Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 03-27-2018, 01:15 PM
Blake Trask's Avatar
Blake Trask Blake Trask is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,752
Default Crystal Quest - Putting the RPG in Wrestling!

A mystical land of sorcery, combat, and great heroes.

A prophecy foretelling the end of the world, or its salvation.

Prepare yourself for an experience like no other, the blending of action and high drama in a genre never before seen!

Wrestling

Fantasy.

Heroism.

This... is Crystal Quest.


--

"So, what do you think?"

"Okay, first of all Sherie what the f**k?"

--


CRYSTAL QUEST PRODUCTIONS
A CV97 STORY

Last edited by Blake Trask : 04-12-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 03-27-2018, 01:25 PM
Blake Trask's Avatar
Blake Trask Blake Trask is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,752
Default

Season 1, Episode 1
'Premier'

Quote:
We open to a scenic view of a city which probably only partially consists of stock footage. Included is a musical score which one hundred percent comes from one of the Shire parts in Lord of the Rings. Eventually the camera moves to a town gate which looks suspiciously cardboard, which then opens up. Two figures trundle out of town on a wagon which distinctively does not show any animals pulling it in spite of animal noises and hoof beats being in the background.


The two Merchants on the wagon chat merrily for a while, establishing that they have just left the city of Tomar and are en route to Gevis to sell their wares.

Grade: E
Quote:

Back into the city and we see a red-headed cloaked figure with a cold look on her face marching through the streets. Her bearing is imperious and comes across like she’s genuinely disgusted to see the dregs around her.


Speaking of, one of the beggars reaches a hand up to her, pleading for alms. She recoils like he’s carrying the plague and backhands him across the face, sending him spilling to the ground. Ouch!

He’s not taking that lying down, though. The Beggar clambers to his feet and takes a swing! A fight!

Grade: F+

Charon vs. Beggar

Quote:
The woman, who our foreboding Narrator refers to as ‘the ruthless Charon’ is knocked onto the back foot for a moment by the Beggar’s sudden and unexpected assault, allowing him to get the upper hand initially. However, her calculating expression gives way to one much more sinister.

“Fool,” she snarls.

Charon counterattacks with ferocity, and the Beggar is unable to keep up with her furious strength. Systematically, she dismantles the hapless Beggar, and in short order, leaves him bloodied and unconscious in the gutter.

She turns away with a sneer.

Grade: F+
Quote:
However, her actions have not gone without notice. As Charon returns to walking and the dregs part around her, there is one figure who does not give her a wide berth, detaching himself from the shadows of a nearby alleyway and falling into step with her.


“If you don’t want to suffer the same fate as the other one, I suggest you make yourself scarce.”

“Oh madame, please do not mistake me for such scum,” the man’s voice is soft and sibilant.

“I see no mistake until proven otherwise.”

He smiles. “That is only fair. One must prove themselves in many theatres, but madame, your fighting style, your prowess, you intrigue me.”

Charon stops and turns to him, raising an eyebrow. “Either you have a point to make, or you are selling something.”

A laugh. “I sell many things, madame, but not today. No, I think a man such as I and a woman such as you could accomplish a great many things together.”

A long look. “Perhaps,” she pauses. “I am in the midst of a task. Accompany me, and we shall see whether you’re worthy of the honour.”

He sweeps into an elaborate bow. “You shall find that Aloysius Fletcher does not disappoint, madame.”

She resumes walking without addressing him.


Grade: E

Quote:
Now, we head to some ‘plains’. Two figures stand atop a plateau, looking out into a glorious view of the midday sun. One of them, dark haired and pallid, looks distinctly uncomfortable, continually batting around her head and face as if troubled by an invisible assailant. The other turns to her comrade.


“Sorry, Vestala. It just isn’t possible to track them at night.”

“I’m fine, Womi.”

Womi hesitates for a moment, but then shrugs and drops the subject. After a silence, Vestala speaks.

“Out there, movement.”

And indeed below there is movement. Two hulking figures with horns and shaggy fur coats lumber their way across the plains beneath.


“That’s them all right…” Womi’s eyes go hard as steel. “You ready?”

“Always.”

The two of them affix grapples to a large rock on the plateau, and then dive off out of sight.


Grade: D+

Quote:
Elsewhere, we are back with the Merchants, still chattering away about anything and everything.

However, in the brush alongside the road… rustling leaves, the snapping of a twig... someone's there!


Two men pincer the wagon with a roar. They wear ‘leather’ ‘armour’, bandits!

“Your money or your life!”

The Merchants shriek in fear, but then steel themselves, jumping down from the wagon (no horses) to meet the bandits! A fight!


Grade: D


The Merchants vs. The Highwaymen
At Stake: Valuable Cargo!

Quote:
The Merchants make a fierce effort to protect the cargo of their wagon and by anyone’s standards give a decent accounting of themselves for normal folks. Sadly, these Highwaymen are anything but normal folks, and the hapless Merchants soon find themselves on the back foot against these trained fighters!

However, as Friendly Merchant #1 absorbs a beating from Thuggish Bandit, she also manages to catch the attention of the Highwayman with a well-timed thrown rock! The distraction is the opportunity Merchant #2 is waiting for as he pulls some valuable looking pieces (or painted to be) out of the wagon and calls out--

“Hey! Y-you brutes! The loot is over here!”

And flees!

The pair start after him, neglecting Merchant #1, who also runs away!

Grade: E-
Valuable Cargo protected via ‘count out’
Quote:
“Get back here you little--!”

The Highwaymen pursue their victims, who manage to split off and then reunite with one another. They exchange nods, but then cry out in fear as they realise that the bandits are still hot on their trail!

“Quick, into the hills!” Merchant #1 urges her partner, and they break for the treeline.

Grade: E+

Quote:
Now, we find ourselves in a seedy tavern, complete with dark corners, cloak and dagger folks and a grizzled bartender. A swashbuckling looking type is regaling anyone will listen with tales of his dashing derring-do, and finding a rapt audience for his stories.


Indeed, it seems our swashbuckler, Renhart the Seeker as he calls himself, is rather a popular attraction in those less-scrupulous circles, particularly those involved in below-board endeavours, especially as his tales take a turn for the less-than-legal.

One individual, however, is less enraptured and more intent in creeping around the room, testing out a pocket or two and liberating their contents.


A few successfully lightened loads later, and the youngster is emboldened, sneaking around to the far side of Renhart, making a swipe for the coinpurse at his waist… and getting it!

“Now… I’d give that back if I were you, kiddo.”

The pickpocket freezes, then grins devilishly and tries to pull a runner! Renhart leaps up to intercept him from leaving the room and the pair of them go crashing across the floor in a tangle of limbs and furniture. A fight!


Grade: E+


Renhart the Seeker vs. Samuel
At Stake: Renhart’s Coinpurse!

Quote:
These two are most evenly matched, with a slew of dirty tricks and unorthodox tactics to bring to the table. Speaking of tables, the two of them spend a good couple of minutes of this encounter springing from tabletop to tabletop, just barely missing taking one another out on numerous occasions. The coinpurse changes hands numerous times as the two of them compete for Renhart’s coin, but each time one of them secures it, the other someone swipes it back or cuts off the retreat.

“You’re pretty good, for a kid!”

“That’s funny, I was about to say the same!”

But in spite of the conflict, the two of them more and more seem to be enjoying themselves, grins starting to spread across each face, not least as the tavern’s clientele start up with a whooping cheer each time one of them lands a solid blow.

“Open up! In the name of the guard, open up!”


The door bursts open, and the fun is over as a pair of armoured guardsmen wade in and start doling out billy club hits left and right!

Grade: F+
Renhart retains his coinpurse for now, but these guards…
Quote:
“Aw angel balls,” mutters Renhart. “The guard…”

“This way, there’s a back entrance!” Samuel lights up, vaulting over the bar as the guardsmen knock down more and more patrons, no doubt to arrest them!

Renhart hesitates, and then Samuel tosses his purse back to him.

“Truce for now?”

Renhart finally nods. “All right, kid.”

“Keep up if you can, old man!”


Grade: E-
Quote:

The two Monster Hunters are crouched down behind a rocky outcropping. Just beyond, there is the sound of snorting and grunting.

The view pans downward.


The hulking Monsters are in the canyon beneath them, barely a couple of feet below the perch.

Womi and Vestala exchange nods.

And then they leap down from above and strike! A fight!


Grade: D-



The Monster Hunters vs. The Roaming Monsters
At Stake: Monster Trophies!

Quote:
The Monsters roar with anger and pain as the Hunters get the early drop on them. However, they are huge, powerful, and it’s clear that all the Hunters can do is attempt to bleed them dry with a thousand small cuts. The Hunters are fast indeed, but the Monsters’ strikes are fearsome, shattering rock and leaving cracks in the ground.

(Unfortunately, the Monsters also keep getting in one another’s way, and not precisely in a ‘cunningly led into one another’ fashion either).

Womi and Vestala do have a plan though, it appears. Bit by bit, they are leading the Monsters deeper into the gorge. The camera pans outward, and there looks to be some kind of snare set there, perhaps even big enough and sturdy enough to take such towering Monsters down…

But before they can reach that far, it happens.

Womi isn’t fast enough, or perhaps the Monsters are too fast, and she’s caught with a horrifying blow which smashes her against the wall of the gorge. The Monster lets out a triumphant bellow and Vestala shifts her focus to pure defence, dashing out past to the open end of the gorge to pull them away from the motionless Womi.

Another bellow, and a fistful of rocks and debris is flung Vestala’s way, knocking her down with a cry. An almighty crack comes down from above, and part of the side of the gorge breaks aways and falls atop of her.

All of a sudden, the battle is over.

Grade: E
The Monsters are triumphant.

Quote:
The Monsters spend a couple of minutes roaring and bellowing their exultation, smashing a few more things for good measure, before seemingly growing bored of the random destruction and setting off on their way again.

For a time, all is quiet.

Then, the rubble shifts, is flung aside. Vestala emerges from the wreckage. For a moment, her eyes seem to glow red. In an instant, though, it has faded.

She hurries over to the bloodied Womi, and she’s breathing. Vestala lets out a sigh, crouched alongside her comrade. Womi’s eyelids flutter open.

“Messed that one up, huh?” Womi croaks.

Vestala shrugs. “You’re still alive.”

Womi tries to sit up, but falls back down with a cry of pain. “D...debatable.”

Vestala shifts closer, cups the back of Womi’s head. “You’re still alive,” she repeats, more firmly this time.

They share eye contact for a few seconds, and then Womi nods. “Still alive.”

She looks away into the distance, at the now setting sun silhouetted in the sky above the gorge.

“To fight another day.”


Grade: D+
SHOW GRADE: D-

Last edited by Blake Trask : 04-02-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 03-27-2018, 02:01 PM
Voeltzwagon's Avatar
Voeltzwagon Voeltzwagon is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 1,354
Default

Consider me interested. I like the idea.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 03-27-2018, 02:16 PM
BlueStar's Avatar
BlueStar BlueStar is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 703
Default

LOL! Awesome Max Wrestling meets The Hobbit trilogy!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 03-28-2018, 03:26 AM
Blake Trask's Avatar
Blake Trask Blake Trask is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,752
Default

Thanks guys.

This is incredibly silly but I'm having a blast booking for it so far, even though my roster is completely awful.

(we're not actually televised. if we were we would probably get cancelled)

Predictions will probably be mostly just for fun since it's probably going to be pretty hard to determine pushes and so on just from a glance, but I might throw in something as incentive down the line if it picks up.

'TV' GUIDE
CQ SEASON 1 E02 - GUARDED HOSTILITIES
Tonight on Crystal Quest...

- The Monster Hunters continue to track their quarry... what will they uncover on the trail?
- Can Renhart and Samuel stay one step ahead of the law?
- Will we learn more of Charon's enigmatic scheme? Plus, Aloysius receives his first chance to prove his worth.
- What will befall the Merchants in their flight from the bandits?


KEY

The Monster Hunters vs. Scavengers (Jeanie Hopps & Manuia Kaulu)

Renhart the Seeker & Samuel vs. The Guardsmen

Aloysius Fletcher vs. Wastrel (Hector Devoren)


P.S. If you need to know or aren't sure who someone is, feel free to ask. Unless the identities are specifically concealed the name changes are just to have everyone fit the flavour.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 03-28-2018, 05:45 AM
Jon The GOAT's Avatar
Jon The GOAT Jon The GOAT is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,029
Default

The Monster Hunters vs. Scavengers (Jeanie Hopps & Manuia Kaulu)

Renhart the Seeker & Samuel vs. The Guardsmen

Aloysius Fletcher vs. Wastrel (Hector Devoren)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 04-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Blake Trask's Avatar
Blake Trask Blake Trask is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,752
Default

Season 1, Episode 2
'Guarded Hostilities'


Quote:

Our opening leads us to the Monster Hunters. Womi's ribs are bound up, clearly still suffering to some extent from her previous injuries. Still, she manages to match pace with Vestala's long-legged stride without complaint, although her jaw remains clenched tight.

Suddenly, Vestala bounds forwards, heading for a large boulder up ahead, a vantage point which breaks up the flat plains, if only a little. Womi's grimace intensifies and she moves laboriously into a jog. She strains to climb up behind Vestala, who turns and offers her a hand up. Womi takes it, and Vestala hauls her up with ease.

"We still have far to go," the pale woman observes.

"To catch them, or in general?" Womi asks wryly.

"The latter. Are you prepared?"

"Are you?"

The two of them nod as one.


Grade: D+
Quote:

Back on the streets of Tomar, Charon continues to stride purposefully across the cobblestones, Aloysius in tow. The further the pair of them walk, the more run down and ramshackle the buildings get. This isn't the upscale side of town.

The pair of them remain side by side, and Aloysius gives Charon a lingering sidelong glance.

"So, madame, a task is it?"

"Correct. Your ears work."

A smile plays across his face. "If I am to prove my worth, it may first benefit me to know something of what's afoot, madame."

"You will know when it's necessary for you to know," Charon retorts bluntly, not even looking at her companion.

Surprisingly, his smile does not fade in the least. "But of course, madame."

Grade: E+
Quote:

Womi and Vestala stand at the site of devastation. The ground has been churned up, great gouges in the turf speaking to the claws of mighty beasts (or a very thorough scouring of the area with gardening implements). Carcasses and torn up 'meat' litter the area, which is streaked with long trails of blood.

Womi is stone-faced and grim. Vestala just looks kind of hungry.

"This looks recent," says Womi. "We can't be too far behind."

Vestala shakes her head, gesturing to one of the dead creatures, which the camera avoids focusing on too hard. "Some of the splatter here, the beasts were already dead."

"Hm..." Womi takes a closer look, and then nods. "You're right. Smaller teeth marks," straightening up. "They move quickly."

"And hunt viciously."

The video feed takes on a strange sepia tone as we 'flashback' to the roaring beasts tearing into their hapless bleating prey. The costuming quality for the victims is about the same as that of the monsters. So you know, questionable.

Back to full colour. A growl cuts through the air.

The Monster Hunters take up a defensive stance, ready for action. The growl gives way into howling as two 'wolflike' creatures move in to attack! A fight!

Grade: D+

The Monster Hunters vs. Scavengers
Quote:
While the Hunters may have failed to defeat their original prey, they prove more than up to the challenge of some carrion. The Scavengers come on aggressively, and for a brief period use their quickness to harry and harass the Hunters, but the Hunters' counterattack is easily a match for speed.

Womi and Vestala are confident and assured, although their teamwork is still clearly developing and Womi is hampered by her previous injuries. Still, their individual skills enable them to hit a series of heavy blows, badly injuring the Scavengers. The animals, forced into a fight or flight situation, waver, and the Hunters capitalise with verve, swiftly finishing their attackers off.

Grade: E-
Quote:
The Hunters dust themselves off after successfully defending themselves. The pair clasp hands in a firm gesture of solidarity.

"Two more down," says Vestala softly.

"Two more down," Womi agrees.

In the distance, there is the echo of a familiar roar, the two of them turn to face the direction of the noise.

Without words, without even looking at one another, the two of them extend a hand each and tap fists, and then set off in unison.


Grade: E+
Quote:

Renhart and Samuel run through the streets, two yelling Guardsmen hot on their tails. The pair of them duck and dive around obstacles, leapfrogging a market stall, splitting off to either side of a grounded wagon. Behind them, the guards are not nearly so agile, crashing into things, having to shove pedestrians out of the way and just generally making a huge mess of things.

However, as the pair duck into an alleyway, crossing to another street... they're cut off by two more Guardsmen!

Or, well, maybe. They look suspiciously similar to the other two, but they totally have different hairstyles.

"Stop right there criminal scum!" the two of them bark in unison.

Renhart and Samuel exchange glances, which then turn to grins.

They both know they have one another's backs, at least for now. They raise their fists. A fight!


Grade: F- (MOVING ON)

Renhart the Seeker & Samuel vs. The Guardsmen
Quote:
The two ...criminals? don't seem to quite be unified just yet, and rather than combining as a team, they take it into the Guardsmen in what essentially turns into two separate scraps. The Guards are quick, quicker than you might have given regular town watchmen credit for, but what they aren't is cunning. Renhart scoops up a fistful of dirt from the ground and flings it into the face of #1, whilst Samuel leaps up against a wall, kicks off, and delivers a flying attack.

There is a neat little moment of interplay when Renhart and Samuel exchange dance partners, ducking underneath a pair of blows and then swinging to face the opposite guard, something which throws the two of them off even further.

It finishes up as Renhart kicks #2 square between the legs, then tosses his purse to Samuel, who clobbers #1 with it with a most un-money sounding CLONK. #1 goes down, and then Renhart combines with Samuel to grab #2 and fling him bodily in the wall. He rebounds, dropping into a heap on the alleyway floor.

Grade: E

Quote:
The pair share a nod of acknowledgement.

"Looks like you know how to handle yourself, kid."

"Learned a thing or two about life on the streets," Samuel drawls. "You sure you didn't throw your back out, old man?"

Renhart laughs. "How old do you think I am?"

"How young do you think I am?" Samuel counters.

"Hah. Fair."

They resume fleeing. Behind them, the original pair of Guardsmen appear in the mouth of the alleyway, looking at their unconscious fellows with appalled expressions. Notably the originals and the new ones are never quite on screen at the same time.

The Guardsmen look at one another, pale-faced.

"The Captain needs to know about this!"


Grade: E+
Quote:

The steady deterioration of the Tomar buildings has only continued as Charon and Aloysius progress further towards their destination.

Charon stops abruptly, and then gestures towards an alleyway, within which nestles a... well, calling it a 'gate' wouldn't quite be accurate, perhaps more of a threshold. Beyond, the alleyway plunges down a steep set of steps and into darkness.

Aloysius draws up alongside her with a hum of interest.

"Lowtown."

Charon cocks her head towards Aloysius. "Correct. You're familiar?"

"I know of it, madame. We seek to descend?"

"Just so."

"Madame, you become all the more intriguing the longer our association continues," he holds up a finger. "However, if we are to venture far, we will need a guide," a theatrical sigh. "Alas, my knowledge is lacking."

"It's in hand."

"Of course."

Charon takes a step forward, but then stops short. "Aloysius?"

"Yes, madame?"

"That Wastrel just over the way. He is watching the entrance."


The camera pans across. The Wastrel tries to look inconspicuous and succeeds.

Charon's smile is like a razor blade. "You wished to demonstrate your abilities? Demonstrate."

"Surely."

Aloysius -blurs-.

In an instant, he is on top of the Wastrel. A fight!


Grade: E

Aloysius Fletcher vs. Wastrel
Quote:
Problem here; Aloysius and the Wastrel have a really hard time actually making their fight look semi decent. Their timing is badly off, and at several stages, they seem to barely be connecting with any of their strikes.

Problem two; Wastrel is bad. Really bad.

These two issues combine in nasty fashion when Aloysius charges at Wastrel, he goes for some kind of overhead backdrop, overbalances, and nearly causes Aloysius to neck himself. Fletcher leaps to his feet with a furious expression and proceeds to none-too-gently smash Wastrel in the face, knee him in the stomach, and then swing a boot at his head as he sprawls out on the floor.

No question over the victor, here.

Grade: F
Quote:
Aloysius, breathing just a little heavily, wipes a thin streak of blood from the corner of his mouth. He straightens, and then in an instant his composure is perfectly restored, turning to give Charon a genial smile which holds no humour whatsoever.

Charon, however, is already moving past him, stepping through the archway which the Wastrel had been protecting.

"Come now, madame, was that not worthy of comment?" Aloysius's tone is jovial, but there is ice in his eyes.

Charon pauses, and then looks back over her shoulder. "An acceptable performance."

"Acceptable? You wound meó"

She cuts him off. "If you seek praise, then you should seek another companion, Aloysius. If you are as confident as you claim to be, you should not need me to validate you."

He hesitates, his expression shading from immediate indignation to something rather more thoughtful. Charon turns away and begins walking again.

Aloysius slowly strokes his chin, and then follows.


Grade: D-
Quote:

The Merchants tear through the trees, fleeing as fast as their legs can carry them. Both look bedraggled, afraid, and exhausted, and bit by bit, they slow down, reaching the limits of their stamina.

"Do you think we're far enough away?" #1 asks #2.

#2 just shrugs his shoulders helplessly, and the two of them walk onwards, side by side. Periodically, they shift the shiny valuables #2 retrieved from the wagon around, balancing the weight.

"Well, well, well. What have we here?"

The Merchants stop dead on the spot, all colour draining from their faces.


A masked figure sits on a rock ahead of them, hands resting on his knees like the boulder is a throne rather than a terrain feature. He wears a heavy cloak over shiny black leather armour.

"Welcome to my territory. I hope you've brought an appropriate tribute for the king."

They shrink back as he pushes off from the rock and drops lightly to the ground.

We fade into darkness, focused on the Bandit Chief's gleaming eyes.


Grade: E+

SHOW GRADE: E+
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 04-04-2018, 07:24 AM
Blake Trask's Avatar
Blake Trask Blake Trask is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,752
Default

Show thoughts --

* Wastrel (Hector Davoren) is really bad. I knew this, and therefore have only myself to blame for putting him in the main event match.
* Wastrel and Aloysius also had bad chemistry, and Wastrel also almost injured him.
* Why am I paying Ernie Turner 500 a show to colour commentate?
* Angle ratio is 50% right now, I'm probably going to drop it to 40%, since every match is sandwiched (and the matches are short)
* Beggar broke his finger in the preshow, but will be fine.
* All hail angle grades.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 04-04-2018, 10:01 AM
DavidCorperial's Avatar
DavidCorperial DavidCorperial is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 104
Default

This is pretty interesting, I'll make sure to follow.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 04-04-2018, 01:21 PM
Blake Trask's Avatar
Blake Trask Blake Trask is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,752
Default

Thank you.

----

'TV' GUIDE
CQ SEASON 1 E03 - NOWHERE TO RUN
Tonight on Crystal Quest...

- With more and more unwanted attention coming their way, is the luck of Renhart and Samuel about to run out?
- Charon and Aloysius descend into Lowtown, seeking out a guide.
- Can the Merchants protect their valuable cargo in the face of the Bandit Chief?
- The Monster Hunters formulate a plan.


KEY

Wastrel vs. Guard Captain Lewin (Jungle Jack)

Renhart the Seeker vs. Guardsman #3

Samuel vs. Guardsman #4 (still the Gilbert brothers)

The Merchants vs. The Highwaymen

Aloysius Fletcher vs. Mariavel Drox (Miss Mexico)

Last edited by Blake Trask : 04-04-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 04-04-2018, 11:18 PM
DavidCorperial's Avatar
DavidCorperial DavidCorperial is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 104
Default

Wastrel vs. Guard Captain Lewin (Jungle Jack)

Renhart the Seeker vs. Guardsman #3

Samuel vs. Guardsman #4 (still the Gilbert brothers)

The Merchants vs. The Highwaymen

Aloysius Fletcher vs. Mariavel Drox (Miss Mexico)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 04-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Theheel Theheel is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maple Valley, WA
Posts: 674
Default

Very interesting show

Wastrel vs. Guard Captain Lewin (Jungle Jack)

Renhart the Seeker vs. Guardsman #3

Samuel vs. Guardsman #4 (still the Gilbert brothers)

The Merchants vs. The Highwaymen

Aloysius Fletcher vs. Mariavel Drox (Miss Mexico)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 04-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Tiberious's Avatar
Tiberious Tiberious is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin, Land of Cheese and Beer
Posts: 1,718
Default

This is silly, but I'm very much enjoying it.


Wastrel vs. Guard Captain Lewin (Jungle Jack)

Renhart the Seeker vs. Guardsman #3

Samuel vs. Guardsman #4 (still the Gilbert brothers)

The Merchants vs. The Highwaymen

Aloysius Fletcher vs. Mariavel Drox (Miss Mexico)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 04-12-2018, 07:41 AM
Blake Trask's Avatar
Blake Trask Blake Trask is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,752
Default

Show will be up when I get home tonight and add the site formatting.

Thanks for the predictions.

Quote:
This is silly, but I'm very much enjoying it.
What is this nonsense this is clearly the most serious.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 04-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Blake Trask's Avatar
Blake Trask Blake Trask is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,752
Default

Season 1, Episode 3
'Nowhere to Run'

Quote:


Tomar. A man in the garb of the city guard moves unhurriedly down a street. The golden trim of his cloak identifies him as an officer. His eyes sweep back and forth, back and forth. Then, they alight on something, and his nose wrinkles with disgust.


The bloodied Wastrel has managed to drag himself up to his feet, and is leaning heavily against a wall. The guardsman make a rolling noise in the back of his throat and then marches over.

"Move along before I charge you with delinquency."

The Wastrel's eyes widen. "Sir! Good, kindly sir! I was attacked! I was—"

A hand slams into the wall above Wastrel's head. He flinches. "Move. Along."

"But sir, I—"

He's cut off by a backhanded blow to the face. The Wastrel drops, and then the captain is on top of him immediately, cocking back a fist.

Hard to call it this, but... A fight!


Grade: E-

Wastrel vs. Guard Captain Lewin
Quote:
[Pretty short and more than brutal. Lewin takes it to the Wastrel in what's more of an extended beatdown than a proper fight, particularly with Wastrel still hurting from his earlier injuries. At one moment there's a brief hope spot when Wastrel spits blood into Lewin's eyes and gets off a quick flurry of punches to the guardsman's midsection. Lewin doubles over, but then retaliates with an utterly vicious knee that completely drops Wastrel. It's over in an instant.

Grade: E-
Quote:
Lewin looks down at the groaning Wastrel with cold, cold eyes. There isn't even a hint of emotion on his face. The captain adjusts a bracer slightly, and then brushes off some dirt from his breastplate. He steps over Wastrel without even looking down, resuming his earlier patrol.


A Guardsman hurries down the street towards him.

"Captain! Captain Lewin! We have a situation!"

Lewin regards his man. "Explain."

The guardsman squirms like he's the criminal. "We flushed a couple of rats out, but they're resisting arrest. We're having some serious trouble."

"With rats."

The man is almost audibly sweating. "Yes sir."

Lewin looks at him for an uncomfortably long time. "Very well. Lead on."

The guardsman turns, and looks as if it's everything he can do not to just flee.


Grade: E+

Quote:

Out on the plains, Womi and Vestala are moving along at a comfortable jog, eating up the miles with their confident strides. They slow as each spot movement up ahead in a broken up set of rocks, rising up from the ground like enormous tombstones.

"They came straight through here," Womi observes.

"At least they leave a trail."

"Looks like someone's still alive out there," an odd look comes across Womi's face, a mixture of frustration and regret. "We can't afford more failures."

Vestala just shrugs, and the two of them advance.

The scene around the rocks becomes clear as they approach, and it's a grim one. Blood and bodies lie strewn across the ground, two survivors are sprawled across makeshift mats, whilst a third attempts to tend to their injuries. Where the camera focuses, however, is on a fourth individual.


A young, but stern looking woman stands clad in steel, a sword belted at her waist. Her breastplate is embossed with the head of a lion. She seems weary, dirt and blood-streaked, but unhurt. A hand drops to her sword as the Monster Hunters arrive, eyes narrowing to take them both in.

"If you're travelling east, I'd advise against it. Great beasts stalk these plains," her tone is wary and guarded.

Womi and Vestala exchange glances. "Great beasts happen to be our quarry," Womi offers.

The armoured woman raises an eyebrow. "Dangerous game you hunt."

"We're dangerous," Vestala replies levelly.

The woman's grip tightens, and Womi steps forward, hand raised in a warding gesture. "What Vestala means is that we have to be. We're of no danger to you and yours."

Slowly, the armoured woman relaxes. "Very well. These folk have endured quite enough today. It was everything I could do to lure the beasts away," she gives a respectful nod. "Sir Raven of the Bold Order."

"Womi and Vestala, of nobody in particular," Vestala answers in a flat tone that could be sarcasm.

Sir Raven looks at her for a very long moment. "I can't prevent you from pursuing them, but it's a fool's errand. I urge you not to throw your lives away."

"Creatures like that can't be ignored," Womi tips her head back. "This is something we chose."

Sir Raven smiles ever so slightly. "In that case, I commend your bravery and resolve. The creatures... well, I fear pointing you in their direction would insult your tracking capabilities," indeed, the telltale gouges and torn up turf extend immediately from the rocky area. "If you happen to visit Tomar, I would be pleased to hear of your success."

Vestala snorts. "Of course you would. People without the steel to do what needs to be done are always pleased to hear somebody else did it for them."

The knight barks a laugh. "You drove those beasts this way, Monster Hunter. Some of my order would place the blame for these deaths at your feet."

Vestala's expression remains impassive, and she heads straight past Sir Raven, following the trail of destruction, brushing by without another word. After a moment, Womi follows.

"Thank you," she tells the knight softly.

Sir Raven simply looks back to the injured and the dead. "I hope you are dangerous enough."


Grade: D+
Quote:

Now taking shelter in yet another alleyway, Renhart and Samuel are having a moment to breathe for the first time since the tavern.

"Question, Ren."

"Renhart."

"Sure, old man. Question."

Renhart gives him a look. Samuel grins.

"What are you seeking?"

Renhart blinks. "What am I seeking?"

Samuel leans back against the wall, propping his head on linked hands. "Sure. Renhart the Seeker, right? So what's being a-seeking?"

Appearing legitimately caught off guard, Renhart takes a moment to respond. "That's a trade secret, kid."

Samuel makes a face at him. "We're on the run from the law together. Can't you trust me?"

"You tried to rob me."

"You holding that against me? It's ancient history!"

"It was an hour ago."

Samuel just keeps grinning. Shaking his head, Renhart starts smiling too, in spite of himself.

"Anyway..." Samuel pushes off from the wall, swinging his arms. "We need to get off the street."

"Why? It's been working so far."

Samuel shakes his head. "They've caught up to us once already. Guards in this city are like bloodhounds. They don't give up easy."

Renhart strokes his chin for a moment. "I guess I'll listen to the bigger rap sheet."

His companion snorts. "Don't have a rap sheet. Never been caught."

"Let's keep that up then. Which way?"

Samuel wiggles his eyebrows and then points up.

"The roofs?"

"Ayup. Give me a boost."

Renhart shrugs, and then steeples his hands for Samuel, lets him climb up the wall like a spider monkey, clamber up onto the roof...

Directly into a guardsman.


"Seriously!?"

"Stop right there!"


Renhart whips around. Another has appeared at the mouth of the alleyway. He sighs tersely, palming his coinpurse.

A fight!


Grade: E

Renhart the Seeker vs. Guardsman #3
At Stake: Renhart's Coinpurse! (Kind of)
Quote:
A messy brawl ensues around the alleyway. It's more of the same from last time and unfortunately isn't quite as good as what we've already seen tonight.

The two of them do all right, though. Renhart takes control pretty early on, continuing with his dirty tricks from before. The guard gets a moment in the sun where he grabs Renhart by the head and then runs up the wall before planting Renhart with the falling momentum. That gets him groggy for a while, and it's not until Renhart suddenly bunches his coinpurse in his hand and drives it into the guard's abdomen, doubling him over that the momentum swings back.

That's enough for him to ball up both fists and slam them onto the guard's back, then drop a jumping knee straight onto his head.

Grade: F+

Samuel vs. Guardsman #4
Quote:
A daring rooftop battle is taking place simultaneously. Whilst said roof is perhaps a little flatter and sturdier than might be expected, there are certainly chimney stacks and thatching, and there are certainly significant drops at the edges. Samuel appears to be in his element, vaulting over the stacks, at one stage using it as a makeshift hobby horse to leap over and plant the Guardsman with a flying kick. The Guardsman is a pretty agile fellow too, and at one stage manages to drop Samuel with a rolling kick that takes both men perilously close to the edge.

The Guard drags Samuel up and appears to be attempting to arrest him as he stands dazed and out on his feet... but he was just playing possum! Samuel pops up with a rising elbow and then leaps upward, connecting with a scissoring kick to the back of the guard's head. He staggers—and then falls!

Thankfully, there's a stall below with a canvas awning which breaks the Guardsman's fall, but the crash and sound of splintering wood leaves no doubt as to the victor.

Grade: F+
Quote:
Renhart secures his purse again, and then looks up to the roofs. Samuel cheerily waves down from above, and then tosses down a coil of rope.

"Was that up there the whole time?"

"Sure was. I've used this route before. Guess they're getting wise."

Renhart uses the rope to clamber up, and as soon as he reaches the top, Samuel coils it back up and tucks it behind one of the stacks.

"We've still got a ways to go," says Samuel. "Hope you can keep up."

"If they knew you'd come this way, they might know where you're going."

Samuel shrugs. "Then I suppose we better move before the noose tightens too much more."

He runs to the roof edge and then leaps to the next building across. Renhart watches, shakes his head, and then follows.


Grade: E+
Quote:
We cut to another street, dark and dingy. The narrow winding alleys and the barely visible skies make it clear that this is an area of Lowtown.


Down we pan, and a figure clad in a long leather coat leans against a wall. He cups his hands to his mouth, there's a brief flicker of flame, and then a wisp of smoke begins to to curl up from the rolled tube of tobacco between his teeth. His eyes are bright and alert, but his posture is relaxed and laid back, someone at perfect ease both in himself and in this place.

Panting gasps echo from off the walls. After a moment, another emerges from around the corner.


It's the Beggar, still looking worse for the wear, arms pumping madly as he moves at top speed. He skids to a halt alongside the man in leather, who removes his rollie from his mouth and raises an eyebrow.

"Guh... guh..." Beggar's gasping for air, hands on his knees. He takes a huge gulp. "Garrick!"

"Morten, Morten. Take it easy. Calm down," Garrick speaks in a husky drawl.

The Beggar—Morten—takes another few deep breaths. "A woman a-attacked me! Hacton h-hasn't shown up for his meeting either!"

Garrick's eyebrows rise. "A woman? One of the Magistrate's?"

Morten shakes his head. "No. Someone new. Never seen her before. I think she's heading into Lowtown!"

Garrick makes a thoughtful noise, takes a drag, exhales a puff. "You reckon? Can't be having folks muscling in. They'll give our scum a bad name," he says 'scum' almost affectionately, and without a trace of an insult.

Morten nods along eagerly. "Dunno what she's after, but don't you think it's coowince- uh, coende— funny that I get attacked then Hacton don't show up?"

"A coincidence, Morten. And I agree. Never ignore a Morten hunch, right?" Garrick pats Morten on the shoulder. "Let's check out the Den, see what the word is. Drinks on me," he takes another drag and then makes as if to toss the rollie, then pauses, smiles slightly, and hands it across to Morten instead.

The pair set off briskly down the narrow street.

Grade: E
Quote:

"Now now, I'm a reasonable man."

It's hard to tell with his face so heavily concealed, but the Chief conveys the idea of a smirk without actually smirking. He advances towards the cowering Merchants.

"I'm a reasonable man," he continues. "You don't need to die today. You just need to give up what you're carrying."

They back up further, but then stop short with a decisive thump.


"On the other hand..."

The Chief leans in closer, eyes alive with the type of mirth held only by someone who likes to have others at their mercy.

"Maybe you do."

A fight!


Grade: D


The Merchants vs. The Highwaymen
At Stake: Valuable Cargo!
Quote:
This time around, the Merchants don't have anywhere to run, and that ups the stakes immediately.

Their backs are to the wall, and they fight as fiercely as they're able, as fiercely as can be expected for a pair of civilians who are hopelessly out of their depth. The Highwaymen, though, are both powerful and ruthless, and they kick the merchants around with vindictive delight. The Thuggish Bandit, in particular, has a lot of power, at one point lifting #2 off of his feet and hurling him bodily against a tree with a sick thump.

#1 rushes to his aid, kicking the bandit's knee out from underneath him, and then as he buckles, uses his leg as a launchpad to boot him in the head. He goes down, but then his comrade is waiting for her to land, snatching her out of the air with a flat-armed lariat that folds her in half. Unhurriedly, he lifts her onto his shoulders, and then unceremoniously flings her down onto her partner. They're down for the count.

Grade: E
Valuable cargo lost!
Quote:

The trees echo with a hearty round of applause. Bandit Chief, having been watching the entire fracas, approaches with considerable swagger. The Highwayman checks on his Bandit companion for a moment, and then roughly hauls him back up to his feet. He stumbles, but then sets himself.

The Chief looks down upon the two merchants, tutting under his breath.

"You picked the hard way. Too bad for you."

He glances at his lackeys and then back to the motionless merchants. "I'm feeling just a little generous though. You two have rope?"

Highwayman grunts, which apparently translates to 'yes'.

"Good, good. Let's show them around our home, see the sights," he takes another couple of steps forward and crouches down, studying some of pieces that have been scattered around in the wake of the scrap.

Then he leans forward, brushing open #2's shirt.

"Well hello there..." Revealed is a pendant with a small black orb set into it. The Chief pulls it free. "Now, aren't you just the most interesting thing?"

He stands. "Good score, boys. Get them trussed up and we'll celebrate."

The bandits get to binding their captives.


Grade: D
Quote:

Charon and Aloysius are in the same dingy part of the town that we saw Garrick earlier. Once more, the light of the sky is scarcely visible. Charon halts every so often, studying the buildings. On the third such occasion, she holds up a hand, gesturing for Aloysius to stop.

"This one."

Aloysius looks the building up and down. It looks just as ramshackle and run down as all the others, with very little to distinguish it. Charon notices, gestures to the wooden door. In zooms the camera, and engraved there, ever so faintly, is an innocuous little sigil.

Wordlessly, Fletcher bows in deference to the attention to detail.

Charon raps a fist on the door. After a moment, it opens just an inch. Words are exchanged in hushed tones, a hand appears around the edge, gold coins change hands, and then it opens.

We find ourselves in a bar so seedy that with a little dirt you could call it a garden. Grimy figures hunch around tables stained by years of use. Guttering lamps cast a greasy light around the place. A gnarled barkeep stands manning a long slab of stone shaped into what's more or less a bar. Suspicious eyes alight on the pair as they enter, but Charon has eyes only for the solitary figure seated at that bar.


The red-headed woman's sleeves are rolled up, showing lean musculature. She nurses a tankard of something indistinct.

Charon nods towards her.

"Our guide."

Aloysius studies her. "I'm not familiar."

"You do not need to be."

"As you say."

Charon looks at him expectantly. He blinks.

"Madame?"

"Recruit her."

"Madame, I was not expecting—"

"Your expectations have no bearing on mine. Recruit her."

Aloysius's composure is rattled momentarily, but his calm is restored swiftly. He nods and heads over to the woman at the bar.

"Madame—"

She snaps around. Fast.

"What?"

"I find myself in need of a guide," Fletcher purrs, laying on the charm. "And I have heard you are the one to speak to."

She takes a swig. "Don't know you. Don't care."

"But I must insist—" Aloysius reaches for her arm, and she catches his hand. Grins.

Bodily shoves him back.

She rises, bringing up both fists.

"All right. Insist away."

A fight!


Grade: E

Aloysius Fletcher vs. Mariavel Drox
Quote:
Sadly, another Aloysius bout is hampered by some issues with timing, which means that the action suffers. Mariavel and Aloysius seem to be evenly matched for all that, both showing speed and strength in equal measure. Aloysius catches both of Mariavel's hands, manages to pin her down backwards to a table, but then with a hoist and explosive double footed kick, she manages to flip him completely over her head.

That leaves Aloysius dazed and out of sorts, but as Drox attempts to press the advantage, he slips to the side almost on instinct, catching her in a drop toehold which would have been fairly innocuous but becomes downright nasty as it bounces her head right off the edge of the bar. Fletcher than takes control again, driving Mariavel across the tavern with a series of lightning quick strikes, pushing her back and back.

However, it appears this is according to plan.

Drox's hand alights upon a glass bottle, and she swings it around at force, connecting with Fletcher's head! It shatters, Aloysius is on jelly legs, and with a roar, Mariavel grabs him around the waist and smashes him through a table with a slam that a 'wrestling' fan might call a spinebuster.

Fletcher's out.

Grade: E-

Quote:
Aloysius groans in the wreckage of the tavern table, just about moving, but debatably conscious. Drox straightens up, blowing a sweat-streaked lock of hair out of her eyes, and then rolling one shoulder, then the other. An ugly welt has already broken out across her cheek where she collided with the bar, but in spite of a little fatigue, she doesn't seem to be suffering the effects too much. Certainly less so than Fletcher.

Charon, watching her, has that predatory wolf's smile on her face. After a moment, Mariavel seems to sense those eyes on her, and turns.

She nods to Aloysius. "Your man isn't bad. I'm better."

"So it would seem," Charon's smile has vanished.

Drox tilts back her head. "I don't make a habit of working for people who aren't as good as their help."

Charon makes a sound that can only be called a laugh insomuch as it phonetically resembles 'ha'. "I'm better," she echoes.

"Prove it."

Charon gives her a flat-eyed look. "I see no need for that."

"All right then," Mariavel cracks her knuckles. Advances.

Charon's smile returns.

Grade: E

Quote:

Monsters.

They have taken up residence in a basin-like area of the plains, a deep depression surrounded by jagged rocks.


The Hunters are peering across the lip of the basin, side by side as always.

"Lost Crater," Vestala intones. "How appropriate."

"Lost?" Womi glances to her. "Who could miss something this size?"

Vestala freezes like a headlit deer. "You don't know the story?"

"I don't, actually. I'm not from these parts," she pauses, smiles very slightly. "Which you know."

"I..." Vestala still looks uncomfortable. "I'm no bard."

Womi raises an eyebrow.

"...The tale goes that it's named for the lives lost when a great rock fell from the sky and crashed against the earth. I believe a more accurate translation from the Old Tylmian would be 'The Crater of the Lost'."

"Hm," Womi says nothing for a while, and then her eyes narrow. "Let's add two more, shall we?"

Vestala nods once, firmly.

"You have the nets?"

"Of course."

Womi nods now. "Let's do this."


Grade: C-

SHOW GRADE: D-
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.