Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15001  
Unread 09-06-2011, 09:50 AM
20LEgend's Avatar
20LEgend 20LEgend is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 4,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Black Phenom View Post
Because he's confident in winning... and it was obviously the compromise. "I'll accept your stip if you accept mine"
Yeah, but it was not even thought he just said yeah, I don't think anyone would do that. I just thought the boss can do what he wants.
Reply With Quote
  #15002  
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:18 AM
OldStingberg OldStingberg is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
JRsBBQ @JoeyStyles my on air bickering days w/ Cole ended Mon Nite. I'm tapping w/ my end of unnecessary psycho babble. I'll focus on the talent.
Please let this be true. Cole is fine enough as a straight PBP guy, but he makes a terrible heel. The idea of a heel PBP guy is bad enough, but with Cole's nonsensical and disruptive comments, it just turns the whole booth, no matter who he's with, into a complete train wreck. Hopefully a legend like JR can re-focus and do his best to try and navigate around that wreck.
Reply With Quote
  #15003  
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Fantabulous's Avatar
Fantabulous Fantabulous is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 900
Default

Triple H putting up his COO position might mean something if he hadn't only just got the spot and, you know, stips meaning zilch in WWE.
Reply With Quote
  #15004  
Unread 09-06-2011, 03:54 PM
djthefunkchris's Avatar
djthefunkchris djthefunkchris is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantabulous View Post
Triple H putting up his COO position might mean something if he hadn't only just got the spot and, you know, stips meaning zilch in WWE.
The interesting thing will be "Who is in charge after CM Punk wins?"
Reply With Quote
  #15005  
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:13 PM
OldStingberg OldStingberg is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
Default

I think it's far too soon for another "who's in charge?" story, so I'm not too keen on Punk winning. But it would be a disaster if he loses clean. So to me, I guess, the only thing that makes sense is Triple H winning via some sort of shenanigans. And I hope and pray those shenanigans involve a dramatic heel turn, ideally by Cena, but I'd accept a Triple H heel turn at this point. If Punk doesn't come out of NoC with a more appropriate foe than Kevin Nash or a face Triple H, I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.
Reply With Quote
  #15006  
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Fantabulous's Avatar
Fantabulous Fantabulous is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldStingberg View Post
I think it's far too soon for another "who's in charge?" story, so I'm not too keen on Punk winning. But it would be a disaster if he loses clean. So to me, I guess, the only thing that makes sense is Triple H winning via some sort of shenanigans. And I hope and pray those shenanigans involve a dramatic heel turn, ideally by Cena, but I'd accept a Triple H heel turn at this point. If Punk doesn't come out of NoC with a more appropriate foe than Kevin Nash or a face Triple H, I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.
I presume Nash costs Punk the match to set up Punk vs. Nash in a manner which may or may not set up Triple H going heel.
Reply With Quote
  #15007  
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:36 PM
OldStingberg OldStingberg is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantabulous View Post
I presume Nash costs Punk the match to set up Punk vs. Nash in a manner which may or may not set up Triple H going heel.
If Nash interferes and Trips doesn't turn heel, that's pretty much my worst-case scenario (other than Punk losing clean, of course, but that won't happen). I just don't see Punk regaining his momentum working a program against just Nash.
Reply With Quote
  #15008  
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:59 PM
matthew222's Avatar
matthew222 matthew222 is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paris Island(Ok, hope to go there
Posts: 215
Default

After thinking about it.

I would love it if If this feud with Lawler vs Otunga and Micheal will lead 2 him Turning heel and being the manager of them. Will get him away from the announcing table lol
Reply With Quote
  #15009  
Unread 09-07-2011, 12:50 AM
ZMAN ZMAN is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthefunkchris View Post
The interesting thing will be "Who is in charge after CM Punk wins?"
That's what doesn't make sense to me, is why Punk wasn't more specific with his stipulation. If you're in Punk's shoes wouldn't you say "If you lose, I want so-and-so to run the company because he's a better leader." Just seems like in a realistic scenario where if HHH gets fired, then Stephanie, Vince, or John would step up into the role. Those three are probably worse than HHH.
Reply With Quote
  #15010  
Unread 09-07-2011, 12:53 AM
soxfan93's Avatar
soxfan93 soxfan93 is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: A small town in NH (USA)
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMAN View Post
That's what doesn't make sense to me, is why Punk wasn't more specific with his stipulation. If you're in Punk's shoes wouldn't you say "If you lose, I want so-and-so to run the company because he's a better leader." Just seems like in a realistic scenario where if HHH gets fired, then Stephanie, Vince, or John would step up into the role. Those three are probably worse than HHH.
This, coupled with the fact that Triple H just took over makes it painfully obvious that Punk's getting screwed and Triple H is turning heel. Punk vs. HHH = Austin vs. McMahon, only better because Trips can go in the ring.
Reply With Quote
  #15011  
Unread 09-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Fantabulous's Avatar
Fantabulous Fantabulous is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 900
Default

Kevin Nash has been released. Or it might be a 'release', ie: pure storyline.
Reply With Quote
  #15012  
Unread 09-07-2011, 12:36 PM
ZMAN ZMAN is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 838
Default

omfg, nu Yoshi:

http://cdn.sescoops.com/wp-content/uploads/843.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #15013  
Unread 09-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Fantabulous's Avatar
Fantabulous Fantabulous is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMAN View Post
It's a cool look and it definitely makes him stand out, which is key. Whether it does him any good, well, it probably won't.
Reply With Quote
  #15014  
Unread 09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 5,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMAN View Post
So bad ass...I love it
Reply With Quote
  #15015  
Unread 09-07-2011, 01:45 PM
OldStingberg OldStingberg is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan93 View Post
This, coupled with the fact that Triple H just took over makes it painfully obvious that Punk's getting screwed and Triple H is turning heel. Punk vs. HHH = Austin vs. McMahon, only better because Trips can go in the ring.
And two months ago I think it would have been safe to say with how white-hot the Punk/Cena feud was, it was painfully obvious there'd be no way they'd rush that feud to an unsatisfying conclusion before completely moving on, but look what happened.

With how insanely great WWE creative has been at times lately and how unbelievably bad they've also been, I don't think anything can be painfully obvious at this point.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Array [all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.