Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-18-2017, 10:26 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Trask View Post
If you access the editor from the main landing screen (so before new game or loading or anything like that), you can access the database you're using.

If you then go to 'workers' on the editor, you can freely add new workers, which will allow you to build your RTG character from scratch. You can pick them as a user character in the drop downs at this point too so that they don't show up in your non-RTG games if you don't want them to.

I tend to have a calculator program up at 750 and then deduct points every time I give the worker a stat, but that might not work for everyone.
Got it! Thanks!
Unread 09-18-2017, 11:49 PM
Phenom

First attempt at this. I went super simple with "pick 10 skills and bump them to 75" method. Playing the default data.

After 1 year:

Year 1
-Rolled a 34. “Healing Hands” Over the holiday season you book yourself in for several massages and physio appointments. +7.5 to all Physical Condition.
-Found chemistry with Christopher Ball.
-Making profits in the first year, but it works because there's only 6 workers who all make under $200.
-Grace Harper is our owner/color commentator. I actually decided to leave it unowned to start and let fate decide who would buy the company.
-Company is using the "Old School Rasslin'" preset.
-Anytime a new worker is available who is cheaper than someone on the roster, I fire the more expensive worker.
Unread 09-19-2017, 10:44 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
Trying out a RTG for the first time in a long time. Got two years into it before. My RTG character is "Hi-5" Louis Robinson. RNG'd name, self-titled nickname. Here's how we look after year one:

First roll was #28, so we got +5 on basics. Getting steady increases in both Performance and Entertainment skills, but slow moving on Physical and In-Ring Skills. Hopefully those will start cranking up when I get to put on more shows.

I'm still running my local fed, and finally starting to turn profits. Attendence is now in the 50s, and keeps going up. We're still in the red, but only $2500.
Year 2 Update:

Again, Performance and Entertainment is going up steadily, but physical and in-ring is moving at a slower pace. Reputation is up to High though, so I could start my own company. Got roll 54, so Menace and Toughness is up.

Finally got to small, and passed all of my owner goals. Either I ride it out with my current company or start a new one to compete on a bigger stage. Any thoughts? How soon do y'all start a new company?

Also, Bret Hart got caught for prostitute use. He's toxic now, but he could be the face of a company on a Cult-level.
Unread 09-23-2017, 04:11 AM
Living Legend

WPL, January 1 2023

* Rich! Having been running at a 5 figure monthly loss thanks to our 5 shows a month schedule into late 2022, 2023 saw us bringing in the money money, yeah yeah! By the end of the year, we were banking 150k+ a month and have just broken the cool $1,000,000 for the first time, even though we raised our various production levels up to the point where we were at least level with every sub-Cult fed out there – well ahead, in many cases. We also added Mitch Naess to the commentary team, benefitting from Alex Braun being our owner and colour guy. With Craig Prince also joining as our road agent, we have a out-of-ring setup that’s on a par with practically anyone in the business.

In 2023 we’re likely to push ahead and try and steal a march on our rivals. We scored our first A-grade match at our season finale show in December, and only IPW otherwise have managed that among the sub-Cult feds. Heck, take IPW (3 A, 6 B+) out of the running and there are only 7 B+ matches spread across the active sub-Cult American feds. WPL have 3 of those.

So close...

WPL, meanwhile, are the #4 company in the US behind the obvious top 3. We’ll spend a long time catching up to TCW, but in truth our shows are every bit as good as theirs are right now.

* Running 5 shows a month mean plenty of recycled matches, of course, but with a roster of 32(!) split 50:50 between the pushed and unpushed, we rarely ran into booking penalties. James Casey vs. Danielle Sweetheart ran 4 times in the second half of the year, but the last one capped our first B+ show, so it’s all good.

* My user character was the unequivocal MVP of WPL this year. Beginning a third WPL title reign in September, he began to deliver A-grade performances in matches, plus A-grade angles, capped with the aforementioned A-grade match. With some extra work the A* seems reasonably in reach. Best guess, it’ll come against one of the Stone cousins or Danielle Sweetheart.

* A year ago, American Elemental 2 would have been my guess for the A* opponent, but young AmEl seems disgruntled in WPL of late. We brought back Claire Winters from her painkiller addiction-inspired firing, which cheered him up briefly (they’re dating and have a kid together) but by year end he wasn’t firing on all cylinders. Perhaps spending some time out of the limelight bothered him – he was WPL champion for 19 out of the 29 months to May 2022, but results were more mixed for him afterwards. He even got pulled up into Wrestlers’ Court for being a dick at one point.

* As for his honey, sadly firing her didn’t cure her addiction, nor did the fine she got when tested 6 weeks after returning (I meant to test her before completing on her contract, but I forgot). Instead she sits on the roster, nominally a main eventer but really a gatekeeper to that hallowed turf. Had I not planned out a storyline involving AmEl2 turning and them hooking up on-screen as well as off, forming a faction of heels to get a white-hot push and carrying us onwards and upwards, well, I’d have probably canned her. Again. As it is, she’s a ticking timebomb, and I’m hoping one of the rolls will allow me to tick the reformed box for her...

* In December 2022 we debuted the All Action title with a view to having dramatic matches held using ladders, overhead wires and the like. While WPL is – I should have known this – either too poor or too straight-laced to go in for shenanigan-based matches, we can still break out the odd ladder and the AA belt makes for a good High Spots/Steal The Show match, which happens to be one of our product requirements. Since being first claimed by Catalina Vazquez (7 defences), it’s gone to Lauren Easter (4), Lucy Stone-McFly (12), Texas Hangman (4), Kid Fantastic (4), Nancy Massive (7), Seth Whitehead and now onto regen Clyde Cope. By and large the AA belt is contested in matches without set winners, so apparently whoever can shoot better than walks away with the strap each night.

* In December 2023 we decided to debut a tag title, especially as our weekly show quickly started to feature 2, 3 or even all 4 matches as tag bouts. A field of 2 regular tag teams (Needham & Liotta and regen pair Greenhead & Redhead) + 2 pairs of singles with chemistry (Remmy Honeyman/Seth Whitehead and Ariel Breaks/Charity Sweet) was padded out with 4 pairs of singles without key storyline roles (Josh Jones/Reilly Patton, Kid Fantastic/Catalina Vazquez, Jack Bruce regen/Deuce Deadline and regens of Nathan Coleman/April Appleseed), and we were off to the races. The 8 team tournament ran through November and early December and was capped with the final taking place at our December, season finale, event, where Ariel Breaks and Charity Sweet were crowned the inaugural champions. The tag title match will likely kick off most shows, as it’s a great way of getting the fans’ blood pumping.

* What to do about the product problem? WPL have two midcard workers on board, Kid Fantastic and Natalie Danzig, who consistently out-perform their higher-pushed peers. Fantastic is a spot monkey, Danzig a cruiserweight, and neither is really best-suited to WPL (Key feature: Traditional) but they deserve better. Tag and All Action reigns for them both, I suspect...

* Don’t ever hire Catalina Vazquez, by the way. Lovely girl, a friend to everyone in the locker room and never causes trouble, but the girl is cursed – no less than 5 potential teams were scuppered by bad chemistry between her and her partners, and she has poor chemistry with Seth Whitehead as her opponent, too. Only 3 others have more than 1 instance of poor chemistry, and Bradley Blaze and AmEl2 are both on Vazquez’ list. I feel sorry for Austin Smooth, too – awful chemistry when facing my user character largely closes the main event to him in WPL, cost him a lot of momentum won after breaking into the ‘pushed’ group when he turned on me, and just to cap everything off he also tore his rotator cuff this year and so has missed 9 months of action.

In the year-end awards, Blood Raven (A average/A* high) was WOTY, one of the SWF’s myriad A* matches won MOTY (Rocky Golden def. High Flyin’ Hawaiian of all matches; They had 11 to choose from in 2022), Lucy Stone-McFly won YWOTY in WPL’s first individual award and Tommy Cornell got VWOTY again. WLW won Most Improved, which is sadly hard to argue when they’re scoring A-grade cards a few times a month.

* Skills-wise, my character had a tremendous year:

Top row stats were all about rounding out, and gaining some 60-odd points across the board was tremendous. At 25, my character has a shout at being a world-class all-rounder in a few years – depending on destiny rolls.

But look at those performance stats. This is where I went big on my initial points spend, wanting a character with as high psychology and basics as I could get, and it’s paid off awesomely as I doubt there’s more than a handful of characters in the game with as good fundamentals as me. A quick search suggests that, for workers under 30, there’s only myself and Ernest Youngman who’re comparable – and he’s 4 years older, albeit with an A for Selling. Provided I can avoid bad annual rolls, I could genuinely be in with a shot at the #1 spot in an upcoming Power 500. Maybe not in the 2020s, but by my mid-30s... Well, who knows?

* My roll this year is... 17. “Nose To The Grindstone”, I can add 5 points to any top row stat. Looking at my skills, Aerial is the key one that’s lagging, so let’s bump that to 47.

Last year I had to choose between 50k in cash or 5 points in Prestige. At first I was going to take the money, but seeing the company comfortably in the black even with our production values increasing monthly, I went for the prestige instead. In hindsight, that was probably a good move – just in case Winters’ issues go public.

* Power 500: James Casey (203), Danielle Sweetheart (229), AmEl2 (270), Lucy Stone-McFly (280), David Stone (331), Claire Winters (385), Clyde Cope (392) and Kid Fantastic (395). We had another 15 in the 4-500, but I don’t have all night. For notable ex-WPL talent, Lauren Easter (ditched us for USPW when I was about to strap a rocket to her) came in at 325 and Fro Sure (ditto, but for CGC) came in at 343.
Unread 09-24-2017, 10:47 PM
Major League

Well gents for the hell of it I decided to give RTG a go in the Thunderverse.

My Character:

My starting skills (those 9's were rounded up when I made him, I dunno what happened):

My starting promotion:

The Product:

Aaaaand just for fun, here's Brad's first gimmick for this 'Horror Icon Dream Match' fed:

(Note: Old School Face is not his gimmick, I reskinned Badass (Cool) from Mammoth's gimmick mod to make a 'Bounty Hunter' gimmick)

Wish me luck, boys and girls
Unread 09-29-2017, 10:04 PM
All Star

Giving RTG another crack with my favorite mod CV97. Pee Wee Germaine is my owner and it is the tried and true Honor Wrestling Federation. I'm going a bit headstrong and running 2 weekly shows with a monthly blowoff. I have to run two separate brands so I don't break my roster with this schedule. I have a men's brand and a women's brand based in the Great Lakes and I have my User Character wrestling on both shows just to grind out stats early. A little disappointing is I'm rated as a dark horse for success so I have to rely on good rolls to break my destiny to achieve greatness.

Unread 10-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Minor League

Here goes another try after bankrupting a Canadian promotion after 2019.

Starting with the promotion, based in the Mid-South with Harry Chadwick as the owner ($60 ppa, set to personality usage and events only). Using the preset product "Old School Rasslin'" with some modifications on my highest levels to give leeway to changes down the line.

Here is the worker and his base stats after a slight randomized at the start of the game to his skills. Otherwise, set his talents as a booker/owner to default; as in my last game I kept getting dinged for poor gimmicks after spending my points on negotiations and motivating.

Unread 10-02-2017, 01:13 PM
All Star

My god, does he know what a wrestling move is?
Unread 10-02-2017, 06:18 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Trask View Post
My god, does he know what a wrestling move is?
LMAO! I'm guessing he is going to promo his opponents into submission.
Unread 10-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Living Legend

WPL, January 1 2024

* Multi-millionaires! 1 year at 5 shows per month, drawing around 6,500 a show at year’s end even with the economy and industry at F-... Yeah, we coined it in during 2023, with nearly 3.4 million in the bank at year end, compared to just over 1 million on January 1st, averaging about 200k profit per month.

* In 2022 we scored our first ever A-grade match. In 2023 we scored 21, with 2 of those being 99 matches, oh so nearly hitting an A*... albeit not on a PPV and two levels below National. Some combination of my UC, Lucy Stone-McFly and Kid Fantastic (faces) versus the heel stable The Foremost (AmEl2, Claire Winters, Danielle Sweetheart and David Stone) racked them up. Rocky Weatherfield, Reilly Patton and even Needham & Liotta benefited from facing our own Magnificent Seven.

* We also scored 7 A-grade shows in the second half of the year. Perhaps unsurprisingly, we battered all the other sub-Cult companies. The Regional Battles throughout 2023 were highly consistent as we finished first everywhere. Mostly this was in the South West (QAW, IPW, AAA and CZCW in order for December) but anyone venturing into the Mid South didn’t stay long either.

* International stars Sean McFly and Angry Gilmore dropped in for a few shows mid-year as I assessed to what degree impeccable fundamentals could compensate for faded top-row skills and plunging stamina. Not enough, as it turned out, but Sean McFly put over Lucy in what turned out to be the final match of his career. Not happily, but he did it. Sean would return at year’s end as a road agent, and had already taken Jules Night under his wing as his protégé. I might have preferred he pick someone who doesn’t autopush as an Enhancement Talent after nearly 3 years in the company, but I guess that beggars can’t be choosers.

* WPL now has 4 titles, with a Trios crown introduced mid-year to keep underemployed mid/lowcard workers happy. All told, 60 shows across the year saw the following:

2 WPL title changes
14 WPL All Action title changes
8 WPL Tag title changes
6 WPL Trios title changes, including the tournament final

32 title changes, so you have a better than 50% chance of seeing a title change hands at a WPL show. That’s entertainment, or something.

* WOTY, Champagne Lover; COTY, SWF; TOTY, Amazing Bumfholes; YWOTY, David Stone (following from his cousin last year), MICOTY, WLW (thanks to new TV deals in Europe, Australia and the Americas)

* AmEl2, leader of the Foremost, held the WPL title for much of the year after beating me for it in March. He dropped it to Stone-McFly in the season finale in December to give her the chance to headline. She seems to have a cap of B- on Psychology, as it went up to B for a week or so before dropping back down. Hopefully having her dad (and Nemesis) as road agents will help.

* The Foremost hit the season finale with the WPL, All Action and Tag titles in hand, but Sweetheart & Stone lost the tag titles to Rocky Weatherfield and Kid Fantastic in addition to AmEl2’s loss. Claire Winters retained the All Action title over me (one of the 99 matches) and is set to head up the lead stable for next year as I finally get around to pushing some of the under-utilised midcarders in our ranks. She hasn’t failed any drug tests lately, possibly because I haven’t given her any...

* Kid Fantastic was the breakout star of the year, or really the last few months. A steady D- in the Mid South for months on end, I was sure he was being held back by his Spot Monkey style. Then suddenly in October he started blossoming in popularity, rising from midcard to main event in just a couple of months and is now probably our #3 babyface

* My own user character seems to be hitting some caps as well – Psychology is locked at 89/90, Safety at 90/91 and Consistency at 87, all a touch lower than I’d like for true BITW potential, but my Selling has risen 5 points, at least. Athleticism and Stamina are both tapped at 65, so All Out matches start to tire me at around 13 minutes – feeble, really. Most worryingly, my entertainment skills have started to stagnate. Despite 10 minute promos every show, my Microphone skill rose from 84 to 90 over the year, before dropping to 87. My optimism of last year seems to have attracted a hearty dose of ‘pride goeth’ as I appear destined to be a B+ guy in terms of ability. Nothing to be ashamed of, I just wanted to be an A*. I can take some solace in gaining 53 points across the top row, a more than respectable gain. Ultimately, at 26 and with my likely peak some 6-8 years away, I do wonder how much further I can go in WPL – but then, there are only 5 better brawlers than me in the game, so perhaps I’m being pessimistic.

* For my year-end roll I got 46. Cold Turkey – my character does actually have a 10% drinking habit thanks to an earlier roll, so that’s now ticked off as reformed. I can’t say I ever noticed it affecting me, but I don’t have to worry about it getting worse, at least.

* Power 500: AmEl2 104, Me 106, David Stone 147, Kid Fantastic 153, Danielle Sweetheart 156, Claire Winters 168, Lucy Stone-McFly 175, Rocky Weatherfield 183 (and thus our 8 main eventers are our 8 best performers), Ariel Breaks 248, two-time tag champions Natalie Danzig & Clyde Cope 270 & 274 and then 19 more performers from 280-484
Unread 10-20-2017, 11:22 AM

Default Tennessee Wresting Fed

Hello All!

I've been struggling to do this challenge in TEW 16, but I finally managed to pull it off and not go bankrupt. Sure, the realism wasn't quite there, running two shows a week at local size for a huge loss... but... I made it to Cult, with C pop in all of the US, Canada, and even one region in Japan. But I digress. I am starting over, because I made a few mistakes, and I want to play with every game area active. So without further ado, allow me to introduce myself and my company:

With that said, I'm going to embark on another adventure...

Edit: BTW, I play using a real-world mod by TheWho87.

Last edited by Skelf24 : 10-20-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Unread 10-20-2017, 01:23 PM

Here is my try at it with Sara Hart in CV97 with an All Women's Promotion.

I took the name and logo of the real-life Shimmer Women Athletes but made the product my own.

Going to probably do the unrealistic multiple shows a month for popularity. Wish me luck!
Unread 10-20-2017, 05:55 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelf24 View Post
Hello All!

I've been struggling to do this challenge in TEW 16, but I finally managed to pull it off and not go bankrupt. Sure, the realism wasn't quite there, running two shows a week at local size for a huge loss... but... I made it to Cult, with C pop in all of the US, Canada, and even one region in Japan. But I digress. I am starting over, because I made a few mistakes, and I want to play with every game area active. So without further ado, allow me to introduce myself and my company:

With that said, I'm going to embark on another adventure...

Edit: BTW, I play using a real-world mod by TheWho87.
There I fixed your pics!
Unread 10-20-2017, 07:00 PM

Uh oh, what did I do wrong? And how do I fix it?
Unread 10-20-2017, 10:33 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelf24 View Post
Uh oh, what did I do wrong? And how do I fix it?
I'm assuming you are on Firefox and if that is the case make sure you right click the image and then press the view image option. It will take you to just the image itself. From there you right click the image again and choose copy image location. That is the link you use for images.