Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Super Star

Default WWF: 1991 and Beyond

Well, my IPOW Olympic style dynasty just wasn't working out, and as I said earlier, the funnest time I've ever had with TEW is when I had a WCW dynasty going, but there were so many WCW 1991 dynasties going, that I decided to give that up.

So I've closed my IPOW dynasty, and while I do still have my 4C C-Verse dynasty, I've been feeling pretty nostalgic and watching old WWF Royal Rumbles and Survivor Series. The thoughts of booking a Rumble or a Survivor Series have made me giddy. I'm probably in over my head, but I'm going to take over WWF, as Vince McMahon. It's just easier that way, as I said I have my 4C dynasty going where I am the head booker, so I'll get the best of both worlds.

I'm using the Rising Storms mod, and I haven't seen a 1991 WWF dynasty, so hopefully I'm the only one. I will write this dynasty like I've written all my other dynasties. Mostly text, but will try to include some story writing when I can. Maybe people will follow, maybe they won't. All followers and predictions are more than welcome, as are all comments. But if not, I'm going to have fun trying to book WWF in the early 90's, even if I was always more of a WCW fan. We'll see what happens.

Roster and such will be up sometime, probably tonight.
Unread 10-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Low Minors

Good luck! I'll try keeping tabs on this when I have the chance
Unread 10-13-2018, 10:08 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerglenn View Post
Good luck! I'll try keeping tabs on this when I have the chance
Thanks, I'm looking forward to the challenge.
Unread 10-13-2018, 10:31 PM
Super Star

The year was 1991. Vincent Kennedy McMahon was the owner of the World Wrestling Federation, one of only 4 national companies. The other 3 came from Mexico and Japan. The WWF's biggest competitor was World Championship Wrestling, but even they were far behind the WWF. But still, Mr. McMahon wasn't happy. He had some unhappy wrestlers. He had over 60 wrestlers on the roster that he couldn't keep busy, not even with house shows. A change had to be made. Mr. McMahon had 2 options: split the company into 2 brands, or start a developmental company. He weighed the pros and cons of each:

Pros for brand split: get more wrestlers involved, create more stars
Cons for Brand Split: Too many storylines going on that will have to be split, plus the need for more shows.

Pros for Developmental Fed: Give some Lower Card guys a chance to shine in a smaller company, develop new, young talent.
Cons for Developmental Fed: Less jobbers in main company, less wrestlers to choose from for Royal Rumble.

Mr. McMahon was about to do something completely unprecedented: he was about to let the fans decide. Would the company split into 2 brands: or would WWF start a developmental company? And if the WWF started a developmental company, would it be a fresh, new company? Or would VKM try to broker a deal with an established small company to be the WWF's developmental company?

Vince would start a poll on a website called greydogsoftware, a site that apparently produced a game where the fans could book shows on a computer game. Something Mr. McMahon had never heard of. The poll would open and be kept open until several fans had a chance to vote. Until then, the WWF would be at a standstill, not producing any shows until a decision was made. The decision comes for you great fans/readers. The poll will be created in the general discussion forum. Please cast your vote.
Unread 10-15-2018, 05:04 PM
Super Star

Mr. McMahon was at a loss for words. With about 8 hours to go in the fan voting, things were completely split 3 ways. Nothing had been solved. "These damn fans don't know what they want!" McMahon said in a press conference. "But I know what I want, and I know what I'm going to do. Regardless of how the fan voting turns out, my decision is made. It's going to be unprecedented."

What is that decision you ask? Well, tune in tomorrow to find out.
Unread 10-16-2018, 07:12 AM
Super Star

The wait was over. Mr. Vincent Kennedy McMahon was ready to announce what would happen with WWF. He had hinted big changes, and here are the highlights of the press conference.

VKM: "First of all, all titles are vacant, all storylines are scrapped, all managers no longer have clients. All shows have been cancelled. We no longer have any tv broadcasting deals. Everything is wide open. WWF is splitting into 2 separate brands. I don't have names for the brands yet, but those will be revealed very soon." *murmurs from the crowd*

Reporter: "Mr. McMahon, how do you plan on splitting up the roster? Will you have one brand be more dominant, with the bigger stars?"

VKM: "Absolutely not. I want both brands to be as equal as possible. A fair playing field for all involved. What I will do is this, I will start with the Tag Teams, breaking it down to face/heel. I will randomly draw the Face tag teams to be on their shows, and then do the Heel Tag Teams, so that hopefully we have the same amount of Face and Heel teams on each show."

Reporter: "Will you look to sign new talent if there is a huge discrepancy?"

VKM: "I expect some turns within the company. We have already signed about a dozen new wrestlers to help create more star power for each show. If the need arises, I will turn wrestlers from face to heel, and vice versa. However, we are always looking to boost the roster, so yes, I will continue to scout and sign new talent."

Reporter: "And after you've done this with the Tag Teams?"

VKM: "Then we will start breaking down the singles competitors by push (Main Event, Upper Midcard, etc.) Break it down by disposition (face/heel). The ultimate goal is to have the same name of face and heel pushes on each show. For instance, I want 3 heel Main Eventers and 3 Face Main Eventers on each show. Then a few heel Upper Midcarders, a few face Upper Midcarders, and so on."

Reporter: "And do you want things to be 100% even across the board? Do you want the same number of heels and faces for each show, each push, all the way down the line?"

VKM: "Ideally, yes, that is the goal. However, am I going to throw a fit if say.. we have 7 face Midcarders on a show, and only 6 heel Midcarders on the same show? Absolutely not! Now if we have say.. 8 Midcard heels and 4 Midcard faces on the same show, then changes will need to be made."

Reporter: "What about tv? Surely WWF can't survive without tv for long."

VKM: "You're right, WWF can NOT survive without a weekly tv show. There are several broadcasters willing to negotiate with us. We will be back on tv and have at least 3-4 shows before the Royal Rumble, you can mark my word on that."

Reporter: "How about PPVs? Any changes there? Will you be holding specific PPVs every month for each brand?"

VKM: "We are changing nothing with our PPVs. We will have 5 PPVs a year, starting out: Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, King of the Ring, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series. These will all be joint PPVs. In addition, there will be 2-3 Saturday Night's Main Events a year. Those will also be joint, and will be held during months that don't have a PPV. I don't feel the need for both brands to have their own PPV every month, or even at all, at this point."

Reporters: "What about titles? Will you have 1 set of title holders that will bounce from show to show?"

VKM: "No! Each brand will have their own set of titles. A primary singles title, a secondary singles title, and a set of Tag Team titles. There will be tournaments for each of these titles, and those will be announce when the rosters are set. I have not decided on a format for the title tournaments, but they will take place leading up to and even during the Royal Rumble."

Reporters: "How is this going to effect the Royal Rumble if you still have tournaments going on?"

VKM: "That is a good question. I expect the tournaments to be done by then, or at least up to the Championship Matches. Those that lose in their respective tournaments will be entered in the Royal Rumble. It will still be 30 wrestlers. 15 from each brand."

Reporter: "How about announcers? Will you have the same set of announcers for both brands? And the referees? Will they go from brand to brand?"

VKM: "Ideally, we want each brand to be completely separate, with their own personalities, announcers, color commentators, and referees, and road agents. Starting out, that may not be the case, but we will continue to sign staff to make it happen."

VKM: "OK guys, I have to start building the rosters, so no more questions at this time. If anything else comes to mind, have your agents call mine, or something like that. Until then."

(VKM left the podium as a shocked audience continued to wrap their heads around what they just heard. Can WWF survive with a brand split. Will it hurt their popularity? We'll soon find out. Rosters announcements coming soon.)
Unread 10-16-2018, 06:04 PM
Super Star

Mr. McMahon has gotten the rosters divided, and although he doesn't have names for the brands yet (they'll be known as Brand A and Brand B until I come up with better ideas), he has a tv contract for each. Starting with Brand A:

Main Eventers

Face- Hulk Hogan, Sgt. Slaughter, Ultimate Warrior
Heel- Mr. Perfect, Ted Dibiase, Rick Rude

Upper Midcarders

Face- Animal, Hawk,Jimmy Snuka, Texas Tornado
Heel- Big Bossman, King Kong Bundy

Midcarders

Faces- Shawn Michaels, Marty Jannettty, Tugboat, British Bulldog, Nikolai Volkoff
Heels- Brian Knobbs, Jerry Sags, Matt Borne, One Man Gang, Virgil

Lower Midcarders

Heels- Kato, Tanaka

Openers

Face- Brian Costello
Heel- Boris Zhukov

Enhancement Talent

Heel- Bob Bradley

Tag Teams

Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal)
Rockers (Michaels and Jannetty)
Orient Express (Tanaka and Kato)
Nasty Boys (Knobbs and Sags)

Managers- Sensational Sherri and Jimmy Hart

Referees- Danny Davis, Jim Korderas, Earl Hebner

Road Agents- Chief Jay Strongbow, JJ Dillon, Rene Goulet

TV Show- Monday Night Raw (although the first show will air on Thursday, then move to Monday). 2 hour show.

Announcers- Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan

Broadcasting Deals- USA Network, Setana Sports, FX Canada, TV3
Unread 10-16-2018, 06:16 PM
Super Star

And now the Brand B roster and staff:

Main Eventers

Faces- Jim Duggan, The Undertaker, Dusty Rhodes
Heels- Earthquake, Jake Roberts, Randy Savage

Upper Midcarders

Faces- Bret Hart, Ricky Steamboat, Tito Santana
Heels- Rick Martel, Dino Bravo, The Barbarian

Midcarders

Faces- Jim Neidhart, Saba Simba, Tommy Rich, Bill Kazmaier
Heels- The Warlord, The Mountie, Haku, Hercules, Smash

Lower Midcarders

Faces- Dustin Rhodes, Jim Powers, Bushwhacker Luke
Heels- Chris Adams, Paul Roma, Crush

Opener

Face- Bushwhacker Butch

Enhancement Talent

Face- Al Burke
Heel- Barry Hardy

Tag Teams

Hart Foundation (Hart and Neidhart)
Haku and The Barbarian
Power and Glory (Roma and Hercules)
Demolition (Smash and Crush)
Bushwhackers (Luke and Butch)

Managers- Slick and Mr. Fuji

Referees- Joey Marella, Mike Chioda, Tim White

Road Agents- Jack Lanza, Pat Patterson, Tony Garea

TV Show- Prime Time Wrestling (no contract yet)

Announcers- Lord Alfred Hayes and Roddy Piper

Gene Okerlund will be the backstage interviewer for both shows, as of now. I will be looking for someone to be the backstage interviewer for Prime Time Wrestling and keep Okerlund on RAW.
Unread 10-16-2018, 06:22 PM
Super Star

Mr. McMahon has decided that until further notice, Brand A will be known as the RAW Brand, and Brand B will be known as the Prime Time Brand
Unread 10-16-2018, 06:57 PM
Super Star

More huge news out of Connecticut, as Mr. McMahon has just announced 2 big pieces of news:

First, the WWF has opened opened up a developmental territory called National Championship Wrestling. It is set to be a small sized fed. McMahon has made a shocking hire, calling on Eric Bischoff to run the company. McMahon has hired Robert Fuller (otherwise known as Col. Robert Parker) to be the head booker. McMahon has sent the following people down to NCW for various reasons:

Steven Regal
Jack Doan
Percy Pringle
Brother Love
Sean Mooney
The Genius
Shane McMahon
Gerald Brisco
Eddie Guerrero
Koko B. Ware

He is also looking at signing Sam Houston and Shane Douglas to developmental contracts to work in NCW.

The hope is that Regal, Guerrero, Koko, Houston, and Douglas will go down there to wrestle, while Shane O'Mac will be the NCW General Manager, Sean Mooney will be the commentator for the weekly shows, Gerald Brisco will be the Road Agent, and Jack Doan will be the referee.

As for the others, Mr. McMahon is leaving it in the hands of Bischoff and Fuller to decided the roles of the others, most of who could be managers. He has also left Bischoff and Fuller in charge of hiring other talent. NCW Live will be the weekly 1 hour tv show, and will air on Wednesday nights. (I am currently on Thursday, Week 3 of Jan. 1991, so the first NCW Live is set to air Wednesday, Week 4 of Jan. 1991

The other big piece of news is that Mr. McMahon could not get Prime Time Wrestling on the air as all the broadcaster would not negotiate until RAW had been on for 3 months. So, Mr. McMahon did something else unprecedented: He started up WWF Network. With other contracts in place, WWF Network for right now will only air Prime Time Wrestling and Saturday Night's Main Events. WWE Network is only available in the USA currently, and is a subscription network.

So with all that said, I think I am finally ready to book the first show, which will be a special episode of Monday Night RAW, aired on Thursday Night.
Unread 10-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Super Star

Thursday Night RAW Preview

Mr. McMahon has announced tournaments for the RAW brand, which will include the WWF Title Tournament, the WWF Intercontinental Title Tournament, and the WWF Tag Team Title Tournament. All First Round matches will take place on this first edition of this special 3 hour edition of Thursday Night Raw, and here is the card:

WWF World Title Tournament Quarterfinals

Rick Rude vs. The Ultimate Warrior
Mr. Perfect vs. Sgt. Slaughter
Ted DiBiase vs. Hulk Hogan
Big Boss Man vs. Jimmy Snuka

WWF Intercontinental Title Tournament Quarterfinals

Matt Borne vs. 'The Texas Tornado' Kerry Von Erich
Virgil vs. Tugboat
King Kong Bundy vs. 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith
One Man Gang vs. Nikolai Volkoff

WWF Tag Team Title Tournament Semifinals

Legion of Doom vs. Orient Express
The Rockers vs. The Nasty Boys

Feel free to offer up predictions or comments if you so choose, I will probably run this show either Thursday or Friday if all goes well.
Unread 10-18-2018, 02:00 AM
Hall of Fame

WWF World Title Tournament Quarterfinals

Rick Rude vs. The Ultimate Warrior
Mr. Perfect vs. Sgt. Slaughter
Ted DiBiase vs. Hulk Hogan
Big Boss Man vs. Jimmy Snuka

WWF Intercontinental Title Tournament Quarterfinals

Matt Borne vs. 'The Texas Tornado' Kerry Von Erich
Virgil vs. Tugboat
King Kong Bundy vs. 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith
One Man Gang vs. Nikolai Volkoff

WWF Tag Team Title Tournament Semifinals

Legion of Doom vs. Orient Express
The Rockers vs. The Nasty Boys
Unread 10-22-2018, 06:51 AM
Super Star

Thank you to whoever rated this dynasty, I hope you'll rate my next attempt. I'm shutting this one down as there are some changes I want to make, and I wasn't happy with the overall setup with this one. I'm getting started on the new attempt now