Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-17-2018, 03:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Just watched the MYC and was thinking: shouldn't they make a Women's Tag Team tournament somewhere in the near future? Just a yearly event, quite like the mixed tag they did. Due to the brand split, it simply isn't viable to make a permanent title (yet). It's like what TNA tried (alongside the millions of 'unique' things they tried without success because they half-assed things). A women's tag title in a division with 8 people is just moronic.

The reason I thought this is the "Ember-Moon"-like worker. Would make a nice tag team, right? Maybe somewhere along the line they could have Ronda and that new judo worker team up (if they ever turn her heel). The current Superstars and their history would make for some fine matches imo.
Unread 10-17-2018, 07:13 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Just watched the MYC and was thinking: shouldn't they make a Women's Tag Team tournament somewhere in the near future? Just a yearly event, quite like the mixed tag they did. Due to the brand split, it simply isn't viable to make a permanent title (yet). It's like what TNA tried (alongside the millions of 'unique' things they tried without success because they half-assed things). A women's tag title in a division with 8 people is just moronic.

The reason I thought this is the "Ember-Moon"-like worker. Would make a nice tag team, right? Maybe somewhere along the line they could have Ronda and that new judo worker team up (if they ever turn her heel). The current Superstars and their history would make for some fine matches imo.
They have been pairing all the women up on both brands lately. I expect Stephanie to make an announcement at Evolution or the Raw after.
Unread 10-18-2018, 08:56 AM
Minor League

Man that was the most interesting thing Aleister Black ever done for me. For the first time I actually care about what happened to him. If only they'd booked him like this during his title reign.
Unread 10-18-2018, 07:32 PM
Rookie

MYC:

Lane vs Satomura - Good match. Lacey stepped up.
Io vs Deonna - Great match. I'll give Io a pass for her sloppy moonsaults for now because the ring size and turnbuckle height are different than what she's used to in Japan.
Nox vs Ripley - Upsetting to watch but I'm glad they showed it. Pity they didn't realise how bad it was and stop the match earlier. Fair play to Rhea for not breaking character and the announcers for handling it respectfully.
Yim vs Storm - Great match

I'm 23/27 for picks on complete matches.

NXT:

- War Raiders vs Era was great. The finish was a nice set up for Wargames.
- A wild Britt Baker appears
- Nice to see the Chinese recruits given a chance. I would love to see Lorcan & Burch in the Wargames match instead of Mustache Mountain just to keep things fresh.
- Great showcase for Nikki and Bianca. Cliffhanger!

NXT UK:

Solid start. Only issue is that the UK Women's Title match is at Evolution but they won't have time to show all the matches leading to it.

Last edited by milamber : 10-18-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Unread 10-18-2018, 09:00 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
MYC:

Lane vs Satomura - Good match. Lacey stepped up.
Io vs Deonna - Great match. I'll give Io a pass for her sloppy moonsaults for now because the ring size and turnbuckle height are different than what she's used to in Japan.
Nox vs Ripley - Upsetting to watch but I'm glad they showed it. Pity they didn't realise how bad it was and stop the match earlier. Fair play to Rhea for not breaking character and the announcers for handling it respectfully.
Yim vs Storm - Great match

I'm 23/27 for picks on complete matches.
Yeah, that Nox/Ripley match was really heartbreaking. Ripley seems to have had fun heeling on Twitter today about it, though.

I'm 26/28 in my picks so far. The only ones I got wrong were Zeuxis/Monroe (for some reason I thought Monroe would win) and Lacey Lane over Taynara Conti. I admit that I only got Ripley/Nox right because it was the only match I had spoiled for me before the tournament aired, though. So I guess that might not count.
Unread 10-19-2018, 12:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crychon View Post
Yeah, that Nox/Ripley match was really heartbreaking. Ripley seems to have had fun heeling on Twitter today about it, though.

I'm 26/28 in my picks so far. The only ones I got wrong were Zeuxis/Monroe (for some reason I thought Monroe would win) and Lacey Lane over Taynara Conti. I admit that I only got Ripley/Nox right because it was the only match I had spoiled for me before the tournament aired, though. So I guess that might not count.
Tegan was rumored to make it to at least the Semi Final of the MYC (some think she would have won the whole thing) and the Final of the NXT UK Women's Tournament. I wonder how much of an adjustment they have had to make to the booking.

I got Dawn/Matthews, Lacey/Kraven, Lacey/Conti and Xia Li/Karen Q wrong.
Unread 10-19-2018, 01:02 PM
Living Legend

Solid start for the UK brand

Though Flash Morgan Webster might have one of the absolute worst looks I've ever seen.
Unread 10-20-2018, 05:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Didn't make any predictions, but I expected Conti to make it further.

Nice to see Cena writing a children's book. That man just keeps on giving... Makes me think how one would accurately represent Cena in TEW. There must be some stat called "dedication" that would separate him from the rest.
Unread 10-21-2018, 06:10 AM
Minor League

How many times does Strowman have to run into the turnbuckles shoulder-first before he learns to not do so? I know it's a common spot in wrestling, but he does it every single match now. It's almost becoming a trademark move for him. He does that more than he does his finisher these days.
Unread 10-21-2018, 07:14 AM
Living Legend

They ruined Strowman with his “heel turn”.
Unread 10-23-2018, 04:29 AM
Rookie

Very rare for a wrestling show to make me tear up. Judging by the reactions it seems like only Roman, Vince and the medical staff knew. Hopefully vitriolic Roman-haters might start to appreciate him for busting his ass the last 6 years and not letting Vince use his leukemia to get cheap sympathy but I won't hold my breath.

Unread 10-23-2018, 09:23 AM
Living Legend

Shocking news today. It'll be a long time before we'll see Roman back - informed guesses I've seen say around 18 months, assuming all goes well.

The majority of reactions I've seen have been supportive, talk of donations, signing up for blood/bone marrow transplants... WWE obviously does a lot of work with cancer charities anyway, and no doubt this will only strengthen that association.

Horrible news for Roman and his family, of course, but he's young, healthy, and will surely get great medical care; Even if he never wrestles again, so long as he comes out the other side able to enjoy a long life then he'll have won this battle.
Unread 10-23-2018, 11:00 AM
Minor League

That news is devastating for Roman and the WWE as a whole. I seriously hope he does beat leukemia again and comes back. The show seemed like it didn't matter after his announcement because when it's a life and death situation, how do you get back into the show as a fan? I think that news really took the air of the crowd and of course it did. Anyways, the silver lining in it is that when he does come back, he'll definitely be a babyface for life!

As for RAW last night, I didn't watch the whole show and only saw that beginning segment (Damn you Rollins for making me tear up!) and the main event.

I hear the whole show was weird but of course it was going to be because now they have to re-write storylines without Roman and find his replacement. Emotions were high last night so I understand why people hated the Ambrose heel turn but I think it was the best time to do it. I'm sure they had to rush his turn so it made sense to do it then. I'm sure they knew people would not like it because of Roman's announcement earlier but I think it'll make for a more personal and compelling feud between Ambrose and Rollins.

Edit: Unfortunately, Milamber, there were a select few on twitter thinking that Roman's annoucement was a work. Some people obviously can't distinguish between storylines and real life.
Unread 10-23-2018, 10:11 PM
All Star

I'm confused for some reason my last comment was deleted. Don't know what I said wrong but oh well.
Unread 10-24-2018, 03:24 PM
Living Legend

WWE should hire Doug Williams to be a road agent for the UK Brand since he's retiring. He'd be a good hand to have around. Also, I wish they'd start an NXT Canada or just make an official relationship with Lance Storm's school. They've signed like 9 of his students the last few years.