Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Phenom

Default Bringing Some "Sparkell" to AAA!

Hi guys! Andromache Sparkell here! Yes, that is my real name... but for some reason, Cherry Bomb and Catherine Quine have had me competing under the much blander name, Sarah Taylor.

Anyway, let me tell you about myself! I'm 21, fresh out of AAA's "Cat's Lair" wrestling school just over a year ago. I know I'm young, but I like to think I've impressed some people with my technical ability (which is good for my age and experience, I'm told) and my willingness to "get stuck in" in the ring!

That's me, and I hope you'll enjoy reading my diary as I try to make an impact in the world of women's wrestling!

Quote:
Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at a diary, so it'll probably be pretty rough around the edges! Any presentation tips will be welcome, as will predictions for upcoming shows when I post the cards!
Unread 02-09-2019, 06:41 AM
Phenom

Default Tuesday, Week 1, January 2016

As I arrived at the Washington State Gymnasium, I saw our owner, Catherine Quine, giving tips to her personal protégée, Wendy Anderson.

Ms Quine and Wendy

I couldn't help but wish that one of AAA's established veterans would take me under their wing, especially Ms Quine! But I was happy for Wendy, she definitely deserves the attention.

Anyway, I walked over to the notice board and looked at tonight's match card.

Quote:
AAA Pretty Amazing 2016 Card

Opening Match

Steffi Chee & Sarah Taylor vs Selina Svelte & Ellie May Walton

AAA Top Contender's Championship Match
Simony Sentinel vs Talia Quinzel (C)

AAA Tag Team Championship Elimination Match
Steph Blake & Zoe Ammis vs Katherine Goodlooks & Jessica Bunny vs Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose (C)

Grudge Match (to be set up in segment 2 by Catherine Quine & Cherry Bomb)
Cherry Bomb vs Jaime Quine

Semi Main Event
Demelza Wade vs Joanne Rodriguez

Cool The Crowd Match
Devil's Daughter & Tracy Brendon vs Lady Liberty & Power Girl vs Suzanne Brazzle & Paige Croft vs Wendy Anderson & Christy Higgins

AAA Femme Fatale Championship Match
Nadia Snow vs Sara Marie York (C)
I was in the opener, again. Teaming with Steffi Chee for the first time ever.

My tag team partner for the night

It was her 38th birthday, but she still had so much to offer, especially in terms of in-ring psychology - one of my weaknesses. Perhaps she'd enjoy teaming with me and take me under her wing? Maybe we'd show good chemistry together and get a push as a tag team? Only time would tell...

Last edited by EBEZA : 02-09-2019 at 07:04 AM.
Unread 02-09-2019, 07:14 AM
Super Star

Opening Match

Steph Blake & Zoe Ammis vs Katherine Goodlooks & Jessica Bunny vs Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose (C)

Semi Main Event

Cool The Crowd Match
Devil's Daughter & Tracy Brendon vs Lady Liberty & Power Girl vs Suzanne Brazzle & Paige Croft vs Wendy Anderson & Christy Higgins

Unread 02-09-2019, 07:21 AM
All Star

I'm not really sure that I know women's wrestling properly, but I am gonna' give this diary a chance. I like the opening too, I nearly thought Andromache Sparkell was you real name until I read the next lines. Hehe. I am looking forward to a classic presentation, which should be good. I would say stick with what presentation you like but don't end up like me (changing formats everytime), well today I got a permanent format, I am gonna suggest it. Well, Good Luck with the diary, I would like to see it grow.

Opening Match

Semi Main Event

Cool The Crowd Match

Last edited by Rhyme1234 : 02-09-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Unread 02-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyme1234 View Post
Amazing coincidence, you both did the same thing with this match and highlighted two teams! Are you both predicting an unprecedented draw?!

Quote:
I'm not really sure that I know women's wrestling properly, but I am gonna' give this diary a chance. I like the opening too, I nearly thought Andromache Sparkell was you real name until I read the next lines. Hehe.
Thanks! And how do you know it isn't?
Unread 02-09-2019, 07:39 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBEZA View Post
Amazing coincidence, you both did the same thing with this match and highlighted two teams! Are you both predicting an unprecedented draw?!

Thanks! And how do you know it isn't?
Oh man! That's a weird coincidence, I am gonna' go with the champions. Hehe.

Last edited by Rhyme1234 : 02-09-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Unread 02-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Rookie

Opening Match

Semi Main Event

Cool The Crowd Match

Unread 02-09-2019, 08:49 AM
Low Minors

Opening Match
Let's hope this team 'Sparkells' and doesn't get a bad chemistry note.

Going to go with a retention here.

This should be a good match. From this point on I'm not sure who is going to win as in my experience these results could be affected by USPW and if they have made any offers, if they have leaves space for our Andromache though.

Quine with a surprise roll up to transition the grudge to Jaime.

Semi Main Event
Wade to win and challenge for the title.

Cool The Crowd Match
Brazzle and Croft get the win and some momentum to be future contenders for either tag or Femme Fatale titles.

SMY retains and gets beaten up by the other half of the A-List to close the show.
Unread 02-09-2019, 11:03 AM
Super Star

Welcome and good luck on your first diary.

Semi Main Event

Cool The Crowd Match

Unread 02-09-2019, 03:09 PM
Phenom

Default AAA Pretty Amazing 2016

I peaked out through the curtain. The Washington State Gymnasium was sold out. 2,000 people crammed in. I had had a year to get used to the sight, but it still took my breath away. Maybe one day, they'd be there specifically to see me. Someone tapped me on the shoulder.

Steffi was ready to go. We were about to open the show on her birthday, and she was going to pick up the win for our team. I was pleased for her, maybe I'd get a similar birthday present when the time came, I certainly hadn't last year.

Quote:
Opening Match

While we were in the ring watching Selina and Ellie making their entrances, Steffi told me that Selina had complained about losing the match and insisted on being kept looking strong. I never understood that myself, I think you're much better off being a team player and proving yourself reliable. I'm hoping that works out for me in the long run, but I'm not only a team player for that reason. It's just how I'm wired, I guess.

I spent most of the match being double teamed by the other team, getting sympathy and getting the crowd on my side until I made the hot tag to Steffi. She cleared house, and it came down to her and Selina in the ring. Steffi hit her signature Mafia Kick and pinned Selina after 11:05.

Your winners!

As much as I was pleased to start 2016 off with a victory, I couldn't help but notice that I was the weak link in the match. Maybe Selina had a point complaining about taking the pin, she certainly looked good, even in defeat, and she and Ellie had shown excellent natural chemistry together. In hindsight, perhaps they should've picked up the win...

Regardless, Steffi and I celebrated our victory, headed to the back, and I sat down to watch the rest of the show on the monitor behind the curtain.

Catherine Quine & Cherry Bomb Promo

Catherine Quine got up from the commentary desk and grabbed a microphone. First, she announced the sell-out attendance, and thanked everyone for coming. Then, he demeanour changed. She wanted to talk to Cherry Bomb, face-to-face in the ring.

Cherry came out and got in the face of Ms Quine. The fans went wild, as Cherry is one of our most (un)popular "heels" confronting our beloved owner. Backstage, I had to smile, seeing our owner and head booker squaring up like they hate each other, when really they have a great working relationship.

"Cherry, you've been a thorn in the side of my daughter for a while now. She's gotten herself over with these fans on her own merits, because Lord knows I don't play favourites! I think you're intimidated. I think you're worried she's going to take your spot as one of our top stars! So, later on tonight, you and Jaime will go against each other! This is her chance to get even with you, and your chance to prove she isn't on your level. Now get out of my face!"

With that, Ms Quine left the ring, leaving Cherry alone with a smirk on her face. Cherry hadn't brought a microphone to the ring, nor had she made any effort to grab one. She simply mouthed "alright" at Ms Quine, and came to the back.

I was thrilled for Simony, getting a title shot so soon after coming into AAA, but part of me did have to wonder why I couldn't have been chosen for this spot. Sure, my team picked up a win and there was no way I would've taken the title from Talia, but still, I would've loved to be involved in a title match!

Anyway, Talia picked up the win by pinfall after 10 minutes and 31 seconds of a competitive match that made Simony look great (but not as good at Talia).

Steph Blake & Zoe Ammis vs Jessica Bunny & Katherine Goodlooks vs Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose (C)

This was the best match of the night so far. The fans ate it up: the lovable "babyfaces" outnumbered against two "heel" teams; the excellent chemistry between the existing champions; the utter shock when the devious Blake & Ammis eliminated them first to guarantee new champions; the elation when Good Lookin' Bunny picked up the win and the titles! I looked on in awe, and even cheered myself when the referee struck three for the second time in the match after 11 minutes and a second!

Grudge Match

Tonight's matches just kept getting better! Cherry and Jaime had great chemistry and told an incredible story, despite Cherry seeming a little off her game. Both ladies put on an excellent performance and, even though Cherry picked up a tainted victory by putting her feet on the ropes for the decisive pinfall after 10:45, Jaime looked every bit ready for the main event scene tonight.

Interview Segment with Joanne Rodriguez and Sara Marie York

J-Ro and AAA Femme Fatale Champion, Sara Marie York

J-Ro and York took turns talking about their respective opponents tonight, Demelza Wade and Nadia Snow of The A-List. The crowd were invested in every single word out of both women's mouths, despite none of it being scripted whatsoever. I can only hope to one day be as good at cutting a promo as those ladies.

York headed to the back, and Demelza Wade came out with Cat Jemson for the next match.

Semi Main Event Grudge Match

Demelza Wade w/ Cat Jemson vs Joanne Rodriguez

As I watched from the curtain in awe, I noticed that Cat didn't seem very well suited to her gimmick at ringside, and wondered if anyone in charge had noticed. Other than that, the match was beautifully executed, including the finish that saw Nadia Snow rush out to ringside and distract J-Ro just long enough for Demelza to hit her with a Superkick for the pin at 16:35.

Cool The Crowd Match

Devil's Daughter & Tracy Brendan vs Lady Liberty & Power Girl vs Wendy Anderson & Christy Higgins vs Suzanne Brazzle & Paige Croft

Part of me envied these eight girls, going out just before the main event. But everyone knew what this match was: a bathroom break, an opportunity for the fans to top up their popcorn before the main event, a respite between two main event calibre matches. I was honestly surprised Ms Quine had put Wendy in this position on the card, but at least she picked up the win for her team at the 11:16 mark by pinning Power Girl (who was just here for one night to round out the numbers) after her signature Flying Cross Body.

Devil's Daughter and Tracy Brendan's timing as a team was all over the place, I doubt we'll see them team up again any time soon.

Nadia Snow w/ Cat Jemson vs Sara Marie York

The first main event of the first show of 2016 was amazing... although in my opinion, Cherry Bomb vs Jaime Quine was slightly better (and that's not me kissing up to Ms Quine, I honestly think that). Still, this match was great, the girls had great chemistry together, and after 16 minutes and 11 seconds, J-Ro attacked Nadia Snow, causing a disqualification. Nadia won the match, but Sara kept the title, and most importantly, our main storyline in AAA kept rolling!

Overall Show Rating:
The show was over, the arena was empty, and we had all showered and gathered around Ms Quine backstage, as was traditional in AAA. Ms Quine first praised Cherry Bomb for her great performance, which was completely fair as she was involved in both the best match of the night and one of the interview segments, both of which went over great with the crowd. Next, she complimented Jaime and Sara for good performances, Jaime in the match with Cherry, and Sara for the combination of her promo and her match with Nadia.

We knew the show had gone well from top to bottom, but Ms Quine liked to pick out a top three performers to praise each show as a little added incentive for everyone to try their hardest. One day, she'll single me out in a post-show speech...

Quote:
AAA Pretty Amazing 2016 Full Show Results

Steffi Chee & Sarah Taylor def. Selina Svelte & Ellie May Walton E+

Talia Quinzel def. Simony Sentinel to retain the AAA Top Contender's Championship D-

Good Lookin' Bunny def. Blake & Ammis and Lilly & Rose for the AAA Tag Team Championships D

Cherry Bomb def. Jaime Quine C-

Demelza Wade def. Joanne Rodriguez D

Wendy Anderson & Christy Higgins def. Devil's Daughter & Tracy Brendon, Lady Liberty & Power Girl and Suzanne Brazzle & Paige Croft E+

Nadia Snow def. Sara Marie York by DQ; York retains the AAA Femme Fatale Championship D+

Last edited by EBEZA : 02-19-2019 at 03:25 AM.
Unread 02-09-2019, 03:40 PM
Phenom

Big thanks to everyone who has embraced this diary already! I'll respond to as much as possible, as well as keeping a tally of predictions scores!

Quote:
Oh man! That's a weird coincidence, I am gonna' go with the champions. Hehe.
Unlucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSheriffo View Post
Let's hope this team 'Sparkells' and doesn't get a bad chemistry note.
We didn't get a bad chemistry note, but no positive one either.

Quote:
This should be a good match. From this point on I'm not sure who is going to win as in my experience these results could be affected by USPW and if they have made any offers, if they have leaves space for our Andromache though.
I haven't actually had anyone be approached just yet, but maybe that's a bad thing because now I don't have a show coming up for a month to switch titles, finish storylines, etc...

Quote:
SMY retains and gets beaten up by the other half of the A-List to close the show.
You got the title retention right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_RaideR View Post
Welcome and good luck on your first diary.
Thanks! I love your Piledriver diary, so it's an honour to have you here!

AAA Pretty Amazing 2016 Predictions Results

smw88 - 3 (you lost out because there were a couple of matches where you accidentally highlighted more than one winner, sorry!)

Rhyme1234 - 3 (there was still one match you had double-predicted, sorry!)

Omega58 - 5 (get out of my head! )

ElSheriffo - 3 (looks like this is the going rate for this show!)

DarK_RaideR - 1 (have a word with Omega, they stole two of your points!)

Most Predictable Result: Talia Quinzel retaining (5/5 predicted correctly)

Least Predictable Results: Good Lookin' Bunny winning the tag titles and Nadia Snow winning the main event, albeit by DQ (0/5 predicted correctly)

Thank you to everyone who read and/or predicted! I'll be back with more posts soon!
Unread 02-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Phenom

Default Rest of Week 1, January 2016

Wednesday

I was out with some friends at Rico's when a familiar figure walked in...

It was Tracy Brendon! I'd never seen her in this bar before, but here she was. I waved across the bar, and she came over. I introduced her to my friends, and asked why she was here.

"My divorce from Josh got finalised today."

Joshua Taylor. I didn't even know he and Tracy were splitting up, but Tracy and I weren't really that close. I didn't know how to react. Her answer didn't betray her feelings on the situation. Was she heartbroken? Was she relieved?

Then she smiled, partially at my "rabbit in the headlights" expression, I'm sure.

"Don't worry, I'm glad. It wasn't working out, I'm just relieved the legal process is over. It also doesn't hurt that I got a nice cut of his TCW money in the deal, so drinks are on me!"

I don't remember much from the rest of that night...

Thursday

When I eventually surfaced from my bed, I checked my emails. Ms Quine had sent me something... a form to fill in relating to criminal records? I was too hungover for this, but I figured I'd best get it back to her ASAP. I filled it in, I had nothing to hide, sent it back, grabbed a load of snacks and went back to bed.
Unread 02-09-2019, 10:59 PM
All Star

I missed the first show predictions, but I'm on board!
Unread 02-10-2019, 02:46 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
I missed the first show predictions, but I'm on board!
Awesome to have you on board! I love your Rocky Mountain Wrestling diary!
Unread 02-10-2019, 04:02 AM
Phenom

Default Tuesday, Week 1, February 2016

As soon as I opened the door to the Washington State Gymnasium, there was chaos and noise everywhere. Pretty much the whole locker room were split between holding Paige back and holding Selina back.

Paige Croft and Selina Svelte were trying to fight!

I have to admit, my mind automatically flashed back to last month, when Selina had been stubborn about losing in her tag match with me and Steffi, and I kind of assumed she had been causing trouble again. It turns out I was wrong! Tracy came up to me and filled me in on the details.

I hadn't seen her since the night her divorce came through

Apparently, Paige had pulled some sort of tasteless prank (or "rib" in wrestling talk) on Selina, and Selina hadn't taken it well, which would've led to a fight between the two had everyone not kept them apart, which is when I walked in. Ms Quine had a quiet word with Paige to explain how much worse the situation could've been.

Selina wasn't happy, she called it a "slap on the wrist" and was so vocal about her displeasure that Ms Quine sent her and Paige home, told them to come back next month and behave more professionally. What a start to the second show of the year!

"I've got good news and bad news." Tracy's words pulled me out of my own head and back into reality. "There's more good news than bad, so I'll just get the bad news out of the way: you're on the pre-show tonight." I blinked. We hadn't had a pre-show before, but I knew what it meant. I'd perform in front of the same crowd, have the same performance expected of me, but my match wouldn't make the DVD release of the show. I wouldn't earn any bonus from this show's DVD sales. Good thing I wasn't in this for the money!

"The good news is we're going against each other. So let's show them what we can do! Let's put some of those ideas we had in the bar to use!" She said with a smirk. I couldn't remember that night, but her expression told me we had some pretty ridiculous ideas. "The other good news, we're both getting to treat this as a bit of a trial - we're getting managers, just for this match, unless it goes well of course!" Who? Who would be my manager? She could see the questions running through my mind, I have the world's worst poker face.

"When my divorce came through, I may have milked it slightly with Catherine, and she agreed to bring someone in for a trial match as my manager."

Michelle Brendon

I recognised Michelle immediately. Not just because she and Tracy were so similar, but because I was an avid fan of both when they were The Brendon Sisters in AAA. "Pleased to meet you," she said as she shook my hand. I mumbled a pleasantry back, partially out of sudden shyness caused by being starstruck, partially because I didn't want to turn into a total "mark" babbling on about all my favourite memories from her career. "Who's my manager?"

"Cat Jemson."

Oh. My. God. Cat was the manager of The A-List, the company's top "heels." If I had good chemistry with her, maybe I could join the group? But could I work "heel?" I always felt more natural as a "face," I'm a pretty nice person, I don't like to upset others. Maybe she'd turn on them to manage me? But she's such a good "heel..."

"Come on, let's go find Cat and go over our match!" Tracy dragged me back to reality for a second time. She was right, I really wanted this to work.

Quote:
AAA More Than Meets The Eye 2016 Match Card

Pre-Show Match

Sarah Taylor (w/ Cat Jemson) vs Tracy Brendon (w/ Michelle Brendon)

Top Contender For The Top Contender's Championship Match
Steph Blake vs Suzanne Brazzle

Steffi Chee vs Talia Quinzel (C)

Match To Determine Next Month's Femme Fatale Championship Match
Demelza Wade & Nadia Snow (w/ Cat Jemson) vs Joanne Rodriguez & Sara Marie York
(If The A-List win, they both get a title shot next month in a Triple Threat. If J-Ro & York win, they go one-on-one for the title next month)

AAA Tag Team Championships Match
Christy Higgins & Wendy Anderson vs Jessica Bunny & Katherine Goodlooks (C)

Last Woman Standing Match