Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-21-2016, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12345 View Post
Yea, main event and upper mid-carders get everything. My popular women's division wrestlers sell well also (regardless of heel/face) so they get everything with Medium production as well.

Openers, Enhancement talent, and the like get no production. I think of it as Jeff Hardy in 1994-1996. WWE wasn't making him any toys or posters for being a jobber.

So really I start production of toys with midcarders and up (just for the fun of saying they have toys). I do posters for midcarders and up.
For Fox Mask and American Cougar, who are in my midcard as faces, I just do toys-posters-misc-hats. I figure either misc or hats would represent making their high prestige mask available for sale.

Announcers, Authority Figures, and Managers don't sell very well either fyi
I think, if you can find one that sells less than awful, and get him up the card, then he will rise accordingly, to maybe average as a midcarder. Seems to me, star quality will affect it, and charisma..
Unread 02-21-2016, 05:43 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
So, when you find a heal that sells, say average, you should turn them, and they should make more, would you agree..
Yea it's what I did with KC Glenn. It worked like a charm. Interestingly enough I didn't complete his turn until the last day of the month at the PPV, and he still got the effects as if he had been a Face all month.

Quote:
I think, if you can find one that sells less than awful, and get him up the card, then he will rise accordingly, to maybe average as a midcarder. Seems to me, star quality will affect it, and charisma..
Well, anyone sells awful. Awful is the worst possible value. An opener who sells weak would be anomalous, but I'm not sure it's possible.

I have to also try this again with different product styles when I get a chance to see if that affects it. I'm just too deep into my APWF game to even do that right now though
Unread 02-21-2016, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yea it's what I did with KC Glenn. It worked like a charm. Interestingly enough I didn't complete his turn until the last day of the month at the PPV, and he still got the effects as if he had been a Face all month.

Well, anyone sells awful. Awful is the worst possible value. An opener who sells weak would be anomalous, but I'm not sure it's possible.

I have to also try this again with different product styles when I get a chance to see if that affects it. I'm just too deep into my APWF game to even do that right now though
So, it stands to reason that a poor selling face should be a heel then, I would say.. It is something I will look into I reckon, just because I haven't tried it.. I am just waiting for a month or so, it's nearly my end of year show, so that month will be the first month.. I am just moving my charismatic star quality guys up the roster in anticipation..
Unread 02-21-2016, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

Yeh, maybe a lower midcarder may shift a few units, but thinking about it, openers maybe asking a bit too much.. I will try and get my younger openers up to lower midcarder, and start trying from there I reckon..
Unread 02-21-2016, 06:24 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
Yeh, maybe a lower midcarder may shift a few units, but thinking about it, openers maybe asking a bit too much.. I will try and get my younger openers up to lower midcarder, and start trying from there I reckon..
Yup exactly. When you have a heel who could sell a lot. It's worth it to turn him face.

It interestingly creates a WWF vs WCW theory of what you prefer. Company carried by a heel (nWo - Hogan, Nash, Hall) which is interesting, or company carried by a heroic babyface (Cena, Hogan, Austin) which sells better to mainstream audiences.
Unread 02-21-2016, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yup exactly. When you have a heel who could sell a lot. It's worth it to turn him face.

It interestingly creates a WWF vs WCW theory of what you prefer. Company carried by a heel (nWo - Hogan, Nash, Hall) which is interesting, or company carried by a heroic babyface (Cena, Hogan, Austin) which sells better to mainstream audiences.
I am hoping that the faces won't need to win to sell, if I book them to lose against higher pop guys, then I can still be flexible regarding who wins or not, but yeah, I am bound to find a guy that sells more than where I want him on the card, at least I expect to..
Unread 02-21-2016, 08:09 PM
All Star

You know I was always scared to tinker with the custom merchandising...but seeing your results I think I might give this a shot.
Unread 09-14-2017, 05:24 PM
Phenom

Huge bump but did anyone notice if holding a championship help boost sells? I would imagine that a main event heel that currently holds a ME belt would sell more than a mid card babyface.