Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-06-2019, 06:46 PM

Default Real World 2003 - PRIDE FC vs UFC mod

Hey all,

I have been a big fan of the mods on here for some time and wanted to see if I can give back with some of my own that I have been creating. I recently started looking into creating a mod for 1997 to refresh the fantastic WECNeverDie's mod. However, I have seen that Suede has been putting a lot of hard work into this currently, which I have been keeping tabs on for some time. Because of this I thought I would instead turn my attention to a little later on.

I am now instead working on a new mod based in early 2003 before the big PRIDE Middleweight Grand Prix. I have used a lot of the characters from both Tag01's present day mods & WECNeverDie's 1997 mod, but I hope to make some tweaks in order to make this as unique as possible. I hope this is OK with both mod makers. I am also using the original 1997 picture pack for this, but I would be interested in seeing if I could refresh this too. This would be something that would be much further down the line though.

Here is where I am at. Currently I have added:

674 Characters
13 Companies
1271 Pre Game Results
275 Pre game shows

I wanted to focus on the fighters who were competing in 2003 first and get the balance right with them. The future fighters can then be added in later on. I am worried currently I am making some of the PRIDE fighters too powerful so any tips on how to balance this out would be appreciated.

I have added all Pride, UFC, WEC, & Pancrase events & results into the game upto the start of 2003 and I am currently going through Shooto. These may need a little tweaking in future but for now, I am just getting as many as I possibly can added. Like I have seen in Suede's 1997 mod thread, I want my mod to also be as detailed as possible and I like the fighters histories to be as accurate as I can, so this is something I also want to push for (it also gives me an excuse to go back and watch some great fights).

Also, there may be a few others I need to add later on as some characters were missing while I was adding the results but I feel this might be something I can tweak before the mod is released. The current plan is to get a functioning version of the mod out first and then throw a few updates later on down the line and make any tweaks.

I am a little apprehensive to put a time frame on this, but it is something I want to release as soon as possible (I want to start my own game with this!). This is the first time I am going to be making a mod for this game, bar my own tweaks and edits here and there. Any help / constructive criticism welcome.
Unread 02-07-2019, 04:46 PM
Rookie

Awesome. PM if you need anything or I can help. Creating the event results is a killer..
Unread 02-07-2019, 05:51 PM

Thanks man, appreciate the offer and same to you as well. Yes, it is indeed a killer!
Unread 02-07-2019, 06:26 PM
Rookie

Sounds dope. Look forward to it!
Unread 02-25-2019, 03:24 AM

Always super happy to hear someone working on a real life mod! Can't wait!
Unread 03-18-2019, 09:04 AM

Looking forward to it!
Unread 03-18-2019, 12:20 PM
All Star

Kudos and thanks for all the work you are putting into this. Live that time frame, will definitely play it. A simple tip, though, if you are already aware that some of the Pride fighters are op, you will need to need asap before you advance too much and then it becomes environment harder. Testing to find balance will be your friend.

And I suggest you find some beta testers if you can. Especially of the kind that know their way around the game. Good luck and look forward to playing many hours of this.