Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Bowl Bound General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-21-2015, 02:07 PM
GDS Developer

Exclamation BBCF update 1.62 live

I've just completed an update for BBCF (version 1.62) with the features below. I have updated the main installer, update installer and the free demo. The update is free for anyone who has purchased BBCF to this point and has a valid license:

Main install:
http://download.elicense.com/GDS/BBInstall.exe

1.62 update (if you have version 1.52 or later installed, or if you have the demo and want to upgrade):
http://download.elicense.com/GDS/BBUpdate162.exe

Updated Free demo (if you don't currently own BBCF and want to try it):
http://download.elicense.com/GDS/BBInstalldemo.exe

Because this game is going on sale, the pstats.dat includes the 1.52 nicknames (ie, Arizona Bobcats) and non-corporate bowl games. If you don't want the update to overwrite your pstats.dat you used from 1.60 to 1.62, I also included a zipped version of the update:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wf...FUpdate162.zip

Just copy over the files in graphics/screens and the main files except pstats.dat. If you don't have 1.60 or later, just go ahead and download the full 1.62 update above (it will overwrite your pstats.dat file though, so make sure to back it up beforehand if you want to save your version).

Here's the contents of the update (it's also in the bbcfupdate16.txt file with the patch):

1. Updated the team list to have all 128 teams in the proper conferences. Added helmets and team information for all the new teams. I also made all the names match college football (ie, no more South Bend).

2. The game now schedules 12 games per team (instead of 11). There may be instances where 1-2 teams rarely get 11 games because of the new league structure - but I haven't seen this in the latest versions of the update.

3. Added new schedule options including handling 13-team conferences with two divisions in the 7-6 format. The game also schedules 9 conference games for the Pacific 12 and Big 12 (before they only had 8)

4. Added in a new postseason option called "4-team Playoffs". This is essentially the 2015 format with the play-in game happening in week 20 and the winners squaring off in week 21 for the championship. So, you can now play the Old BCS, a 16-team playoff or the current "And 1" playoff format.

5. Updated the Bowl list to include all 40 current bowl games. I also updated the select logic to mimic the current process. There is some subjectivity in the current process, but this should end up fairly close. Reminder for modding, you can create your own bowl logos by naming them the bowl name with _ where spaces occur. So, for the Gildan New Mexico Bowl, you would name the file Gildan_New_Mexico_Bowl.jpg (and put it the graphics/bowl/ folder).

6. Update the prestige values to more closely resemble the 2015 landscape. Given the player creation logic, you will still see some fluctuation at the start of each game.

7. Change the bowl eligibility logic. With 80 teams selected for bowls now, I had to allow teams with 5 wins to be selected.

8. (added 1.61) Added in a coach editor to change ratings and info for the OC, DC and ST coach on any team.

9. Some other minor enhancements and bug fixes.

Obviously, old saves won't have all these changes as the pstats.dat file will have been much different (no new teams, bowls, etc). The updated version of the game should still work with old saves, but it hasn't been fully tested with each mod/save setup. Outside of some of the minor bug fixes, the new version *should* schedule 12 games per team the next offseason it is used. I would highly recommend starting a new game to get all the new features/changes.

Last edited by Arlie Rahn : 05-03-2016 at 04:57 PM.
Unread 08-21-2015, 02:40 PM
Rookie

Great news! From a fresh install, do we need to first install the 1.52 patch?
Unread 08-21-2015, 03:07 PM
GDS Developer

I don't think so. If you run the main game install and then run this update, you should be set.
Unread 08-21-2015, 10:52 PM

Any chance of getting an 8 team playoff?

Is it possible to remove conferences? I.E. A game with only the Power 5 conferences?
Unread 08-21-2015, 11:20 PM

Great news! Are there going to be any enhancements in Multiplayer mode? Some thing like editing coach information like age and alma mater or deleting game plans or some form of import for scheduling? Also, have the offense and defense philosophis been updated for modern sets.

Can't wait to try this out.
Unread 08-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Phenom

Please please please give us the ability to edit coaching staffs
Unread 08-22-2015, 10:45 AM
Low Minors

Perfect timing Arlie. Actually just dusted this game off and started a new career about a week ago. Thanks for the update.

Any chance of allowing us to edit the number of teams in a future version of the game? Would love to play a smaller sized fictional league with only 50-60 schools.
Unread 08-22-2015, 11:46 AM
GDS Developer

You can still mod like people did on the last version. If you are changing the structure, you need to open the pstats.dat file with ms access (or access editing program). Just change the teams and conference table. Also make sure you remove some bowl games as you will get an error of not enough teams are bowl eligible. Finally, remove any entries from the schedmatch table that you don't need (nonconf matchups that occur each year).
Unread 08-22-2015, 11:47 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Please please please give us the ability to edit coaching staffs
Let me see what I can do. This has been a request for a while.
Unread 08-22-2015, 11:58 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by airraidsiren38 View Post
Great news! Are there going to be any enhancements in Multiplayer mode? Some thing like editing coach information like age and alma mater or deleting game plans or some form of import for scheduling? Also, have the offense and defense philosophis been updated for modern sets.

Can't wait to try this out.
This...lol.
Unread 08-22-2015, 03:41 PM
Low Minors

Is this compatible to re-install on a Win8.1 machine.? I recently (as in the last year) tried and was having issues
Unread 08-22-2015, 04:12 PM
Low Minors

also, any future thought on allowing higher screen resolution?
Unread 08-22-2015, 06:18 PM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle View Post
Is this compatible to re-install on a Win8.1 machine.? I recently (as in the last year) tried and was having issues
Try doing a full install and then adding the above zip. I'm using a Win 8.1 right now as a test machine and it runs OK.
Unread 08-22-2015, 07:15 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlie Rahn View Post
Try doing a full install and then adding the above zip. I'm using a Win 8.1 right now as a test machine and it runs OK.
I think I may have registry corrupt on my C drive. I can't de-install either. I receive an install.log error.

I went ahead and unlicensed, then installed a fresh run on another partitioned drive...maybe that will do the trick. Going create a league and sim a few seasons to make sure everything runs fluidly

EDIT - Still getting a Run-Time error '48' Error in loading DLL

This is the same one I have been getting for sometime trying to load this. I know others have posted on the boards getting the same thing in past months....not sure how to fix it.

Last edited by wareagle : 08-22-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Unread 08-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Minor League

Is this during the install process?

If it's after, make sure you restart the computer AND then run the program as administrator. We've got guys on 8 and 10 running it.