Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Super Star

Ok, so I figure this will be easier to explain with a picture:

The important parts are circled. Why would it be a ??? like that? All three have been featured on air together, if you're wondering.
Unread 01-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Super Star

Nevermind, it just randomly fixed itself without me having to do anything.
Unread 01-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Trask View Post
Asked this a while back but it never got picked up. Exactly how popular do I need to be to get PPV in America?
I usually play as MAW and have gotten PPV deals at Cult with the smaller carriers.
Unread 01-12-2012, 03:30 PM
All Star

Sorry, I mean specifically. I'm Cult, but not popular enough Cult to get a deal. So what level do individual areas need to be at, was more what I was getting at.
Unread 01-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Super Star

I can't specifically remember what my importance/popularity percentages were but I looked at the minimum level for those PPV carriers and made sure I was above that threshold in the regions they were carried in order to negotiate. Sorry I couldn't be more specific.
Unread 01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Locker Room Leader :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Trask View Post
Sorry, I mean specifically. I'm Cult, but not popular enough Cult to get a deal. So what level do individual areas need to be at, was more what I was getting at.
Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure you need to have popularity in 25% of the areas a provider broadcasts to in order for them to consider you. The actual number I'm not certain about, but for American PPV that generally would mean you'll need enough popularity (whatever it is) in 3 regions of the US. And the smaller the provider the more likely they willk be to take you on too, with it being pretty unlikely you'll make any money off any provider bigger than medium.
Unread 01-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Super Star

I know this is always a point of heavy contention, but here goes:

Call in the ring.

I've got Troy Tornado, 80 Psych, and Sam Keith, 100 Psych. At TCW's level, would having only one guy over 85 be all that I need to call in ring? Or should both guys be over that "magic point?"
Unread 01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by codey View Post

Call in the ring.

I've got Troy Tornado, 80 Psych, and Sam Keith, 100 Psych. At TCW's level, would having only one guy over 85 be all that I need to call in ring? Or should both guys be over that "magic point?"
I'm liking the 'Call in Ring' note for you on this one.
Unread 01-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Rookie

Maybe this isn't a small question, but here goes:

In my Wrestling Without Borders game I've been hitting the Mid-South and Southwest each once a month for the past 2 years and I'm now sitting at D+ and E importance respectively. I'm basically at F everywhere else. Going forward, what's my smartest growth strategy? I know I need to hold my big shows every month in the Mid-South to keep making money, but should I be rotating my second show to other territories? Should I be adding a third monthly show in a third territory (I'm think Midwest)?
Unread 01-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Living Legend

Quote:

Call in the ring.

Probably.

But in the absence of 100 Pysch, 100 Consistency and perfect conditions all 'round, you may still get hit. I've had the Psych note for two guys with 80+ and 90+ in SWF, so it just goes to show. I imagine TCW would be even harder - and match length probably plays a part, too.

Quote:
Ok, so I figure this will be easier to explain with a picture:

--SNIP--

The important parts are circled. Why would it be a ??? like that? All three have been featured on air together, if you're wondering.
I'm not certain, but I think if a worker and manager are in a short segment together, the relationship doesn't always lock. I've only noticed it happen once, but I debuted a manager, her client got signed away from me, and I was able to turn her (and, I think, re-gimmick her) without impact. I assume this is related.
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Major League

Hello. Does anyone have an idea of what DAVE's stats may have looked like before they closed?

Popularity/Prestige
Product

Also, their event names?

Last edited by ZMAN : 01-12-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casey View Post
Probably.
I'm not certain, but I think if a worker and manager are in a short segment together, the relationship doesn't always lock. I've only noticed it happen once, but I debuted a manager, her client got signed away from me, and I was able to turn her (and, I think, re-gimmick her) without impact. I assume this is related.
The relationship should 'lock' instantly. The only time I can ever remember seeing something like the above screenshot was in beta when a manager was signed away without being removed from managing the worker manually, but I thought that was fixed.
Unread 01-13-2012, 03:42 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
Maybe this isn't a small question, but here goes:

In my Wrestling Without Borders game I've been hitting the Mid-South and Southwest each once a month for the past 2 years and I'm now sitting at D+ and E importance respectively. I'm basically at F everywhere else. Going forward, what's my smartest growth strategy? I know I need to hold my big shows every month in the Mid-South to keep making money, but should I be rotating my second show to other territories? Should I be adding a third monthly show in a third territory (I'm think Midwest)?
I suggest to get your popularity to C-C+ range in Mid-South before starting to expand to other areas. There also will be spillover (to 28,6 popularity) to Mid-West and South-West when you reach 65,1 popularity in Mid-South. This way you will be able to gain enough money to survive the jump to cult status and maybe get TV show before cult.
Unread 01-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Low Minors

2 Questions that I just keep forgetting.

1. How long does a segement (promo) have to be for the person to improve?

2. What are the "call in ring" limits per size of company?
Unread 01-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Killian View Post
2 Questions that I just keep forgetting.

1. How long does a segement (promo) have to be for the person to improve?

2. What are the "call in ring" limits per size of company?
For numero uno I can answer 6 minutes. Number two is trickier, I usually don't put either call in ring or script note