Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-13-2017, 04:29 PM

Default Game will not open for some reason

This is an issue for both WMMA4 and TEW2016 but I'm posting it here. Out of nowhere, neither game will open at all. I tried redownloading the .exe's for both, did nothing. Not sure if I need to just uninstall and reinstall the game or something. It asks for permission to open it with admin, but after i click yes it just doesn't do anything. Nothing shows up in the task manager or anything.
Unread 09-14-2017, 02:00 AM
Super Star

That sounds like your anti-virus updated (or switched to a new one) and is blocking the games from launching, which happens from time to time with several anti-virus programs (it's a false positive). You'll need to go in and set an exception for those two .exe files, which varies depending on the anti-virus program.
Unread 09-14-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartman View Post
That sounds like your anti-virus updated (or switched to a new one) and is blocking the games from launching, which happens from time to time with several anti-virus programs (it's a false positive). You'll need to go in and set an exception for those two .exe files, which varies depending on the anti-virus program.
Did so for all both AVG, MalwareBytes, and Defender just in case. Didn't work.
Unread 09-14-2017, 05:21 PM

TEW is now working, after reinstalling into a different folder and using the exe in the original one, it seems to work? I have no idea what is going on.

Last edited by Adam Ryland : 09-15-2017 at 02:33 AM.
Unread 09-14-2017, 05:36 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand finally, I fixed it. Didn't think it would work, but weirdly, adding my exe from the original folder worked. So I'm thinking that for whatever reason, that path to the program files folder I had the games set up was screwed? I have absolutely no idea.
Unread 10-12-2017, 02:11 PM

I've just updated Windows and it's not working, I'm having the same issue. Click to open, get the Admin prompt, nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same issue. Installed into a new folder. Asked me to troubleshoot it, tried various compatibility options in the trouble shooter and nothing.

TEW isn't showing correctly in the Apps and Features section of Windows 10 either, shows as "Unavailable".

Any tips on how you fixed it? I'm tempted to restore the OS to be honest.
Unread 10-13-2017, 02:29 AM
GDS Developer

What do you mean by updated Windows? Do you literally mean you just ran the regular updater, or do you mean you've upgraded from one version of the operating system to another?
Unread 10-13-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
What do you mean by updated Windows? Do you literally mean you just ran the regular updater, or do you mean you've upgraded from one version of the operating system to another?
Regular update. Good old shut down and update job.
Unread 10-13-2017, 12:50 PM

Thank you for responding, also!
Unread 10-13-2017, 01:00 PM
GDS Developer

I would suggest installing the demo and running that - if it works and the retail copy doesn't it would show that it is your license that is the issue and you'd therefore need to contact Scott. If it also doesn't work then something deeper has gone wrong and it's likely that an operating system file has been corrupted \ removed \ damaged.
Unread 10-13-2017, 01:22 PM

Thank you for this advice! The trial version does indeed work. What's the best way to contact Scott about my licence (Not ever had an issue before so this is all new to me!)
Unread 10-14-2017, 02:30 AM
GDS Developer

Please see the Elicense FAQ, pinned above, it contains all the information you could ever need regarding licensing and contact details.