Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-31-2016, 11:05 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaer View Post
i use wwe and what i feel is with the low ratings it makes it feel unrealistic and that building people up feels so damn hard with how much most guys are but to be fair it is my personal preference is for high ratings so maybe im just wrong
I don't think it's a matter of black/white, wrong/right. Is it the skills or popularity or both that is the big concern?

WWE's in a precarious position not having many regular stars outside of Cena. They've tried to get Roman up to that level but the fans aren't accepting him, so if there's no Brock or Undertaker on the shows, you may get warnings that the company is lacking star power. I think this reflects reality, but that is just my opinion. So, if you're doing a save with WWE, it's going to be a bit of a struggle in the early days because of a lack of stars.

However, there are a tonne of talented workers on the roster that have the tools to get to that B/B+ level of popularity. It's just a matter of the user choosing which few to really get behind and playing to their strengths. You could focus on Cesaro's in-ring ability or Bray's promos, for example.
Unread 06-01-2016, 07:18 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genadi View Post
I wish you guys all the luck and hope you stick with it.

Just some friendly advice from on modder to another.... Making predictions about how good your mod will be one day compared to Fleisch's then immediately after mentioning depth is not a good way to endear yourself to most GDS members. Fleisch has worked day and night longer then just about anyone here at GDS to provide people a game to play. If you have to follow a sentence with (not to degrade or anything) the post may be better left for a private conversation.

Just my opinion something that will help you guys going forward.
I don't think there's any hostility in the statement that you seem to think there is. Besides, Oyaji's been a great help and a valued community member for quite a while and his knowledge of Japan has helped a number of mods across the community including some of Matt Shannon's and my own 2004 mod.
Unread 06-01-2016, 07:23 AM
Minor League

Think from one modder to another we know that there isn't any "hostility" in the statements, but we care how it might appear to other members to the community who are new, or not as involved.

It comes across as though it's seen like some kind of competition, which it is not. We all want more options for users and that is a great thing. That doesn't mean comparisons need to be made about which is "definitive" or not.
Unread 06-01-2016, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idolized View Post
I don't think there's any hostility in the statement that you seem to think there is. Besides, Oyaji's been a great help and a valued community member for quite a while and his knowledge of Japan has helped a number of mods across the community including some of Matt Shannon's and my own 2004 mod.
I didn't say there was any hostility. I gave advice I thought would help them, their mod and boards.

If I thought Ouji was being a douche I wouldn't have offered advice, help and words of encouragement.
Unread 06-01-2016, 08:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post
I don't think it's a matter of black/white, wrong/right. Is it the skills or popularity or both that is the big concern?

WWE's in a precarious position not having many regular stars outside of Cena. They've tried to get Roman up to that level but the fans aren't accepting him, so if there's no Brock or Undertaker on the shows, you may get warnings that the company is lacking star power. I think this reflects reality, but that is just my opinion. So, if you're doing a save with WWE, it's going to be a bit of a struggle in the early days because of a lack of stars.

However, there are a tonne of talented workers on the roster that have the tools to get to that B/B+ level of popularity. It's just a matter of the user choosing which few to really get behind and playing to their strengths. You could focus on Cesaro's in-ring ability or Bray's promos, for example.
first of all thank you for being respectful of my opinion that means alot to me and second honestly you made some good points on when it came to ways to build your company around certain guys i would just say for example john cena to me is higher then a 85 pop in the us i find him around a 91-93 and i think in all honesty he is not acutally that bad when it comes to his in ring ability i think i saw that in his matches with owens last year and his us open challenge in general so i think in terms of his technical ability it could be higher, i know he is not like aj styles level but still he in my opinion is at least in the high 40's in term of his technical ability not mid or low 30's
Unread 06-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post

First thing I do with any mod is run a test sim. Only did a month. The AI wasn't doing fantastic with the WWE - the strongest show grade I saw was a B. Couple B- grades. Saw a C+ or two, but I think those were for the B show. To me, that's fairly realistic. And its also workable.

I always expect that booking myself, I can do at least a grade better than the AI tends to - so long as I'm not just using the auto-booker. So getting B and B+ grades should be achievable, and once the popularity of the top guys goes up a bit, getting a B+ will be pretty easy, I expect.

I like the popularity scaling on here. Quite a bit. I agree that no one on the WWE roster is the A popularity range. A* is guys like The Rock, Austin, and Hogan at their peak. A isn't that common IMO. Cena at his peak was probably there. But Cena isn't at his peak anymore.
Unread 06-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Very glad you made the jump to '16! IIRC it took you awhile to make the jump to '13.

As for your mod and its detractors, I wouldn't worry about it. You've made great strides to improve your mod and get out of the EWR stating mind frame and it shows. Its not perfect (what mod is?) but its clear that you're dedicated to making it the best it can be, and for that I thank you.

Also, I'm looking forward to your new picture pack. I know its been something of a labour, but I'm sure it's going to be great.
One of my aims with my database is to get EWR players into TEW, thats why I have Idol's EWR iNSPIRED Angle Pack as a default.

Also don't expect too much from the pic pack, its a typical KyKy pack based off the cuts I upload to my Photobucket.

In regard to the "comparison" with Fleisch, the only comparison we have is that we both do real world database, beyond that I think we appeal to different markets.
Unread 06-01-2016, 09:15 AM
All Star

I'll be checking this mod out soon. If what I'm reading from BigPapa's test sims are any indication, I may have another current day mod to enjoy. I say why not play both? I love Fleisch's mods because of the work he's put into it and that dope picture pack. And I have a feeling I'll like this mod, again because of the hard work.
Unread 06-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
First thing I do with any mod is run a test sim. Only did a month. The AI wasn't doing fantastic with the WWE - the strongest show grade I saw was a B. Couple B- grades. Saw a C+ or two, but I think those were for the B show. To me, that's fairly realistic. And its also workable.

I always expect that booking myself, I can do at least a grade better than the AI tends to - so long as I'm not just using the auto-booker. So getting B and B+ grades should be achievable, and once the popularity of the top guys goes up a bit, getting a B+ will be pretty easy, I expect.

I like the popularity scaling on here. Quite a bit. I agree that no one on the WWE roster is the A popularity range. A* is guys like The Rock, Austin, and Hogan at their peak. A isn't that common IMO. Cena at his peak was probably there. But Cena isn't at his peak anymore.
Which is very true right now WWE putting on maybe B or B- shows if that.
Unread 06-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Phenom

WWE putting on shows in the B range has been pretty consistant with my updates for the past few months, their B shows tend to be in the mid to low C range and NXT being in the mid to high D range.

So far the database has updated workers for WWE, TNA, NJPW, ROH and NXT's TV roster, that was the last big goal before upgrading, right now I am checking/updating staff for those promotions so for July they should be sorted to run well.
Unread 06-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Minor League

I'm very sorry for my comment and certainly didn't mean to upset or disrespect anybody, but in hindsight I can certainly see how it appeared that way. I apologize to Fleisch, whose mod is top quality work and has been for ages. I apologize to TheWho for taking attention away from his great work too. The more choices for people, the better.

And yeah, WWE shows should be hovering around their popularity from what I've seen and it is doable to beat the AI as Bigpapa mentioned. Getting them going is going to take a bit of work but it's definitely possible and there's little to no competition breathing down your neck. Plus, you could rely on the power of Heyman's mic skills to help out.
Unread 06-01-2016, 10:20 AM
Living Legend

Just want to say thank you to TheWho, Oyaji, and the team that worked on this. I know how much work goes into any mod, and I've been on the forum to see the work going into this one. And its always awesome to have more mods available.
Unread 06-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Hall of Fame

I've heard a lot about this mod from 2013 but never really played it as don't frequent EWB (or any other forum to be honest other than here) so may have to download and get a game started now its available here.

Quote:
In regard to the "comparison" with Fleisch, the only comparison we have is that we both do real world database, beyond that I think we appeal to different markets.
Yeah I don't think any mod can be compared to another really. We cater to different play styles which has to be a positive for the community who will have more choices.

Oyaji, not sure what you're apologising for... have you been coveting my prized cow? If so then no apology will ever be enough!
Unread 06-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Minor League

You saw me?!
Unread 06-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Rookie

I can't wait to download this.

I really liked your 2013 mods and I can only hope this is better.