Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-07-2018, 12:41 PM

Default Different psychology requirements for match types

It seems unfair that matches like battle royals or hardcore matches get dinged for lack of psychology when they require very little in the first place. Certainly it should factor in less than a 60 minute Iron Man, for example.

Maybe varying degrees of psychology requirements or lesser degrees of penalties?
Unread 11-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-rock View Post
It seems unfair that matches like battle royals or hardcore matches get dinged for lack of psychology when they require very little in the first place. Certainly it should factor in less than a 60 minute Iron Man, for example.

Maybe varying degrees of psychology requirements or lesser degrees of penalties?
While I see your overall point, I have to disagree. Battle Royals, Hardcore match types, etc.. require a fair amount of psychology to do them correctly. Now, there are a lot of hardcore matches that are just smash-smash-smash and don't use psychology, but that's what the overbook feature is for. A proper hardcore-style match can require lots of psychology on when to break out what weapon, how to build to a big spot and then bring it back down so that you can let the crowd cool off.

But that's also what the call-in-the-ring and script features are for. Battle Royals for instance are often scripted quite heavily and they're regularly feeding instructions to referees through ear pieces to help make sure guys know when to get tossed, etc...

Hardcore matches get a lot of scripting too so guys know when they're going to take big bumps.

I do see your point though, and perhaps there could be different kids of psychology -- like a 'gimmick match' psychology and a 'non gimmick match' psychology which can effect how workers perform in different kinds of matches if you want to call them in the ring.
Unread 11-08-2018, 02:08 PM
Living Legend

I'm fairly certain battle royals already get some sort of leeway.
Unread 11-09-2018, 12:02 AM

I see the point and while I agree there are match type penalties that are annoying, I feel as though that attributes more to the Match Style being its hindrance. But I can see why they exist.

Still I personally don't think Psychology is the answer to this. This, in theory, could open more Psychology options, like Hardcore Psych or High Flying Psych. And could for example be like, a Lightweight decent wrestler who has good HFP. But that doesn't seem appropriate imo cause thats what Psychology is there for.

How to address this though in my book, is make Styles be their own category along with Skills, Popularity, Performance. There, the dominant style is suggested on the profile. And if someone were to be say, 75% on all styles, they'd be considered a All-Rounder. Whereas a Big Heavyweight would likely have high Brawling and would be considered a Brawler.