Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-20-2018, 09:15 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfanar View Post
If you have a mix of venues and locations in a Region, will the AI favor one over the other (ie always try to book a venue first or vice-versa)?

Is it possible in some way to ensure that a promotion always runs its shows in a particular location? Imagine a promotion called Steel City Wrestling that Id always want the AI to run out of Pittsburgh.

Btw, I love the feature in concept, just wondering how far we can stretch it.
I definitely love the feature -- because I can, at the very least, book all of my shows to be in the same location -- even if we've outgrown the venue. [In my mind, until a company hits cult they probably aren't traveling that much out of their home location. I would love to see the ability to lock a promotion into a certain location [though Adam responded to me and made it seem like that's not the plan with the feature]. I'm definitely happy with its inclusion and the ability to have a generic venue in a specific location.
Unread 12-20-2018, 09:47 AM
All Star

Curious whether this new feature would allow to setup "free locations" like how WCW hosted Bash at the Beach on "the beach" and Hog/Road Wild at Sturgis.
Unread 12-20-2018, 10:12 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfanar View Post
So an event held in a location is always using a generic venue, correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
In effect, yes.
Could the generic venues/locations be an option we can turn on or off? I'd much rather not have them when playing.
Unread 12-20-2018, 10:33 AM
Super Star

Digging this new feature as well, more so because he wording is better then "Held PPV in South West Generic Location". Looking forward to tomorrows entry and in case I forget Merry Christmas to you Adam.
Unread 12-20-2018, 10:43 AM
Super Star

Pretty cool feature not gonna lie, does this mean the home town fighter thing will work in TEW also?

I hope to see a National Battles revamp soon aswell.
Unread 12-20-2018, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtxyank View Post
Curious whether this new feature would allow to setup "free locations" like how WCW hosted Bash at the Beach on "the beach" and Hog/Road Wild at Sturgis.
Surely at the moment it's...wait for it...just in the name. I have the French venue where the ring is on a river.
Unread 12-20-2018, 12:39 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerglenn View Post
Could the generic venues/locations be an option we can turn on or off? I'd much rather not have them when playing.
I assume it will work like today... If you have an empty venues table and an empty locations table the game will only use generic venues.
Unread 12-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Super Star

I like idea of Locations/ venues. You can use the locations for places that there no known arena that was used for a location. Plus you could MSG for New York and then use location for smaller arenas that is not known what the name actually was for the venue.
Unread 12-20-2018, 01:55 PM
Low Minors

The save game to database thing will be handy for me. I tend to edit data extensively to suit my tastes, and once I get it the way I want it, I may want to try several different games with that data..
Unread 12-20-2018, 03:48 PM
All Star

It's a good feature for today, but i'm hoping for something good tomorrow as it might be the last one of the year. So far I see some good improvements already, but with a year to go I know the more important stuff will come later. Alliances are a big question mark as how that will be handled, so are national battles. And of course, the AI.
Unread 12-20-2018, 04:17 PM
Major League

I canít say the AI bothers me TOO much, as I personally donít really pay much attention to the opposition companies. Iíd LOVE to see the Auto Booker improved somehow though (which I guess relates to AI), as even though itís an awesome concept, itís one I rarely use.

What Iíd love to be able to do is just click a button that adds a random match. Not one where I have to specify if itís singles or tag team or Main Event or Lower Midcarder, but one where you just click a button and it randomly adds a match to your card, and the AI decides the pushes (it could be a squash for all I care) and the match type and then all I have to do is decide whether I want to keep it or not.

Iím happy to book my own angles and major matches on a show, it would just be nice to ďfill in the gapsĒ in a quicker and more efficient way. Would greatly reduce the time in booking shows.

I would also like to say Merry Christmas to Adam and all of you on this fantastic board if I donít post again beforehand. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday period with loved ones.
Unread 12-20-2018, 04:30 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nickman View Post
I canít say the AI bothers me TOO much, as I personally donít really pay much attention to the opposition companies. Iíd LOVE to see the Auto Booker improved somehow though (which I guess relates to AI), as even though itís an awesome concept, itís one I rarely use.

What Iíd love to be able to do is just click a button that adds a random match. Not one where I have to specify if itís singles or tag team or Main Event or Lower Midcarder, but one where you just click a button and it randomly adds a match to your card, and the AI decides the pushes (it could be a squash for all I care) and the match type and then all I have to do is decide whether I want to keep it or not.

Iím happy to book my own angles and major matches on a show, it would just be nice to ďfill in the gapsĒ in a quicker and more efficient way. Would greatly reduce the time in booking shows.

I would also like to say Merry Christmas to Adam and all of you on this fantastic board if I donít post again beforehand. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday period with loved ones.
Nickman I would love this as well. Just the ability to add random filler matches after you fill out your card would be great.
Unread 12-20-2018, 09:07 PM
Low Minors

I am going to do my first mod in about a decade. I've been debating a few ideas in my head, but what would be the most interesting to you folks?

a) 1995 (USA is not good, but lots of great promotions, Japan and Mexico are HUGE)

b) Early 80s (territories)

c) I like the idea of a database that has wrestlers/promotions etc.. from a variety of generations at the same time. I'm thinking something like the Y2K virus causes the world to go haywire. January 1st 2000 sees people from all over time mixed up all over the place with history wiped out.

It is now 2020 and wrestling now has 20 years of history, but it's all mixed up. John Cena was the WWE's biggest star and Bruno Sammartino is there current top star. Shawn Michaels is an up and comer, while Randy Orton is a veteran. Stuff like that.

Any interest?
Unread 12-20-2018, 11:57 PM
Minor League

I hope we get some sort of feature with companies belts being defended in other companies. Maybe a deal which both companies have to been working an agreement and sign a contract?

I mean.. it's not a huge deal but man would that make the game so much better. We've seen it happen all the time in the real world.

ROH title at NJPW

FIP titles at ROH

TNA title at NJPW

GHC World Title at TNA

RevPro at NJPW.

Im sure theres more of examples like this I just really want it to be a feature in the game.
Unread 12-21-2018, 03:10 AM
All Star

A few questions, linked one to another, to Adam Ryland regarding the new venue-location entry:

1) Booking one show to a location or venue with the same attendance in the same region will have a difference on the show importance, rating and costs?

2) There will be a difference regarding of show importance, rating and costs if the venue and location have different reputation? For example Manhattan has good reputation while Madison Square Garden has excellent.

3) This could potentially lead to a suggestion posted in the right sub forum. Is it indoors-outdoors or weather considered as a new option for location and venues? To make a quick example if I have as a venue Lambeau Field (home stadium of the American football franchise Green Bay Packers) or Green Bay as location it would be difficult to hold a show there during winter time while in summer it would be easier.

In any case, what a good news is TEW 2020 and I'm looking forward to it.