Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
Having a series of squashes on TV works moderately well in the C-verse if you have workers who can pull decent grades in those kinds of matches - so long as you combine with some decent angles and a decent main event. You don't absolutely have to follow the Raw/Nitro/Impact formula and do PPV-caliber matches on TV all the time, but its easier to grab strong grades. Another approach would be to only have a B show, where booking in a way that doesn't maximize grades does no harm but there are downsides to that, plus you have to fudge a little to set it up in the first place.

Bam Bam Bigelow: Eddie Peak, Raymond Diaz, Brandon James

Savage and Sting are a bit tougher, because there are quality honestly quite a few workers who have the basic skills to work as either of those two. The likes of Joey Minnesota, Wolf Hawkins, Marc DuBois, both Bumfhole brothers, both Keith boys, Davis Wayne Newton, Swoop McCarthy, and some others all have the fundamental skills that would be required, though some of those still need some degree of refinement in certain areas...
When I think Bam Bam, Primus Allen came to mind for some reason. No idea why. But isn't Dark Angel basically (young) Sting? Savage could be just about anyone with charisma (preferably to burn) and some aerial skill, roughly. I could see Mainstream Hernandez being turned into that type of character. DWN is another good choice, eventually. I always saw Swoop as more of a poor man's Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganRodzen View Post
Monster Ishimura? That's exactly how I use her in WCW. Her menace isn't very high (C+) but it's good enough to get the job done against female workers who can sell like crazy. Her and Thea Davis have quite the rivalry...
Yeah, no. Her star quality is the pits (64%) and C+ really isn't good enough to get the kind of output T-Rex typically gets. She does come closest though (her, Deborah Young, Gorgon, Juliette King, and I think Kaori Mochizuki). I should've gone all the way when I made the mod. When I made Dynamite Shohei, I stopped at 82 menace (mainly because I overshot 80 from 78.2 and wound up on 81.8 so just ticked it to 82) when I could've maxed it out. But Dynamite actually has skills (think of a female Mike Awesome or Vader or a young Monster Ripper/Aja Kong/Dynamite Kansai). I figured giving her 90+ menace (on top of her in-ring skills) would be creating a god character.

I think I'll just duplicate T-Rex and change things around a bit (name, gender, etc) and go with that.
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remianen View Post
When I think Bam Bam, Primus Allen came to mind for some reason. No idea why. But isn't Dark Angel basically (young) Sting? Savage could be just about anyone with charisma (preferably to burn) and some aerial skill, roughly. I could see Mainstream Hernandez being turned into that type of character. DWN is another good choice, eventually. I always saw Swoop as more of a poor man's Rock.
I'll second this. Primus needs a little work in-ring (who doesn't at 21?) but in terms of his star quality, menace and general skillset it's hard to think of a better fit in the C-Verse for Bam Bam - at least in the States.

I could actually see Steven Parker being a Sting-type character - he has the entertainment ability and solid basics to play a similar role.

For Savage, you do need someone with a triple-threat of top row skills and strong entertainment. Newton is an obvious choice, but DuBois is a good call too. His render has always suggested someone a bit unhinged, truth be told...
Unread 03-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Low Minors

Not sure I am overlooking something but if I am running as a smaller company and I get an e-mail saying that there has been an offer for somebody on my roster is there anyway for me to tell if that offer is going to take them away from me? In simpler terms is there any way to determine if it is a PPA or a written or even a developmental offer? And if there is (or even is not) what should I do about making sure or trying to avoid losing my talent.
Unread 03-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Super Star

chad3590- basically if the company is national they will sign them to a written deal, if it is a child promotion it is not always a developmental deal but you may want to have a replacement in mind.

To avoid losing talent you can make promtional pacs. Want you also want to do is get a job squad together. A group of guys with good performance ratings with no charisma or star power. Have them get dominated and you can create an endless string of stars. The lack of star power and charisma seems to have the ai overlook them unless you get their popularity too high.

I could go into more details if i knew more of your promotion (c-verse, how large you are etc)
Unread 03-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remianen View Post
This is why correlating the C-verse to the real world is fun. But tough.

I overlooked Primus, because i was looking for Big Heavyweights. He's a bit small for Bam Bam but he works otherwise. And he has great Athleticism.

I've never really liked the Sting-Dark Angel correlation. I get it and it works in some ways. But Sting was charismatic even back in the UWF, while Angel has so little. He's also got the kind of Psychology that I don't think Sting ever had.

Swoop is definitely closer to The Rock than Savage. Swoop lacks the all-around skills that Savage had, but he's only 21 and his A Star Quality means he should continue to develop, especially if you put him in with some really talented workers. Savage was 32 and had twelve years in the business by the time we saw him debut in the WWF... Swoop should look different even just a few years in, and if his overall skills develop, he ends up looking a bit more like Savage, I would think. Except the race and nationality.

Someone like Hernandez could definitely get there with some development, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casey View Post
I'll second this. Primus needs a little work in-ring (who doesn't at 21?) but in terms of his star quality, menace and general skillset it's hard to think of a better fit in the C-Verse for Bam Bam - at least in the States.

I could actually see Steven Parker being a Sting-type character - he has the entertainment ability and solid basics to play a similar role.

For Savage, you do need someone with a triple-threat of top row skills and strong entertainment. Newton is an obvious choice, but DuBois is a good call too. His render has always suggested someone a bit unhinged, truth be told...
Parker would work pretty well for a Sting-like worker. There were some face-paint alts for him at one point, too, to help it work even better.
Unread 03-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Minor League

In answer to my own question would Angry Gilmore = Randy Savage. Great all around skills and a ton of charisma.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think Sting would be a light heavyweight as opposed to a middleweight. Am I off base on that?

There are 4 guys that just floored me right off the bat first time I saw them: Randy Savage (WWF debut, violent guy who flies), Bam Bam Bigelow (a huge guy that can move and has a great look), Rob Van Damn (incredible agility) and Samoa Joe (looked stiff and another big guy that can move). Van Damn and especially Joe don't fit into the old school theme of my previous post.

I've always liked Sting's combination of skill, look, athleticism and charisma.

Anyway ... thanks again. More suggestions welcome. For Joe and RVD too.
Unread 03-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Living Legend

Sting would be a middleweight. According to the Help file, Middleweight covers up to 260 pounds. Sting has never been much of 250 through his career, as far as I am aware.

Gilmore could certainly work as a Savage-like talent. He's as close as anyone. Not quite perfect - mediocre Brawling skills would be the biggest deviation I see - but as close as anyone else is likely to be.

Either Rhino Umaga or Samoan Machine could work as Samoa Joe. SM is a bit small for Joe, but Umaga fits in a lot of aspects.
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:32 PM
All Star

I wouldn't say Savage was the greatest "brawler" in the world, but it was definitely watchable. My sense was that Savage always had all the qualities to be a star, but never quite reached where he wanted to reach.
Unread 03-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Sting would be a middleweight. According to the Help file, Middleweight covers up to 260 pounds. Sting has never been much of 250 through his career, as far as I am aware.
OK, thanks. I guess I was fooled by his physique into thinking he was bigger.

6'3 and 252 (according to his bio) is a pretty big guy in most instances.

I think improving Umaga's physical skills would help him toward being a Samoa Joe type.

Quote:
I wouldn't say Savage was the greatest "brawler" in the world, but it was definitely watchable. My sense was that Savage always had all the qualities to be a star, but never quite reached where he wanted to reach.
I would say he was a star. Multi time world champ, nearly always the #2 face or villain (often the top villian), widely respected for his ability and one of the best interviews around. But he was never "the man" or the icon like Hogan, Austin, Rock or even Cena (though if he were in his prime he probably would be). So with that caveat I agree that he never quite got where he wanted to be.

I think McMahon should have pushed him even more. I think he could have carried the fed. But of course with Hogan there you had to push him and even if he wasn't the fans seemed to want "the next Hogan". Fanboy hat off now.
Unread 03-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Living Legend

How long does an angle have to be to not get penalised for being short? I thought it was 4 minutes, but I'm apparently about to get dinged all show long for getting that wrong...
Unread 03-16-2012, 05:05 PM
All Star

My experience of that note has been limited to angles involving main eventers that have been shorter than 6 minutes. I've never had it with people lower on the card. I haven't tested, so it could be 5 minutes, but since 6 is the skills gain, I figure it's probably a reasonable guess that they correlate.
Unread 03-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufas2000 View Post
OK, thanks. I guess I was fooled by his physique into thinking he was bigger.

6'3 and 252 (according to his bio) is a pretty big guy in most instances.

I think improving Umaga's physical skills would help him toward being a Samoa Joe type.
The sizes listed in the Help file are not absolute but a guideline. Someone like The Undertaker would technically be a Heavyweight, yet given his height and build, could probably be listed as a Big Heavyweight. That said, I do think Sting would fit best as a MW rather than LHW.
Unread 03-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Low Minors

I was just playing last night and as I log into my game my Save File it says Began 0 , 0 players to be assigned . I think my file got deleted . How do I bring it back ?
Unread 03-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Super Star

Is there any way to play TEW on my phone? I have a Samsung Galaxy Epic, and would love to have a way to play when I'm bored between classes and don't feel like loading up my computer, etc.
Unread 03-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Minor League

As far as I'm aware no one's got TEW running on Android.

Theoretically there's no reason why you couldn't, but it would take effort and there certainly isn't a 'mobile friendly' app that I know of.