Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Grey Dog Software Think Tank > Mafia games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrows View Post
Me, Taker, and Wall, as Mafia. *Evil grin.*
With more players there might be larger Mafia groups so add PeterHilton into the mix and we'll be UNSTOPPABUBBUBBLE!
Unread 07-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Minor League

Note: SoM HAS been out of town, the entire time. I sent the kill, and someone else staying there would log on long enough to send it to SB. He never once viewed the thread during this time, so the invisible guy that Taker caught and believed to be SoM(Which lead to the whole downfall of the Mafia), was a shot in the dark, that wasn't true, but was blindly followed.

You guys REALLY gotta stop blindly following a false lead like sheep, even if it is the right lynch.
Unread 07-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Note: SoM HAS been out of town, the entire time. I sent the kill, and someone else staying there would log on long enough to send it to SB. He never once viewed the thread during this time, so the invisible guy that Taker caught and believed to be SoM(Which lead to the whole downfall of the Mafia), was a shot in the dark, that wasn't true, but was blindly followed.

You guys REALLY gotta stop blindly following a false lead like sheep, even if it is the right lynch.
Umm...isn't that kind of the point when you're the town. It's rare to have a "solid" lead on someone so you have to try and dig a bit deeper. If no one voted until there was definitive proof then no one would ever vote. Townies are going to die, it's inevitable, and a lot of the time a shot in the dark and/or you have to take any lead you can find. It's easy for you to say that because you were in the mafia and knew who wasn't in your mafia.
Unread 07-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Minor League

I knew Tristram and SoM were in the Mafia before I even got put into the game.:-P Had I come in as a townie, the SS was screwed.
Unread 07-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Grey Dog Software

Quote:

1. It got us the right lynch.

2. Sensai of Mattitude had 'gone dark' and that was suspicious enough in itself.

3. With no knowledge about any of the other players at that time (other than Wallbanger) we had to follow any lead we could. At the end it was all or nothing and we had to take a leap of faith, the only other lead we had was mjdgoldeneye asking SB about his pm during the game.

4. If you'd have caught onto the fact that someone had been double voting and claimed that as your role then i'd have probably believed you.
Unread 07-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Minor League

Wouldn't have worked. With that, I couldn't have kept SoM alive another day. By myself, it would've been Taker, Wall, Me. Theres no way in hell I was getting through that one.
Unread 07-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Super Star

Quote:

Yep, basically. The relatives that I were staying with had an internet connection that I could use for a short amount of time every day, and since I had already told everybody that I was going to be out of town, I figured I'd set my status to invisible to not look suspicious.

Anyway, I haven't read every page that I missed from being away, but good job townies.
Unread 07-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterHilton View Post
Ditto. Played a really good game and asked the right questions. He was definitely one of the first people I KNEW had some suspicions about Astil, BIGJOSH, and I.

So we killed him a soon as he mentioned it.
Yes I did. Along with Arrows and a couple of more that turned out to be mafia. Unfortuanetly, all that got me was dead.

Great game guys. I'll be honest, the last time I was online thought all hope was gone for the town. Great comeback!

Last edited by theoutlaw321 : 07-15-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Unread 10-01-2018, 12:17 AM
Super Star

I had forgotten how truly awful we played for most of this game. But turned it around and brought it home.
Unread 10-01-2018, 12:18 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoutlaw321 View Post
I had forgotten how truly awful we played for most of this game. But turned it around and brought it home.
And for the record I reread this entire thread today.....