Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Fenoli View Post
oh you know he will.... Hornswoggle vs the new champ, and recently heel turned at Survivor Series... Shawn Michaels

I'd mark out like crazy if HBK were to come away with the belt.... but... In reality, the only DX member who could walk away with the title is Triple H. Sadly.

The again, maybe HBK wins the title... Hunter turns jelous... Attacks Shawn... And we have another HBK/HHH feud. Then again, that being said, I don't see this either as DX pulls in a lot of merch.... Especially this close to Christmas.
Unread 11-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisen-verse View Post
I'd mark out like crazy if HBK were to come away with the belt.... but... In reality, the only DX member who could walk away with the title is Triple H. Sadly.

The again, maybe HBK wins the title... Hunter turns jelous... Attacks Shawn... And we have another HBK/HHH feud. Then again, that being said, I don't see this either as DX pulls in a lot of merch.... Especially this close to Christmas.
Hm, is it possible to build from Survivor Series a Wrestlemania matchup based around the falling out between HHH and HBK? I wonder....

Also, Ted Dibiase is due to be turned soon, considering The Marine 2 comes out before the end of the year ('a few days after Christmas, ****in' morons' is what I've heard from retail friends).
Unread 11-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remianen View Post
Hm, is it possible to build from Survivor Series a Wrestlemania matchup based around the falling out between HHH and HBK? I wonder....

Also, Ted Dibiase is due to be turned soon, considering The Marine 2 comes out before the end of the year ('a few days after Christmas, ****in' morons' is what I've heard from retail friends).
That'd be interesting to see the two face off at Wrestlemania. I know they've taking eachother on billions of times by now... but... that being said, I'd still mark out over it. ha.

Also, I must have missed something. Ted Dibiase is going to be in a WWE Movie? Didn't see that coming...
Unread 11-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Low Minors

Source: PWTorch

Quote:
Former WWE champion "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson says he's working with WWE on creating a special TV episode that would be beyond just guest-hosting an episode of Raw. Johnson was vague on the details during a radio appearance this morning, but hinted he'll be working with WWE on a significant project.

"I love that world and being able to entertain, especially if I could go back whether it's on Smackdown and do a promo or guest-host or we could create this cool show, whatever that may be," Johnson said on the Jack Diamond Morning Show in Washington, D.C. "Especially now, I'm at the point where I can go back and give back to the fans and help out the guys in any way I can."

Johnson said he currently has a "great relationship" with Vince McMahon and WWE to where he's working closely with WWE on creating apparently a special episode of WWE TV.

"Right now we're trying to put together - there is always something cool and interesting for me to do. I would like to do something more than just host the show," Johnson said. "I'm in the process of creating something really cool for the fans - something very special and unique. It will be something like one big entertaining show."
I thought he wasn't suppose to go near that (wrestling). lol
Unread 11-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaySo View Post
I thought he wasn't suppose to go near that (wrestling). lol
He wasn't... back when he was trying to create the image of himself being a serious actor. Apparently he feels he's accomplished that, so he feels safe to do a little wrasslin' for fun. Which is awesome news in my book. His promo he did on the 10th Anniversary of Smackdown was great. Wrestling would be lucky to have him back, even for a little while.

P.S. Just finished watching ECW. Still struggling to get used to the new ring announcer. I'm terrified she's going to mess up and embarrass herself every second... Really takes away from my glee at Zack Ryder's entrance music.

P.P.S Zack Ryder promo to kick off the show??? Woo Woo Woo. You know it!
Unread 11-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Super Star

FINALLY.... The Rock HAS COME BACK....

Home.

I would mark out for anything this guys does at this point. You can count me in for the RAW he appears in and if my magic 8-ball is correct, I would totally mark over a Rock/Cena match at Mania.
Unread 11-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisen-verse View Post
Also, I must have missed something. Ted Dibiase is going to be in a WWE Movie? Didn't see that coming...
It's been in the can for almost a year now. Orton was supposed to do it but that was around the time he was out with the collarbone injury that got Kennedy fired.

It's the sequel to Cena's first movie.
Unread 11-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remianen View Post

Maybe they are banking on the post-christmas rush and hoping that kids use up their gift cards on it.

There are quite a few releases going that route btw. Jennifer's Body, Moon, and 9. In fact usually, the week after christmas has some unconventional dvd, and cd releases to try and capitalize on this. I'm not sure that is the case this year though.

Anyway,

I know last season the post-christmas rush really helped out the holliday retail figures and the purchase of gift cards saw a significant increase. Could be they were hoping the trend would continue.
Unread 11-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarevenant View Post
Maybe they are banking on the post-christmas rush and hoping that kids use up their gift cards on it.

There are quite a few releases going that route btw. Jennifer's Body, Moon, and 9. In fact usually, the week after christmas has some unconventional dvd, and cd releases to try and capitalize on this. I'm not sure that is the case this year though.

Anyway,

I know last season the post-christmas rush really helped out the holliday retail figures and the purchase of gift cards saw a significant increase. Could be they were hoping the trend would continue.
Yeah but this holiday season is expected to be soft. There aren't nearly as many 'must have' items (ala Beanie Babies, Tickle Me Elmo, Sing & Snore Ernie, new consoles, etc) this year. So (some) retailers are kinda pissed about people banking on post-Christmas activity when that's traditionally the time they cut prices to the quick to get (leftover) stuff out the door. If they released during the official holiday shopping season, the stores could run promotions to help move units. Post-Christmas, aint nobody tryin' to hear anything but '75% off' or BOGO in this economy. At least that's the perspective of some larger retailers. "Spokesmen are like politicians. It's their job to bend the truth and outright lie because the truth is ugly as my mother-in-law" (direct quote from the manager of a Best Buy).
Unread 11-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Major League

Erm, I realized I'm waaay off topic there. Apologies.

Last edited by Purple Cowboy : 11-19-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: off topic
Unread 11-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Flicking through RAW (very dull night in the land of Self) and I love the narrow entranceway. Getting rid of the stage and having that tunnel makes it looks so different from the year-in year-out fare. Plus, the visual of the fans reaching down and coming oh-so-close to touching the wrestlers make them look more like stars than when they have to wander over to the crowd themselves. Still prefer the UFC way of entrances, but this is pretty cool.

Is... Is The Miz' catchphrase getting over? I don't watch RAW often, but are people actually chanting along with it on a weekly basis, because that's... AWESOME!
Unread 11-20-2009, 07:09 AM
Low Minors

I agree about the entrance way. I really hope they keep it, though I know there's no chance of that.
Unread 11-20-2009, 07:21 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self View Post
Is... Is The Miz' catchphrase getting over? I don't watch RAW often, but are people actually chanting along with it on a weekly basis, because that's... AWESOME!
The MSG fans were the hottest I've heard for WWE in a long time. I know that money-wise it makes sense to hit the bigger venues, but having the occasional show from a smaller venue where all the fans can get right up to the wrestlers (comparatively) does make the whole thing seem more special.

But yeah - Miz has actually been getting over for a while now. It's amazing how quickly that can happen: Punk, Miz and Kofi all stepped up with just a few dedicated promos/segments in the last six months or so. Equally, though, you can see that Swagger had the chance and hasn't taken it yet - but whoever thought that ragging on Pat Patterson would get him over (even in Montreal) greatly overestimated Pat's value to the crowd that night.
Unread 11-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Hall of Fame

I think you are confusing Swagger with Ziggler there Casey.
Unread 11-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Super Star

No one watching Survivor Series?