Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Favourite COTT Member?
Canadian Charisma Championship Combat (4C) 3 5.88%
Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling (CZCW) 16 31.37%
Mid Atlantic Wrestling (MAW) 18 35.29%
New York City Wrestling (NYCW) 5 9.80%
Original Lucha Libre Is Eternal (OLLIE) 9 17.65%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 08-19-2019, 06:20 AM
EBEZA EBEZA is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 873
Default Favourite COTT Company?

Simple enough question: who is your favourite member of the Confederation Of The Territories, and why?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 08-19-2019, 08:59 AM
Historian's Avatar
Historian Historian is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,319
Default

MAW has been my favorite company since 2005. They were who I learned the CVerse with and the company I have spent the most time booking since then. As anyone who has read The Climb can attest, Iím a pretty simple booker. I donít run a lot of gimmick matches, I donít do a bunch of wild and crazy angles. Itís pretty simple, old school storytelling. Plus most of my favorite workers have come through the MAW system.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 08-19-2019, 10:27 AM
TLCJR4LIFE TLCJR4LIFE is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,096
Default

OLLIE but only because their starting roster is good and they are the only company I’ve actually booked
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 08-19-2019, 10:44 AM
neslo024 neslo024 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 65
Default

I ended up choosing CZCW but it was a tough call. MAW is so fun to play with but I love tag teams and The American Cobras and Going Coastal gave CZCW the edge.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 08-20-2019, 01:38 AM
BHK1978's Avatar
BHK1978 BHK1978 is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,647
Default

I hardly ever play as either OLLIE or 4C so that eliminates them right off the bat.

The other three are tough as those are the three I play the most as (Well SWF would probably be in the mix there somewhere).

It is like a parent trying to choose their favorite kid here. I guess CZCW, mainly because they are always my first save every time I buy a new TEW game.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 08-20-2019, 03:33 AM
EBEZA EBEZA is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
MAW has been my favorite company since 2005. They were who I learned the CVerse with and the company I have spent the most time booking since then. As anyone who has read The Climb can attest, Iím a pretty simple booker. I donít run a lot of gimmick matches, I donít do a bunch of wild and crazy angles. Itís pretty simple, old school storytelling. Plus most of my favorite workers have come through the MAW system.
I think that's part of why I love The Climb so much: it contrasts with my style of booking (which is decidedly sports-entertainment rather than rasslin') nicely, giving me a completely different experience to when I book shows myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post
OLLIE but only because their starting roster is good and they are the only company Iíve actually booked
Wait, you've only ever played as OLLIE?! Or do you mean you usually play RW mods, or create your own company, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neslo024 View Post
I ended up choosing CZCW but it was a tough call. MAW is so fun to play with but I love tag teams and The American Cobras and Going Coastal gave CZCW the edge.
I love tag teams, based on how chemistry works alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
I hardly ever play as either OLLIE or 4C so that eliminates them right off the bat.

The other three are tough as those are the three I play the most as (Well SWF would probably be in the mix there somewhere).

It is like a parent trying to choose their favorite kid here. I guess CZCW, mainly because they are always my first save every time I buy a new TEW game.
Fair enough!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 08-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Matt_Black Matt_Black is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 506
Default

I think it's unfortunate this poll does not include companies that are hard-wired to join when they debut, like Quebec Pro Wrestling, Rocky Mountain Wrestling, & Canadian Women's Wrestling Federation.

Anyway, I also voted for OLLIE, as most of the other COTT companies just can't keep me hooked with their product or roster.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 08-20-2019, 12:43 PM
misterioso's Avatar
misterioso misterioso is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 24
Default

OLLIE is the only one that I have ever had a long term save with, albeit in TEW 2013, so I will go with them. Never really was able to get as interested in any of the other companies in any iteration of TEW, although 4C intrigues me the most in 2016.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 08-20-2019, 12:56 PM
a0161613 a0161613 is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 176
Default

I've only ever seen CWWF be formed.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 08-20-2019, 01:09 PM
TheMightyDontKneel TheMightyDontKneel is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Walsall, England
Posts: 8
Default

Costal Zone for me. I absolutely love that it feels like some Chikara/RoH/PWG hybrid and its how I book it. Dream indy matches where theres some storyline but then a lot of goofiness to match.

I tend to always book it with 4 points getting you a Championship match, 2 points for an Xtreme, tags require three but as with Chikara at times multiple points are on offer. I'll tend to run it as three shows every 2 months as well with the occasional big 3 show weekend too. 20 shows a year max but it makes it fun to do year long storylines.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 08-20-2019, 01:13 PM
a0161613 a0161613 is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post
OLLIE but only because their starting roster is good and they are the only company I’ve actually booked
You make some good points in other threads about booking things like OLLIE and QAW. Your thread on taking feds to Global,nthe one that started with PSW had promise as an ongoing series.

I'd like to see you tackle one of the COTT feds.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 08-20-2019, 04:36 PM
PDAred PDAred is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Default

I've ended up playing most often as OLLIE, I've played as CWWF and RMW and liked it,

but I voted for CZCW because I feel it's more of a "COTT company" than OLLIE is, and CWWF and RMW are not available options.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 08-20-2019, 06:23 PM
TLCJR4LIFE TLCJR4LIFE is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
You make some good points in other threads about booking things like OLLIE and QAW. Your thread on taking feds to Global,nthe one that started with PSW had promise as an ongoing series.

I'd like to see you tackle one of the COTT feds.
Iím redoing PSW as I wasnít happy with my first try run.

Currently doing QAW, but my next game/thread will be a COTT game for sure. Whether it be an original COTT or a created company that joins the COTT.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 08-20-2019, 11:31 PM
BHK1978's Avatar
BHK1978 BHK1978 is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,647
Default

Also I just wanted to add when I run a COTT fed I always invite FCW, PSW, and one of the Women's promotions to join. Usually it is AAA but I will sometimes invite QAW. The reason for inviting a Women's promotion is to add a Women's COTT Championship that can be defended in both Mexico and America.

I also tend to add a Six Man/Trios COTT Title. Oddly enough, that title usually does not end up being defended in OLLIE all that much. It tends to be defended in MAW and 4C more than any of the other promotions.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 08-21-2019, 05:10 AM
EBEZA EBEZA is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Black View Post
I think it's unfortunate this poll does not include companies that are hard-wired to join when they debut, like Quebec Pro Wrestling, Rocky Mountain Wrestling, & Canadian Women's Wrestling Federation.
Honestly, I've never seen any of those companies develop organically, must've been pretty unlucky in my saves! Also, the point was the default database's starting members, as most companies could be considered potential members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Black View Post
Anyway, I also voted for OLLIE, as most of the other COTT companies just can't keep me hooked with their product or roster.
Fair enough, OLLIE certainly has quite a few fans, by the look of the poll! Out of curiosity, how many companies like QPW, RMW and CWWF would you say there are that are "hard-wired to join?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterioso View Post
OLLIE is the only one that I have ever had a long term save with, albeit in TEW 2013, so I will go with them. Never really was able to get as interested in any of the other companies in any iteration of TEW, although 4C intrigues me the most in 2016.
What about 4C intrigues you in 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
I've only ever seen CWWF be formed.
That's one more than I've seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyDontKneel View Post
Costal Zone for me. I absolutely love that it feels like some Chikara/RoH/PWG hybrid and its how I book it. Dream indy matches where theres some storyline but then a lot of goofiness to match.

I tend to always book it with 4 points getting you a Championship match, 2 points for an Xtreme, tags require three but as with Chikara at times multiple points are on offer. I'll tend to run it as three shows every 2 months as well with the occasional big 3 show weekend too. 20 shows a year max but it makes it fun to do year long storylines.
Ah, you run CZCW like a league-format? Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAred View Post
I've ended up playing most often as OLLIE, I've played as CWWF and RMW and liked it,

but I voted for CZCW because I feel it's more of a "COTT company" than OLLIE is, and CWWF and RMW are not available options.
What makes you feel like OLLIE isn't a "COTT company?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post
Iím redoing PSW as I wasnít happy with my first try run.

Currently doing QAW, but my next game/thread will be a COTT game for sure. Whether it be an original COTT or a created company that joins the COTT.
I've just read through the QAW thread so far, very enlightening. I'm not a power gamer (or whatever the term was), but certain little tidbits certainly will help my success rate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
Also I just wanted to add when I run a COTT fed I always invite FCW, PSW, and one of the Women's promotions to join. Usually it is AAA but I will sometimes invite QAW. The reason for inviting a Women's promotion is to add a Women's COTT Championship that can be defended in both Mexico and America.

I also tend to add a Six Man/Trios COTT Title. Oddly enough, that title usually does not end up being defended in OLLIE all that much. It tends to be defended in MAW and 4C more than any of the other promotions.
How do alliance decisions like that work? Say you invite a company, do the AI companies in the alliance take a vote?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.