Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Hall of Fame

I figured Punk doesn't have all the information he really needs, especially to do with their plans for Wrestlemania, not only the medical reason he was given ZPaks. They should have told him everything.

You know... I can't help but to think that this might have been his big chance and he blew it away "IF" you look at it in a very positive light from WWE's perspective. Keeping him active, having a match with Triple H, everything not concrete for Wrestlemania yet, maybe due to not knowing what Punk was going to do. Yeah, Bryan was the man that year, but while watching up to January, and the way things were going, I couldn't help but to think Punk was going to be up for the title, and I honestly thought Bryan would be the biggest threat to it after the fact.... I honestly thought they might build up to a Daniel Bryan verse CM Punk Wrestlemania event for 2015. If you go back and look at how everything was evolving, and how it felt like they were NOT going to give it to Daniel Bryan just yet (before Punk walking), it made sense, at least to me that they were building this long term plan for the both of them that would have our fantasy Wrestlemania match (at least mine) as the end result.

I feel like Punk didn't get all the information, because they were working around his flakiness (for lack of knowing a better word at the moment). It's a "What If" scenario that I'd like to hear Vince as well as Triple H fill in the blanks.

Plus, Punk has admitted to being not the easiest person to talk to when it comes to the powers that be. IF Tiple H really has a disliking to him like Punk believes, then I don't see the information for a good future being all that mapped out to Punk, with possibly Triple H wanting Punk to screw himself out of it somehow. Without being at least a little bit humble and respect to other's on par with him, I can see their being huge tension and people acting in ways that might not be their normal person.

Daniel Bryan is a much more like-able person, and much easier to throw goodies at then Punk, or so it would seem ONLY going by what Punk says. For that matter, going from what Punk says... Seems to me that just about everyone on the roster is easier to work with.

To sum up my thoughts: I can't help believing that Punks biggest enemy is himself, possibly motivated by insecurities in what others think of him as well. He's almost in a "no win" scenario though. I do NOT believe if he was any other way he would have been given what he was (longest modern belt reign, etc.).

He's in a better place, or so he says, now though. So I wish him the best, and hope he reaches even more success outside of WWE. He has certainly gained more popularity since leaving, I believe. Now if he can put it to good use somehow.
Unread 11-28-2014, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthefunkchris View Post
I figured Punk doesn't have all the information he really needs, especially to do with their plans for Wrestlemania, not only the medical reason he was given ZPaks. They should have told him everything.

You know... I can't help but to think that this might have been his big chance and he blew it away "IF" you look at it in a very positive light from WWE's perspective. Keeping him active, having a match with Triple H, everything not concrete for Wrestlemania yet, maybe due to not knowing what Punk was going to do. Yeah, Bryan was the man that year, but while watching up to January, and the way things were going, I couldn't help but to think Punk was going to be up for the title, and I honestly thought Bryan would be the biggest threat to it after the fact.... I honestly thought they might build up to a Daniel Bryan verse CM Punk Wrestlemania event for 2015. If you go back and look at how everything was evolving, and how it felt like they were NOT going to give it to Daniel Bryan just yet (before Punk walking), it made sense, at least to me that they were building this long term plan for the both of them that would have our fantasy Wrestlemania match (at least mine) as the end result.

I feel like Punk didn't get all the information, because they were working around his flakiness (for lack of knowing a better word at the moment). It's a "What If" scenario that I'd like to hear Vince as well as Triple H fill in the blanks.

Plus, Punk has admitted to being not the easiest person to talk to when it comes to the powers that be. IF Tiple H really has a disliking to him like Punk believes, then I don't see the information for a good future being all that mapped out to Punk, with possibly Triple H wanting Punk to screw himself out of it somehow. Without being at least a little bit humble and respect to other's on par with him, I can see their being huge tension and people acting in ways that might not be their normal person.

Daniel Bryan is a much more like-able person, and much easier to throw goodies at then Punk, or so it would seem ONLY going by what Punk says. For that matter, going from what Punk says... Seems to me that just about everyone on the roster is easier to work with.

To sum up my thoughts: I can't help believing that Punks biggest enemy is himself, possibly motivated by insecurities in what others think of him as well. He's almost in a "no win" scenario though. I do NOT believe if he was any other way he would have been given what he was (longest modern belt reign, etc.).

He's in a better place, or so he says, now though. So I wish him the best, and hope he reaches even more success outside of WWE. He has certainly gained more popularity since leaving, I believe. Now if he can put it to good use somehow.
You hit the right notes Funk. Exactly what I think.
Unread 11-28-2014, 01:49 PM
Super Star

Until WWE makes a statement about Punks comments (and I'm talking about an actual response to all the comments he made) then I am seriously considering not watching WWE anymore.
Unread 11-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Super Star

Pretty much agree with funk. I'm sure that some of these things are totally true, but as with any issue, the correct answer is almost always somewhere in the middle. Punk came off as a rambling bitter dude, but he has some right to be. I lost a little respect for him in some ways and gained it in others. This is just an ugly situation that isn't getting resolved anytime soon. I'd love to hear some truth in a statement from the WWE side but I'm not sure if we'll ever get a true, non-political WWE statement.
Unread 11-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Of course not since they still lie about Montreal and they've been cool with Bret for 5 years now
Unread 11-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW View Post
As with anything in professional wresting, I find it hard to take these 'shoots' seriously. The amount of times I've watched or listened to a guy completely bury another worker or company (usually Triple H and WWE), and then end up working for them again a few years later, is laughable.

But hey, anything for that $$$ I suppose.
The difference being Punk didn't record a shoot interview that's for sale. Art of Wrestling is completely free and he didn't get paid for it. Colt told me he doesn't make much, if anything on the podcast and does it just because he loves it.
Unread 11-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
The difference being Punk didn't record a shoot interview that's for sale. Art of Wrestling is completely free and he didn't get paid for it. Colt told me he doesn't make much, if anything on the podcast and does it just because he loves it.
I didn't really mean Punk here as he did on a podcast, I was just generalising.
Unread 11-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Although I know Colt has been doing this for a very long time, but I'm pretty sure WWE2k15 actually sponsored that particular show. In fact, I think the only thing about Colt Cabana that the WWE have shown an interest in is his podcast (ironically).
Unread 11-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Super Star

It really is pretty crazy how anybody could still be upset at Punk about this. As he pointed out, he was an "independent contractor," and it was pretty plain to see he was not physically well the last few months of his run.

WWE's business culture really seems like the worst of both worlds, since it's full of petty carnies who don't mind taking making things unnecessarily personal along with a corporate face that stands in the way of taking risks or doing cool things. And Vince's line about Punk taking a "sabbatical" probably wasn't even one of the top three white lies/absolutely bonkers things he said at that shareholders meeting in February.
Unread 11-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Although I know Colt has been doing this for a very long time, but I'm pretty sure WWE2k15 actually sponsored that particular show. In fact, I think the only thing about Colt Cabana that the WWE have shown an interest in is his podcast (ironically).
Well Colt has been working with the video games doing mo cap for years and years now. He at least has a relationship with the studio
Unread 11-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Shannon View Post
Well they say there's always two sides to every story. I will say this: if things with WWE medical were that bad, then wouldn't half the current roster be dead? I mean, this is the same company who played it safe with the likes of Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and now most recently, Roman Reigns (their rumored next golden goose, no less), and all guys who the WWE could have severely used during their respective times on the injured list.
But none of them were anywhere near the main event (except for Reigns when The Shield were main eventing). It was less important to keep them on TV than it was Punk, Cena, Orton etc. If Bryan didn't need surgery WWE probably wouldn't have given him time off. Although Bryan strikes me as the type of guy who would happily wrestle injured given the chance unlike Punk who had to force himself to do it every day. No judgement from me either way.

Quote:
Orton was champ so he was main eventing WM30. It was obvious when Batista returned before the Rumble he would win it and main event WM30. Punk was never main eventing WM30. And either he or Bryan would have tread water for awhile while the other challenged Orton or Batista post-WM30.

As for the 2015 fantasy scenario, I doubt Punk would have lasted that long. For several months before the Rumble he looked sluggish in the ring and like he was going through the motions outside of major PPV matches. Something looked off to me, I just had no idea who bad it was. He needed an extended break to recover and Vince/Trips were never going to allow that.

Just my own opinions based on what I've read and seen with my own eyes, so take it all with a pinch of salt.
Unread 11-28-2014, 06:22 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
As for the 2015 fantasy scenario, I doubt Punk would have lasted that long. For several months before the Rumble he looked sluggish in the ring and like he was going through the motions outside of major PPV matches. Something looked off to me, I just had no idea who bad it was. He needed an extended break to recover and Vince/Trips were never going to allow that.

Just my own opinions based on what I've read and seen with my own eyes, so take it all with a pinch of salt.
I agree with the bolded statement completely, most of you people have stated that you know that I don't like CM Punk so take this for what it' worth but to me CM Punk's last good match I really liked was his match with Taker at Wrestlemania 29. Even when he came back at Payback 2013 in his hometown of Chicago and faced Jericho he seemed a bit off probably from the previous two months off so that's understandable. I forgave Punk for his match with Jericho at Payback (although I still enjoyed the match) because at the time I was still a fan of his.

But then from that point forward all the way to the day he left the company (was fired according to him) he half assed every performance he was in from my personal observation and again at the time this was occurring I was still a fan of him but he just seemed off to me.

I will say this as well, I always was wondering why he came in at number 1 in last years rumble and laid around in the ring for what was about a half hour it made me a bit upset but after hearing him say that he was injured I completely get why he did it and I can't fault him for it.

I may not like the guy but I do agree with some of the stuff he said within the podcast. I will hold off further judgment on this issue until December 1st when I hear McMahon's side of the story on The Steve Austin Show if that is something that they are going to talk about on it and I imagine that it will be talked about.
Unread 11-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Super Star

How dare he ask to be paid at the level that his boss told him he was at?

He should have just "sucked it up" and DIED IN THE RING due to a horrible, continual misdiagnosis.

Some people, Jesus Christ.
Unread 11-28-2014, 08:54 PM
All Star

I listened to the podcast today. He definitely comes across as bitter, but he pretty much stated that flat out in the very beginning. What he had to say about Vince, Trips and the WWE in general was interesting in and of itself, but what I took away more than anything was the incompetence of the WWE's doctor(s). They came across horribly there, and it's no surprise to me that that's the one thing they actually responded to.

Quote:
I may not like the guy but I do agree with some of the stuff he said within the podcast. I will hold off further judgment on this issue until December 1st when I hear McMahon's side of the story on The Steve Austin Show if that is something that they are going to talk about on it and I imagine that it will be talked about.
I highly doubt that they'll touch on it. I'm sure Austin would have no problem addressing it, but I would bet Vince will talk to him beforehand and tell him that this topic is off-limits.
Unread 11-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Phenom

Punk's interview was a great listen. Fantastic show. I took issue with a few points. I don't know how to feel about it. Definitely an interesting look into a wrestler's psyche, something you don't get too much of too often.