Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Super Star

Am I the only one hoping for an improved AI? For hiring, firing, booking? Not only that but companies hiring both members of a tag team? Im my watcher Dean Waldorf was signed to TCW but not Marv Statler. Odd since both are great workers and TCW needs tag teams also.
Unread 12-11-2018, 08:51 PM
Low Minors

Any chance with the full redesign that TEW will work with Apple products (MacOS or iOS)?
Unread 12-11-2018, 10:55 PM
Super Star

Regarding A.I. call-ups from development, I'm curious to how this works. Surely the A.I. can't be intelligent enough to know that they need a wrestler from development in the future. Let's say the advance notice period is one month, I can't imagine that the A.I. knows there's a free roster spot to fill, but only one month from now (or does it?).
Or does the A.I. only call workers if there's no room for improvement anymore?

Really interested on how this turns out.
Unread 12-12-2018, 12:45 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingster View Post
Regarding A.I. call-ups from development, I'm curious to how this works. Surely the A.I. can't be intelligent enough to know that they need a wrestler from development in the future. Let's say the advance notice period is one month, I can't imagine that the A.I. knows there's a free roster spot to fill, but only one month from now (or does it?).
Or does the A.I. only call workers if there's no room for improvement anymore?

Really interested on how this turns out.
If anything I think its more like:

1. AI knows it has hole to fill so it files move from Development
2. Since Dev is human booker it forces the AI to not get the worker right away like they usually would.
3. After whatever the time frame is the worker will immediately go to the main roster
Unread 12-12-2018, 02:01 AM
Low Minors

As someone that plays exclusively with the all female promotions in the CVerse, I am hoping for alot more female wrestlers included in this new updated database/universe. There's been times when I've had to import female wrestlers from other fictional mod to somewhat make up the numbers.
Unread 12-12-2018, 03:30 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwfmark View Post
Any chance with the full redesign that TEW will work with Apple products (MacOS or iOS)?
No. It's still the same (Microsoft) language being used. If you want to use Apple products you'd need to use an emulator.
Unread 12-12-2018, 07:08 AM
Minor League

Little quality of life improvements like this are what seperate top developers from good developers in my opinion. Doing this shows you are thinking about your consumer base and their ease of use experience at the forefront.

These little changes might not seem as game changing to some as the run child companies feature but they will end up being a huge factor for general game-time. Brilliant.
Unread 12-12-2018, 08:11 AM
Major League

I'm happy to see the screen resolution improved, but I'm hoping for the ability to "stretch" the window this time around. I know oftentimes while playing WMMA that I'll have a music app or something in the background and have been a bit frustrated that I had to fully minimize to change a track or check an email or something. It would be nice to tile my screen a little bit.
Unread 12-12-2018, 08:44 AM
Super Star

Ah, huge one today!

Unlike TEW 2013, which seemed outdated to me the moment TEW 2016 was announced, TEW 2016 is still a game I can play and have fun with today. It's so much better than 2013 - which I also love(d). But it's these sorts of quality of life improvements that I was looking forward to. The flash message feature alone is awesome by the sounds of it. Anything to reduce unnecessary clicks. I am a speedrunner, after all. Not in TEW, but in general, hah.

Though that does make me thing. TEW Local to Global speedrun, anyone? I wonder what kind of a time would be possible. Does someone have an educated guess? Using the default data, with optimized strategies.
Unread 12-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Love how the AI can send people like Giant Redwood over and you cant get rid of them. Ever. Youíll try to put them over by booking them to the moon but they simply wonít promote him to the main roster. Would be awesome.
Unread 12-12-2018, 01:50 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
Ah, huge one today!

Unlike TEW 2013, which seemed outdated to me the moment TEW 2016 was announced, TEW 2016 is still a game I can play and have fun with today. It's so much better than 2013 - which I also love(d). But it's these sorts of quality of life improvements that I was looking forward to. The flash message feature alone is awesome by the sounds of it. Anything to reduce unnecessary clicks. I am a speedrunner, after all. Not in TEW, but in general, hah.

Though that does make me thing. TEW Local to Global speedrun, anyone? I wonder what kind of a time would be possible. Does someone have an educated guess? Using the default data, with optimized strategies.
A Local to Global game... I think even really fast... I'm going to guestimate at seven years in game? I don't know. I've never done local-to-global, but knowing how my size has grown or not grown. In my current diary game, I started as local and am at the end of my third year (August in Diary) and am only at small.
Unread 12-12-2018, 01:52 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Love how the AI can send people like Giant Redwood over and you cant get rid of them. Ever. Youíll try to put them over by booking them to the moon but they simply wonít promote him to the main roster. Would be awesome.
I definitely love the idea that they can force me to keep using someone. I also would love if the owner goals for developmental are about getting certain guys to over (much like how they are on the main roster... Like when my SCCW game required me to get and keep Killer Shark at a certain level of overness -- I got him more over and then he refused to resign with me and went to USPW as an instant main eventer).

I also would love if they told me I was changing titles too frequently or infrequently, or blocked me from putting the titles on someone -- especially if I'm able to hire my own outside talent, but can't put the title on them. That would be great.
Unread 12-12-2018, 02:56 PM

Any chance of reworking weight classes to be a bit less '80s WWF? Real wrestling isn't in the era where you need to be a massive muscleman to get pushed anymore.

Also, maybe messing with announcers a bit? In 2016, they pretty much single handedly nerf show ratings to an extent that's frankly ridiculous.
Unread 12-12-2018, 03:01 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tterrag View Post
Also, maybe messing with announcers a bit? In 2016, they pretty much single handedly nerf show ratings to an extent that's frankly ridiculous.
This isnít true. The penalty isnít that big at all
Unread 12-12-2018, 03:13 PM

I've found it to be very large indeed on multiple occasions.

Also it's just incredibly annoying considering there's only a few announcers worth a damn in the entire database.