customise it's movement to my liking - but it doesn't).

I am just hoping the online portion of the game will be good when Rockstar release it as I can then say money well spent but until then, I really don't like the solo story/game play. Sorry about the long post (again) I'm just really disappointed as I'd been waiting years for this to be announced, and then released.

Realism in RDR2:
* Eat, Sleep, Wash, to keep your cores up.
* Eat also to keep your weight maintained.
* Talk to camp members (although their dialogue doesn't always follow on from what you have said).
* Doing tasks/upgrading camp will raise your gang's morale
* Graphics
* Bar Fights (this was the one thing I did like)
* Your hat falls off in a fight
* Your beard and hair grow
* Horses take a crap
* Fishing/Hunting and the mini-games such as poker
* Male horses have balls, females do not
* Wildlife

Fantasy in RDR2 (based on my current save):
* Rob a train in the middle of nowhere with cover from cliffs, get an instant bounty on your head despite covering your face so no one knows it is you and the nearest lawman is miles away!
* Punch a guy who shot at you first, witness see's you defending yourself and reports you for assault.
* Hunt down and shoot the witness before they can report you, get a wanted level anyway, but this time for murder.
* Arthur's concrete clothing.
* 1 head shot to take down an enemy, then 3 head shots to take down the guy next to him!
* Shooting enemies anywhere other than the head normally results in you emptying your six shooter in them before they even go down. I guess they are all zombies?
* The portal jumping O'Driscoll Gang who seemingly appear from thin air.
* Lawmen appear from the same portal as the O'Driscolls. A sheriffs office with 3 guys working there but 20 lawmen appear instantly if you shoot the town up or rob a bank/shop.
* People know who you are despite wearing a mask and the bounty is put on Arthur Morgan. Kind of negates the point of the mask mechanic in the game.
You just quoted the main flaws of the game for me

the bandana is pretty useless in the game, that's a real shame. and for the lawmen appearing from nowhere.. straight from GTA.
Unread 10-31-2018, 07:36 AM
Phenom

So I just recently bought a PS4 (my first console since I dumped my 360 a few years ago)....I mainly bought it for Spiderman. Spidey was a great game...played a lot like the Batman Arkham games but even better and a really engrossing story.

I was really looking to selling Spiderman for RDR2 next but Fleisch your criticisms have me doing a double-take. I've read a lot of mixed reviews online for the game as well. Still not decided because the original Red Dead Redemption (even Revolver too as a matter of fact) was a game I loved playing and lost many hours on...
Unread 11-03-2018, 04:43 AM
Hall of Fame

I'm actually really enjoying RDR2 at the moment, and the slower paced motion. Just feels to me like most other games has the player permanent running places and this feels more real.

However... being a little more flush with cash this month, i purchased a HOTAS One mostly for Elite Dangerous.. Damn that change the game up
Unread 11-06-2018, 03:09 AM
Living Legend

Has anyone had the chance to play the first episode of Life Is Strange 2 yet? I have read zero feedback on the game and there does not seem to be much buzz about the game, so I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to play it yet.
Unread 11-06-2018, 04:40 AM
Hall of Fame

Played through LiS but I didn't really think it was that amazing. So not hyped for a second part.

For me now it's just finishing the games I've started (Thronebreaker) and waiting for the Resident Evil II remake and Dead or Alive 6, though the latter doesn't really excite me. Somewhere this month we might see the release of Showtime 2, which could be a fun text-sim like TEW. And there's of course the endless wait for Mount & Blade II.