Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-13-2019, 08:05 AM
Low Minors

Default TEW noob seeking some help (pretty please)

So my only knowledge of the game is around 10-15 hours worth of play time on the Cornellverse, but in preparation for TEW 2020 im hoping to learn the game a lot more and post my saves/progress on my Youtube channel for anyone who enjoys the content.

The reason im posting on the forums is because im looking for some help from the community on what mod(s) are worth playing? i really enjoy the C-Verse as i can get real immersed in the world so maybe one similar as i know there is a nice handful or more out there, or maybe the C-Verse is what i should continue playing? or try another as im fimilar with the older C-Verse versions from 1997 or 2005, or other game worlds like London-Verse or Thunder-Verse.

Im not too picky but something that can be fairly easy to grasp and isnt super overwhelming but can still be enjoyable in the long term even if i started as a local company, as i know 99% of people reading this will have a better understanding than me so any help would be awesome... thanks in advance.
Unread 03-13-2019, 08:13 AM
Super Star

I really enjoy the CVerse and almost exclusively play in the Cverse. The CVerse 97 mod is fantastic. There is a Cverse 2018 mod that is good. King_Bison made a CVerse mod that adds graduates from the Titan Factory -- and that is a really good mod because it adds some new workers but still takes place in the main timeline.

The 05 mod (which is essentially just the original 2005 database updated) is a whole lot of fun.

I do not play any real world mods so I can't comment on them. I know the ThunderVerse is very popular.
Unread 03-13-2019, 09:01 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFresh View Post
So my only knowledge of the game is around 10-15 hours worth of play time on the Cornellverse, but in preparation for TEW 2020 im hoping to learn the game a lot more and post my saves/progress on my Youtube channel for anyone who enjoys the content.

The reason im posting on the forums is because im looking for some help from the community on what mod(s) are worth playing? i really enjoy the C-Verse as i can get real immersed in the world so maybe one similar as i know there is a nice handful or more out there, or maybe the C-Verse is what i should continue playing? or try another as im fimilar with the older C-Verse versions from 1997 or 2005, or other game worlds like London-Verse or Thunder-Verse.

Im not too picky but something that can be fairly easy to grasp and isnt super overwhelming but can still be enjoyable in the long term even if i started as a local company, as i know 99% of people reading this will have a better understanding than me so any help would be awesome... thanks in advance.
If your goal is to get familiar with the Cverse as a whole then start with the 2005 Cverse as TEW2005 was basically the birth of Cverse as we know it. Most of the main stars from TEW 2012 and TEW2016 are just starting out in TEW2005 so you watch them grow.

To me its the most balanced environment as well. I feel like their are so many good companies. NOTBPW is stacked with great workers, CGC is stacked with the DeColts, SWF is obviously stacked, DAVE is amazing, and even TCW has a smaller roster but the talent is there.
Unread 03-13-2019, 08:35 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
I really enjoy the CVerse and almost exclusively play in the Cverse. The CVerse 97 mod is fantastic. There is a Cverse 2018 mod that is good. King_Bison made a CVerse mod that adds graduates from the Titan Factory -- and that is a really good mod because it adds some new workers but still takes place in the main timeline.

The 05 mod (which is essentially just the original 2005 database updated) is a whole lot of fun.

I do not play any real world mods so I can't comment on them. I know the ThunderVerse is very popular.
From preference would you say some of the C-Verse mods are harder to get to grips than others? I saw one called Effganic that has very interesting template so to speak, just undecided on what would be a good choice even though there probably isnt so much to twindle on to be honest haha!
Unread 03-14-2019, 05:46 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFresh View Post
From preference would you say some of the C-Verse mods are harder to get to grips than others? I saw one called Effganic that has very interesting template so to speak, just undecided on what would be a good choice even though there probably isnt so much to twindle on to be honest haha!
This is the first year I've had a proper go with the C-Verse and I can say I think it's ace. It's one of those where you can almost play passively and watch what's happening with the other feds... I mean, you can do that with any of the C-Verse ones, this is just the first I've got properly invested in. With real world mods I find myself disagreeing with the AI too much. C-Verse feels more natural and balanced.