Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Grey Dog Software Think Tank > Mafia games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Phenom

Default GDS Real World Chaos Mafia - GAME THREAD

Night 0

Vince McMahon was an idiot. Many people, upon hearing that statement, would agree. However, it was his crazy writers, booking, and business moves that would back-up their idea. However, tonight, he was an idiot for attending a meeting he really had no reason to. In fact, it was in his best interest to avoid it, but he went anyway. He was hoping he could discuss some past events, and maybe even talk about the future.

The person Vince would be meeting decided to hold the meeting in a small town in Connecticut, not far from Vince’s home or WWE Headquarters. The supposed reason was because the man he’d be visiting with would be in the area…

Vince’s limo pulls up to the small, 2-story office building where the meeting would be held. It was 8 PM and was dark already, as the sky was overcast. Mr. McMahon looks to his driver, “Wait here, I shouldn’t be more than 20 minutes to half an hour”.

The truth was that it would take barely 5 minutes. He walks up to the door. It’s dim inside, only about a third of the fluorescent ceiling lights are on. There is a sign on the door:

Quote:
Hey, Mr. McMahon. I’ll be upstairs, third door on the left.
That seemed odd him. For a few seconds, he stands, holding the door handle, wondering why he’s here, wondering why it feels so eerie all of a sudden, and especially wondering why he is meeting this man at all… He’d had a rocky past with him, and didn’t understand why he had such a feeling of guilt. He decided to enter the building. His fate was sealed.

Vince headed upstairs, and to the third door on the left as suggested. He opened the door. The man was already in the room, sitting at a table, with his hands folded.

“Come on in, sit down.”

As quickly as Vince’s hand reached for the back of his chair, his assailant grabbed a small handgun from his lap. One shot to the head, one shot to the chest…

Vince was dead within 2 seconds. His attacker achieved his ultimate goal.

About an hour and a half later, Vince’s driver became suspicious. He had heard a loud noise, but figured it was distant construction. He entered the office building, walked upstairs, headed to the third door on the left, and his screams could be heard in Southern California.

Two days later, his funeral was held in his hometown of Greenwich. Many, many wrestlers, family, friends, family friends, and even random celebrities and personalities showed up. Linda, Shane, and Stephanie were there, obviously. WWE wrestlers, past and present were there, including Ric Flair, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and even Hulk Hogan. Even wrestlers from other promotions showed up to pay their respects. The world mourned a pioneer.

However, there were some out there who laughed, as their plan fell together… It was a perfect time for the rise of Total Nonstop Assassins

By the end of the next day, almost everyone left, still stunned at Mr. McMahon’s death. However, a few stayed in town to do some thinking. Who would have done this? These people know that if you are against Mr. McMahon and the WWE then you are against pro-wrestling. Little did they know that they themselves would become targets…

Mr. McMahon is dead. He was WWE Aligned Chairman and Pro-Wrestling Pioneer.

As all of this was happening, another group sat back and watched. They were enemies of the WWE too. Unlike with some others, victory to them is black and white…

PLAYERS: 12

6. Jagilki
8. Masterded
9. Sprinklefurball
10. The Aussie
11. Wallbanger
13. i effin rule
14. Moe Hunter
20. Minister Whitey
24. TheEdgeOfReason
26. Sensai of Mattitude
28. machinesxe
29. nZane

GRAVEYARD

0. Joose2001 - Vince McMahon, WWE Aligned Chairman and Pro-Wrestling Pioneer.
1. The Outlaw321 - Kevin Nash, New World Order Aligned Big Man and Master Politician
2. BIG JOSH - The Boogeyman, WWE Aligned Weird Voodoo Clock-Smasher
3. Undertaker666 - The Shockmaster, Individually Aligned Clumsy Champion of the Botch
4. Crychon - Hornswoggle, WWE Aligned Little B****** Leprechaun
5. Infinitywpi - CM Punk, WWE Aligned Straight Edged Thinker
7. Gonvick - Raven, Individually Aligned Loner And Master Of The Promo
12. NickC13573 - Scott Hall, New World Order Aligned Drunken and Unemployed Slacker
15. BlueStar - Big Guido, Full Blooded Italians Aligned Often Ignored Investigator
16. Panix04 - The Ultimate Warrior, Individually Aligned Crazy Former Champion
17. nZane - Linda McMahon, McMahon Family Aligned CEO and Matriarch
18. trypio - Shane McMahon, McMahon Family Aligned Vengeful Son
19. Arrows - Tony Mamaluke, Full Blooded Italians Aligned Other Guy and Investigator
21. Pampero Firpo - Ric Flair, WWE Aligned Well-Respected Legend
22. TheEdgeOfReason - HHH, WWE Aligned King of Kings and Owner Of Sledgehammers
23. infinitywpi - Gregory Helms, WWE Aligned Cruiserweight Superstar and All-round Nice Guy
25. Clarity - King Booker, WWE Aligned Obviously Fake Royalty
27. Mr T Jobs To Me - Matt Hardy, WWE Aligned Individually Successful Brother of Jeff
30. Astil - Scott Steiner, Total Nonstop Assassins Aligned Genetic Freak and Hitman
31. Astil - Edge, WWE Aligned Opportunistic Rated “R” Superstar
32. Jbergy_2005 - Jeff Jarrett, Total Nonstop Assassins Aligned WWE Outcast/TNA Main Eventer

(Jacked from SB)

Each Day & Night Phase recap will be listed here, along with its Post # in the thread for convenience.

DEATH POST LISTINGS:

Night 0 - Post #1
Day 1 - Write-up Page 26, Infinitywpi Lynched
Night 1 - Write-up Page 36, TEoR, Arrows, nZane, BIG JOSH Killed
Day 2 - Write-up Page 78, Astil Lynched
Night 2 - Write-up Page 92, No Deaths!
Day 3 - Write-up Page 129, Undertaker666 Lynched
Night 3 - Write-up Page 134, NickC13573, trypio, Mr T Jobs To Me Killed
Day 4 - Write-up Page 164, No Lynch
Day 5 - Write-up Page 167, theoutlaw321, Crychon Killed

Do not post yet. How to play and rules comes next, followed by roles being sent out.

Last edited by mjdgoldeneye : 09-03-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Phenom

(Sorry SB, lol...)

HOW TO PLAY:

- All of you have been PMíd a role, and your alignment (either WWE Aligned or Mafia Aligned). The objective is to eliminate all members of the opposing alignment from the game.

- Each player has been given a role with their own special ability. Your PM will explain what it does, if you are meant to know. You donít have to reveal what your role is to the other players, nor will I do so in my updates. Then again there is nothing to stop you, so if you feel that it may help prove your innocence, go ahead Ė just keep in mind that this could also backfire and help the mafia. Likewise, you may lie about who you are if you wish. If you want to use your abilities, PM me. DO NOT post it in the thread.

- The game is split into two phases, Day and Night. The game begins during the day, and all players (Mafia and Townie alike) post in the thread, deciding who to kill off. Lynching is the only way for the Townies to kill the Mafia, so be sure to examine voting patterns of your fellow players. I might also provide clues in the death write ups, but over-reliance on those is ill-advised as some may be traps.

- All voting and discussion is to occur within the thread. CornellVerse players may discuss who they think is Mafia, and Mafia members should be trying to bluff/convince/blend in, and generally try not to get voted for. To vote, post Vote: Username (in bold, so itís easier to count). You can also change your vote, by typing Change Vote: Username. You can also choose to vote for No Lynching. You must post in the thread for you vote to be counted. You can also abstain from voting, which means I just do not include you in the number crunching.

- Elimination occurs after 48 hours, or whenever a person obtains more than 50% of the vote. In case of a tie, the latest vote will be discounted, until the tie is broken. Once a person dies, I will reveal their alignment and role.

- Night falls after somebody is executed. During this time, the Mafia can discuss who they want to kill next (using whatever form of communication appeals to them) Ė if anyone at all. Abilities are also used during this time. To use an ability, PM me, and Iíll PM you the outcome of the ability. If it is something serious like somebody getting killed, I will update it in the thread. If possible though, try to PM me what you want to do as soon after night falls as possible to keep things moving along at a quick pace. Once the Mafia has decided, it is up to the Mafia Don to tell me who he wants dead. If the Mafia Don dies, a new one is appointed.

- Night ends once I post who gets killed, and the cycle repeats itself. The CornellVerse players win if all Mafia members are dead, and vice versa. Remember, this is a team effort, so if you think sacrificing someone may help your cause, go ahead.

-Remember, some roles such as investigators and protectors are more valuable to the town Ė so try to keep them alive!

RULES:

- I know itís the Dog Pound, but try not to postwhore in the thread anyway. Feel free to trash talk, accuse, call out other players if you want, but if youíre going to vote, at least state some kind of reason as to why youíre doing so.

- Though I canít force you to post, Iíd love to see active participation. Otherwise Iíll be a sad panda.

- Once you are dead, you stay dead, and may not participate until the game is over. You may also not advise the remaining players on what to do Ė besides, to prevent cheating, I will not provide the dead with any additional information than they would get if they were still alive. Of course, Iím willing to listen to your theories as to whatís going on. Likewise, I'd appreciate if those not taking part try not help those playing, though general comments on how things are going would be welcomed in the Sign Up Thread.

- Unless your role permits it, all players may not discuss game plan, your role, or alignment outside the thread. Of course, I canít enforce this, but I believe secretly revealing information amongst each other would spoil the game, so try not to do it.

- Players are not allowed to edit their posts in this thread at all, as it allows for those who make mistakes to remove all of the evidence without any effort. Since I can't enforce this, I strongly encourage town aligned players to scrutinize any posts they notice that have been edited.

Due to scheduling, all PM's to moderators during the day phase should go to joose, and all PM's during the night should go to me, mjdgoldeneye.
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Phenom

Default Hurray!

The Game Is Now Open

It is now the day phase. You have a little over 48 hours, until 5:00 PM Eastern on August 18th to get something done. Good Luck!
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Super Star

All roles have now been sent

As stated above, I know the roles will say "PM me....." that was just so easier to read.

Anyone doing anything in the day, PM myself.
Anyone for the night phase, PM MJD

So, I will now sit back, grab a beer and watch you guys mess everything up

Added Rule
If you do not post at least once in a 72 hour period, you will assumed to be inactive in the game and will be replaced.
HOWEVER, there are one or two people I know atm that are away on vacation so they will be safe from this untill they are back.

Last edited by joose2001 : 08-16-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Hall of Fame

Are we sure Vince is dead.. Maybe its just another poorly planned angle...
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Super Star

How long till we roleclaim?

Unread 08-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Im surprised no-one already has. this thread is 13 minutes old already.....
Super Star

Personally, I think early roleclaiming for the sake of it should be discouraged.

However, if your in major danger and think its in the best interests, then yes you can.

Later on in the game however wont matter too much
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
Most anticlimactic game twist ever...
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Although im sure someone will role claim as him for a laff
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Phenom

In regards to roleclaiming, there may be some serious unknown dangers out there, so I'd discourage it too, as joose said...

I wonder what you'll do without my bandwagon in the beginning...
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Hall of Fame

Vote: Mjdgoldeneye
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Hall of Fame

oh and i know he isn't playing this game
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
Haha, exactly what I was thinking.
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Low Minors

Vote: BlueStar

Told you I was going to...