Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5956  
Unread 10-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Eisen-verse's Avatar
Eisen-verse Eisen-verse is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,973
Default

My question is about Modern Wrestling.

I think I have the image all misconceived. At first, I thought it was a haven for high fliers; however, I think I've had that negated before. So, is it simply the kind of product where athletic people will flourish? So, less about high-flying abilities and more about how athletic you are?
Reply With Quote
  #5957  
Unread 10-02-2010, 05:59 PM
steesh07's Avatar
steesh07 steesh07 is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Newcastle,England
Posts: 895
Default

How far ahead do people advance book? I have my WrestleMania main event booked and I'm only the first week in of October.
Reply With Quote
  #5958  
Unread 10-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Donners Donners is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steesh07 View Post
How far ahead do people advance book? I have my WrestleMania main event booked and I'm only the first week in of October.
I advance book PPVs the day before.


A question of my own - any thoughts as to why a worker would suffer a dramatic drop in popularity?

I signed Acid as a main eventer, and despite a gimmick rating of 80, average match rating of 70-odd, his monthly popularity has gone 73, 68, 68, 63!
Reply With Quote
  #5959  
Unread 10-02-2010, 08:05 PM
milamber's Avatar
milamber milamber is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 71
Default

I use Acid as a jobber (or at least I did until he got a long term injury).
Reply With Quote
  #5960  
Unread 10-02-2010, 08:16 PM
20LEgend's Avatar
20LEgend 20LEgend is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 4,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donners View Post
I advance book PPVs the day before.


A question of my own - any thoughts as to why a worker would suffer a dramatic drop in popularity?

I signed Acid as a main eventer, and despite a gimmick rating of 80, average match rating of 70-odd, his monthly popularity has gone 73, 68, 68, 63!
Is he losing alot or is he in crappy angles, also is he working elsewhere?
Reply With Quote
  #5961  
Unread 10-02-2010, 10:25 PM
tommyb tommyb is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donners View Post
I advance book PPVs the day before.
Ditto. Although the odd match get's made on TV a week or two in advance and then instantly advance booked...if I remember.
Reply With Quote
  #5962  
Unread 10-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Donners Donners is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend View Post
Is he losing alot or is he in crappy angles, also is he working elsewhere?
I don't use angles. Losing more often than winning, but to workers of a similar level. Not working anywhere else.
Reply With Quote
  #5963  
Unread 10-03-2010, 05:47 AM
The Bus The Bus is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 181
Default

How about Acid's gimmick type? I had Grandmaster Phunk lose pop when main eventing and winning the strap in a good match. I thought it was a bug, but then I realized he had a comedy gimmick! He lost a letter's worth of pop per month with a good match that he won.
Reply With Quote
  #5964  
Unread 10-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Donners Donners is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bus View Post
How about Acid's gimmick type? I had Grandmaster Phunk lose pop when main eventing and winning the strap in a good match. I thought it was a bug, but then I realized he had a comedy gimmick! He lost a letter's worth of pop per month with a good match that he won.
Good idea, but it's Ninja, which is "cool".
Reply With Quote
  #5965  
Unread 10-03-2010, 09:50 AM
tommyb tommyb is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donners View Post
Good idea, but it's Ninja, which is "cool".
Workers with cool gimmicks lose and gain popularity faster based on wins/losses. So if he's losing some matches (even against decent opposition) you'll find him losing popularity.
Reply With Quote
  #5966  
Unread 10-03-2010, 05:01 PM
codey codey is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,545
Default

As far as gimmicks go:

Does 75% Subtlety mean the gimmick is pretty subtle, or not? The same goes for Risk and Difficulty. I can't tell if I higher rating means it's more of that thing, or less.
Reply With Quote
  #5967  
Unread 10-03-2010, 05:03 PM
20LEgend's Avatar
20LEgend 20LEgend is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 4,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by codey View Post
As far as gimmicks go:

Does 75% Subtlety mean the gimmick is pretty subtle, or not? The same goes for Risk and Difficulty. I can't tell if I higher rating means it's more of that thing, or less.
Higher risk = More risky
higher difficulty = more difficult
so I presume higher subtlety = more subtle. not 100% sure.
Reply With Quote
  #5968  
Unread 10-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Blake Trask's Avatar
Blake Trask Blake Trask is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,647
Default

The higher, the more subtle. That's why gimmicks like Fan Favourite have very low subtlety. Because they're 100% in your face and easy to get.
Reply With Quote
  #5969  
Unread 10-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Donners Donners is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyb View Post
Workers with cool gimmicks lose and gain popularity faster based on wins/losses. So if he's losing some matches (even against decent opposition) you'll find him losing popularity.
Hmm, okay, I'll keep an eye on his win-loss record.

The same dramatic drop has happened to Buddy Garner now, and he has a Legit gimmick.

Argh, now it's happening to Remmy Sky. I've had three people lose 15 pop over a few months.

Last edited by Donners : 10-04-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5970  
Unread 10-04-2010, 06:30 AM
The Bus The Bus is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donners View Post
Hmm, okay, I'll keep an eye on his win-loss record.

The same dramatic drop has happened to Buddy Garner now, and he has a Legit gimmick.

Argh, now it's happening to Remmy Sky. I've had three people lose 15 pop over a few months.
I think legit gimmick guys lose more pop when losing to a certain type of gimmicked opponents.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Array [all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.