Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by liontamer View Post
Without spoilers as I don't have access yet, how were the shows after WM?

also, Jinder looks to me like he took roids. The lumps under his nipples looks like the side effects of the first body builders to use them that didn't know about the need for estrogen blockers and developed the same thing and even lactated on stage.
Raw was stupendous. I even watched all three hours and usually I stick with the Hulu version(90 minutes).

Raw after Mania is starting to seem artificial though. It doesn't feel organic anymore. Might be because NOLA isn't a "smark" town, but still Raw was great.

Gonna watch Smackdown tonight most likely, but I've heard nothing but good things so far.
Unread 04-12-2018, 06:22 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
It doesn't feel organic anymore.
Might have something to do with the commentators mentioning it a gazillion times (including Steph).

Watched the main event by now and it was just a complete failure. The crowd was just dead. 6 F5's? That's just a sad attempt to put Reigns over. To be fair: they both did a decent enough job.

The cash-in segment on Smackdown was well done. At least the Iconics made an impact. I remember last year where the women's "triplet" factions debuted (I don't even recall the names) which was just so random it was forgettable. No shared history, no shared traits, not even shared color patterns or logos or whatever. That made no sense.
Unread 04-12-2018, 01:07 PM
Super Star

Good thing AJ/Nakamura didn't main event - ending notwithstanding as good as it was it lacked the emotion of a "Dream Match".

The Balor/Nakamura exhibition had a better crowd. What was the crowd waiting for?
Unread 04-13-2018, 09:40 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQI13 View Post
Good thing AJ/Nakamura didn't main event - ending notwithstanding as good as it was it lacked the emotion of a "Dream Match".

The Balor/Nakamura exhibition had a better crowd. What was the crowd waiting for?
If you think about it Mania was a 7 hour event. That was a 3 hour pre show and a 4 hour main show. The stadium was pretty much full for that 7 hours. I can't imagine going to watch a 7 hour wrestling event but I say nothing below someone being murdered in the 5th row is going to get me excited by hour 5.

The crowd would've probably been more hyped for AJ vs. Nak if they didn't just watch 6 previous hours of wrestling. Charolette vs. Asuka sapped all the energy out of the crowd and no amount of cool down angles could bring them back.
Unread 04-13-2018, 09:56 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Might have something to do with the commentators mentioning it a gazillion times (including Steph).

Watched the main event by now and it was just a complete failure. The crowd was just dead. 6 F5's? That's just a sad attempt to put Reigns over. To be fair: they both did a decent enough job.

The cash-in segment on Smackdown was well done. At least the Iconics made an impact. I remember last year where the women's "triplet" factions debuted (I don't even recall the names) which was just so random it was forgettable. No shared history, no shared traits, not even shared color patterns or logos or whatever. That made no sense.
Smackdown as a whole was entertaining. Felt like Usos and New Day were slightly off though. Usually those two teams are so fluid together, but they were clearly exhausted or something from the last week. Still a fun match though and the feud will most likely go down as one of the best tag feuds ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQI13 View Post

I was glad it didn't main event because it meant I didn't have to wait 7 hours to see one of my most anticipated matches. The crowd was exhausted and I know I was at home as well. Wasn't as good as their WK match, but still a pretty dang good match. Nakamura's heel turn was wonderful and his follow up on Smackdown was brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
If you think about it Mania was a 7 hour event. That was a 3 hour pre show and a 4 hour main show. The stadium was pretty much full for that 7 hours. I can't imagine going to watch a 7 hour wrestling event but I say nothing below someone being murdered in the 5th row is going to get me excited by hour 5.

The crowd would've probably been more hyped for AJ vs. Nak if they didn't just watch 6 previous hours of wrestling. Charolette vs. Asuka sapped all the energy out of the crowd and no amount of cool down angles could bring them back.
My thoughts exactly. My buddies and I watched both Takeover and Supercard of Honor back to back and it was a haul to get through despite having some very good match ups. Sometimes less is more with wrestling.

I still enjoyed WM weekend quite a bit even I hate that Cole won the NXT North American and UE retained the tag belts. I wish it was O'reilly that got injured so we could have Fish and Roddy as tag champs. I'd enjoy UE a whole lot more if that was the case.

Really hoping Almas goes a good starting place on the main roster. His character work since being paired with Zelina has been great.
Unread 04-15-2018, 09:54 AM
All Star

After watching Smackdown this week I'm ever more convinced that WWE botched the streak for the sake of swerves. At least they are keeping Asuka off the show so she can be built back up instead of being fed down the line.
Unread 04-15-2018, 02:22 PM
Minor League

I think WWE figured Charlotte could take the loss through cash-in better than Asuka. Losing 'the Streak' is way better in a 4 star match with Charlotte, than a 10 second cash-in from 'Mella.

I happen to agree.
Unread 04-15-2018, 09:18 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone Rivendale View Post
I think WWE figured Charlotte could take the loss through cash-in better than Asuka. Losing 'the Streak' is way better in a 4 star match with Charlotte, than a 10 second cash-in from 'Mella.

I happen to agree.
If Carmella took the streak via cash in she would've had instant heat with the crowd that could have been drug out for months. She could have easily dangled that over her head for months (especially them being on different shows).
Unread 04-16-2018, 01:31 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nection View Post
If Carmella took the streak via cash in she would've had instant heat with the crowd that could have been drug out for months. She could have easily dangled that over her head for months (especially them being on different shows).
I think they let Charlotte win partially because they wanted to swerve us, and partially to give Charlotte another convincing accolade to build her up for the eventual Ronda Rousey match that may happen at next years Mania.
Unread 04-16-2018, 05:53 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoolez View Post
I think they let Charlotte win partially because they wanted to swerve us, and partially to give Charlotte another convincing accolade to build her up for the eventual Ronda Rousey match that may happen at next years Mania.
Yeah but if neither the announcers nor the person themselves mentions they took a 2 year old streak it makes the whole thing meaningless. It makes as much sense as giving the IC title to Ryder at Mania just to take it away from him the RAW after. WWE got one whole Snickers promo out of that before moving on lol.
Unread 04-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Living Legend

I would have preferred Carmella cashing in on Nia after she won since it seems like they're moving Alexa over to the blue brand. Nia has become a great babyface with the crowd firmly behind her. Carmella cashing in would have gotten so much heat just by ruining a feel good moment.

I love Carmella and am happy they realize she's a great heel. She's not the best in ring worker, but her character work is great. I just think Asuka's streak shouldn't have been broken by an established worker.
Unread 04-16-2018, 03:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I just think Asuka's streak shouldn't have been broken by an established worker.
Well it has its pro's and con's. Charlotte's more than willing to take a loss sometimes to rub other workers. In a way the essence of the streak is absorbed by her and rubs along. It's best that they keep Asuka's aura of undefeatedness for a while instead or giving her the 50-50 treatment now. Then the wins over her will be almost as meaningful as the streak-ending one.
Unread 04-16-2018, 10:12 PM
All Star

Quote:
I would have preferred Carmella cashing in on Nia after she won since it seems like they're moving Alexa over to the blue brand. Nia has become a great babyface with the crowd firmly behind her. Carmella cashing in would have gotten so much heat just by ruining a feel good moment.

I love Carmella and am happy they realize she's a great heel. She's not the best in ring worker, but her character work is great. I just think Asuka's streak shouldn't have been broken by an established worker.
But Carmella won the briefcase on Smackdown therefore could only cash it in ON SMACKDOWN. Seriously why are people not grasping this fact?
Unread 04-17-2018, 12:58 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakerNGN74 View Post
But Carmella won the briefcase on Smackdown therefore could only cash it in ON SMACKDOWN. Seriously why are people not grasping this fact?
Because WWE rarely does what they say they're going to do? They said Nakamura was going to main event Wrestlemania countless times, yet where was the match on the card?

All it would have taken is one of the GM's say something in a promo about how she can cash in on any women's champ.
Unread 04-17-2018, 01:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Because WWE rarely does what they say they're going to do? They said Nakamura was going to main event Wrestlemania countless times, yet where was the match on the card?

All it would have taken is one of the GM's say something in a promo about how she can cash in on any women's champ.
The third to last match on the card, also the last match offered by SD. By technicality, this would count as SD's main event for the show.

Something tells me last year was a test run for the concept and that this year their going to expand the concept for RAW as well.