Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Minor League

Early Chyna is hard to sim properly in TEW terms IMO. Its the combination of sex appeal and menace. She probably wouldn't rate very high on either but the cross between the two is what made her special. I created angles that are the normal promo angles with both divas and bodyguards just for this sort of thing.

If I were doing a mod I would give her high sex appeal. It wouldn't be perfect in accuracy but would allow the game to simulate her impact. And later when she was less meancing and looked more feminine it would still be more accurate. A high star quality would also help.
Unread 03-20-2012, 08:05 AM
All Star

With Chyna I think SQ is the key.

The scariest girls in the cverse have menace in the high 60s. If they get rated on that and have high SQ they'll get over quickly - especially with kayfabe and non-kayfabe relationships with main eventers on regular TV twice a week.

If her SA is also high then she can be rated on either depending on what she's doing.

Throw in a narrative/random event for playboy pictures/home videos with X-Pac too.

Seems like the situation is simulated perfectly to me.
Unread 03-20-2012, 01:35 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufas2000 View Post
If I were doing a mod I would give her high sex appeal.

To each his own, I suppose.
Unread 03-20-2012, 10:01 PM
All Star

To best use Chyna:

Don't book her like a woman
Don't book her like a man
Don't book her like you know her.
Just book her for who and what she is.

...Or you know, just build overness with squash matches or something.
Unread 03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Minor League

In fairness she looked better later on.

I'm not rating her looks, I was trying to find a way to sim her unique appeal in TEW. A 60 in both menace and sex appeal won't do it as neither rating will jack up the segments enough. Picking one and raising that is a better way to go. I picked sex appeal because out of the two choices that would probably be higher than menace. Also later on it would make more sense as she was less menacing and more appealing.

BTW: I created a bunch of angles that are standards promos with a bodyguard looking menacing or a diva looking sexy. I was thinking on how those angles would sim in a way I find correct as well as the way others were describing China.
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:38 PM

Default Developmental Territory

I want to start a Developmental Territory but I want to do it with an existing company not start one from scratch can you do that?

Also how do you manage your Developmental Territory?
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Minor League

Quote:
I want to start a Developmental Territory but I want to do it with an existing company not start one from scratch can you do that?

They'll probably be detailed analysis from others but in general:

To get a existing fed as a developmental territory find a small fed and propose a "parent company" relationship with them. If they accept you have your developmental territory. If not find another and propose the same relationship.

The only management you can do with your developmental fed (without using the editor) is send workers, give them a focus and recall the workers when you want them back. The other operations of the fed will be handled by them (i.e. the computer), you have no control over those.

BTW: That holds true even if you open the developmental territory with your own money (or as you said start it from scratch).
Unread 03-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Super Star

Should you decide to create your own development promotion, don't worry about titles - the AI adds them before the first event is held.
Unread 03-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwrterofthedeep View Post

Go to Business, then Promotion Pacts and offer the given promotion a Parent Company relationship. You will hear back in a few days. Whether they will accept depends on the owner.

You don't really do much to "manage" it, whether its an exciting promotion or one you create. You can simply assign talent there - they have to be on a Written contact. The child promotion will then use them as they see fit.

Edit - rufas beat me to it. Oh well.
Unread 03-21-2012, 03:06 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
Go to Business, then Promotion Pacts and offer the given promotion a Parent Company relationship. You will hear back in a few days. Whether they will accept depends on the owner.

You don't really do much to "manage" it, whether its an exciting promotion or one you create. You can simply assign talent there - they have to be on a Written contact. The child promotion will then use them as they see fit.

Edit - rufas beat me to it. Oh well.
Lol. But I think you meant "existing".
Unread 03-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Low Minors

I am TCW, Rich Money contract was expiring. I entered negotiations with him and he said he didn't want a written deal or a ppa deal. Kinda weird. Is that like a glitch or does it basically mean that he just wont sign with me?
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:43 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3590 View Post
I am TCW, Rich Money contract was expiring. I entered negotiations with him and he said he didn't want a written deal or a ppa deal. Kinda weird. Is that like a glitch or does it basically mean that he just wont sign with me?
It's not a glitch, and no, you won't get him. It's two rules interacting:

1. Are you more important than his current employer? If not, then no, he doesn't want a written contract as he doesn't want to give up more lucrative contracts.

2. Are you National or better? If so, then he wants you to offer him a written contract as your the size where that's expected.
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3590 View Post
Doing exactly the same thing in my game.

As Eidenhoek has explained, this is just two rules conflicting with each other.

In my experience your best bet is to wait and see whether he leaves SWF, then snap him up once he's free. He wont go back to them and you're #2 in the world so signing him shouldn't be problematic.

Side note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRaven View Post
To best use Chyna:

That made me lol.

Last edited by Devilb0y : 03-22-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:33 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRaven View Post
To best use Chyna:

Or simply, don't book her at all
Unread 03-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Minor League

Quote:
As Eidenhoek has explained, this is just two rules conflicting with each other.
Hopefully in the next TCW game (hope there is one) they'll be a fix for that. Or a new contract system.

I've had that happen with TCW and Rich Money (and others) all the time. And the SWF always resigns him LOL.