Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Grey Dog Software Think Tank > Mafia games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Locker Room Leader :)

Yup, I was about to start work on the rest of the roles when I came over to the Pound and saw that someone had posted in here. I've been catching up with some of J Silver's excellent USPW diary and I've now almost got to the end at last. So expect all of the non-town roles to be up tonight probably, although it might be tomorrow morning before I finish all of them.
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:05 PM

And now, the penultimate set of roles… all those lovely mafia folks who tried to make E-Ville their new home and ultimately met their demise at the hands of a very focussed and bloodthirsty town. I mean… ouch, you guys hit them hard from the outset.
-----------------------------------------------------------
supermareo
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_b
You are the Mafia Aligned Godfather.

You see a lot of potential in the town and the surrounding area but in order to control it, you need first make sure the townspeople won’t turn on you. You’ve never been a particularly scrupulous person so helping a few of the townspeople into an early grave doesn’t bother you in the slightest. Even so, there’s something about this town that bothers you and it’s not just the fact that they are already trying to build hospitals, police stations and a university…

You may communicate at any time with your fellow mafia members:
djthefunkchris
jagilki
masterded
Self
Wallbanger

Also each night you must PM me with the name of ONE person you would like killed and the name of the mafia member you want to perform the kill. The hitman will be unable to use any other abilities they have while performing the kill. If you do not PM me this information, I will randomly decide a target and a hitman for you.

You achieve victory when the number of remaining Mafia members outnumbers everyone else.
One of few roles that hinted at another scum group outside of the mafia, it also hinted towards the students although if anyone had worked that out I’d have been surprised. Looking over my notes I realise I had actually forgotten one of the things the Godfather would/could find out… and that was a special note he would get from the Psychiatrist informing him that someone was “acting out of character”. Basically, if anyone in the mafia were recruited into the cult (only a few people were) then as long as the psychiatrist was alive the Don could keep the entire mafia in (forfeiting a kill) to cure any mafia member in the cult and return them to normal. Or he could just let the psychiatrist do his normal job. Up to him.

The mafia didn’t have a good game, largely due to Astil’s Forensics skills. But they could’ve roleblocked themselves in order for the kill to not go through… or early on, they could’ve used the item that they were given to talk to someone else and influence them. The clamming up of kills really hurt ALL the killing groups… Astil could investigate 1 body yet there was the potential for several kills each night. Twas a hard game for the mafia, poor guys…

As Godfather he would always show up town when investigated. He was obviously recruitable into the Masons (as anyone was) but couldn’t be recruited into any other groups.

djthefunkchris
Quote:
You are the Mafia Aligned Right Hand Man.

Godfather wants coffee? You get him coffee. Godfather doesn’t like the food he’s been given? You go shoot the chef. It’s a messy job but someone has to do it and as his most trusted lieutenant you are the first man he’ll turn to. As long as you are by his side, the Godfather will be just fine.

As long as you are not doing something else at night, the Godfather is safe from night kills. As his right hand man you are also the next in line to take over as Godfather should something happen to him.

jagilki
masterded
Self
Supermareo
Wallbanger

You achieve victory when the number of remaining Mafia members outnumbers everyone else.
Basically, he protected the Godfather unless he was sent out to do the killing or being roleblocked by someone. The mafia did seem to work out that this would also mean that if the Godfather was out killing that he could still be protected (he was) and did use this to their advantage for a while.

He was recruitable into the cult as an unwilling member but that never became an issue. Can you imagine the carnage that would’ve caused late in the game?

Wallbanger
Quote:
You are the Mafia Aligned Dirty Cop.

For a new small town, this place sure does have a lot of cops. Unfamiliar cops with a lot of work to do and no time to talk to each other or to you. Still, things aren’t too bad. You’ve got a well paid pro-town job as part of the police force and a second well paid job reporting information to the Mafia hoping to take over the town. All in all, you seem to be in the money and have plenty of connections to see you rise up the ladder if you decide to quit your police work for something more… lucrative.

djthefunkchris
jagilki
masterded
Self
Supermareo

In addition to this, you may PM me each night with the name of someone you want to investigate. Your investigation will reveal the role of the person but not their alignment.

A powerful role for the mafia, they could find out all manner of information about suspected strong townsfolk.. if they were lucky. He found out about midnightnick (Mailman) and theoutlaw321 (police officer) before his demise… he was also recruitable into the cult as an unwilling follower.

jagilki
Quote:
You are the Mafia Aligned Framer.

Working in conjunction with the Dirty Cop, you were hired by the Mafia to make people look guilty and get them our of your boss’s way. A master at planting evidence, you are more than capable of tricking the police force into believing the innocent are guilty and the guilty are... well, still guilty. Your skills don’t go as far as being able to cover up the guilt of others, only of concealing their innocence.

djthefunkchris
masterded
Self
Supermareo
Wallbanger

You may also PM me the name of ONE person each night that you wish to frame. During that night only, any investigations carried out on that person will reveal them as “non-town aligned” regardless of their alignment.

Standard framer role.. he made people look like scum regardlessof their original alignment. Never got the chance to use his ability though as he was out killing on Night 1 and was then lynched on Day 2. Was recruitable into the cult as an unwilling follower and could’ve provided some great amusement if he had been in the Masons, picking and choosing their investigations for them….

Self
Quote:
You are the Mafia Aligned Prostitute.

Some people achieve success with their brains. Some with their brawn. You use other certain assets to your advantage; and you use them very well. It isn’t your fault people keep falling for your “charms”, but thanks to your “charms” people often find themselves revealing a lot more about themselves than they might think Wouldn’t be the first time someone had declared they’d do anything to stay by your side.

djthefunkchris
jagilki
masterded
Supermareo
Wallbanger

In addition, you may also PM me with one name to roleblock. Your roleblock will prevent that person from doing anything that night.

Quote:
If targets potential recruit, send this: You are Individually Aligned Power Seeking Prostitute

However if you die you will still show up as Mafia Aligned Prostitute.

It struck you while you were “busy” last night that all these men that declare their love for your could come in very useful for you. After all, why should someone else benefit from all the hard work you have done? While ??? was sleeping, you realised that you could easily manipulate some of these men into doing your every bidding just as much as your boss does.

Each time you use your “skills” on a suitable person, you will be informed that they would join you if you were to declare yourself as an independent mafia group, the “[COLOR=”DarkOrange”]Love Power[/color]” group. At any time in the future, you may PM me saying that you want to form your own mafia. Your group will consist of yourself and your dedicated, lovestruck followers and you will be the Don. The only way to control this group is through your “skills” so you will be unable to use your roleblocking ability once your mafia is formed. Currently the following people would join your mafia group:

???

You may continue to communicate with ??? in the red mafia. It is up to you to not let them know that your allegiance no longer belongs to them. At this time you can NOT communicate with the recruits for your group and they do NOT know that they can be recruited into your group. Your recruits will not appear as part of your group until you decide to create your mafia.

You achieve victory when you have formed your mafia group AND when they outnumber everybody else.
Quote:
When forms mafia, send this: You are the Love Power Aligned Don.

You have power, you skilled at “love” and you love power… what else would you call your group? Your former boss used to use your skills to get himself as much power as he could… well, now it’s time to go into business for yourself. Using your contacts, you are now in control of your own group and you want this town for yourself. On your side… a group of men who have professed their love to you. Hmmm, this could be tricky.

You may communicate at any time with your fellow mafia members ???. You may also continue to communicate at any time with members of the other mafia ???. It is up to you not to let them know that your allegiance no longer belongs to them.

Due to your need to control your mafia, you have lost the power to use your “skills” to roleblock as you must use them to maintain control of your group. However, if you are the only remaining member of your mafia, you may use your “skills” to recruit new members. If you die, your mafia will disband as you were the only one holding the group together.

As Don, each night you must PM me with the name of ONE person you would like killed and the name of the mafia member you want to perform the kill. The hitman will be unable to use any other abilities they have while performing the kill. If you do not PM me this information, I will randomly decide a target and a hitman for you.

You achieve victory when the number of remaining Love Power members outnumbers everyone else.
One of the roles that had the most thought put into it out of them all… but never hit the key people sadly. She was the mafia roleblocker to start with and was also considerably down the pecking order for taking over the mafia… although had she formed her own mafia AND gained control of the main mafia she would take control of anyone lower down the pecking order, boosting her own numbers.

She did trigger the husband/wife split by targetting the wife for roleblock but the wife wasn’t recruitable into her mafia... the husband was though, but she never targetted him.

Her potential recruits and their potential powers:
Backyard Wrestler (face): Rolelock/Extra Kill
Bar Owner: PC Geek Variation
Movie Star: Double Voter
Negotiator: Negative Voter
Students*2: Various Skills
Vigilante Police Officer: Dirty Cop Investigation/Extra Kill (+ would make her appear as town when investigated)
Doctor: Protect
Husband: No Special Skills
Sheep: No Special Skills
*Psychiatrist: Cure Cultist/Bi-Polar
*Traitor: No Special Skills

She wasn’t recruitable into the cult, but with the possibility of being in the Masons, the mafia and her own mafia she had the potential to wield more power over the town than anyone else. However, the Movie Star, Students and Sheep all were also recruitable as willing members of the cult (or would just take it over) so this group had the potential to be a LOT of trouble. Her followers would sacrifice themselves if she was targetted for a night kill too… meaning that she was sort of bullet proof for a while. If she ever ran out of followers then she would then have been able to choose to roleblock/recruit OR kill people herself. If she had been killed at any point the group would have disbanded (returning to their old alignments) as she was the only reason holding them together. Which could’ve been trouble for some of the group members…

masterded
Quote:
You are the Mafia Aligned Psychiatrist.

This town has some serious issues and as a fully trained qua.. psychiatrist, it’s your job to look after the mental well-being of the townspeople. Well… it would be if you weren’t in the employ of the town’s Mafia. You’ve spent years dealing with all kinds of mental ailments. From people hearing voices and worshipping bizarre cults to those who have un-natural thoughts about their mother or think they’ve been abducted by aliens, you’ve dealt with them all. The mafia hired you to help look after their own interests and to hopefully put a stop to those who might cause the Mafia a problem.

djthefunkchris
jagilki
Self
Supermareo
Wallbanger

You may also PM me with the name of ONE person each night that you wish to try therapy on in order to cure whatever mental problems they have.

The only direct cult reference that anyone had outside of the cult leader. He was one of only 2 people able to cure cultists and was a potentially huge ally for the town or mafia alike. He actually targetted machinesxe for therapy on the first night and this would’ve caused machine (the psychopath) to not kill during the next night phase as a result… but machine had already killed the cult leader and taken over the top position by time therapy is applied and so it didn’t work. He was also the recipient of the first inventor gift (the radio set) but passed it on to someone else… which is a shame cos he could’ve really influenced the game by talking to another player of his choice if he’d opened them. Doh!

TheEdgeOfReason
Quote:
You are the Mafia Aligned Traitor.

There’s always one who thinks it’s cool to be part of a Mafia and that person is you. Fortunately, you aren’t unprepared for the event of joining the Mafia. You’ve already discovered who they are, it’s just a question of luring them to you under cover of darkness, as you know perfectly well what happens to people who go to the Mafia at night. For now, you’ll just have to try to blend into the town

You may NOT communicate with the mafia until you have been recruited. Doing so will result in you being modkilled.

The mafia consists of:
djthefunkchris
jagilki
masterded
Self
Supermareo
Wallbanger

You may not talk to these people outside the game thread until you have been recruited. Attempting to do so will result in you being modkilled.

You achieve victory when the number of remaining Mafia members outnumbers everyone else but ONLY if you have been successfully recruited.
Quote:
You are the Individually Aligned Mafia Wannabe.

They ruined it!! Everything you’ve ever worked towards and this town ruined it!! You had dreams of making things so much better. There would’ve been no crime except that which you organised, there would’ve been no trouble, nothing bad could’ve happened here… but the people of E-Ville couldn’t see what the mafia wanted to do. You could’ve been rich!! You could’ve had it all and you could’ve helped them all be better off!! It’s too late for them now. You’re going to get even and you’re going to make them fear you the way they feared the rest of your mafia friends. It all begins with this gun and these bullets…

Each night you must PM me the name of one person who you wish to kill. If you do not choose a target I will randomly pick one for you. This is about revenge now, even if the people you’re avenging didn’t even know you were on their side.

You achieve victory when you are the only person left alive.
I’m not sure how much time TEOR had for the game but he did ask what would happen if his mafia buddies died.. to which I replied “I can’t really say ”. I said that to a lot of people during this game. His original role PM may have been slightly misleading with regards his win condition but I didn’t want to hint towards him having a chance to win if the mafia failed. As you can see, he basically became a gun wielding SK once the mafia died.

All it would’ve taken for him to be recruited into the mafia would be for any of them to target him with an ability. But he never was (probably because he was so quiet)… in fact, the one kill he made was a random number generation against the Warrior. Numbers didn’t favour him that night but Anti was hiding behind Warrior at the time too… but he survived death for a second time there.

Was recruitable into the cult as an unwilling follower.
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Phenom

Really great read; must have been gutting to have set up the whole deal with the prostitute mafia only for it to never really emerge...but that's part and parcel of modding mafia games, I guess. Some other interesting possibilities as well like the framer being recruited into the masons, that'd have been hilarious.
Unread 04-17-2008, 05:42 PM

And at long last, well after the game actually ended… time for the final roles to be posted. It’s been a long time coming but now you get to see what the cult and the individuals were up to.
----------------------------------------------------
Quote:
I forgive you in advance if you need clarification on this role

You are the Cult Aligned High Priestess.

You have been in this town longer than anyone else and remember it’s origins. Far from a peaceful town it is believed to be, the new town has been built on top of the resting place of your unpronounceable god, Yzgtx’fl! And you know that it will be soon be time for Yzgtx’fl’s rest to end but the proper rituals must be observed in order for his time to come again. But you remember what happened the last time Yzgtx’fl was this close to making his presence felt, when the followers turned their backs when they realised just how terrible he was…

Yup, you are the local cult leader. You know there are other minds that will follow you willingly as you try to bring Yzgtx’fl back to power… and you know that there are other minds that you can control using your ”eerie mind powers”, although some people will always be beyond your control and the glory of Yzgtx’fl. As Cult Leader, you have the power to Recruit for the cult or Sacrifice to Yzgtx’fl. However the cult must have a minimum of TWO cult members (including yourself) before you have enough people to perform the necessary sacrificial rites to help bring Yzgtx’fl back to glory.

Each night phase you may PM me the name of one person you wish to recruit into your cult. If they are a willing follower you will then be able to talk to them outside of the game thread. If they are an unwilling follower, you will only be able to control them with your ”eerie mind powers”, but you will find out what skills they have and can opt to manipulate one of those skills per night to your advantage. I will PM you after each day phase with the potential skills you can manipulate from your unwilling followers. You will not be able to talk to them outside the game thread. Some people simply cannot be recruited into the cult, you will have to deal with them.

Rather than recruiting a cult member, you can choose instead to Sacrifice to Yzgtx’fl . When the cult has two or more members you can PM me the name of one person you wish to sacrifice. Each sacrifice will make Yzgtx’fl stronger and will help you to make E-Ville the glorious sanctuary of Yzgtx’fl once again. If you do not make enough sacrifices to Yzgtx’fl while there are so many people in town then Yzgtx’fl will not be at all pleased….

In the past your ”eerie mind powers” have been broken by those with training in guiding the spirit or the mind. You were once almost caught and imprisoned as a result of this, which is why you will not allow any of your unwilling followers to communicate directly with you at any time. Spooky robes and candles for everyone!

The cult achieves victory when everyone left alive is a member of the cult AND the cult has made three successful sacrifices to Yzgtx’fl.
The cult… where to begin with them really. They started with just machinesxe and could only win when they had recruited everyone into the cult.. or killed those that couldn’t be recruited. They HAD to make three kills so were vulnerable to the Forensics skills if they killed early (which is probably why they never did)… in order to make sure they weren’t destroyed early they had two back-up recruiters who would take over the cult as long as there were enough other players left alive. The Psychopath would take over if the High Priestess was killed AND there were still at least half of the original players left alive. The Sheep would take over if the High Priestess AND the Psychopath were dead AND there were still at least one third of the original players left. Each leader would become gradually weaker too. The HP could choose to recruit, sacrifice or do nothing PLUS control the abilities of one of her followers. The Psychopath could choose to recruit, sacrifice or do nothing. The Sheep could choose to recruit or sacrifice. If all of those people were killed then control passed to whoever was left in the cult and they had no option but to sacrifice each night.

Willing followers into the cult could talk to each other outside the thread and could not be cured of being in the cult. The following roles were willing followers from the beginning of the game:

Movie Star
Students (both of them)
Psychopath
Sheep
(I wish I had thought to add the husband/wife to this after they had split but I didn’t)

The following people were unrecruitable by the cult:

Head Masons (both of them)
Innocent Child
Priest
Godfather
Prostitute
Psychiatrist
Survivor

Everyone else was recruitable as an unwilling follower, meaning that they were unable to communicate with the cult leaders outside of the game thread. Given that people couldbe cured out of the cult it would have been unfair to have had them able to talk to each other outside the thread and then simply reveal the identities of the group afterwards. In fact, here is a very quick template for what unwilling followers were told:

You are now the Cult Aligned Whatever Role You Were Before

Hail Ygzfx’fl!! A strange force overcame your mind last night and now you must do it’s bidding. Hail Ygzfx’fl!! You are unable to communicate with anyone else in the cult and the hooded robes and candles make it impossible to tell who is who. Hail Ygzfx’fl!!

You win when the cult reaches their win conditions

Obviously it was tweaked for each message but that’s pretty much what everyone got. They never knew the cult’s win conditions or who else was in the cult. All in all, I think the cult played an excellent game despite having panix on their team for so long. I really thought they were going to win until some inexperience shone through in the end and cost them the game. Outlaw played a great game as part of the cult and the masons and only died because rdsinclair had learned investigate from him and used it against him as part of a devious plot. Great stuff.

Oh… and did I mention that it would be possible (and perhaps necessary) for cultists to sacrifice themselves in order to win? I doubted we’d ever get to that situation but it was always possible and I would’ve loved to have written a cultist sacrificing himself to let Ygztx’fl run free.

I don’t have copies of every cult PM sent out but hopefully I’ve given enough info here so that you can figure out roughly what was said to everyone.

Lostrelms
Quote:
You are the Individually Aligned Psychopath .

They never listened to you… they laughed at you… they always made fun of you and didn’t even have the decency to do it behind your back. You’ll show them. You and the voices. You’ll show them all what it’s liked to be laughed at, to be ignored. The voices have told you what you need to do. You need to kill them all… a sacrifice for the greater good of all, you can cleanse the town of those that need to be cleansed.

Well… whatever your motivations are, you are the psychopath and you must try to kill at night in order to appear sane enough to the rest of the town during the day. Each night you must PM me the name of your intended victim. If you do not send me a PM, a random target will be chosen by me.

You achieve victory when everyone else is eliminated.

Quote:
Sent when promoted to Cult Leader: You are now the Cult Aligned Cult Leader.

On your travels last night you came across an ancient text that explained everything. The town’s mysterious origins, most of the mysterious deaths that have happened in this town over the years… and the voices in your head.

It turns out that you’re not mad at all. In fact, you are probably the most sane person of all as you were the only person who can seemingly hear the voice of Yzgtx’fl. The text chronicles the lifes and worshippers of Yzgtx’fl over the years, with notes from the last High Priestess about the rebellion the town had that broke the mind control of Yzgtx’fl decades ago. Unfortunately for her, she now seems to have met a grizzly end while trying to serve Yzgtx’fl.…

You are the new leader of the Cult of Yzgtx’fl and as such must follow the duties laid down to you in the ancient texts. Yzgtx’fl will listen to your advice as you pick targets for him to gain control over their minds, although the texts warn that this power can be broken by those with training in guiding the spirit and the mind.

As Cult Leader, you have the power to Recruit for the cult or Sacrifice to Yzgtx’fl. However the cult must have a minimum of TWO cult members (including yourself) before you have enough people to perform the necessary sacrificial rites to help bring Yzgtx’fl back to glory.

Each night phase you may PM me the name of one person you wish to recruit into your cult. If they are a willing follower you will then be able to talk to them outside of the game thread. If they are an unwilling follower, Yzgtx’fl will be able to loosely control them with his great powers but this grasp over the conscious is tenuous. You will not be able to talk to them outside the game thread for fear of them finding out the truth and not choosing to follow Yzgtx’fl. Some people simply cannot be recruited into the cult, you will have to deal with them.

Rather than recruiting a cult member, you can choose instead to Sacrifice to Yzgtx’fl . When the cult has two or more members you can PM me the name of one person you wish to sacrifice. Each sacrifice will make Yzgtx’fl stronger and will help you to make E-Ville the glorious sanctuary of Yzgtx’fl once again. If you do not make enough sacrifices to Yzgtx’fl while there are so many people in town then Yzgtx’fl will not be at all pleased….

In the past the High Priestess’ ”eerie mind powers” have been broken by those with training in guiding the spirit or the mind. She was once almost caught and imprisoned as a result of this, which is why you can not allow any of your unwilling followers to communicate directly with you at any time. Spooky robes and candles for everyone!

The cult achieves victory when everyone left alive is a member of the cult AND the cult has made three successful sacrifices to Yzgtx’fl.
Our resident SK made an interesting choice of kill on Night one by taking out his cult superior (who was out trying to recruit outlaw) and filling dead woman’s shoes in the process. Despite the cult losing their leader that early, it probably actually worked out better for them in the long run as the SK would almost certainly have been Forensic’ed and killed off sooner rather than later… promoting himself to recruiter of the cult kept himself alive longer and around to make some valuable contributions towards evil.

I think I covered most of this in the cult write-up already… so I’m not sure what else I can say really. I thought he played rather well and made some good choices. He met his death at the hands of the Warrior while trying to recruit the Warrior… but unfortunately, the best he could’ve hoped for was to kill the Warrior at the same time.. an epic knife battle to the death would’ve been fun for me to write.

TJRoH
Quote:
You are the Non-Aligned Sheep.

Unable to think for yourself, you willingly follow others and have to be told to do by someone else to save you having headaches. You were probably on a sports team of some sort in school and chewed a lot of gum in order to avoid having thoughts or saying anything stupid.

Your alignment and win conditions are not decided until you latch yourself on to someone and become their friend. In order to do this, you must PM me at night with the name of the person you wish to become friends with. You will then take on their alignment and win conditions but sadly, you will not gain any other skills. You do not need to decide who to become friends with immediately but you must choose someone by the end of Night 3. If you do not, I will randomly choose someone for you.

You achieve victory when your friend’s victory conditions are met.

Quote:
As you failed to pick a target by the end of Night 3, I randomly picked one for you. Your target was Ghetto Anthony. Here is your updated role PM.
---------------------------------------
You are now the Town Aligned Sheep.

No longer do you have to think entirely for yourself, you found someone who had an opinion and you made it your own too. Town is good!! Anyone else is bad!! Town is good!! Anyone else is bad!! Etc etc…

You have now taken on Ghetto Anthony’s win conditions. You man NOT talk to him outside the thread but if his alignment changes then yours will do so accordingly. Unfortunately you do not have any other abilities to help you achieve your new win condition but at least you now have a direction that someone else has told you to go in.

You achieve victory when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Quote:
You are now the Cult Aligned Puppet.

With a mind as empty and incapable of fighting back as yours, you were a prime target for the glorious Yzgtx’fl. For years he has been gathering strength in E-Ville only to be thwarted by outside forces. In particular those with the skills in guiding the spirit or the mind have proven capable of breaking his powers of mind control over those who will not willingly follow him. After the deaths of both his dedicated priestess and trusted leader, he has now forcefully taken control of your mind and will use your body to ensure that his real body gets what he needs to rise again…

Each night phase you must PM me the name of one person you either wish to recruit into the cult OR sacrifice for Yzgtx’fl.

If you choose to recruit a number of things may happen. If you recruit a willing follower then you will gain the ability to talk to them outside the thread. Willing followers will always remain loyal to the cult. If you recruit an unwilling follower then they will be a part of the cult but you will not be able to communicate with them. Yzgtx’fl knows that there are those with powers to guide the spirit or the mind that can break his control over unwilling followers. Lastly, there are some people who can’t be recruited into the cult. You will have to deal with them in your own way.

Yzgtx’fl needs sacrifices in order to build enough strength to rise again. Rather than recruit you can choose to sacrifice to Yzgtx’fl. Each sacrifice makes Yzgtx’fl stronger and will help make E-Ville back into the sanctuary of Yzgtx’fl that it once was. It will take three successful sacrifices to Yzgtx’fl in order to make him strong enough to rule once more.

Poor TJ, he must’ve barely know if he was coming or going with the number of role PMs he ended up with. Even so, I thought he played a pretty good game even though he never actually sent me a person to latch onto.

Interestingly, this could’ve been a very powerful role. While he could’ve latched onto anyone there were some situations where this would’ve been very peculiar indeed. For example, if he’d latched onto the prostitute he could’ve been loyal to her and talked to her group while being the cult leader… or he could’ve latched onto anyone else and if they had been recruited into the cult then he would’ve joined them too AND been able to talk to cult members as a result. Or he could’ve latched onto the survivor and pretty much become one himself. Lots of potential, but in the end he was always most likely to be cult and that is what he did become. Good game for TJ, I think he done pretty well.

gonvick
Quote:
You are the Individually Aligned Survivor .

Your car stopped working just a couple of miles down the road and you’ve wandered into this town, lost, confused, hungry and with a minor feeling of dread. Probably something to do with the fact that a dead body has mysteriously turned up on the very day you walk into town. Seriously, these guys have gallows and they aren’t afraid to use them. And this town… it’s just creepy. Something about it is really, really creepy but you can’t quite work out what it is, apart from the dead body, the gallows and their ability to only talk on a forum.

Unfortunately for you, you have no special skills in this game. You just have to find a way to survive by any means necessary.

You achieve victory when one side meets their victory conditions and you are still alive. At this point, you escape back to the civilised world and try to forget what happened in this weird town.
One of the hardest roles there is, especially when it shows up not town aligned. But it was always possible to get recruited into the masons, receive mail or inventor items and generally be useful while waiting for any group to reach their win conditions. It’s a tough role but in a town like this, how could you not have it?

And that’s the end of the roles. I was going to do a nightly break down of the game but I don’t think I have the brain power or time necessary to do it. So I’ll let you try to decipher things for yourself with all this new info you have. Should be fun for you to try and work things out.

Thanks to everyone for playing, I hope you all enjoyed your time in E-Ville… Hail Yzgtx’fl!! And may he roam free until I decide to make a sequel.
Unread 10-14-2018, 05:55 PM
Super Star

Unread 10-15-2018, 04:46 AM

How did this game read in hindsight, Outlaw? Was my first time modding and I think I'd only played about 3 games by this point too so I suspect a lack of experience and some overenthusiastic character creation from me may have created some issues that I didn't like to address at the time.
Unread 10-18-2018, 06:35 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
How did this game read in hindsight, Outlaw? Was my first time modding and I think I'd only played about 3 games by this point too so I suspect a lack of experience and some overenthusiastic character creation from me may have created some issues that I didn't like to address at the time.
It was an enjoyable game. Very tense. I felt balanced. With the not being able to talk with the other cult members.
I want rehash the old stuff. It does make me sad that the poison element that occurred during the game cost the mafia community a very good player, and one of the good guys.

or should I say gals

Last edited by theoutlaw321 : 10-18-2018 at 06:41 PM.