Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-19-2019, 02:55 PM
Super Star

Quote:
That would be so much more user friendly. If it is the same as you mention we will probably underestimate how big of a change it is until we get the game.

I do think the angles need a lot more factors, I find it’s so easy to get A rated angles with workers lower down the card, and the ones higher up sometimes it feels like you can’t fail to get one. I’m hoping the mention of us choosing something like ‘fighting’ is part of a bigger change in terms of how we book them. Having road agents notes seems like it could be.
It was mentioned in the entry that angles now have more random factors that go into them, making it less of a guaranteed thing to score those As.
Unread 02-19-2019, 03:02 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
It was mentioned in the entry that angles now have more random factors that go into them, making it less of a guaranteed thing to score those As.
Yes I was just trying to say why I agree with it
Unread 02-19-2019, 03:05 PM
Super Star

Ah, I was being a dumb-dumb. Disregard me.
Unread 02-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
Fighting is literally just another category to rate a worker on.... like Entertainment or Overness.
See, that's what I was thinking, which is what led to my confusion with what peter was saying above.
Unread 02-19-2019, 05:19 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemuFoundation View Post
Ah, I was being a dumb-dumb. Disregard me.
No mate I probably didn’t type it in a way to make it look like that. I find using mobiles for forums easy to either misread things or not type things in Ann easy to read way lol. I’ve done both in this thread alone
Unread 02-19-2019, 05:25 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink625 View Post
See, that's what I was thinking, which is what led to my confusion with what peter was saying above.
Yes, I was hoping for the ‘rated on’ to be replaced with, beats up, promo, fights etc. And replacing ‘major loss’ etc, to be replaced so we would choose x beats up y.

I totally misread the entry, thinking this had changed when reading it again it appears that ‘fights’ is added as another thing to be rated on such as menace etc.

But hopefully the fights will still take into account different attributes.
Unread 02-19-2019, 05:33 PM
Rookie

I'm not sure if "Fighting" would be a skill category for the workers. When you choose to base an angle based on "Fighting," it could be a combination of factors like Brawling + Selling + Charisma, kinda like how "Entertainment" is a combination of Mic + Acting + etc...
Unread 02-19-2019, 08:55 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
Fighting is literally just another category to rate a worker on.... like Entertainment or Overness.
I'm just wondering what stats make up the calculation, since I personally doubt that there will be a new "Fighting" stat implemented to the workers. Is it calculated from a combination of top-row + performance + Overness stats similar to how match ratings are calculated (since fighting angles share some similarity with actual in-ring action), or is it more slanted towards other stats like Acting, Stiffness, etc? Or a combination of ALL of those(which realistically it should, but it seems rather over-complicated for the purpose)?
Unread 02-19-2019, 09:44 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocke View Post
I'm just wondering what stats make up the calculation, since I personally doubt that there will be a new "Fighting" stat implemented to the workers. Is it calculated from a combination of top-row + performance + Overness stats similar to how match ratings are calculated (since fighting angles share some similarity with actual in-ring action), or is it more slanted towards other stats like Acting, Stiffness, etc? Or a combination of ALL of those(which realistically it should, but it seems rather over-complicated for the purpose)?
I assume it is just the two highest top row stats + selling or charisma whichever is higher? Idk
Unread 02-19-2019, 09:52 PM
Super Star

I griped about the WMMA5 journal for only having a few really good entries, even though I love the final product and think it's Adam's best game. The majority of entries so far in this Developer's Journal have been great stuff.

It's a safe bet that the same structure will also work with matches, which has me so excited.
Unread 02-20-2019, 08:27 AM
Super Star

Regarding the new contract system: It seems like touring contracts will no longer exist, which I find interesting. But I guess with the new system comes more flexibility, too, which might make touring contracts redundant?
Unread 02-20-2019, 08:44 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingster View Post
Regarding the new contract system: It seems like touring contracts will no longer exist, which I find interesting. But I guess with the new system comes more flexibility, too, which might make touring contracts redundant?
They wouldn't really make sense under the new flexible system as a tour could be a single day or never really end.
Unread 02-20-2019, 01:08 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
They wouldn't really make sense under the new flexible system as a tour could be a single day or never really end.
Oh, right. I had already forgotten about the changes in show scheduling.
Unread 02-20-2019, 01:54 PM
Low Minors

Looking at the “talk to worker” and “improved contract” logs makes me wonder whether we might now have options like threatening or begging workers who are considering going to a rival promotion. Something like “If you leave, I will bury you” or “You can leave, but at least stay till the PPV so we can hand off your belt.” It was hard to tell.

Along those lines, this also may be the implication of the handshake contracy, but I think it would be awesome if wrestlers who were happy with you would approach you and say, like “I have this offer from another company, BUT I like working for you, so if you give me X & Y I’d be willing to stay.” Rather than now where we have to sort of guess. It would also give us another reason to make sure our workers were happy.
Unread 02-21-2019, 04:52 AM
Super Star

The most recent developer's journal mentions road agents as part of angles now. It would be neat if that meant that you could get different kind of road agents, or "writing staff" that were specialized on that aspect. Maybe a different skill set is required to make a good angle than it would to guide wrestlers to a good match?