Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #376  
Unread 04-27-2014, 10:38 PM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 5,654
Default

I didn't want Rock playing Cyborg at all. I personally think Cyborg is a boring character, so I'd rather him play a character I actually like, Black Adam or John Stewart for example.

Rock said the character has never been done in a live action setting, and as far as I can recall, Black Adam nor John Stewart have been done.

I'd love for Idris Elba to play John Stewart though
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Unread 04-27-2014, 11:38 PM
bigtplaystew's Avatar
bigtplaystew bigtplaystew is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 646
Default

So Zack Snyder is going to be directing the JLA movie... great... another "Dark gritty" interpretation to brace for. God forbid we actually enjoy ourselves at a superhero movie.
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Unread 04-28-2014, 01:38 AM
Hive's Avatar
Hive Hive is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtplaystew View Post
So Zack Snyder is going to be directing the JLA movie... great... another "Dark gritty" interpretation to brace for. God forbid we actually enjoy ourselves at a superhero movie.
Thankfully, we have The Avengers for that.
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Unread 04-28-2014, 03:41 AM
The Swanton825's Avatar
The Swanton825 The Swanton825 is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtplaystew View Post
So Zack Snyder is going to be directing the JLA movie... great... another "Dark gritty" interpretation to brace for. God forbid we actually enjoy ourselves at a superhero movie.
Oh for the love of...can somebody get Mark Waid and Alex Ross in here before Snyder single-handedly brings the Dark Age into films?
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Unread 04-28-2014, 04:09 AM
RayW's Avatar
RayW RayW is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London, England
Posts: 852
Default

The JLA series of movies was doomed when they announced Superman/Batman.

They are attempting to rush a JLA movie into production by, seemingly, introducing everyone in one movie. It's stupid and wreckless. I'm a massive DC fan, I've always preferred DC over Marvel, but if Marvel got anything absolutely spot on, it was the Avengers series of movies. DC need to look at that and copy that formula.

DC need to give the major characters their own platform to be introduced on. We've had a Superman movie, and I honestly don't feel that Batman needs to be seen until the JLA movie itself. Then we should at least have a Wonder Woman, a proper Green Lantern and either a Flash or Martian Man Hunter movie. This way we have met the bulk of the JLA (minus whoever else they throw in - Cyborg apparently? Probably anyone else that they want too). Everyone knows Batman, we don't need another solo movie from him, he can be spoken off in the other movies, and introduced in the JLA movie.

The way they are doing it now just gives me a headache. This movie is turning into a clusterbang of different characters that do not need to be seen yet. And why? Because they feel they need to get it done as quick possible. Just take your time and it'll come, the characters are great, and they, as well as us fans, deserve better.

I liked Man of Steel, I didn't see why everyone hated it, and I was looking forward to the sequel, but I've very quickly lost all faith in it and any future movies they do.
Reply With Quote
  #381  
Unread 04-28-2014, 04:22 AM
Hive's Avatar
Hive Hive is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,155
Default

I fully agree with RayW (except for the "prefer DC over Marvel" part ); it's an absurdly rushed approach they're taking with this, and I don't think it will be the Avengers-ish success they aim for.

But eh... I don't care much for DC heroes these days. I loved them as a kid, and Superman is the only comic I ever had an actual subscription for - but the older I got, I found DC's characters to be more and more cartoonish and child-like compared to Marvel - the exceptions being Batman (whom is best described as a Marvel hero in a DC world) and, partially, Green Lantern. It's a shame really, especially since many of DC's villains are actually top notch... but I simply find the heroes too silly and one-dimensional for the most part.

Anyway, with all that said, I'd still like to see DC succeed. Superheroes are so insanely hot these days that even with Marvel, Fox and Sony churning out 1-2 movies each per year, I could easily see room for Warner Brothers doing the same. If they manage to do it right. A weak and rushed copy of The Avengers won't do.
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Unread 04-28-2014, 04:43 AM
Basmat01's Avatar
Basmat01 Basmat01 is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 516
Default

DC do make really good cartoon movies. I really enjoy Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. just thought it was a really great storyline.
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Unread 04-28-2014, 05:12 AM
hellboy2's Avatar
hellboy2 hellboy2 is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 243
Default

my kids were at their grand parents for the weekend and my partner was working abroad so i had the house to myself

i did a Children of the Corn day

they are unique in way, as i have never experienced a series that could go from bad to worse to okay to terrible

COTC 1-3 are total crap, i remember the first one being amazing

COTC 4 was my favorite, mainly because Karen Black is one of the oddest looking actresses ever, also has the biggest kill count (i think i wasn't reall counting)

COTC 5 had Eva Mendes in it, not sure if it made it worse or just a little better, but it soon went downhill

COTC 6 Even though the later ones are awful, this was my worst, i made dinner at this point and didn't even bother pausing

COTC 7 and 8 terrible, simply terrible, one character was killed in the bath by what looked like a green bin liner, plus side 7 had Micheal Ironside negative he had about 4 lines and 8 had Billy Drago

and finally the remake, i liked it, was more like the short story, but was still pretty bad

why can't they make a decent Children of the Corn film, the premise is amazing, these should be horror classics

on a sidenote The Lord of the Ring films running time combined equals to all eight COTC running times, i have never watched the LOTR series but looked at the back of all 3 dvds, and was going to watch it Pulp Fiction style and watch the Two Towers first and then the first one and finally the third
next weekend i m doing the Hellraiser series, already seen them but its been a year or so since i checked them out
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Unread 04-28-2014, 06:49 AM
Hive's Avatar
Hive Hive is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,155
Default

Why on earth would you not watch LOTR chronologically?
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:05 AM
moon_lit_tears's Avatar
moon_lit_tears moon_lit_tears is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy2 View Post

i did a Children of the Corn day
So I've seen oen of these movies, don't ask me which one, but I did and I'l l never watch another one in my entire life.

Picture this. I left home to visit an aunt in Michigan (I went from Maryland) I'd been there two days. Her and I are laying on the couch eating chips her husband is in the "garage" drinking and working on his bike, her kids are out of at their grandmothers. Now where she lives it's pretty rural. She's got about 4 acres of lands with a corn field at the side of her house that they quad through from time to time.

So it's about 2am and the movie finish and she says she's going to check on her husband. She leaves through the front door and not the back. She calls the house about two minutes later and asks me to bring out another bottle of rum...so I am like okay..she tells me to go out the front because the back door got jammed and her husband had yet to fix it. I knew it got jammed but I thought he had fixed it, guess not. So I go out the door and head to give it to her. Now the only light coming from the garage is on the left side of the house which is about 3-4 feet away from the edge of the corn field. I think nothing of this because I've been through it the previous evening with her four wheeler. I'm about half way to theend of the house just within the light of the Garage and she and her husband jump out of the corn field and scare the living day lights out of me. It's the first time since I learned to use the potty as a toddler that I peed myself and it's never happened since...

So I refuse to watch another movie that has anything to do about corn fields....

Although I must tell you this woman is sick sometimes. When I was 2 she made me cry because she told me I was Rudolph pooh. Now being born about 3 minutes before midnight on Christmas eve...then when I was six she told me she was going to push me out of a carnival ride when we were at the top and upside down...she's evil...evil...evil.
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:21 AM
hellboy2's Avatar
hellboy2 hellboy2 is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive View Post
Why on earth would you not watch LOTR chronologically?
i imagine the first one to be the most slow paced, so i would start with The Two Towers, which i heard has a massive battle, Fellowship of the Ring to bring me up to where i need to be with the story, and finish with the last one

my partner loves it, but i don't know, love books but never read them either, something just tells me to stay away
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:27 AM
hellboy2's Avatar
hellboy2 hellboy2 is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_lit_tears View Post
So I've seen oen of these movies, don't ask me which one, but I did and I'l l never watch another one in my entire life.

Picture this. I left home to visit an aunt in Michigan (I went from Maryland) I'd been there two days. Her and I are laying on the couch eating chips her husband is in the "garage" drinking and working on his bike, her kids are out of at their grandmothers. Now where she lives it's pretty rural. She's got about 4 acres of lands with a corn field at the side of her house that they quad through from time to time.

So it's about 2am and the movie finish and she says she's going to check on her husband. She leaves through the front door and not the back. She calls the house about two minutes later and asks me to bring out another bottle of rum...so I am like okay..she tells me to go out the front because the back door got jammed and her husband had yet to fix it. I knew it got jammed but I thought he had fixed it, guess not. So I go out the door and head to give it to her. Now the only light coming from the garage is on the left side of the house which is about 3-4 feet away from the edge of the corn field. I think nothing of this because I've been through it the previous evening with her four wheeler. I'm about half way to theend of the house just within the light of the Garage and she and her husband jump out of the corn field and scare the living day lights out of me. It's the first time since I learned to use the potty as a toddler that I peed myself and it's never happened since...

So I refuse to watch another movie that has anything to do about corn fields....

Although I must tell you this woman is sick sometimes. When I was 2 she made me cry because she told me I was Rudolph pooh. Now being born about 3 minutes before midnight on Christmas eve...then when I was six she told me she was going to push me out of a carnival ride when we were at the top and upside down...she's evil...evil...evil.
your Auntie sounds amazing, tempted to add Field of Dreams to the COTC series, the connection being COTC are horror films and Kevin Costner is the definition of horror, and of course the cornfields
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Unread 04-28-2014, 10:18 AM
moon_lit_tears's Avatar
moon_lit_tears moon_lit_tears is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy2 View Post
your Auntie sounds amazing, tempted to add Field of Dreams to the COTC series, the connection being COTC are horror films and Kevin Costner is the definition of horror, and of course the cornfields
I love her to pieces. She's gotten a lot nicer as I've gotten older and learn to ignore most of what she says.



Also...are the LOTR movies even worth watching? I'm not a huge movie person, nor much TV either and I'm more drama/comedy/romance blah blah blah well whatever I feel like watching on Netflix at the time, but I've heard they are boring.

I watched the Harry potter movies and was let down, and I loved the Inheritance books and was told that the LOTR books are similar to that genera. So....is it true?
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Unread 04-28-2014, 10:56 AM
bigtplaystew's Avatar
bigtplaystew bigtplaystew is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 646
Default

With LOTR those movies increase in awesomeness IMO. So if you think "Fellowship" is boring (I did) you can still love the hell out of Twin Towers (I did) as the camaraderie between the characters that were thrown together in the first film increases the ability to have fun watching. And "Return" is just awesome. Much more consistency fast paced than the other films. Great ending. I say all this as someone who never read the books.

They are pretty great stories and fantastic cinematic achievements of their era. I think every film fan should at least give them a chance.

I'm a big harry potter fan and I think as the movies progressed they increased in quality, however I still disliked them more and more due to unnecessary changes from the books and how much they made Ron a flat out bitch by the end. I assure you, in the books, Ron has a lot more bravery and maturity than he showed in the films. They gave all of Ron's cool stuff to Hermione to make her over-the-top awesome, where in the books i felt like they complimented each other well. The books got across a sense of true unity between Harry, Ron, and Hermione. All 3 couldn't have done the things they did without each other. Rowling accomplished this by properly establishing each character's flaws and strengths. Whereas in the movies it's all Harry being untouchably cool, Hermione being impossibly awesome, and Ron being a little girl who essentially comes off like a hanger-on rather than a vital part of the team. And he IS very much a vital part of that team.
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Unread 04-28-2014, 04:28 PM
The Swanton825's Avatar
The Swanton825 The Swanton825 is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 563
Default

I have some very harsh opinions of Christopher Paolini that are probably better left unsaid, but honestly, if you like any kind of fantasy story, you should watch or read at least some of Lord of the Rings. It did establish the foundation of all fantasy in the last 60 years after all.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.