Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 1/2 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-26-2009, 08:49 AM

Default Getting Fired

I've read that you can get fired for dropping down categories twice but am not sure how this works. Do you get fired if

You drop from International 2 levels to regional

You have dropped 2 levels in the entire game (I dropped from national to regional before so worried if I drop from Int-National that will count as my 2nd drop)

If you drop from Int down to national... go back up again and do the same thing straight away?

Hope this makes sense and could do with some help here cos I don't want to get fired at this stage!! Cheers for any help.
Unread 04-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Low Minors

I went from International to National twice in my game and haven't been fired. This was a few years apart though, so not sure if that makes any difference.
Unread 04-26-2009, 10:42 AM
GDS Developer

It's your overall balance. If you rise 2 levels, then drop back down 2 levels, you are back to zero and so will not be fired. It must be "-2" performance overall.
Unread 04-26-2009, 10:58 AM

Thanks very much for that. So as I started at low regional level (with a new company) I should have no worries about being sacked going down to High-National.
Unread 04-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo666 View Post
Thanks very much for that. So as I started at low regional level (with a new company) I should have no worries about being sacked going down to High-National.
Just curious but what is the reason that the ALPHA prez seems to get fired a lot when first starting the game? Are these rules different for the AI, because they seem to be doing fine financially also.
Unread 04-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
It's your overall balance. If you rise 2 levels, then drop back down 2 levels, you are back to zero and so will not be fired. It must be "-2" performance overall.
so does this mean if you start at say Low Level National, so long as you dont fall below that you wont get fired?
Unread 04-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
so does this mean if you start at say Low Level National, so long as you dont fall below that you wont get fired?
That would also seem to mean that if you start as low level regional you can't ever get fired no matter what (at least in regards to popularity), unless I'm misunderstanding?
Unread 04-27-2009, 02:01 AM
Super Star

Well to be fair, it's pretty much impossible to be fired if it's dropping two levels from your starting point. You'd either have to be really terrible at the game, or putting on awful shows just to see when you'd be fired.

I'm not complaining though. Being fired in Adam's games and having to start the game over or sim until a promotion has an opening has always sucked.