Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-15-2012, 04:51 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Okay. I know I haven't played this game in like 6 or 7 months, but I can't believe that I've gotten this terrible.

I'm trying to run USPW. Keyword, trying. I keep having my shows do C-, which is hurting my popularity. Could I get a little help? Or should I modify my product to include more angles to lessen the in-ring burden?

Also, with USPW, I've created a feeder league and put some guys down there, but how long until they are ready to go? I don't think I've ever played a federation with a feeder league, so I'm not sure how long it will take them to get better.
By feeder league do you mean development territory? If you send some talented guys down to train them then you should see an increase of 2-3 points in most stats per month (slowing down as they get better).

Haven't played USPW in a while but I would say that Tyson Baine, Enygma, Alicia Strong, Nicky Champion and Sam Strong are the best guys on your roster and shows should be built around them.
Unread 03-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Low Minors

Yeah, I opened up a developmental territory for USPW to give these guys I created a place to develop as they aren't good enough (thanks IER for pics!). Well, except the four user wrestlers, and even then I put those guys down there to get over.

I was more meaning my in-ring product is suffering. A lot of guys are getting "exposed" and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in that regard. Do I need to coddle most of those aging guys?

...maybe I should've just done SWF. Probably would've been one to make my lay off of playing easier to deal with.
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:35 AM
All Star

Exposed? The matches are too long for their stamina. USPW is filled with geriatrics that can barely go five minutes with blowing up.
Unread 03-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Trask View Post
Exposed? The matches are too long for their stamina. USPW is filled with geriatrics that can barely go five minutes with blowing up.
Pretty much. Go to Product and change the match time settings to 5, 9 and 12 for television and 5, 9 and 20 for PPV. When doing PPV 20 minute matches, remember to slow-build them.
Unread 03-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Low Minors

...in the name of Strong, Keith & Cornell, you are right. >_< Think I need to rethink what I was doing and start all over.

Fire everyone! ...I kid. I am going to need to fire those guys though. Some of them I can't justify. I also see that I made the match lengths beyond what is said. That's what I get for playing a puro fed last.

And also how the hell does T-Rex of all people get over so much being that limited? I don't understand it! He's not even charismatic enough to pull that off! I want to fire the dude, but firing him is like insane with that much popularity.

Oh no, its a written contract! Five years?! I have to deal with him for five years? Not 1 or 2, but five? Some of the other guys I want to cut are on written?

*cries* Why the hell am I doing this to myself? This is driving me up the wall!

Sorry, had to rant now that I've taken a better look.

But I will make this work, somehow.
Unread 03-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
And also how the hell does T-Rex of all people get over so much being that limited? I don't understand it! He's not even charismatic enough to pull that off! I want to fire the dude, but firing him is like insane with that much popularity.

Oh no, its a written contract! Five years?! I have to deal with him for five years? Not 1 or 2, but five? Some of the other guys I want to cut are on written?
heh how good were you before you quit playing? You're looking to fire your best/most useful workers.

Look at T-Rex's menace. Next question?

Last edited by Remianen : 03-15-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Unread 03-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Living Legend

The USPW thread has some great advice that I have found helpful in the past when running USPW:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...highlight=USPW

Running USPW is very different from running a puro fed, which is likely to be be performance based. You have to remember that USPW is about popularity first, actual talent second. And a fiarly distant second. Your key guys are those who have the ability to get over - whether that's through Menace, mic skills, or Star Quality. And T-Rex is a key guy in that sense - he's not that good in the ring but his Meance and Star Quality are outstanding so he will get over very easy.

USPW has a lot of guys with Menace and they tend to get over pretty easy, through Menace-based angles and squash matches. There are also a few guys who are solid in the ring and pretty over (Caufield, Enygma). Use the guys who can get over easy to help build the overness of the rest of the roster. Plus you have the most over individual in the US in Sam Strong - use him. Spam him, if need be.

Remember the basics of a popularity promotion - make sure to use your most over talent regular and limit the impact (usually negative) of those who lack much popularity, even if they are very talented.
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remianen View Post
heh how good were you before you quit playing? You're looking to fire your best/most useful workers.
I was good. I won't say fantastically amazing, but I did well with my last fed and other ones I played.

Quote:
Look at T-Rex's menace. Next question?
Okay, its pretty awesome but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
*words of wisdom*
...you know, I'm wondering if I have ever played a fed like SWF or USPW now. I've probably played ones in which in-ring talent mattered. Now thinking about it, I can't recall a time I didn't.

Maybe that's my problem.

edit: I appreciate the help though. Maybe I should do a diary of this for the hilarity of how bad this will go.
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Maybe that's my problem.

edit: I appreciate the help though. Maybe I should do a diary of this for the hilarity of how bad this will go.
It takes a modified mindset. No matter the product type, skill always matter and popularity always matter. Different product types dictate how much they matter. Realistically, workers like T-Rex and Marat Khoklov, who can build overness really really easily but who are kindy stinky in the ring, can be an asset to any promotion, but they are particularly valuable in an SE fed like the SWF or USPW - if their popularity is high, their relative lack of skills in the ring hurts less. Plus you can put them against skilled opponents, which helps the grade and will improve them as workers.

Since popularity matters more than skill, a worker who is mediocre or worse but has decent overness is more valuable to show grades than a skilled worker with no overness. There are limitations to that, but its an easy trap to fall into. Its why focusing on young and skilled but unknown workers (such as Davis Wayen Newton, Swoop McCarthy, the Keith boys, etc) in these promotions can actually have a negative affect on your show ratings if you are not careful how you use them when their popularity is low. The same is even true of a performance-based fed like TCW but the effect is a bit mitigated.
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Super Star

I have two questions:

1. Is chemistry completely random? I ask because in the game I'm playing I've gotten three instances of positive chemistry and all of them involved the same wrestler with three different opponents.

2. Is there any penalty for using the same manager for more than one wrestler?
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:35 PM
All Star

1. Yes.

2. No.
Unread 03-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
...you know, I'm wondering if I have ever played a fed like SWF or USPW now. I've probably played ones in which in-ring talent mattered. Now thinking about it, I can't recall a time I didn't.

Maybe that's my problem.
Yeah, given his in-ring abilities, there has to be SOME reason T-Rex gets paid like he does, and there is. Here's the secret:

Monster Unleashed angles (menace based), have him destroy pretty much the whole undercard. His menace will get you the grades and his star quality will ensure he's gettin' tons of popularity from them. Put him in a program (storyline) with someone you want to build. Have him destroy said worker in a few matches and angles (the worker being built will still be generating momentum and overness just from being involved with T-Rex). Then, at a PPV, have said worker beat T-Rex, clean. Now, take a gander at said worker's popularity. Pretty neat, no? You can rinse and repeat that indefinitely. T-Rex is the business, y0. Probably the most useful sack of flesh not named Cornell or Stone or McFly. The man's a starmaker. I need to make me a femme version!
Unread 03-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Minor League

I've been watching some old late 80s WWF on Youtube. Good stuff. How would one go about simulating that era without dropping like a stone in fed pop. Having a bunch of short jobber matches isn't good for growth in TCW. I wouldn't necessarily want to go that far anyway but it seems like the modern day Raw era is the preferred booking style.

Also any C-verse workers that come close to Bam Bam Bigelow (star quality, brawling and surprising agility for a big heavyweight), Sting, Savage or some others would be great.I haven't found any. I may create some, what stats would be a good starting point (like front page Rumble, Flying etc. stuff). Thanks.

BTW: No offense but most of what mods of this era are out there I found many workers overrated. I'm not calling out any mod and I don't remember what I checked out. I'd rather do C-verse anyway, just in the old school style.
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufas2000 View Post
I've been watching some old late 80s WWF on Youtube. Good stuff. How would one go about simulating that era without dropping like a stone in fed pop. Having a bunch of short jobber matches isn't good for growth in TCW. I wouldn't necessarily want to go that far anyway but it seems like the modern day Raw era is the preferred booking style.

Also any C-verse workers that come close to Bam Bam Bigelow (star quality, brawling and surprising agility for a big heavyweight), Sting, Savage or some others would be great.I haven't found any. I may create some, what stats would be a good starting point (like front page Rumble, Flying etc. stuff). Thanks.

BTW: No offense but most of what mods of this era are out there I found many workers overrated. I'm not calling out any mod and I don't remember what I checked out. I'd rather do C-verse anyway, just in the old school style.
Having a series of squashes on TV works moderately well in the C-verse if you have workers who can pull decent grades in those kinds of matches - so long as you combine with some decent angles and a decent main event. You don't absolutely have to follow the Raw/Nitro/Impact formula and do PPV-caliber matches on TV all the time, but its easier to grab strong grades. Another approach would be to only have a B show, where booking in a way that doesn't maximize grades does no harm but there are downsides to that, plus you have to fudge a little to set it up in the first place.

Bam Bam Bigelow: Eddie Peak, Raymond Diaz, Brandon James

Savage and Sting are a bit tougher, because there are quality honestly quite a few workers who have the basic skills to work as either of those two. The likes of Joey Minnesota, Wolf Hawkins, Marc DuBois, both Bumfhole brothers, both Keith boys, Davis Wayne Newton, Swoop McCarthy, and some others all have the fundamental skills that would be required, though some of those still need some degree of refinement in certain areas...
Unread 03-15-2012, 10:12 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remianen View Post
... Probably the most useful sack of flesh not named Cornell or Stone or McFly. The man's a starmaker. I need to make me a femme version!
Monster Ishimura? That's exactly how I use her in WCW. Her menace isn't very high (C+) but it's good enough to get the job done against female workers who can sell like crazy. Her and Thea Davis have quite the rivalry...