Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Wrestling Spirit 1/2 > Wrestling Spirit 1/2 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-05-2009, 12:25 PM

God damnit, mediafire won't work for me. I've tried downloading this mod plenty of times and still nothing. I just get a page load error.
Unread 07-05-2009, 12:46 PM

C'mon guys was that really necessary to delete my post? All I want is some help in getting this mod which I've heard so much about. Everybody seems to be able to get it but me. Is this a problem for everyone else or just me? :?
Unread 07-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Low Minors

Sodacake - You can download the mod from here ..

D.O.T.T. Download Site
Unread 07-09-2009, 05:30 PM

Much appreciated, Socko. Cheers.
Unread 07-15-2009, 09:25 AM

How long does it take for the territories to start rising to National level?
Unread 07-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodacake View Post
Calling from my memories of the testing done on this last version, it generally occurred in the first half of '84, but the exact month (and company) varied from game to game.
Unread 07-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodacake View Post
The usual scenario I see is either AJPW or NJPW(sometimes both) go National in the first three months.After that either WWF or MACW(usually WWF) goes National sometime in late '83/early '84,the other one usually follow around 6 months later.AWA tends to be a wild card as sometimes it goes and sometimes it doesn't at all.
Unread 07-26-2009, 02:27 AM
Phenom

Something VERY minor I noticed:In Joe Frazier's bio it says he ref'd the Tully Blanchard/Gino Hernandez match;if it's the match I am thinking of, the ref was not Frazier,it was another pro boxer, Ernie Shavers....end of the match saw Tully take a poke a Shavers,Shavers nailed him with a right,which led to Gino hitting a flying body press to win the match.
Unread 07-26-2009, 08:49 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderndaywarrior View Post
Something VERY minor I noticed:In Joe Frazier's bio it says he ref'd the Tully Blanchard/Gino Hernandez match;if it's the match I am thinking of, the ref was not Frazier,it was another pro boxer, Ernie Shavers....end of the match saw Tully take a poke a Shavers,Shavers nailed him with a right,which led to Gino hitting a flying body press to win the match.
Nice catch! And absolutely correct.

I have that match in the Wrestling Gold set - along with the breakup match vs. Don Carson's Grapplers.
Unread 07-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Boon's Ghost View Post
Nice catch! And absolutely correct.

I have that match in the Wrestling Gold set - along with the breakup match vs. Don Carson's Grapplers.

You got it,I love my Wrestling Gold set,watch it all the time and it only cost me $15.

That was one of the most differently booked heel turns I have seen,the face team wins the match for the tag titles,THEN Tully turns....kind of a nice change from the "Face turns on his partner during the match" formula....it'a shame Gino kind of bailed on SWCW right after,I think a big feud(and going back to working with Boesch instead of running opposite), probably would have drawn mone....but still the Tully turn here,along with Peter Maivia's turn on Bob Backlund are two of my favorite "Team team breaks up and feuds" angles.

Kinda odd when you think about it though,within two years of that match Gino left us,and Tully was in MACW as a part of probably the greatest heel stable of all time AND doing what is probably THE best hardcore type match of all time with Magnum.The Grapplers had gone back to Memphis (sans Carson IIRC) for a time,eventually #2 would remove the mask and wrestle on top in Memphis as "The Dirty Boy" for the CWA until they shut down,then for the USWA...heck I think he still sometimes does indy shows now....meanwhile #1 would go to PNW and book for Don Owens until 1991 until they went out of business....and SWCW went out around '84 or '85, they'd be replaced by Texas All State Wrestling run by Fred Behrends.....jeez,now that i think of it The Grapplers were kind of like the kiss of death for promotions in those days.

Worthless trivia....Don Carson's tag team "brother", Ron Carson,went on to fame as........."Captain Redneck" himself, Dick Murdoch.
Unread 07-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Super Star

I, too, am a big fan of the Wrestling Gold series ... save one thing that bugs the crap out of me:

The sole reason I bought the series was for the 'Spoiler' matches; Jardine is probably my all-time favorite. However, not one match of his is on the darned set - despite the fact that both Meltzer and Cornette claimed the contrary - in particular the Brody & Scott Casey vs. Kiniski & The Spoiler bout from Blanchard's Southwest Championship.

And these people are 'noted wrestling historians'? If a silly fan such as myself can tell Don Jardine and Siegfried Stanke apart, why couldn't those two?

Regardless, it's a fantastic set.
Unread 07-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Boon's Ghost View Post
I, too, am a big fan of the Wrestling Gold series ... save one thing that bugs the crap out of me:

The sole reason I bought the series was for the 'Spoiler' matches; Jardine is probably my all-time favorite. However, not one match of his is on the darned set - despite the fact that both Meltzer and Cornette claimed the contrary - in particular the Brody & Scott Casey vs. Kiniski & The Spoiler bout from Blanchard's Southwest Championship.

And these people are 'noted wrestling historians'? If a silly fan such as myself can tell Don Jardine and Siegfried Stanke apart, why couldn't those two?

Regardless, it's a fantastic set.
Yeah,Stanke,and IIRC, Frank "The CWA Spoiler" Morrell are on there but no Don Jardine...I have a feeling Corny and The Meltz got their Spoilers all mixed up....I guess it could happen to anyone lol

Still it was worth the few dollars I paid for it just for the SWCW and Bockwinkel stuff alone, not to mention The Sheik and my favorite Bobby Heenan "match" of all time.....for a soft looking guy "The Brain" is a really good bumper.
Unread 08-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Low Minors

Hey, I just want to say thank you so much, this mod is just brilliant in every way.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me play R2L. I'm finding it really difficult and find I am just constantly getting squashed. Is there any promotions I should try to join? Any tips would be greatly appriciated!
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Killian View Post
Hey, I just want to say thank you so much, this mod is just brilliant in every way.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me play R2L. I'm finding it really difficult and find I am just constantly getting squashed. Is there any promotions I should try to join? Any tips would be greatly appriciated!

If you skills are a bit low, I'd say always start with the smaller promotions like SECW,AGPW,ASW(Canada)...the paydays won't be great but it'll be enough to start developing plus you also won't have to work with too many of the REALLY over/good wrestlers who are hard to beat even at top level.The other thing you can do is form a tag team with someone a little higher up than you then let them carry the matches while you use the cash from the wins to improve.

The other things I can tell you at the beginning:

1. Build your Power and Toughness enough to be able to use "Brace" against most strikes,at the low levels it's ALOT more reliable than trying to slip or block a punch.

2.Technical & Mat Wrestling are your friends....use standing holds, and quick amatuer style takedowns followed by 'Grounded' holds to suck up all your opponent's momentum,it'll be much harder for him to block/slip/avoid/counter when he's out of momentum,plus the high success rate makes them good to also slowly suck energy away from a more superior opponent to set up your bigger moves.Basically what you are looking to do is darin away all your oppenent's momentum to wreck his defense,then hit your "Momementum +" moves to get yourself on a roll and make it a nightmare for the other guy to try and come back.Also,check your opponent's condition at the start of the match,if you see an area that starts off low,target it, then if you have a submission that affects that body part(I tend to always keep a Sleeper,Figure Four,Ab Stretch/Boston Crab,Arm Bar Submission in my arsenal so I can target anything I need to),then slap it on when you get the chance.
Unread 08-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Low Minors

So doesn't this mean that technical wrestler's are the best to be?