Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-26-2018, 01:05 PM
Locker Room Leader :)

As I've already said prvately, I'm excited to see what you can bring to the mod for future updates on top of Fleisch's excellent work so far. Things are definitely going to be great. I suspect I'll have some free time in late August and most of September so if you are looking for someone to give some feedback on Impact Wrestling and Lucha Undeground (on top of WWE and NJPW, which I know you have covered), I could perhaps help out there.
Unread 07-26-2018, 05:46 PM
Low Minors

I'm just happy this mod isn't going anywhere. I know me and alot of people exclusively use this mod so nice to see it's future ensured. I have no doubt you'll continue the great content of this mod while adding your own flavor to it.
Unread 07-26-2018, 06:49 PM
Minor League

The features you will be implementing should be awesome! Hit me up if you ever need help with the Ontario indie scene.
Unread 07-26-2018, 08:56 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
As I've already said prvately, I'm excited to see what you can bring to the mod for future updates on top of Fleisch's excellent work so far. Things are definitely going to be great. I suspect I'll have some free time in late August and most of September so if you are looking for someone to give some feedback on Impact Wrestling and Lucha Undeground (on top of WWE and NJPW, which I know you have covered), I could perhaps help out there.
Thanks Derek, that would be great! I will take any and all feedback you could provide. Impact isn't at the top of my watchlist usually so anyone with suggestions there or UK/Europe/Australia are welcome and appreciated!

Forrest01 already sent me some copious notes on the UK scene in a PM I plan to incorporate as well (Thanks Forrest!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbrock100 View Post
I'm just happy this mod isn't going anywhere. I know me and alot of people exclusively use this mod so nice to see it's future ensured. I have no doubt you'll continue the great content of this mod while adding your own flavor to it.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The features you will be implementing should be awesome! Hit me up if you ever need help with the Ontario indie scene.
Thanks! If someone is in the mod that you (and this goes for all reading this thread) know something about that isn't being represented properly feel free to post or PM it to me.

I think for one of our big Japan updates that Dr_A and I helped Fleisch out on, I submitted 1,100+ notes on things to tweak (we did this through a shared google sheet), so suffice to say there is no such thing as too much information in my book!
Unread 07-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Low Minors

I'm crap when it comes to stats probably but I'll throw in roster updates or such when I can when it comes to Evolve and Progress as they are two of the promotions I tend to follow regularly so you won't have to spend much time tracking down who have been regulars on their shows lately.

Speaking of which Matt Striker has replaced Rich Boccini as color commentator in MLW.
Unread 07-27-2018, 12:06 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I'm crap when it comes to stats probably but I'll throw in roster updates or such when I can when it comes to Evolve and Progress as they are two of the promotions I tend to follow regularly so you won't have to spend much time tracking down who have been regulars on their shows lately.

Speaking of which Matt Striker has replaced Rich Boccini as color commentator in MLW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperGav View Post
Also, If you need any help with worker stats (Particularly WWE/NXT - I don't watch much else aside from an episode or two of Impact every once and a while) I'd be willing to pitch in.
Awesome, would love the feedback! Really what I need in terms of feedback from people is what a person is best at. You don't need to say "Worker x needs to be 71 Selling" or anything goofy like that. Just saying "worker x is best at x, y, z" is extremely helpful to be able to ensure a worker is rated semi-correctly.

Actually that reminds me about something I wanted to touch on (pause for deep breath).

This is a text-simulation based on numbers of a psuedo-sport that is more art than science. Wrestling on the whole is a SUBJECTIVE entertainment endeavor and release for the people who watch it.

I WILL be biased (unintentionally) on certain workers (one of my TEW Dynasty roster overview entries start off with "There are good wrestlers. There are great wrestlers. And then there is Meiko Satomura"). I have never watched a wXw show in my life and don't plan to. Workers will be rated "wrong" in the eyes of some (maybe all). Again, taking a data perspective here I'm trying to mix community feedback, personal bias, and TEW game mechanics to come up with a mod that passes the "sniff" test for most people who play it.

The goal of this mod is not necessarily to get the "right" stats for each worker, but what is important is to get the "scale" of ratings right. WWE should not be popping A shows on RAW every week, this isn't 1999 Stone Cold era WWE. Jigsaw (my 2000's Chikara fan-self be damned) should not have ratings like Kenny Omega.

Scale is far more important than rating. Big E should not have a higher Aerial rating than Will Ospreay (and doesn't). To this point, Fleisch has actually done an outstanding job of keeping worker ratings not only reasonable, but actually in-line pretty-much with CVerse stats that the game ships with. There are exactly 0 workers in the mod with a A rating in Top Row (brawling, Puro, Submission, etc...) which allows your performance skills to show through.

Why this is important is quite frankly for playability first and foremost. The game generates ratings a certain way. My hope for this mod going forward is to continue down the path Fleisch has set out in that ratings matter, but it is far more macro than micro in terms of who is rated what.

All that to say, however you feel about your ability to "rate" workers your comments/feedback can always (and should) be accompanied with some color in your comments on things like "worker x is one of the best brawlers in the world today" which I can take in and scale appropriately to the rest of the game world.

I have very high hopes for what this mod will be able to produce from a ratings standpoint (and being a "data guy" I think I have a good plan on how to get there - which I won’t bore you with the “how” right now). I just think it's important to look at things from a 10,000 foot level as much as possible to make sure the game world is balanced appropriately.

So please, add your personal opinions on workers when appropriate. The feedback is not only appreciated but directly helps in the making sure the mod feels "right".

\end mini-rant

Last edited by southside_hitmen : 07-27-2018 at 12:38 AM.
Unread 07-27-2018, 05:39 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
No word yet on whether or not Rich's wife has put the blame on Tony Schiavone's 80s mustache.

On a more serious note, I too am glad that this mod isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Unread 07-29-2018, 04:15 PM

A thank you to Fleisch for a great mod. This was my first real world mod I installed once I got back into TEW, and my favorite. I wish you southside much success continuing this mod.
Unread 07-29-2018, 04:25 PM
Low Minors

Very very excited to see where you go with this Southside and from the times we've spoke I can't think of anybody better qualified. I'm also really happy that the mod has fallen to a massive joshi fan, excited to see what you do with that scene and quietly praying that one day Tokyo Joshi Pro makes it into the data
Unread 07-29-2018, 05:02 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Shannon View Post
No word yet on whether or not Rich's wife has put the blame on Tony Schiavone's 80s mustache.

On a more serious note, I too am glad that this mod isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeinky728 View Post
A thank you to Fleisch for a great mod. This was my first real world mod I installed once I got back into TEW, and my favorite. I wish you southside much success continuing this mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroJoshi View Post
Very very excited to see where you go with this Southside and from the times we've spoke I can't think of anybody better qualified. I'm also really happy that the mod has fallen to a massive joshi fan, excited to see what you do with that scene and quietly praying that one day Tokyo Joshi Pro makes it into the data
Thanks everyone!

And PuroJoshi, I'll just leave this link here and see if you can figure out whether TJP is in:
https://twitter.com/itohrespectarmy/...188224?lang=en
Unread 07-30-2018, 03:02 PM
Super Star

Reviewing promotions for inclusion/addition and after going through the UK, Europe and Australia here are the results so far (events updated through 6/30/2018):

Likely Cut:
Fierce Females - 3 shows since 1/1/2017
Frontier Wrestling Alliance - 0 shows since 1/1/2017 (Closed Promotion)
New Generation Wrestling - 6 shows since 1/1/2017
Svensk Wrestling Syd - 9 shows since 1/1/2017

On the Bubble:
World of Sport Wrestling - 1 show so far
Fight Club Finland - 11 shows since 1/1/2017
GBG Wrestling - 11 shows since 1/1/2017

Keep in data:

UK
ATTACK! Pro Wrestling
Fight Club: Pro
Insane Championship Wrestling
International Pro Wrestling United Kingdom
Over The Top Wrestling
PROGRESS Wrestling
Pro-Wrestling: EVE
Revolution Pro Wrestling
WWE NXT UK (Fleisch addition for August)

EU
German Wrestling Federation
westside Xtreme wrestling

AU
Melbourne City Wrestling

I'll be doing the same with the other game regions as well. There are 66 promotions in the data (68 with SEAdLINNNG and NXT:UK being added in next Fleisch update) so this gives me a gauge on how many promotions will be added/moved around.

Last edited by southside_hitmen : 07-30-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Unread 07-30-2018, 04:34 PM
Super Star

Same thing for Japan

Likely Cut:
Cho Sento Puroresu FMW - 2 shows since 2018 (Can Onita come back from retirement again?)
DDT New Attitude - Last show for promotion is on August 10th (Wrestlers will go to DDT or other DDT child-promotions)
HUSTLE - (Closed promotion)

On the Bubble:
REINA - Closed promotion in data, only 3 shows in 2018 so far

Keep in data:
All Japan Pro-Wrestling
Big Japan Pro-Wrestling
DDT Pro-Wrestling
Dragon Gate
New Japan Pro-Wrestling
OZ Academy
Pro Wrestling ZERO1
Pro-Wrestling NOAH
SEAdLINNNG (Fleisch adding for August data)
Sendai Girls' Pro Wrestling
World Wonder Ring Stardom
WRESTLE-1
Unread 07-30-2018, 04:55 PM
Super Star

And for North America

Likely Cut:
Full Impact Pro - 9 shows since 1/1/2017
Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling - Not a thing
Jersey All Pro Wrestling - 3 shows since 1/1/2017
Lucha Libre USA - Closed in 2013
Wrestling Retribution Project - Closed in 2012

On the Bubble:
None right now

Keep in data:
AAW: Professional Wrestling Redefined
Absolute Intense Wrestling
Alpha-1 Wrestling
Championship Wrestling from Hollywood
CHIKARA
Combat Zone Wrestling
Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
Desastre Total Ultraviolento
EVOLVE Wrestling
Extreme Championship Wrestling (Historical purposes)
House of Hardcore
Impact Wrestling
Innovate Pro Wrestling
Internacional Wrestling Revolucion Grupo
IWA: Mid-South
Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide
Lucha Underground
Major League Wrestling
Northern Championship Wrestling
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
Ring of Honor
SHIMMER Women Athletes
SHINE Wrestling
Smash Wrestling
The Crash Lucha Libre
World Championship Wrestling (Historical purposes)
World Wrestling Entertainment
WWE NXT
Unread 07-30-2018, 05:08 PM
Phenom

If that's how "active" NGW is I may cut them myself. Also personally I'm holding off activating World of Sport in mine untill they get a second series announced/confirmed, everything they have now is in the bag so they could continue or just cut their losses and just bail.

If you are looking for options

- EU Italian Championship Wrestling - 41 shows since 1/1/2017
- AU Pro Wrestling Australia - 13 shows since 1/1/2017
- AU Explosive Pro Wrestling - 20 shows since 1/1/2017

The Australian ones are basically the top ones for the region, their the ones that Progress worked with them they toured, might just want to have them on your radar.
Unread 07-30-2018, 05:08 PM
Super Star

So, that leaves us with 52 (56 if all maybe's included) promotions that are confirmed "in" for the mod. I've update the first post to reflect changes.

That means there will likely be 4-8 NEW promotions added to the data in November.

I won't spoil what the new promotions will be just yet...

Confirmed promotions that are "in" below

Quote:
PROMOTIONS INCLUDED
* Card subject to change *

AAW: Professional Wrestling Redefined
Absolute Intense Wrestling
All Japan Pro-Wrestling
Alpha-1 Wrestling
ATTACK! Pro Wrestling
Big Japan Pro-Wrestling
Championship Wrestling from Hollywood
CHIKARA
Combat Zone Wrestling
Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
Desastre Total Ultraviolento
DDT Pro-Wrestling
Dragon Gate
EVOLVE Wrestling
Extreme Championship Wrestling (Historical purposes)
Fight Club: Pro
German Wrestling Federation
House of Hardcore
Impact Wrestling
Innovate Pro Wrestling
Insane Championship Wrestling
Internacional Wrestling Revolucion Grupo
International Pro Wrestling United Kingdom
IWA: Mid-South
Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide
Lucha Underground
Major League Wrestling
Melbourne City Wrestling
New Japan Pro-Wrestling
Northern Championship Wrestling
Over The Top Wrestling
OZ Academy
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
Pro Wrestling ZERO1
Pro-Wrestling: EVE
Pro-Wrestling NOAH
PROGRESS Wrestling
Revolution Pro Wrestling
Ring of Honor
SEAdLINNNG
Sendai Girls' Pro Wrestling
SHIMMER Women Athletes
SHINE Wrestling
Smash Wrestling
The Crash Lucha Libre
westside Xtreme wrestling
World Championship Wrestling (Historical purposes)
World Wonder Ring Stardom
World Wrestling Entertainment
WRESTLE-1
WWE NXT
WWE NXT UK

Maybe Inclusions (carry over from previous data):
World of Sport Wrestling
Fight Club Finland
GBG Wrestling
REINA