Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-11-2017, 05:08 PM

Default 2 suggestions that would be fun and probably easy

So my first suggestion comes from doing more of an RTG kind of playthrough. When doing one of those, like one of my saves currently are, I tend to do auto-booking so that I don't book my character every show and all of that. However, when doing the auto-booking feature, instead of the AI putting a good number of matches in, it puts a small amount of matches in and runs them for a longer amount of time than the wrestlers are usually able to go without penalties. I understand that the game is all about booking for yourself and I know there's another game out there with more of an auto-booking single player mode, but I feel like it wouldn't be too hard of a fix to just adjust the auto-booking feature a little bit to be more reasonable to wrestler's stamina and booking more matches. I do have other saves where I book the show myself, including the one I'm doing on Twitch, so I do take advantage of the booking aspect otherwise. And I know that the other game exists out there for an auto-booking single player experience, but I like the idea of being able to handle the roster and company and everything that goes on while also having my wrestler character being auto-booked in shows. So I guess more of an owner/wrestler role without the booker aspect except for small changes here and there. Anywho, that'd be my long worded suggestion, to tweak the auto-booking enough to allow for shorter and more matches.

My second suggestion will have less words to it. I'd like to see the gimmick ratings expand beyond its current limitations and have every gimmick possibility have a rating. This would be the Unique, Gimmicky, etc. gimmicks. I really like a lot of the gimmicks possible under those categories, but also really like trying to get wrestler's gimmick ratings to increase, which aren't possible with no ratings for those. Even if they're just a basic rating based off of the rest of their gimmick ratings, that'd be great. Thanks.
Unread 10-13-2017, 01:17 PM
Minor League

I believe that your first suggestion is actually already in the game. If I am correct, when using the auto-booker, it would book your show the same as it would if it were an AI promotion... meaning that if your product in the editor is set for 20 minute matches being the norm, that's what the auto-booker is going to put together.
Unread 10-15-2017, 05:14 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDaredevil05 View Post
So my first suggestion comes from doing more of an RTG kind of playthrough. When doing one of those, like one of my saves currently are, I tend to do auto-booking so that I don't book my character every show and all of that. However, when doing the auto-booking feature, instead of the AI putting a good number of matches in, it puts a small amount of matches in and runs them for a longer amount of time than the wrestlers are usually able to go without penalties. I understand that the game is all about booking for yourself and I know there's another game out there with more of an auto-booking single player mode, but I feel like it wouldn't be too hard of a fix to just adjust the auto-booking feature a little bit to be more reasonable to wrestler's stamina and booking more matches. I do have other saves where I book the show myself, including the one I'm doing on Twitch, so I do take advantage of the booking aspect otherwise. And I know that the other game exists out there for an auto-booking single player experience, but I like the idea of being able to handle the roster and company and everything that goes on while also having my wrestler character being auto-booked in shows. So I guess more of an owner/wrestler role without the booker aspect except for small changes here and there. Anywho, that'd be my long worded suggestion, to tweak the auto-booking enough to allow for shorter and more matches.

My second suggestion will have less words to it. I'd like to see the gimmick ratings expand beyond its current limitations and have every gimmick possibility have a rating. This would be the Unique, Gimmicky, etc. gimmicks. I really like a lot of the gimmicks possible under those categories, but also really like trying to get wrestler's gimmick ratings to increase, which aren't possible with no ratings for those. Even if they're just a basic rating based off of the rest of their gimmick ratings, that'd be great. Thanks.
Outside of Heel and Face they can't be increased. I recently suggested that you should be able to increase these as well.
Unread 10-16-2017, 05:03 AM
Low Minors

Quote:

Which game is that?
Unread 10-26-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
I believe that your first suggestion is actually already in the game. If I am correct, when using the auto-booker, it would book your show the same as it would if it were an AI promotion... meaning that if your product in the editor is set for 20 minute matches being the norm, that's what the auto-booker is going to put together.
I haven't seen anything in the editor about setting a certain amount of minutes for matches in the product at all. If it's in there and I'm blind to it, I apologize, but I haven't seen anything to adjust that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
Outside of Heel and Face they can't be increased. I recently suggested that you should be able to increase these as well.
Maybe I'm not remembering right, but I've had saves where my wrestlers' gimmick ratings increased over time depending on how over their gimmick was and the product I've run. Pretty sure this happened when I was doing an RTG save and watched my own character's gimmick ratings increase when I was using a gimmick associated with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy View Post
Which game is that?
It's the Wrestling Spirit series that Grey Dog has for sale. You take control of a single wrestler and guide them through a career while going more in-depth with what moves to do during the match and all that.
Unread 10-27-2017, 01:40 PM
Minor League

Must have been an older version of TEW, but I swear that you used to be able to set it so that the AI would book main event, midcard and lower card matches to certain time-frames.
Unread 10-29-2017, 05:46 PM
All Star

Quote:
Maybe I'm not remembering right, but I've had saves where my wrestlers' gimmick ratings increased over time depending on how over their gimmick was and the product I've run. Pretty sure this happened when I was doing an RTG save and watched my own character's gimmick ratings increase when I was using a gimmick associated with it.
Nope because I consulted Adam in the tech forum when I thought that it wasn't working correctly when another forum user assured me it was implemented in TEW 2016. He confirmed that gimmick scores can not grow. In RTG you can roll to better your gimmick scores but gimmick scores can't grow without the player editing them.