Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-26-2019, 02:48 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
So I've tried to download it and I'm getting a message saying that the files are corrupted and need repairing? Any ideas?
I just downloaded it and it was fine, that is odd!! Is it before it even downloads it says that? Maybe try again and if it's still doing it let me know and I'll upload them again to another link for you to try
Unread 04-26-2019, 02:52 PM
Low Minors

It's not a problem I've had before.

It says it's either in an unknown format or damaged,
Unread 04-26-2019, 02:56 PM
Minor League

Quote:
It's not a problem I've had before.

It says it's either in an unknown format or damaged,
Do you have winrar? You'll need that to unzip it. If not then maybe download that and see if it works.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vd41d...W2016.mdb/file

If you already have it try that link, if it says the same thing then I don't really know what to do haha. I'm not that good with computers or technology!

Again, let me know what happens please
Unread 04-26-2019, 03:19 PM
Low Minors

I got the data (thank you), it came through as an mdb file rather than a rar file. I'm not sure I need Winrar. Usually when i download there's a message but you can get past it. I'm no expert either though.

The data looks fun though, I see what you meant about AAA being ready to get to National.

Edit: Could it be that the individual folders need to be uploaded rather than the overall rar file at your end?

Last edited by a0161613 : 04-26-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Unread 04-26-2019, 03:50 PM
Minor League

Quote:
I got the data (thank you), it came through as an mdb file rather than a rar file. I'm not sure I need Winrar. Usually when i download there's a message but you can get past it. I'm no expert either though.

The data looks fun though, I see what you meant about AAA being ready to get to National.

Edit: Could it be that the individual folders need to be uploaded rather than the overall rar file at your end?

Ah sorry that was me being stupid, second link was just the database not zipped! So no winrar needed for that!

The pictures you'll need winrar though as the file is too big to upload without it

Think you'll start as AAA then?
Unread 04-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavelleuk View Post
Ah sorry that was me being stupid, second link was just the database not zipped! So no winrar needed for that!

The pictures you'll need winrar though as the file is too big to upload without it

Think you'll start as AAA then?
Thinking about it, not sure how deep I'll go without the images. It'll be fun to read though, I'll let you know if I find any errors that stick out.

Would the winrar trial be enough like it is for most other things?

Last edited by a0161613 : 04-26-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Unread 04-26-2019, 04:10 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Thinking about it, not sure how deep I'll go without the images. It'll be fun to read though, I'll let you know if I find any errors that stick out.

Would the winrar trial be enough like it is for most other things?
Yeah trial is fine, I've only ever had the trial, or free version, never had to pay for it.

If it can't work there is a mass edit option of restoring all worker pictures to their originals, would then only be the New workers I created that have no picture
Unread 04-26-2019, 08:30 PM
Low Minors

Looks great so far! Excellent work!
Unread 04-27-2019, 05:50 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Sharp View Post
Looks great so far! Excellent work!
I appreciate it!
Unread 04-27-2019, 07:09 AM

Really excited about this mod. Lots of great stuff like the rise of Sayeed Ali/East Side Assassin, the complete shift in the Japanese landscape, and ZEN spreading the reach globally. Wow, very exciting times and this more than matches my excitement for the canonical changes awaiting us in 2020.
Unread 04-27-2019, 07:44 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMark15 View Post
Really excited about this mod. Lots of great stuff like the rise of Sayeed Ali/East Side Assassin, the complete shift in the Japanese landscape, and ZEN spreading the reach globally. Wow, very exciting times and this more than matches my excitement for the canonical changes awaiting us in 2020.
East Side Assassin (Sayeed Ali) is the MVP of the mod in my opinion!
Unread 04-27-2019, 07:48 AM
Minor League

World Level Wrestling

Current Champions:
World Level Universal – Emerald Angel
World Level Modern Japan – Orange Tsuchie
World Level Tag Team – Masa Kurata and Nichiren Amagawa

When World Level Wrestling were founded in December 2000 many industry experts doubted that they would even last a year, and that their lucha-puro crossover style was destined to fail, especially with the comedy elements that hardcore Japanese wrestling fans do not appreciate. However, by 2016 those experts had been shut up as WLW were not only still alive, but they were thriving due to their mainstream appeal to the more casual wrestling fan. They were even one of the founding members of the Modern Japan Movement, an alliance of wrestling companies that believed the old-school touring schedule most Japanese companies employed was hl=olding the whole region back, and that they should adapt a more western approach. With WLW’s product and schedule angering Japanese purists, this approach would end up becoming more beneficial than ever in 2016.

Tuesday 23rd of May, a day that will live in infamy in Japan., the country has hit by a devastating tsunami, destroying the countries economy almost overnight, and with the economy in ruins the wrestling industry would crash to an all-time low. With mainstays of Japanese wrestling PGHW and BHOTWG having products that are largely affected by the wrestling industry, WLW’s comedy based mainstream LuchaResu style allows them to avoid such penalties. Because of this WLW were able to rise from the ashes that was the Japanese wrestling scene, and for months they were actually the undisputed number one promotion in all of Japan. While the rise of INSPIRES has since knocked them down to number two they are still in their strongest position ever, and with good money in the bank they find themselves in a position and with a style that might just allow them to dominate Japan for years to come, with many thinking a national battle between them and INSPIRES is not far away.

Despite the fact they would ultimately be fine following the economic crash, that didn’t mean there wasn’t some initial panic by the company. In the month following the tsunami four workers were released, American Elemental, Necromancer, Sir Winston Watoga and Shaolin Warrior. However, it soon become apparent that they would be fine, and two months later they hired Tsuneyo Yanagimoto from EXODUS in what was a sign of things to come in 2017. They hired a host of new workers at the beginning of the year, most notably Mystic Dragon from BHOTWG, who went through an interesting gimmick tweak when he joined WLW. Covering himself in red body paint to give him an actual demonic look, the change has helped him stand out from the pack and cement himself as a main event talent. Other signings are talked about as potential future stars, the likes of KAZ and Orange Tsuchie, and they will be helped in their development by the hugely experienced The Awesome Kiyaru who apparently has considered retirement before being approached by WLW.

It was in March 2017 that WLW did their best piece of business though, announcing the double signing of big names Sensational Dragon and Marihito Masuko. Being two of the most well-known and talented junior workers BHOTWG had to offer allowed them to not only slot in nicely in the WLW main event scene but also did a lot of damage to the BHOTWG brand, as they could no longer brag about being able to offer the best lightweight wrestling in Japan. The level of talent in WLW has also benefitted the other members of the Modern Japan Movement, with big names being loaned to the likes of SAISHO and WEXXV to help boost their shows. However, even with all this new high-level talent coming into WLW the two biggest names in the promotion are still home-grown stars Magnum Kobe and Emerald Angel. The two have been on sensational form in recent years, and have been trading WLW World Level Universal title reigns since February 2015. Kobe is now a five-time champion, but Angel is the most successful worker in the company’s history with seven reigns to his name. When the two of them have fought one-on-one they have never disappointed, in 2016 Kobe defeated Angel in an excellent match, but Angel would get his win and the title back in February 2017. After Kobe would again take the title in a four-person match in August 2017 a rematch was booked to decide just who is the better man, and in September 2017 they had a two-out-of-three-falls match in the main event of Samurai & Ninja, a match Emerald Angel would win, but the match itself would also win the 2017 match of the year award.

Unread 04-27-2019, 11:16 AM
Minor League

Version 1.01 already released as I realised I had forgotten to edit the Battles Of Hell workers alter ego's, they were a promotion I created early on before I knew how to do alter ego's properly.

A few bio's have been edited too due to slight errors, but yes version 1.01 released!
Unread 04-27-2019, 01:07 PM
Minor League

Battles Of Hell

Current Champion:
Ruler Of Hell - Abaddon

*NOTE* The bio pictures of Abaddon, Doctor O’Haire, Empusa Richard Lawson, Leper Messiah, Jesse Gallagher and Joseph Matranga are BOH specific alter-ego’s, so obviously if you went to Roger Cage (for example’s) profile it would be very different. The Silencer profile is his usual one, not his BOH alter ego.

For years well-known genius Dunton Hall had made no secret of the fact he was a massive wrestling fan, often saying that he would love nothing more than to join the business when the time was right. Many people had speculated just what a Dunton Hall promotion would be like, but the one thing everyone agreed on was that it would likely be like nothing anyone had seen before. Those people were right, and in 2017 Hall announced he would be starting a promotion, and a pilot for it would be filmed at some point and be aired on the internet, before being shipped around to networks to become a regular weekly show.

As the months passed excitement built, especially when big names such as Vengeance, Marat Khoklov and Rick Law were said to be attached to the project. Eventually in October 2017 the show was aired…..and the project left many speechless….not literally of course, it was on the internet after all, and everyone and his mum gave their two cents on just what they had seen. Instead of a traditional wrestling show, what was shown was a gritty drama, featuring alcoholic cops and evil demons roaming hell, looking to survive or kill, depending on just who or what they are. The pilot was dark, gritty, obviously aimed at adult and immaculately shot, obviously using some of the most state of the art technology. The heavy use of make up and special effects allowed workers to look completely different, with the likes of Petr Novak looking completely unrecognisable as the demon Chort.

Mainly all angle to establish characters, the pilot alone featured flashbacks in characters lives in scenes that more established Hollywood blockbusters than anything seen in wrestling, the matches were more like fight scenes with great camera work, and one match wasn’t even shot inside a ring, it was shot in front of greenscreen to make it seem like a brawl in hell itself. The matches themselves were all brawl-heavy, featuring little-to-no wrestling moves and nothing high flying, but they did seem very high in psychology and selling, with Hall obviously demanding an emphasis on making sure every punch, kick and slam is to be treated as highly impactful and to be sold as such. There is also a lot of weapons and blood to sell the brutality of what is happening. Despite the hardcore nature the whole thing is done with low intensity and features no dangerous moves.

The online feedback was mixed, with options ranging from “genius, revolutionary” all the way to “WORST. SHOW. EVER.” But the pilot did enough to get a few networks interested, with executives feeling it could be a big hit with 18-30 demographic, as they apparently enjoy wrestling and dark dramas. In December 2017 it would be announced that BOH had secured a TV deal with mainstream TV station HPO, a commercial station that doesn’t usually entertain the idea of hosting something low-brow like wrestling, but were swayed when they spoke to Dunton Hall. They actually commissioned BOH to air two weekly shows, both an hour and a half long, with both shows being given a one-year deal. Everyone on the roster has been given an initial one-year written deal too, so potentially, come December 2018, there could be some bidding wars for a lot of the BOH talent. The promotion is set to be all TV orientated, so no big monthly event like every other American company provide.

Speculation is still on-going on just what is to come from BOH, in the pilot all the matches featured no count-out and no DQ, and it was implied the Ruler Of Hell title has to be defended the moment the champion was challenged by anyone, however they could only challenge someone once, if they lost they had to wait until there was a new ruler. It also sounds like there is some kind of force that prevents any interference in matches that are for the power. Hall has said in interviews whole episodes could be dedicated to one worker, exploring their life and history, and that other episode could all just cover one feud, or even one match. We have also heard that local talent could be used as jobbers, or “lost souls” and that if a known character were to lose to one of these jobbers that soul would take over the loser’s body, or “vessel” allowing the same wrestler to eventually play multiple characters. Whether any of these rumours end up becoming a reality remains to be seen, but in a promotion that is already so different the possibilities seen endless. With a lot of the marketing being focussed on some of the lesser-known names, such as Doctor O’Haire and The Silencer, it has already made some lesser-known workers become bigger names, albeit far from stars.

The promotion is set to feature big names (Eddie Peak, Chris Caulfield, Hell’s Bouncer) top indy talent (Roger Cage, Findlay O’Farraday and Bulldozer Brandon Smith as 1950’s gangsters), known hardcore wrestlers (Larry Wood, McWade Brothers, Good Ol’ Boys) an array of unknowns (Annihilus, Biff The Bruiser, Martyr, Jebediah) and even actors (Alfred Huntley, Vincente Clement, Virginia White) but Hall has gone all out to make sure they are all prepared, even giving the talent acting lessons in order to make the scene’s more realistic

Last edited by lavelleuk : 04-27-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Unread 04-27-2019, 09:12 PM
Low Minors

I want to watch BOH.