Official Star Wars Mafia Thread
I thank all those who came before me.
Based on the comments made within the sign up thread, roleclaiming will be allowed. However, like I stated there, claiming can come back to bite you. You never know what may or may not happen in this game.
Do not post until the write up has been posted.
Send all ability pm's to myself and Imarevenant as a precaution.
Everyone, returning players included, please read this post and keep it in mind throughout the course of the game!
HOW TO PLAY:
- All of you will be PM’d a role and your alignment. The objective is to eliminate all members of the opposing alignment from the game.
- Each player has been given a role with their own special ability. Your PM will explain what it does, if you are meant to know. You don’t have to reveal what your role is to the other players, nor will I do so in my updates. Then again there is nothing to stop you, so if you feel that it may help prove your innocence, go ahead – just keep in mind that this could also backfire and help the mafia. Likewise, you may lie about who you are if you wish. If you want to use your abilities, PM me. DO NOT post it in the thread.
- The game is split into two phases, Day and Night. The game begins during the day, and all players (Mafia and Townie alike) post in the thread, deciding who to kill off. Lynching is the only way for the Townies to kill the Mafia, so be sure to examine voting patterns of your fellow players. I might also provide clues in the death write ups, but over-reliance on those is ill-advised as some may be traps.
- All voting and discussion is to occur within the thread. Town players may discuss who they think is Mafia, and Mafia members should be trying to bluff/convince/blend in, and generally try not to get voted for. To vote, post Vote: Username (in bold, so it’s easier to count). You can also change your vote, by typing Change Vote: Username. You can also choose to vote for No Lynching. You must post in the thread for your vote to be counted. You can also abstain from voting, which means I just do not include you in the number crunching.
- Elimination occurs after 48 hours, or whenever a person obtains more than 50% of the vote. In case of a tie, the latest vote will be discounted, until the tie is broken. Once a person dies, I will reveal their alignment and role.
- Night falls after somebody is executed. During this time, the Mafia can discuss who they want to kill next (using whatever form of communication appeals to them) – if anyone at all. Abilities are also used during this time. To use an ability, PM me, and I’ll PM you the outcome of the ability. If it is something serious like somebody getting killed, I will update it in the thread. If possible though, try to PM me what you want to do as soon after night falls as possible to keep things moving along at a quick pace.
- Night ends once I post who gets killed, and the cycle repeats itself. The Town players win if all Mafia members are dead, and vice versa. Remember, this is a team effort, so if you think sacrificing someone may help your cause, go ahead.
-Remember, some roles such as investigators and protectors are more valuable to the town – so try to keep them alive!
- I know it’s the Dog Pound, but try not to postwhore in the thread anyway. Feel free to trash talk, accuse, call out other players if you want, but if you’re going to vote, at least state some kind of reason as to why you’re doing so.
- Though I can’t force you to post, I’d love to see active participation. I would advise everyone try to check in with this game at least once a day. Things move fast and you can fall behind pretty easily.
- Once you are dead, you stay dead, and may not participate until the game is over. This includes notes found on your corpse, cryptic messages from the dead, etc, etc. You may also not advise the remaining players on what to do – besides, to prevent cheating, I will not provide the dead with any additional information than they would get if they were still alive. Of course, I’m willing to listen to your theories as to what’s going on. Likewise, I'd appreciate if those not taking part try not help those playing, though general comments on how things are going would be welcomed in the Sign Up Thread.
- Unless your role PM specifically states otherwise, all players may not discuss game plan, your role, or alignment outside the thread. Of course, I can’t enforce this, but I believe secretly revealing information amongst each other would spoil the game, so try not to do it.
- Players are not allowed to edit their posts in this thread at all, as it allows for those who make mistakes to remove all of the evidence without any effort. Since I can't enforce this, I strongly encourage town aligned players to scrutinize any posts they notice that have been edited.
-Players are not allowed to cut and paste anything straight from the Role PM except the Role. No cutting and pasting of the body of the PM.
I reserve the right to modkill if I find out that any of these rules have been broken. Please remember that you are not the only one playing this game, so don't ruin it for the other 29!
Also, should you have any questions about your role, alignment, or anything else game-related, feel free to PM me. I want this game to go as smooth as possible.
Last edited by i effin rule : 12-15-2007 at 10:54 AM.