Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-15-2018, 12:27 PM
All Star

I don't know how but I missed this announcement somehow????

Now that I'm over my confusion I'm super excited for a new TEW! I'm going to get so much life out of just running child companies lol. The on the fly booking has me hyped as well.
Unread 12-15-2018, 01:32 PM
Minor League

On the fly booking is going to be so great. Being able to adjust for injuries, or poor performances in one night tournaments, is going to be awesome. I can't count how many times I've had a challenger get injured with a looming program with the champion on the horizon, and then had to scramble after the show to figure out where to go from there. Now I can see the injury and then make any adjustments, including a potential title change, to ease into a different championship program if necessary.

Adam is killing it with these announcements so far. Child Companies, brand new UI and now On the Fly Booking? It's not like I wouldn't have picked the game up right away anyways, but this is just selling me on the idea that I will have to wrap up my game in 16 before 2020 comes out so that I can move right into the new game.
Unread 12-15-2018, 02:22 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casey View Post
i really like this idea. Being able to adjust the later stages of the card to adapt to earlier happenings... Sounds good. I wonder if you're restricted by the posted show/segment length, or if you can adjust to suit?
I thought maybe we will need the "Everyone Stays For Whole Show" backstage rule.
Unread 12-15-2018, 02:25 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjglvz View Post
I thought maybe we will need the "Everyone Stays For Whole Show" backstage rule.
Ah that's awesome. What if you wanted to reuse a guy who was in the opener but he already left for the night and cant be found because he's not required to stay. Could make those more meaningful.
Unread 12-15-2018, 03:21 PM
Minor League

It would be pretty cool if you don't use that backstage rule, if specific guys would leave early or stay for the whole thing anyways... then you can still make adjustments, but maybe someone out of the box gets a bigger opportunity than usual because the wrestler you wanted to use in that spot wound up leaving before the end of the show.
Unread 12-15-2018, 03:31 PM
Minor League

So on the fly booking allows us to essentially make a change mid-show to our booking.

That is huge. Very huge. Makes it pretty realistic too.
Unread 12-15-2018, 03:43 PM
Low Minors

This has a lot of uses honestly. They're rare but if a disgruntled worker decides to go off script and cut a shoot promo and they're scheduled for later that night, you can either remove them or call an audible and have them get buried as a punishment.
Unread 12-15-2018, 04:48 PM
Rookie

Default Yes

Just saw the announcement!
All the new features looks amazing!

Being able to control your childhood company is something that iv'e wanted to do for a long time. Great to finally see it coming.

Looking forward to reading more!
Unread 12-15-2018, 04:54 PM
All Star

Good stuff Adam!
Unread 12-15-2018, 05:08 PM
Major League

I have to say Iím absolutely HYPED for the announcement about Booking on the Fly! This is something Iíve always wanted, and the ability to be able to write someone off with an angle after an injury or showing up wasted is going to be simply amazing.

What will also be great is sometimes I let the computer decide who wins a match, which means I can now alter the following angle to have that team celebrate or the losers stage a beat-down. Once again this feature adds to the limitless possibilities and freedom I enjoy when it comes to booking a card.

Very nicely done, Adam.
Unread 12-15-2018, 05:14 PM

The part he mentioned about switching identities mid show. I wonder if that means we may get character specific popularity/pushes. So we can have Daniels and Curry Man on the roster with different pushes, someone may complain about losing to Curry Man but not Daniels or something.
Unread 12-15-2018, 06:40 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nickman View Post
What will also be great is sometimes I let the computer decide who wins a match, which means I can now alter the following angle to have that team celebrate or the losers stage a beat-down.

This is exactly what I was thinking of when I read about the feature.

Somehow I didn't buy 2016, but the excitement over 2020 has me playing the Demo to see if I get myself 2016 for my birthday(the 18th) or Xmas.....
Unread 12-15-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsuMirren View Post
I know this is going off topic, but that is the most beautiful portion of a post I've ever read on here. It makes the time spent on the mod worth it, I'm sure my colleagues would agree. If you ever want to ask anything on the UK or European scene then feel free to PM me.
Thanks mate.

Any modders of this game I give big thanks too. I have been teaching myself about territories in the USA prior to me moving to the States. Mostly the Pacific Northwest. I have recently created a local to global game starting as a local Oregon company in 1987.

I have Doc Dean on my roster at the moment.
Unread 12-16-2018, 12:14 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
Hey now! I'm excited, man.

I must admit. The next TEW was going to be the first in the series where I was ready to state that if it's simply written on top of the previous one, and doesn't include some major changes and improvements - especially to UI - I wouldn't be sure if I was going to be buying.

Happy to read that this an ambitious project. And I don't mean that negatively - it's just that TEW 2016 has been serving me quite well, and the things I'm not happy with would probably require a brand new approach to things.

I remember reading a post from Adam where he stated that in the next TEW, he was looking to completely rework the way popularity works, and that has me excited. I do think "popularity" as it stands in TEW 2016 doesn't quite reflect the wrestling business.

I've fallen off the wagon as a wrestling fan since the release of the last game, but I always check out these forums daily in hopes for an announcement of the next TEW game.
I think I can agree with you on the popularity aspect, it has gotten better over the years but it's not as good. I can imagine popularity for a wrestler being linked to their momentum as well as your company level. So then, the goal is always to keep a wrestler's momentum going to get them to be stars but also their storyline successes. At the same time, I don't know how that would affect angles. I am definitely excited to see what he does.
Unread 12-16-2018, 12:25 AM
Minor League

On the fly booking is my personal favorite so far and one change I'll definitely put to good use. Great stuff so far, Adam!