Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-14-2018, 01:23 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
I'm watching the last seasons of 12 Monkeys and The Expanse. Both very different but great sci-fi shows. Shame they both flew under rader but at least Syfy supported 12 Monkeys to the end and Amazon picked up Expanse so hopefully that survives for a few more years.
I think the problem with The Expanse is the show was crap compared to the books. If you have time Iíd suggest giving them a read.

I had found the dearies about three years ago, and was full of glee for the show, then it came out...it was okay, just....kind of felt like a half deflated balloon.
Unread 07-14-2018, 01:29 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdWarrior View Post

Stranger Things is still phenomenal. Not too much to add to that just now, can't wait for the next season. Also very much enjoying GLOW, 13 Reasons Why, The Punisher, and The End of the ****** World on the Netflix. For the record, that's the actual title of the show, not the message board automatically censoring me for foul language. I also thought Everything Sucks was a pretty fun little show, but I think it's been cancelled, so...
Stranger things is just awesome
Glow has me sucked in.
13 reasons why has been a bit of a slog for me so far.

The end of the ******* world is so different itís pretty good.

Atypical has gotten some heat, but I thought it was decent.

Also...OITNB sooooon!
Unread 08-05-2018, 04:48 AM
Living Legend

With Patrick Stewart coming back to the Star Trek universe I might be willing to pay the money to watch the show. I mean probably not but there is a slight chance.
Unread 08-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Super Star

GLOW was really good with the exception of episode 8 or 9 in season 1. Good character development but could have been achieved otherwise.

Evil Genius - that was beyond bizarre.

The Staircase - a little dry but informative.
Unread 08-26-2018, 03:01 PM
Living Legend

Loving Disenchantment so far. Scratching that Futurama itch.
Unread 08-26-2018, 07:35 PM
Rookie

Finished up 12 Monkeys. It's now one of my all-time favorite sci-fi shows.

Finally got Netflix so I marathoned Rick and Morty. A bit much crude humor at times for my taste (I'm in my 30s so that type of humor doesn't appeal me as much as it did 10 years ago) but very funny.

Part-way through Final Space. Not as funny as Rick & Morty but much stronger story because it's a continuous arc. I don't see anyone talking about the show and found it by accident.

Shameless (US) Season 1 - I've been wanting to watch this show for years and I love it. Don't think I'll make it through 9 seasons, though.
Unread 09-01-2018, 03:00 AM
Living Legend

Well Showtime is free this weekend so that means it is time for me to catch up on The Affair. I actually only have two episodes left, this season has been great thus far and really the series as a whole has been great. It has yet to have what I would call a weak season.

Speaking of which, I got crap on another site for saying this but I really have enjoyed every season of American Horror Story with the exception of Hotel. That season was so terrible that I stopped watching it half way through. Which is not something I normally do, when I choose to watch something I usually watch it to the bitter end no matter how bad it gets. But Hotel was just awful.

People on the other site lit into me for saying that I hated Hotel. Honestly the only other weak season of AHS was Freakshow. The rest of them have been either good or great.

Oh and CBS, please stop with the Hawaii 5-0 and The Neighborhood commercials. I know you have to hype your new shows but there is such a thing as overkill. Also, can networks come up with new ideas. I feel like I have already watched the Neighborhood while watching All in the Family and The Jeffersons.

Last edited by BHK1978 : 09-01-2018 at 03:06 AM.
Unread 09-23-2018, 08:17 PM
Rookie

Almost finished watching The First and I really like it. It's techicnally a Mission to Mars sci-fi show but it's really a character drama and that's its strength.
Unread 10-20-2018, 11:33 PM
Living Legend

While I was not shocked that Netflix cancelled Iron Fist, I was a little shocked that Luke Cage was cancelled. I really enjoyed the last season of Luke Cage and was interested in seeing where they were going. I guess we shall never know unless he shows up in one of the other shows.

Iron Fist had a pretty good second season. The first season was boring and the lead's acting was bad but he improved and the show itself improved. That being said, I am not at all shocked that it was cancelled.
Unread 10-20-2018, 11:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
While I was not shocked that Netflix cancelled Iron Fist, I was a little shocked that Luke Cage was cancelled. I really enjoyed the last season of Luke Cage and was interested in seeing where they were going. I guess we shall never know unless he shows up in one of the other shows.

Iron Fist had a pretty good second season. The first season was boring and the lead's acting was bad but he improved and the show itself improved. That being said, I am not at all shocked that it was cancelled.
The scheduling can't have helped the viewership figures. 13x50+ minute episodes are hard to marathon no matter the quality. I'm still working my through Luke Cage S2, haven't even started on Iron Fist S2 and Daredevil S3 was just released. They should have trimmed them down or spaced out the release schedule.

I hope they do Heroes for Hire with Luke, Danny and Colleen. After JJ S3 her and Trish can cameo on the other shows. Daredevil and Punisher should continue. Moonknight and Ghost Rider shows would be nice.
Unread 10-22-2018, 02:18 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
The scheduling can't have helped the viewership figures. 13x50+ minute episodes are hard to marathon no matter the quality. I'm still working my through Luke Cage S2, haven't even started on Iron Fist S2 and Daredevil S3 was just released. They should have trimmed them down or spaced out the release schedule.

I hope they do Heroes for Hire with Luke, Danny and Colleen. After JJ S3 her and Trish can cameo on the other shows. Daredevil and Punisher should continue. Moonknight and Ghost Rider shows would be nice.
I think Moon Knight would make for a excellent show. I would love to see how they deal with him being crazy and having multiple personality disorder. Would it be campy? Or would they try to portray it as real as they possibly could? In fact they probably should have done that instead of Iron Fist.

I agree with you on their release schedule. It seemed like they have been putting them out left and right. There is not much of a gap between the five programs. I also agree with you on the number of episodes. Cutting down on the number of episodes would be good as well.
Unread 10-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Rookie

The Haunting of Hill House popped up in my Netflix app and I saw it had good buzz so watched the first 3 episodes. It's not my favorite show of the year (I would rank The Americans and Better Call Saul higher) but it's definitely the best new show of the year, IMO. Great character-focused horror.
Unread 10-23-2018, 04:10 PM
Living Legend

Playing catch up with the Flash right now so I can watch the new season. Season 4 started out rocky with some poor casting choices, but by the end itís gotten really good.

I just need to get caught up on the rest of the Arrowverse now