Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-28-2019, 04:15 PM
Minor League

Default Mods By Steven James

All mods by me are variations of the CornellVerse

Mods By Steven James

CornellVerse 2020: New Legacies

Scheduled Release Date: January 1, 2020

A mod made by Steven James, New Legacies covers what the CornellVerse might be like in 2020. Full of shocking events, the mod features interesting scenarios. Five workers have left Japan to work for TCW. COTT's success has started rumors of international expansion. The SoCal Wars have erupted on the west coast. Japan is recovering from the 2016 tsunami. Multiple small companies are beginning to grow to challenge the top promotions. It's 2020, and as the old stars retire, new legends are born.

This mod is based on advancing the CornellVerse into the year 2020. The scenario's are mostly my own, with a few made from inspiration after viewing dynasties. I'm still currently working on the mod, and testing isn't scheduled to begin until May or June 2019. However, it may start earlier depending on when I finish.

Link To Hype Thread: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=542665

The RecklessVerse

Scheduled Release Date: TBA

With DAVE on the brink of death, backyard wrestling is more popular than area. Young high schoolers and aspiring wrestlers are creating promotions in their backyard to fill the gap, and Xtreme Danger Wrestling sits atop that mountain. XDW helped popularize backyard wrestling, with it's five stars being the most popular yardies in the neighborhood. Unfortunately, XDW might be closed by the end of the year, so it seems like another promotion will have to take their spot soon.

[center][size="3"]
Set in 2007, The RecklessVerse will take us into the dirty underbelly of the CornellVerse. Xavier Reckless, owner of Xtreme Danger Wrestling, is the namesake of the mod. While not the best yardie or the most popular, he owns the most popular backyard federation in the country. The starting amount of active wrestlers will be between 200-500, and will include at least 6 promotions. All workers will be range from the age of 13 to their early or mid twenties. All promotions and workers will be based in America, but there is always the possibility of future updates which would feature this game.

It's possible this mod won't be ready until TEW 2020, in which case I will continue based on my progress with it. If I'm finished with it, a TEW 2016 version and TEW 2020 version will be released. If I'm still working on it, then I will convert it to TEW 2020 and edit it on that game.

Link To Hype Thread: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=543643

CornellVerse 2016: The Old Guard Remains

Scheduled Release Date: Week of TEW 2020's release

A converted TEW 2016 database, CornellVerse 2016: The Old Guard Remains allows TEW 2020 players to enjoy TEW 2016' world with the new features of TEW 2020. Play as RIPW and form the next generation of supreme stars. Play as USPW and keep spot atop the wrestling world. Play as MAW and groom the future legends of wrestling. It's 2016, and as new legends are born, the old guard remains in control.

This mod is simply the default TEW 2016 data converted to become a TEW 2020 mod. While most people will probably do this on their own once they get TEW 2020, this mod might help those in a few years who's first game is TEW 2020 and want to play the 2016 data, similar to those who want to play TEW 2016 using the 2010 or 2005 data. The only changes I might make would probably be any errors I find.

Link To Mod Hype Thread: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=542912

Cancelled Mods

Viva la Lucha!

Have you ever wanted to play a save in a world full of nothing except lucha libre promotions? Well now you can. a mod by Steven James, Viva La Lucha! is a mod set only in Mexico. Filled with family dynasties, feuding promotions, and interesting characters, this mod is for anyone who loves this style of wrestling. Can you lead a promotion back to glory, or will you keep the top spot in the world of lucha libre. The one thing you must do is maintain the tradition. VIVA LA LUCHA!

This mod is a new mod I recently conceived. While work hasn't really began on it yet, I intend to begin work on it sometime in the near future, and begin entries on it.

Link To Mod Hype Thread: TBA
Character Submission Thread: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...74#post2337674

Wrestling Revolution

A mod made by Steven James, Wrestling Revolution takes the world of MDickie's Wrestling Revolution and puts it into TEW 2016. Play as Federation Online and rise from a local promotion to challenging AAW. Take control of Wrestling School and groom the next generation of talent. Bring back the guys who've gone off to Hollywood and use them effectively. The choice is up to you, because now the wrestling world is at your fingertips.

I got an idea for this after seeing a Facebook post on Wrestling Revolution. While I don't have any photos, I'll see about getting those once I'm done with the mod. Since the default game doesn't have many promotions or things to edit, I believe I can get it done somewhat soon. The minimum is 6 months, and the longest it might take is about year. However, those are only estimates.

Link To Mod Hype Thread: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=542935

Last edited by Steven James : 05-18-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Unread 01-31-2019, 07:48 PM
Minor League

I don't plan to work on all of these mods at the same time. My CornellVerse 2020 mod is currently in the works, and it has been since November. The CornellVerse 2016 mod will probably just be released as it is by default, with the only work done being the addition of the new features in TEW 2020. Viva la Lucha isn't in the works. I'm busy collecting some more renders. Wrestling Revolution will probably be started on tomorrow, as it'll be relatively easy, although it'll be a pain getting pictures.
Unread 01-31-2019, 11:56 PM
All Star

Man this mods are gonna' be awesome, plus I also really interested in the "Wrestling Revolution Mod" since I played it a lot, whether it be on my phone or PC.
Unread 02-01-2019, 06:30 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyme1234 View Post
Man this mods are gonna' be awesome, plus I also really interested in the "Wrestling Revolution Mod" since I played it a lot, whether it be on my phone or PC.
I played that and Weekend Warriors a lot before I got TEW 2016. They're great alternatives for those who can't get TEW.
Unread 02-11-2019, 04:49 AM
Minor League

I've begun work on my Viva la Lucha! mod. Right now I'm working on the starting two companies (a large fairly new company and an older traditional, but smaller company). I'm stockpiling renders of workers and promotions, but still need more. Especially for the women. Since this is an entirely new database, I'm doing things like editing skillsets and employment histories as I go along. I intend to start with hopefully 800 workers as the starting amount when the mod is released. Once TEW 2020 is released, I'll probably update it by editing certain companies to be based in the new regions.

Due to this mod being based entirely in Mexico, users would have to turn off all of areas when making a new save. However, it probably would be interesting to see what happens if you start in an empty area like America or a new area like India and let workers and companies generate into the game world, or spread lucha libre world wide.
Unread 02-12-2019, 10:39 PM
Super Star

Wow Steven, so many projects. I can barely handle just one
Good luck with all of these.
Unread 05-17-2019, 08:37 PM
Minor League

I'm making a mod featuring the backyard wrestling side of the Cornellverse. This includes the well-known Xtreme Danger Promotion, and it's six founders (Xavier Reckless, Lee Bambino, Extreme Deluxe, Super Sonic (Kid San Juan), Daredevil Aero, and Fearless Blue). There are also a number of other wrestlers from the Cornellverse who are either explicitly stated to be former yardies, or who I feel may have been involved with it in their youth.