Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-08-2010, 06:20 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtxyank View Post
So for those who still believe that TNA is not on the radar of the WWE, they have announced that Undertaker will be on Raw tonight to open the show.
Or Taker/HBK is the top match of the top PPV of the year and they want to build it up.
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:21 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolinc View Post
Or Taker/HBK is the top match of the top PPV of the year and they want to build it up.
Yep. It's probably just a coincidence that after TNA has been hyping their "first 5 minutes" (LOL TNA) WWE sends out Mobile Alerts and updates their webpage to let everyone know that Undertaker will open the Raw broadcast.
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolinc View Post
Sure but then just as Justy said why suddenly let everyone know who will open the show. The Bret Hart thing was debatable this not so much. So who is going to give the little company that should another shot?
On the Wrestlemania card it looks quite good. I expect HHH to be added somewhere prolly vs Sheamus no1 contender or something. Orton vs one or both or triple threat of Legacy a bathroom break eh I mean divas match lol. Punk vs Mysterio looks to be on the books as well. So that would make 10 right?
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Phenom

Yeah, which would be the most matches on a mania card since 2006. Maybe they'll team Trips and Orton up against the young guys, although after last year's main event...that might be a continuity stretch even for WWE, haha. I just don't see what they can do with Legacy and Orton that they haven't already done on Raw.

Also think that bret/vince might have a short, screwy finish and leave the payoff for interference in the cena/tista match.
Unread 03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Super Star

Is Undertaker opeing the show even that big of a deal? Not like their changing it so Austin is the gues host (which would be the real act of "war")What's gonna happen? The lights go out, smoke comes out of nowhere, he walks slowly to the ring, looks mean and "HBK...at WM...you will...rest...in...peace!" There, just saved everyone the time.

On a more serious note, I expect them to have Angel involved in the Undertaker's entrance thing/promo since it fits him
Unread 03-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Phenom

I think the fact that they announced it and lets be honest.......taker is still the number one draw in the company for a "pop". If you want a garented good segment you call in taker........you want something that you know people are not going to switch over with you call in taker. Yeah it is a little "old" but come on.......who is not a taker mark still at this point.
Unread 03-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Living Legend

I think the Undertaker opening shows that the WWE wants to keep people from checking out the first 5 minutes of TNA... but I don't think it shows they are intent on burying TNA. The best way for the WWE to do that would be a series of cross-brand PPV-caliber matches that they announced ahead of time. When they do that, I'll believe that the WWE is actually worried and doing everything they can.
Unread 03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
All Star

Although I dislike the direction WWE is going, TNA is not going to beat the WWE anytime soon. Too many internal issues. They got to get their **** straight.
Unread 03-08-2010, 08:04 PM

TNA has always been on their radar, just not anything substiantial... merely a night watch. They're always gonna sprinkle a bit the Raws in contrast to TNA airings but it's hardly anything much and they could add much more if they wanted to.
Unread 03-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Super Star

WWE isn't wetting the bed at night thinking about TNA, but if you think the bit with Taker isn't an attempt to undercut TNA you're naive.
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag01 View Post
WWE isn't wetting the bed at night thinking about TNA, but if you think the bit with Taker isn't an attempt to undercut TNA you're naive.
An attempt to undercut, yes. Absolutely. An attempt to bury, destroy, and embarrass TNA? No.
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Super Star

Stone Cold as a guest host is nice. At least it's not the ladies from The View again.
Unread 03-08-2010, 10:16 PM

Nothing from Raw really stood out, should've probably watched TNA more. Amused that Bourne got the last spot in MITB and the opening segment.. decent, aside from that meh.
Unread 03-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Rookie

Flipped between both TNA really out did raw I thing I will just record raw from now on and not flip
Unread 03-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Hall of Fame

Is it me or does it look like Kofi will be off the Mania card while not so long ago being touted as a breakout star? Or will he just steal the intercontinental title of McIntyre in a squash?

For the record: This is not a bash just an observation.