Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-18-2019, 01:00 PM
Super Star

There is literally zero reason to not have a proper calendar by this point.
Unread 06-18-2019, 02:05 PM
Rookie

Gotta say I'm excited to crank the starting variance to Extreme for every save I ever play. I'd be loving if there was a way to have it set it and forget it. But it's not that many clicks to do it database by database so not really a gripe just something that'd be handy for me personally
Unread 06-18-2019, 02:23 PM
Minor League

I'm glad that we have little profiles for championships now. Perhaps we can learn a little more about them. I'd certainly like to know the history of the PGHW Historical Championship, which existed before PGHW started.
Unread 06-18-2019, 02:25 PM
Living Legend

I just hope we're able to filter title lineages by title. Had an extra frustrating time modding today.
Unread 06-18-2019, 05:27 PM
All Star

Changing the variance to different levels sounds awesome. I'm the type of person who ALWAYS plays with that on, no matter what mod I'm using... it's one way for me to justify whatever stats a person has. They aren't made up numbers anymore, the computer has mildly adjusted things prior to every game. It just makes things way more interesting in my mind. Not necessarily realistic, but it absolutely makes each game different... which is exactly what I want with every save I play in TEW.

And I'm glad downside agreements have been removed for smaller companies. Nothing like having to pay Joe Schmo a minimum of $500 even if we didn't use him for our one show that month.
Unread 06-18-2019, 07:15 PM

First off, the past few changes which were deemed minor have been pretty great. Most of them, as soon as I read I thought how much it would have improved my experience in some saves in both TEW 2016 and TEW 2013. Great job.

On another note, I would really like to understand what time limitation does FM have, and how does it have to do with the gregorian calendar.

It was never a deal breaker for me, but it is still so weird to me that in 2019 TEW still can't have a normal calendar.
Unread 06-18-2019, 09:08 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by what7 View Post
First off, the past few changes which were deemed minor have been pretty great. Most of them, as soon as I read I thought how much it would have improved my experience in some saves in both TEW 2016 and TEW 2013. Great job.

On another note, I would really like to understand what time limitation does FM have, and how does it have to do with the gregorian calendar.

It was never a deal breaker for me, but it is still so weird to me that in 2019 TEW still can't have a normal calendar.
From what I understand, the two biggest problems are 1) generating the proper calendars so the game can start at any year and then go for decades into the future and 2) make all scheduling work correctly for any given year.

That said, I'm really hoping this will be the year that the system gets fixed. I'm not a programmer, but from the outside, it doesn't look completely impossible.
Unread 06-19-2019, 01:55 AM
Hall of Fame

I just like having clean, four-shows-a-month weekly programs. Or the end of month is...well, I guess the change would be "end of month" instead of Sunday 4.

Meh.
Unread 06-19-2019, 02:43 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togg View Post
As someone who loves to play historic mods, I love to have TV show counters. Booking big shows for the 100th 1000th and so on episodes. The current 28 day system... I'm use to it... I live with it... But switching to a real calendar... Would make everything so much better and feel "real". Currently you only get 48 weeks a year, when in reality there are 52. Over 10 years... That's 40 less shows.

One thing I would like to address... It seems that a lot of the new features are pushing what Adam can do with the programing to its limit. The lack of support for png, now the transparency doesn't work with keyboard inputs... Is now the time to call TEW 2020 the last of the old and move forward with a "build structure" that is more modern and supports more, so that the game doesn't reach point where it can't evolve from.
It's 2020 Adam, I love you and all, but a $30 game should be able to go borderless full screen. I mean, come on.
Unread 06-19-2019, 04:16 AM
Minor League

Today's "minor" changes are probably my favourite so far. I always tell myself I'm not going to spam pre-show to build skills...but I always do.

The changes to improvements, star quality changes and the variance are three of my favourite changes announced, TEW2020 is going to be in a different league to 16 now, very excited!
Unread 06-19-2019, 08:27 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togg View Post
As someone who loves to play historic mods, I love to have TV show counters. Booking big shows for the 100th 1000th and so on episodes. The current 28 day system... I'm use to it... I live with it... But switching to a real calendar... Would make everything so much better and feel "real". Currently you only get 48 weeks a year, when in reality there are 52. Over 10 years...
A few years ago as a compromise I suggested going to a modified 4 4 5 system. Its a system used in finance to create fiscal month periods.

In TEW it would simply mean that 4 months out of the year would get 5 weeks rather than 4 (I think I suggested March, May, August and December). Not perfect but it gets us much closer to our Solar year...
Unread 06-19-2019, 09:43 AM
Banned

Thank god for variable star quality
Unread 06-19-2019, 11:18 AM
Low Minors

Really don't like the snide comment about stopping "cheap power gaming" in the Journal. Once I buy the game, I will play it the way I damn well please. I don't care what Adam or anybody else thinks about what I do, how I do it, or why I do it.
Unread 06-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
From what I understand, the two biggest problems are 1) generating the proper calendars so the game can start at any year and then go for decades into the future and 2) make all scheduling work correctly for any given year.

That said, I'm really hoping this will be the year that the system gets fixed. I'm not a programmer, but from the outside, it doesn't look completely impossible.
What if the game tied in to the calendar on the PC it's run on? Is that possible?
Unread 06-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Hall of Fame

It's hit the point where starting a new TEW16 game feels doesn't feel worth it to me. So many good changes coming.